6BMW X3 F25

Interior Design
Boot Size
Comfort
Features
See the Best Midsize / Medium SUVs in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

BMW X3 › F2532 reviews
Handling
Amit Batra
Amit BatraVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC4 posts

awesome-feel drive

I own this car just over a year and I am in love with it--I use it mostly over the weekends as a family car--Love driving it--though it is SUV but feels like a sedan-I am simply in love with car and highly recommend everyone--Love the panoramic sunroof--SUV but compact !!

Muzz
MuzzMelbourne7 posts
  X3 F25 xDrive30d

BMW X3 30d an unassuming rocket!

I have now owned my BMW X3 30d for 6 months

Performance is 5 star, absolutely fantastic, super quick for a diesel.

The fuel efficiency is excellent when driven sedately.

Finish and ergonomics are perfect

Road noise is present but I believe my tyres may be the culprit.

I have given the BMW X3 4 stars, it deserves 5 stars but price is the only negative.

I forgot to mention the fun factor when pulling away from the lights leaving many fancy pants vehicles in your rear view mirror!!

terrywangNSWSydney, NSW18 posts
Anwar Hassa
Anwar Hassa2 posts

Very satisfied

Great car. Drives very well with good control. Loads of features and Diesel engine gives great mileage. I tried Merc GLC but I found it a bit delicate ( not my type). The sporty version looks a bit sturdy. I am happy with this car. I might go for a bigger engine next time.

RBMW
RBMW

Terrible Quality Seat Covers

We purchased a new BPW X3 in July 2012. We wanted to buy leather seats but we were advised by sales staff that manmade leather the default was equally good and hard wearing. Seat cover started cracking in June 2015 (just before warranty expired). Seat cover was replaced by BMW under warranty.

Now in 2018 February Seat cover again has same problems. The standard seat covers supplied with a premier car does not even last three years. It is shocking to see such poor quality material being used by a leading luxury brand car in Australia.

Rab
RabAdelaide5 posts

Best car ever

Best car we ever brought. Very comfortable and has enough leg room. One of the best features it allows is the pre conditioning where you turn the ventilation of your car on via your mobile before you get to the car, making he temperature inside the car to better suit you. very friendly staff at Adelaide BMW.

C L
C LSydney7 posts

Great operational single driver

Performance of BMW is unquestionable. IT IS THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE!

handling is probably the best in its class. very good in maneuvering. just a noise reduction is not as good as the merc.

been using this X3 since July 2013. I would say it does everything quite good.

the only downfall is BMW didnt provide comfort shock or what they call adaptive something which makes the car runs comfortable for bumps.

other than that, amazing 4WD compact car!

Cass
CassMelbourne
J R
J RMelbourne
  X3 F25 xDrive20i

A Great Team at Hawthorn BMW

I love my X3, and a big THANK YOU to Chris, Matthew and Christo at Hawthorn BMW for providing excellent service when purchasing my X3. The BMW seats are so comfortable, and I am thrilled with the panoramic sunroof. The bootspace is perfect for my needs. I was able to purchase 10 year fixed price servicing pack, which is a real bonus, given I tend to keep my vehicles for a long time.

NotAHappyCustomer
NotAHappyCustomerSouth Australia15 posts

Incredibly good car

We've had this for 15 months now, replacing our previous X5 and complementing our 320d. It is an ideal size, although rear luggage space isn't as good as the X5.

Driving dynamics are excellent, and being able to switch between Comfort and Sport is ideal when you have two drivers who have very different driving expectations.

The 2.0d engine is very fuel-efficient and refined, although I still prefer the rougher yet slightly gutsier (yet older) 2.0d in my 3-series. The 2.0 turbo petrol (28i) would also be worth a look - this is a cracker of an engine in the 3-series.

My partner liked our X5 but dislikes my 3-series, being an M-Sport version. Although the X3 is an M-Sport, we both find it an excellent compromise.

Symbol57
Symbol57NSWSydney, NSW9 posts
  Verified X3 F25 xDrive30d
Ramu
Ramu
  Verified X3 F25 xDrive20i

Sporty & responsive

Performance: The drive modes are accurate, quick change of modes, very responsive in Sport mode

Likes: Lots of driver assist and safety features, cruise control is smooth, seat memory is useful.

Dislike: GPS lacks speed warning, No dash cam, possible suspension calibration issues as you feel road contour

Costs: 10.7 l for 100 Kms, not bad, not great.

Sandy
Sandy · X3 F25 (2011-2017)

Hi I want to purchase bmw but what x1 or x3. Also which engine to pick as petrol ones are cheaper but economy is not great. How do cost to do Service

Katherine
Katherine · X3 F25 (2011-2017)

How do you take the brakefilter from a bmwx3 30d?

terrywang

What is a break filter? Brake system includes brake pad, rotor, wear indicator and brake fluid, etc.

NorwestErgo
NorwestErgo · X3 F25 (2011-2017)

Hi, anyone else had a problem with the carpet wearing adjacent to the left heel/foot rest, driver's side. My car is only a year old X3 Sports. I am female and wear flat shoes or soft wedged heels for driving.

Rich
Rich
Tim Johns
Tim Johns

I had exactly the same wear at the same location, which is replaced later under warranty. The wear has occurred less than a year after I bought the car brand new. I did not drive the car hard either, nor wearing shoes with spiky sole.

NorwestErgo

Thanks Tim. I notice you are based in Sydney - any chance you used BMW Sydney at Alexandria. They are saying they have never seen this fault before and it is not a warranty issue. very interested that you had it replaced under warranty.

See all BMW X3 F25 (2011-2017) questions

Compare all BMW X3 listings
CategoryMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVs
Starting Price $72,900$66,900$99,900
TransmissionAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomatic
Drive TypeFour Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)
Fuel TypePetrolDieselPetrolPetrol