Beyond Bank Branches

Beyond Bank Branches

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Amazing Customer Service

I have been with Beyond Bank since it was United Community and United Credit Union before that. I recently applied for a construction loan and not only did my representative get us the lowest rate going, she also has remained in touch with us even though she moved location. Any issues I have she always replies and/or fixes the day I email, even if it’s just to increase my daily spend limit. Their service has been incredible. She also made sure I had a better rate on my current home loan.
Can’t praise them enough.

Beyond Redemption

BB needs a complete overhaul of their culture, particularly when dealing with matters involving the accounts of recently deceased members and their families. I understand they can’t divulge information over the phone to family members, but to get cagey and secretive about general policy matters in a cold and callous manner does little to promote confidence in the ethics, empathy and morality of the bank. They apparently closed my mother’s account without the knowledge of the Executor of my mother’s estate, and as a result the cheque for the funeral insurance can’t be deposited and there is no other way to cash it to pay funeral expenses. As a result of my mother’s funeral expenses being in my name I am the one who will end up with a damaged credit rating. They have been entirely unhelpful and unsympathetic. Try to avoid a guy called Andrew from Estates - he’s like a brick wall. Oh, and don’t expect them to offer condolences on your loss. It’s just money and business to them.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Great Experience

Great experience with my local Beyond Bank branch after applying for a car loan online. Fantastic rates and such quick friendly service. I had my new car less than a week after applying for finance, unlike my previous experiences with other banks where the process dragged on for weeks.

Review TypeLoan Application

Zero loyalty, no logic or care factor.

So they have their new TV advert saying they are all about the people - rubbish!
Their stupid attitude is more like "computer sys no....." and they have no logic or care factor.

I've been with them over 36 years and have all my insurances and loans with them the whole time.
I've never missed one payment and my total loans are a hell of alot (home, car and multiple investment loans).

Most recently, I have had a fixed rate (interest only) loan term expire. I recieved a letter in February stating I will have to pay principal and interest as of May (additional 600+ per month) , I called straight away to re fix as interest only and told them to go ahead with sending paperwork for "re applying" for the loan (I've had for 5 years). Nothing was done and I received another letter in the last week of April stating the same thing about paying P&I.
I called again telling them this should have been sorted in February and still didn't receive the "re applying" paper work straight away.
Two days went by and I had to call a third time and spoke to the same lady to get the paperwork - mind you I now have 5 days including the weekend before they slug me an additional $600 because of their laziness (on an investment loan) . I asked them to Change the first my payment to just interest only because this should have been sorted in February and there was no care at all and the reply was "you may just have to pay the first month principal and interest until this is sorted out"...... This is their ignorance and I am out of pocked and they couldn't give a crap.

On the multiple loans issue, I tried to combine two loan that have the same interest rate on two investments so my monthly repayments could be slightly less and I could put the extra on my home loan and they didn't want a bar of it.
You'd think for the amount of interest I pay in a year on interest only, I would be funding one of these idiots yearly salary.

They are a waste of time and are not there for the people!!!!

You'll notice that these reviews have no replies from beyond bank where as other banks and credit unions are active on here and reply to these reviews.
Ignorance!

Aged Pensioner Term Deposit

My mum-in-law moved into an aged care nursing home, and these are very expensive, so along with the government fees, leaves very little left over cash from their pension to pay for medicines and everything else. She had a little cash left over from the sale of her unit and tried to create a term deposit account for her, as they offered the best interest rate that paid monthly. Well the staff at the office knew nothing, even destroyed a legal power of attorney document by removing the staples and could/would not help. It seems it is near impossible to create a new account for someone who is unable to come to the branch office. Aged care people are not mobile, often are unable to leave the facility and are disadvantaged. Perhaps we should have hired an ambulance to take her in her aged care bed to the office to satisfy their identification needs. This bank lost another potential long term client because of this attitude and unwillingness to help, so much for the social aspects that this bank espouse..."we can offer the best of both worlds – the security and competitive rates of a bank, together with the member-oriented philosophy".

Review TypeNew Account

excellent service

Been a customer since the CPS Days 1997 , when the ANZ played around too much over a home loan and my partner suggested her credit union was better option , helped in getting want we wanted .
Very rarely need to visit these day as its all online and very easy to do transactions .
When i do go in its friendly and quick , but go after 11am because the early risers can clog it up at 9.30 to 11.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions and Loan Application

No loyalty to customers

We were loyal to this credit union for too long. When our loan was up for renewal I requested to go to cheaper rate as advertised. The customer service staff member told me that rate "wasn't for people like you" and even our mortgage broker from our local branch wouldn't offer us a better rate. We saw the light and removed all accounts with them for ourselves and kids and could will never deal with them again. We paid fees and had ridiculous interest rates on our accounts for too long, plus the treatment from staff was dismal. Funny how their outside of work persona changes once you are no longer a member.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions and Loan Application