Bing Lee Physical store

See the Best Appliance Retailers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Selling second-hand goods which are disguised as brand new?

My wife purchased a Sunbeam coffee machine from Bing Lee's online eBay store with pick up from Marsden Park.

I opened it after fathers day and noticed the tape on the box looked like it had been opened previously but thought nothing of it. I continued to open and set up the machine. I noticed some brown residue on the housing around the grinder which started to arouse my suspicions. The instructions recommended flushing the machine with tap water which i did. I noticed in the flushed water small brown pieces which resembled ground coffee. This further caused me to suspect this was a used machine.

I proceeded to attempt to make the first cup of coffee but the machine jammed 2-3 times. At this point, mixed with my suspicion of it being a second hand or returned product, i decided to return it to Bing Lee. They tried to palm it off to Sunbeam and told me it is normal for the machine to be tested before sale but i said its hard to believe they would make a coffee as part of their QA process.

Without saying a word, they proceeded to pull all the parts out of the box and tried to make a cup of coffee. After 15 minutes of them fumbling around and using a vacuum to suck out beans stuck in the grinder they proceeded to tell me the machine worked like normal. I found this strange as i have never had a company try and challenge me by setting up a faulty product to try and prove me wrong.

Anyway, we went back and forth where they continually refused my request for a refund. After 10 or so minutes, they called the Sunbeam rep who told them to offer me a refund or replacement. I don't know what the point of Bing Lee is if they are completely governed by the manufacturer and cant make their own decisions?

At this point, they did actually offer me the recommended refund or replacement. I stupidly took the replacement as i genuinely wanted a coffee machine!! They said come back in 2 days when they received additional stock. Upon my return, they showed me 2 boxes of 'new' machines i could pick from. They directed me to again what appeared to be tampered stick tape holding the box together but said this was completely normal. I again stupidly accepted this and selected a 'new' machine.

I took the 'new' machine home, opened the box and straight away saw the grinder was completely caked with either rust or ground coffee bean residue. I put it all back together in the box and drove it straight back to Bing Lee where again, i got the standard spiel that it was part of the testing process. I again watched their sales staff fumble over each other to come up with a reason not to refund. I asked they ring the rep from Sunbeam and that i could talk with them to explain that i believe Bing Lee are selling second hand merchandise. At this point they gave me the number for Sunbeam customer care. They then rang the manager and asked i speak to him on the phone where he abruptly told me i would not be getting a refund and said that i had used the machine. I argued with him and he got quiet aggressive through the phone at which point i put he phone down as i had no interest in discussing the matter with him further. While this was happening, another one of the Bing Lee staff called the Sunbeam rep who 'approved' the refund.

A couple of things i learnt from this -

Bing Lee don't value their customers and treat them like criminals. I have had problems with electrical goods before when purchased from say Harvey Norman or JB Hifi and i have never experienced such interrogation.

They don't honor Australian Consumer Law and hide behind the manufacturer. I told them numerous times, my business was with Bing Lee, not Sunbeam so i have no interest in talking to Sunbeam about it.

If packaging looks tampered with, particularly when purchasing from Bing Lee (no matter how good the sale is) DON'T BUY OR ACCEPT IT!!

Stand your ground and don't accept their bully tactics. They will try and gang up on you and you will find you have 3-4 people buzzing around you all wanting to put their 2 cents in.

Store LocationBing Lee Marsden Park
Product PurchasedCoffee Machine

I was ripped off.

I bought a fridge from bing lee and I was charged $60 delivery when I was told it was free .They said only when I paid for it and when they delivered it two shelves were missing and refused to replace them.

Store LocationHurstville
Product PurchasedFridge

Service beyond asking for it

I have spent weeks doing extensive research on outfitting a new kitchen with all its appliances.
1) Bing Lee at Warrilla - a guy called Joe, was the most helpful salesperson from all the other competitor stores. Friendly, good advice, not pushy, and gave me confidence in what to buy ++.
2) I used the WEB chat site and got a guy called Fredo. Not only was he very helpful BUT RANG me to discuss my issue / queries further and it is 4.45 pm on a Sunday afternoon!!! He was also sooooo informative, knowledgeable, patient with me, and not pushy.
3) I have done a spread sheet on my list of 6 big kitchen appliance and their costing with their after sales product care costs. If that store had any for that appliance and some didn’t. Not Bing Lee, a 4 year warranty on every appliance I wanted and cheaper than any of the other competitor. My spread sheet clearly put Bing Lee at the front with appliance price and after sales product care for 4-year plans by over $1,000 (on $12000 worth of appliances on my wish list).
Therefore, after being a big, cautious, and very savvy shopper, for many many years, I know who I will be going with when the time comes to shop and that will be Bing Lee.

