Big W Retail Stores

Big W Retail Stores

Good service

Big w is the best shop , they have every thing in good quality and services, I love to do my kids shopping from them , they have very good baby clothes and food

Dragon Ball Z fighter PS4 game

I have bought many, many products over the years from BIG W and you all ways get great value for money.
I recently bought a Dragon Ball Z fighter PS4 game. BIG W had the best price for this game and the product was all I expected. Great game and great customer service from BIG W Browns Plains.

Problem Solved!!

I had the annoying issue of re-packing and returning a 55” HD TV after only 2 weeks as there was an established ants nest within the unit. From the initial phone call to advise of the issue to taking delivery of the replacement was so easy. Kudos to Jeremy at the exchange counter and the young man (Finn?) from the back dock at your Tweed City store and thank you for assisting me on the day I returned the tv. They were super helpful and professional, can definitely see a future in management for these two young men.

Great Service Friendly People

I regularly visit the Big W store at Newcastle West. It has everything I need so I don't go travelling around. It has a great range of items from outdoor furniture to personal makeup. The staff are always helpful and will walk you around the store to find the item you want. I have spent thousands at this Big W and wouldn't go anywhere else.

Good cheap things.

Friendly staff no matter what suburb. Nice clothes and things with cheap prices and many different things to choose from in the same shop. I can get a whole out for for $60

Bicycle purchase

I bought a DIAMOND BACK bicycle from big w on 18 march 2019. After 12 days of use the bicycle's gears began to fall off and the first gear could not be used whatsoever cause the chain would get stuck into the wheel every time i tried to put it. Terrible bicycle. I returned it back to the store and they told me a handyman woukd get it fixed and we would call you. It took 10 days sadly to get it fixed and when i got it back it was in the EXACT samen condition when i had returned it. So i returned it once again back and expressed my conplain. All the staff there were incredibly helpful. Im happy that the manager rightfully agreed to fully refund me for it.
Final conclusion: The bicycles sold in Big W in connection with their quality are TERRIBLE. But the stuff and the service provided there is EXCEPTIONAL.

Self service a disgrace

Absolutely unreal. So they fire employees and expect customers to do big ws job? You arent paying me as a checkout job, and on the other hand. You end up walking out with ink tabs still stuck on your items. Should it not be the employee overwatching the self serves to know what has ink tabs and to engage the customer. Now for the third time i gotta go down to get an ink tab removed because no one was on checkouts and i had to self serve. Absolute crap. No wonder big w is going down. No one is running the show.

Lenses pop out within days of purchase. Never fixed.

I brought glasses from them, within 2days of purchasing the lens kept popping out the top. I've had them replaced once but did the exact thing. They have adjusted them so many times they look ridiculous. I Wil NEVER EVER buy glasses from them again. So not happy....

Clothing impressive

We have been shopping on and off at Big W for years and we were really impressed last week in the Wangaratta Store. We are not sure whether the system of buying has changed but the quality of clothing has improved noticeably. The designs, range and manufacturing quality are now superior.
Customer service was also more than satisfactory.

Stopped in at your Bonnyrigg Store

Needed a few items and stopped in at Bonnyrigg store, huge mistake, looked eveywhere for a nail brush finally found concierge (person on the entrance way) third time walking past the entrance, this person pointed & waved hand around and said down there. Oh so helpful, I think the direction indicated (I didn't like to ask for exact directions as this person was not the least interested didn't want to be helpful or give any any form of customer service) I had already wasted 15mins looking. So I gave up on that pick up the other items I required and wasted more time trying to find out prices and then headed to assisted check out. On waiting there while the shop assistants had a chat about their weekend, one looked up, looked at me and said around there. I thought cash register closest was being indicated, apparently not she looked extremely annoyed and yelled over there, go round there, to which I said to you mean the self serve register and she yelled YES. (Pardon me for interrupting their social life). So I said if you're not interested in serving I don't want the items and I left them on the counter and walked out. Ok so it is the managements right to no want to serve customers or give any form of customer service. But if you're going to use self serve registers only then management should place a sign at the entrance. That would have been good manners, then those that do not use self service would not have to waste time in your store and your staff who are being paid to discuss their social lives would not have to interrupt the conversation to put products away. Anyway won't be back. Not that would bother management at this store.

Price match

I bought a toy from a store and found the same toy for 60% less than what i paid for in big w. They wouldn't price match it even though it was within the same week and i had the receipts. I wasnt asking for a refund. I only wanted a price match. Very disappointing. Wouldn't buy anything from them now.

Cheap Rackets

On Thursday 1st September 2016 I purchased 2 Wilson Energy XL Power Rackets for $54 ($27 each) from the Ringwood Store so I could play it when I go to the RACV Healesville Country Club with Ashley from Saturday 5th November 2016 to Monday 7th November 2016.

Instore party supplies

Purchased all the stuff for my daughter to have a party and was surprised at the range of stuff that was available.
We purchased a few large balloons and they were filled the next day and we picked them up just before the party.
We got plates/decorations/cups/
knives and forks and even small stuff for pass the parcel !
Order was filled and the balloons
( which were as big as a 12year old child)
Stayed inflated for a few days !
Price was cheaper than a party supplies store !

LONG WAIT.

For xmas my kids receive some lego from their uncle in Perth, but he forgot to also send us the receipt to exchange if needed. We were told all we needed was a sms of his bank statement with the purchase on it which we did.
We were kept waiting for 90 mins while a staff member tried to find the receipt on computer, another staff member told her after 20 mins to call [name removed] as he could find it faster ,but she said it was fine she'd do it.
So after the 90 mins she decided to call [name removed] who found the receipt in 5mins.

unsatisfactory customer service

Recently I purchased Finish Classic dishwasher 110 tablets at a cost of close to $20 at Big W Tea Tree Plaza.
I have a dishwasher under 12 months old and these Finish tablets did not remove tea stains from cups. I had previously used another brand and also used Finish in the past without any problems. I even tried using 2 tablets with the same result, tea stains not removed.
I called the shop and was diverted to someone whom I presume was the manager. After explaining the problem she did not offer any help what so ever, in fact I consider her to have had quite an attitude. She seemed to ignore what I was telling her and she just kept repeating over and over again that tea stains are hard to remove.
I have been using dishwashers for over 50 years and have never had this problem with good quality products. I suggest this person would benefit from some training in customer care and service, she is not a benefit to Big W with here lack of assistance and her attitude.