2.7

This afternoon at Big W

Store LocationStrathpine
Penn H.

Penn H.

Illogical hiring practice and lack of men in recruitment

Women are mostly involved in the hiring process, which makes the job interview intimidating for a man. They won’t hire someone who is readily available for work, has no dependants, physically fit, and energetic. They have no patience to teach someone how to perform duties; learning on the job isn’t an Option. You must already have experience in retail.

Instead, they’ll choose unfit, older, overweight candidates, who most likely have dependents. They also don’t handle the ambition of workers wanting to ascend the ladder, as higher ups feel threatened and they worry about their job security. I really wanted to work there.

Store LocationOrion Springfield
Sofia M.

Sofia M.Canberra Central 2602, ACT

Bad staff temper

Store LocationCanberra City 0122

Beatriz M.

Beatriz M.Sydney, NSW

Awful customer service and products

I bought a TV 2 hours ago, came home and the TV doesn’t work. No assistance and no commitment. Horrendous.

Store LocationWarringah Mall
Lucas

Lucas

Would you sell a car without wheels

Spent 200 bucks on a leap pad for my son but when I ask where to buy games for it just get told maybe look on Ebay just useless you should be ashamed of such terrible service and lack of stock

Store LocationJoondalup
Vanessa

VanessaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Pointless looking for games and equipment if you play xbox or ps4

Staff did not have any gaming knowledge the guy who served me was nice but clueless I tried to buy a game I wanted it was on the shelf but apparently not available I then looked for more games but they were all crap and over priced. This is not suitable for gamers!

Store LocationEastland
Customer 1234

Customer 1234South Australia

Won't exchange or refund clearance items

Bought an iphone SE cover on clearance. The packaging was difficult to determine if it will fit my new iphone SE (2020 model). I assumed that it should be compatible as indicated in the label for iphone SE cover.
Only to find out at home that it was an old iphone SE cover & was smaller than the new model.
Called BigW store Elizabeth, SA where it was purchased to exchange item, but was informed that they don't exchange or refund items on clearance even if I have the receipt.

Heather5

Heather5Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Wrong item received

Store LocationFountain Gate Vic
hugh

hughSydney, NSW

Bought two RC cars, both broke, Terrible service!

Store LocationPagewood Sydney

howard

howard

TV failed after 2 years

after a little over 2 years, audio OK but no picture
BIG W Mittagong credited me NO problems after a little over 2 years
BIG thumbs up for BIG W
I will be sopping there again with confidence.

jenny l.

jenny l.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

refused to exchange or refund

Bought 2 x pair of court shoes I x pair arrived one shoe size 9 other size 6 1 x pair had no heel tips on either shoe I took the shoes AND the receipt back to the store and was told "Sorry you bought them online so we can't do anything" Even when I showed them the Big W returns policy they weren't interested

CustomerGuy

CustomerGuy

TIP : Why you need a receipt to refund or exchange sizes

I shop with Bigw a lot and I can see a lot of people here have the same refund gift issue , a helpful tip that there is gift receipt option if your planning to purchase the item as a gift just ask the checkout or service staff for it. You need a receipt is due to the fact a lot of people just grab items from the clothing section and demands a refund , there is no way of telling if your purchased it as all tags are the same in product code and also due to dishonest people these days makes it diffcult to distinguish between honest and scumbags.

Mandy B

Mandy BSydney, NSW

Never buy gifts from Big W

Ridiculous policy of not being able to exchange clothing for the next size up.
Received many baby gifts, brand exclusive to Big W, tags and hangers still attached, which were the wrong size.
Unable to exchange just to the next size up due to not having the receipt. Who gives you a receipt with a gift?
Other retailers allow for a 'straight swap' or even provide a credit note.
Also, poor customer service.

Annette F.

Annette F.Perth, WA

Avella clothing sizing is terrible

I needed a new pair of jeans. Went to Big W, Mirrabooka, and they have a great range’ unfortunately, sizing is anHUGE is. 2 pairs of the same size as labeled, and 1 pair is in fact about 3 sizes bigger around the waists, but then it’s legs are about 8 sizes too small.
The other pair, while fitting around the waist, has tents for the legs :(
Honestly, both labeled the same size :(
They’re going back, and I won’t buy from Big W again.
Oh, and Kmart has a similar issue
I’m told both companies use Chinese manufacturing...by staff
And staff also told me that it’s the pick of the draw with Avella sizing, they they have no control over it

Store LocationMirrabooka WA. But all sizing is the same at BIG W
jamieleehenderson69

jamieleehenderson69South East Queensland, QLD

Dunlop Size 7 Basketball Exploded

I bought a size 7 dunlop basketball from the big W location at garden city shopping centre with my partner, we took it out to the open court at the same shopping centre, took some turns trying to throw it into the net for ~15-20 minutes before deciding to go home, while sitting at the bus stop waiting to go the ball started making strange noises before exploding about a minute later, destroying my hearing for about 45 minutes and terrifying everybody else in the bus stop (it was very loud), all in all I wouldn't recommend getting balls atleast from here, couldn't even find a proper way to leave a review on the actual product

Store LocationBig W Mt Gravatt Corner of Logan Road and, Kessels Rd, Upper Mount Gravatt QLD 4122

BMB

BMBMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Appalling staff behaviour

Store LocationBig W Young NSW
Martha T.

Martha T.

car seat

purchased a 4 year to 8 year car seat and love it. Was easy to find and had many in stock. At amazingly cheap price you could never go wrong.

Lis

Lis

Party section. Balloon rip off

I had a kids birthday party and had 6 small of my own helium balloons. I went into big w store the afternoon before the party and got them blown up. It cost $40! I thought there must've been some mistake so went back into store the next to check(was in a rush before) and the manager was abrupt and said not their problem.

Jake

JakeQueensland

basketball hoop

i bought the $89 basketball hoop and when i got home the middle pole to make it was not the right size so Big W really needs to fix this

Store LocationLoganholme Queensland
Lynette K.

Lynette K.Sydney, NSW

Best easy shop for mother's

I like there variety and range for baby things and kids clothes. They always have savings and always competive price. The customer service is really good when ever I ask a question or for help they always are more then happy to help me out. Even helping with my sometimes full on kids.

Store LocationBlacktown big W retail store