Need my Toaster.

Was assisted by friendly staff soon as both my wife and myself entered the store which was great we let the assistant know that we knew exactly what we wanted and i was assured if i needed assistance that i just needed to call out. After purchasing our Sony TV 2 weeks prior we received a gift card to use in store we both really enjoyed the experience and we purchased good quality products was after a 1 Liter Kettle and 2 slice toaster, thanks again to the team at Wodonga Bing lee.

Product PurchasedTv Kettle toaster

dodgy and unprofessional!

Bought two products from eBay Bing Lee last month respectively and picked up in different stores. The first one was perfect and smooth. The second one was terrible and would make me avoid Bing Lee:

1. Mis-communication. eBay emailed me the item was available for pick up, but in fact the store did not have the stock. It's alright as the store manager called me about this. Then, I received another email from eBay few hours later for the same. This time I called the store to confirm and found out the item was actually not available.

2. Not a new product as advertised. Five days later, the item was available. I went to pick up and found that it looked a bit odd. It seemed the box was already opened before. I inspected it in front of the store. The product was full of fingermarks, and the labels and tags were missing. More importantly, there was a mark (scratch) that might affect the performance. I didn't think it's a new product as advertised. It looked like a demo or returned product.

3. Unprofessional customer service. I told a customer service representative after inspection. The customer service representative escalated it to another colleague. As there was no stock, he gave me a demo. Unfortunately, that demo product got a mark (scratch) too. With no choice, I asked for refund. The staff told his colleague in front of me that I was a troublesome customer in another language (Cantonese). Well, I spent my lunch time driving to your store to pick up an item and find it faulty. I was very disappointed about Bing Lee's customer service.

Bing Lee great value pricing

I needed to replace my microwave, kettle and toaster. I priced all three on Appliances online and came to $769. I thought that they would be the cheapest as they dont have physical stores but would deliver quickly. I went to Moore Park Supa centre and checked out same appliances at Harvey Norman and Bing Lee. HN didnt have my microwave but Bing Lee had all three products. I asked for their best price and they said $587 I said what about $550 and we then agreed to $560. Two minutes later I was loading the appliances into my car and heading home. Cant speak highly enough of Bing Lee - Great Products at very competitive prices. Saved myself $209 or 27% and it wasnt even a special sale, just a normal day !!!!

Store LocationMoore Park

The Poorest Customer Service and Management at Crossroads Bing Lee

Bought a Dyson portable vaccuum for our son’s well-being who is allergic to dust mites and has asthmatic symptoms, took it home and used it once. Now we know Dyson’s are good but this unit had poor suction and on high power battery would discharge in 6mins. So, called up Bing Lee and tried to speak to manager first to make sure we could do something about it or we were stuck with the item. Wanted to avoid the fuss as we’ve shopped so many times at this particular store, and never had trouble. Anyhow, was put to wait for 30-45mins. Then got told someone will call, and got a call eventually from a salesperson. Gently told him that we feel the dyson portable we bought is not fit for the purpose claimed by the manufacturer. And we are not sure if we have a case where we can return or buy something else in its place. We live 40kms away from this store now (unlike before when we were living 10mins away). So if you can do something about it then good else, we won’t bother come. The guy probably had poor english background, did not get the message, told us to come and they will “take a look”! We drove with our asthmatic son all the way, and when we got there, salesman disinterestingly takes the main unit out, checks if it operates (which obviously it did), puts it back, tells us he cannot do anything! Not even a minute ti try and understand the problem, talk to manager...nothing. And this is after we tried to make sure it was even worth we came down, coz if not then we wouldn’t have bothered. Well, no...he was not interested to listen or talk, instead kept saying “i told you over the phone we do not do refunds!!” That annoyed me, our son started crying, i got annoyed and asked to speak to the manager, and he comes and starts talking to us rudely, telling us to not waste our voice and energy in a rude manner. My wife tried to speak politely, and he kept talking to her rudely...at that point i knew this was a bad store since they did not even value their loyal customers. Not once did anyone even bother to listen to the problem we had with the unit! Bing Lee...Yenda Lee...Lionell Lee...disappointing! Sorry you’ve lost my business and my big family of 87 people for ever! We’ve all lived in or near Crossroads area and now we’ll go anywhere but not to your store.

Store LocationCrossroads Casula

Decent product range

The store has a good collection of products. The customer service has been good every time I have visited. They take the effort to explain all the features and are not pushy. The checkout process is quick. Not the most competitive when it comes to prices however for small products it has been very convenient.

