2.8

jenny l.

jenny l.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

refused to exchange or refund

Bought 2 x pair of court shoes I x pair arrived one shoe size 9 other size 6 1 x pair had no heel tips on either shoe I took the shoes AND the receipt back to the store and was told "Sorry you bought them online so we can't do anything" Even when I showed them the Big W returns policy they weren't interested

CustomerGuy

CustomerGuy

TIP : Why you need a receipt to refund or exchange sizes

I shop with Bigw a lot and I can see a lot of people here have the same refund gift issue , a helpful tip that there is gift receipt option if your planning to purchase the item as a gift just ask the checkout or service staff for it. You need a receipt is due to the fact a lot of people just grab items from the clothing section and demands a refund , there is no way of telling if your purchased it as all tags are the same in product code and also due to dishonest people these days makes it diffcult to distinguish between honest and scumbags.

Mandy B

Mandy BSydney, NSW

Never buy gifts from Big W

Ridiculous policy of not being able to exchange clothing for the next size up.
Received many baby gifts, brand exclusive to Big W, tags and hangers still attached, which were the wrong size.
Unable to exchange just to the next size up due to not having the receipt. Who gives you a receipt with a gift?
Other retailers allow for a 'straight swap' or even provide a credit note.
Also, poor customer service.

Annette F.

Annette F.Perth, WA

Avella clothing sizing is terrible

I needed a new pair of jeans. Went to Big W, Mirrabooka, and they have a great range’ unfortunately, sizing is anHUGE is. 2 pairs of the same size as labeled, and 1 pair is in fact about 3 sizes bigger around the waists, but then it’s legs are about 8 sizes too small.
The other pair, while fitting around the waist, has tents for the legs :(
Honestly, both labeled the same size :(
They’re going back, and I won’t buy from Big W again.
Oh, and Kmart has a similar issue
I’m told both companies use Chinese manufacturing...by staff
And staff also told me that it’s the pick of the draw with Avella sizing, they they have no control over it

Store LocationMirrabooka WA. But all sizing is the same at BIG W
jamieleehenderson69

jamieleehenderson69South East Queensland, QLD

Dunlop Size 7 Basketball Exploded

I bought a size 7 dunlop basketball from the big W location at garden city shopping centre with my partner, we took it out to the open court at the same shopping centre, took some turns trying to throw it into the net for ~15-20 minutes before deciding to go home, while sitting at the bus stop waiting to go the ball started making strange noises before exploding about a minute later, destroying my hearing for about 45 minutes and terrifying everybody else in the bus stop (it was very loud), all in all I wouldn't recommend getting balls atleast from here, couldn't even find a proper way to leave a review on the actual product

Store LocationBig W Mt Gravatt Corner of Logan Road and, Kessels Rd, Upper Mount Gravatt QLD 4122
BMB

BMBMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Appalling staff behaviour

Store LocationBig W Young NSW
Martha T.

Martha T.

car seat

purchased a 4 year to 8 year car seat and love it. Was easy to find and had many in stock. At amazingly cheap price you could never go wrong.

Alissa

Alissa

Party section. Balloon rip off

I had a kids birthday party and had 6 small of my own helium balloons. I went into big w store the afternoon before the party and got them blown up. It cost $40! I thought there must've been some mistake so went back into store the next to check(was in a rush before) and the manager was abrupt and said not their problem.

Jake

JakeQueensland

basketball hoop

i bought the $89 basketball hoop and when i got home the middle pole to make it was not the right size so Big W really needs to fix this

Store LocationLoganholme Queensland

Lynette K.

Lynette K.Sydney, NSW

Best easy shop for mother's

I like there variety and range for baby things and kids clothes. They always have savings and always competive price. The customer service is really good when ever I ask a question or for help they always are more then happy to help me out. Even helping with my sometimes full on kids.

Store LocationBlacktown big W retail store
Jayne M.

Jayne M.Illawarra, NSW

Happy customer

I purchased a pair of women’s Tradie work boots called “The Boss”. Unassisted but that’s ok. Greeted at store front by friendly staff. I found what I was looking for and happily purchased it. Price was better than what I had been comparing to. Really comfortable. Cashier service was pleasant and happy. Satisfied shopping experience!

Store LocationWarrawong Big W
Halle

HalleSydney, NSW

Q U A L I T Y

I purchased a pair of black ugg boots, and a cute little button top from there store in Plumpton. AMAZING quality for both purchases! Ugg boots are so warm and durable I wear them everywhere! Great customer service as well :)

Store LocationPlumpton NSW
nissacow

nissacowSydney, NSW

Apparently big W "policies" VOID Australian Consumer Law

Store LocationCampsie, NSW
alexander52

alexander52AU

Philips Series 1000

I bought a Philips series electric shaver my first as i was using throw away razors this shaver is brillant its quiet and does a good close up shave i would reconmend this shaver just the job i still have my battery Philips shaver my mum bought me in 1988 sadly you can get the blades for this anymore its seems any Philips brand off shaver is the way to go hope i can buy the blades for this shaver when the time come all up very happy with my new Philips electric shaver comes with little brush and pouch it carry so if you are after a shaver than run out and buy this one you will enjoy it does the job

Store LocationBig W Erina Fair On The Central Coast

John DoeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Racist Employee

Vankrystal M.Sydney, NSW

Vacuum is deadlycaught fire in 30sec..Manager needs to step down

Store LocationPenrith nsw
Vankrystal M.

No word FROM him today.. Tues.

Nathan

NathanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Calling for product

Called five times waited total one hour for them to track down one product and still could not tell me if it was in store so not happy with service

Store LocationSunshine
Mariana

MarianaNew South Wales

Very disappointed

I have received a gift from Big W and decided to go change for something else. I did not remove the tag, and did not open it, it was still wrapped in plastic with the bar code, however the costumer service did not accept the change without the receipt. How am I going to ask for a receipt when it is a gift?
I have never had this problem with Kmart, target and other stores, I do not recommend getting gifts from Big W to anyone.

Moto

MotoPerth, WA

This product is good but need better quality of material

About 12 months ago I saw that Big W were selling Champion underwear so I thought I will try it out so I brought a pair washed them before I wore them they were great until last week when I noticed a good sized rip below the band I paid about $18 bucks for them I honestly don’t think I will buy them again because after wearing them heaps of time and Washing them the Cotten material gets really thin and the leg of the underwear goes out of shape if those things were sorted out I probably would buy again until then I will go back to the crap Kmart underwear that at least doesn’t rip after 12 months

Store LocationJoondalup. WA
Judith

JudithSydney Surrounds, NSW

This product is extremely poor quality

I purchased brilliant basics boys undershorts and after wearing a pair for one day they had holes on both sides from pulling them up and there was a tear in the crotch. This product is of such poor quality and if I had not paid money for it, it would almost be comical. I like many other people, am really fed up with getting such inferior products!

Store LocationRichmond NSW