Store Locationrhodes

Rubbish after sale service

I bought a in Old Guildford Binglee two months ago, at the time of purchase they did not mention anything about the terms of warranty, recently i found the microwave was not working, i went to them and they checked and stated that it was due to cockroach damage??? which was not covered in the warranty. What the hell is this excuse? I am a year 4 university engineering student, i am not going to accept this crap excuse for their terrible product quality .

Store LocationOld Guildford
Warranty Claim MadeYes
Product PurchasedPanasonic microwave

Excellent service by Binglee Carlingford

Excellent service provided by Binglee staff Trang Tran who quoted and explained all about the machine over the phone and cleared all my doubts about delivery and warranties etc. I spent hardly 5 minutes to just make the payment and wait for the delivery at home. Which arrived promptly.

Service

I have already sent this information to Bing Lee and have had no response.
I was wishing to buy a certain item that was exclusive to Bing Lee, and advertised the day before for $199.00.
When I got to store the next day it was $249.
I asked the salesman and he went and saw his manager, then told me that Yamaha had told them to increase the price.
I asked "so you have got new stock since yesterday?"
His response was that this was not new stock.
I then said that his reason was does not sound right, as price fixing by the manufacturer is now illegal.
He then backtracked and said Yamaha suggested that Bing Lee put the price up.
I don't like being misled and what makes matters worse, is that Bing Lee, could not even bother to acknowledge my complaint.
I for one will certainly not buy from Bing Lee again.
I can't imagine what service or lack thereof, you would get if you purchased and had a problem.

Store LocationErina, NSW
Warranty Claim MadeNo

Don't shop here poor service

Inspite of the products available, service was very poor, staff uncooperative bar one or two. Don't shop here, go somewhere where they bother with the customer, the manager was so very unhelpful. Doesn't say much for the company with a manager who sets this example.

Store LocationMoore park
Product PurchasedDyson V11 Absolute Pro

Super service with Sid @ Bing Lee Fyshwick
Went to several different white goods stores and purchased all household white goods from Bing Lee Fyshwick because Sid M was very helpful, genuine and knowledgeable. Very positive shopping experience and will definitely be back!

Store LocationFyshwick ACT
Warranty Claim MadeNo

Helpful clerk in store, awesome delivery service

We visited the Bing Lee at Rhodes Waterside to buy a washing machine with specific depth constraints. The clerk at the store was very helpful and the transaction went smoothly.
Being currently in the middle of a move to a new property and dealing with a lot of delivery services, I must say that Bing Lee's delivery service is the best I have experienced by far. Next day delivery, morning text message to provide a time window, arrival on schedule, and careful delivery and installation of the washing machine, without a single scratch or mark to my timber floor! Great job guys!

Store LocationRhodes Waterside
Product PurchasedFisher & Paykel 7.5kg Front Load Washer

Worst after sales experience

Purchased a TV that failed and the manufacturer did not have spare parts to repair it. Bing Lee didn't give a toss and ignored their obligations under the ACL and basically fobbed me off to the manufacturer. Thanks a lot /s

Store LocationLiverpool
Warranty Claim MadeYes

Bing Lee Hornsby top after-sales service

Bought an Electrolux Ergorapido stick vacuum from Bing Lee Hornsby 13 months previous (Jan 2018)- so it was a month out of warranty. The battery stopped charging. Electrolux couldn't help. Directed me to authorised repairers. I called Bing Lee instead. After checking I'd already contacted Electrolux, asked me to bring it in. Within two days, they called to say they would be replacing it with a new one. That's top after sales service to me. Very happy.

Store LocationBing Lee Hornsby

smart tv review

best big smart tv. salesman even came over to my house to fine tune it..he was a perfect salesman and the tv is perfect the best tv purchase i have made . it is still in good working condition after 8 years of usage. I highly recommend Samsung

Good at Alexandria bad at Haymarket

Bought panasonic steam microwave at alexandria last week was happy with the service, bought panasonic rice cooker today and very disappointed with the George St Haymarket branch, as a disabled person there was no help to load the rice cooker and the 10 kg rice, they lend me a huge trolley but need to deposit $100. I asked for receipt but didn't give me, like trust them but they don't trust me that I will return it, will not come back there to see 2 chinese who treated like that, I am an asian too and very senior with disability.

Store LocationHAYMARKET

Marketing idiots in Bing Lee

Got a air conditioning, and since they don't install it they have a list of license air conditioner but 90% them are out of Sydney area waste my time, stupid.So need to find someone nearby however no one install Fujitsu, why do Bing Lee sell a air condition that no one knows how to install around the area.

Store LocationRandwick
Warranty Claim MadeNo

Superb customer service and lovely staff

Straight away they assisted me, helpful and friendly staff. I asked about the laptop then the staff researched for me about the stocks availability.
Click and collect is a reliable service:)