MPN: WTW87566AU

Clothes Dryers Buying Guide

A reliable tumble dryer can give you clean, dry clothes - and fast. Whether you decide on a heat pump, condenser or vented dryer, a washer dryer combo, or no dryer at all, this guide can help.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

2.6

Total rubbish buyer beware of bosch dryers

Purchased in July 2019 for $1,783.00.

Cmean3870
Cmean3870Hunter Region, NSW

Terrible - nothing gets dry and takes hours

I had a condenser dryer that died so spent the extra $$$ on a heat pump thinking that the energy efficiency would be higher and the dryer expectations the same. I want to know how do I get this dryer to dry sheets and towels or clothes in one go. Absolutely awful and a waste of dryer time. 4 hrs to dry one load of normal clothing! Have to go mix then to warm times to get clothes dried. Absolute rubbish and I trust Bosch as I have a dishwasher that was good. I can’t get sheets dry at all and don’t talk about towels. What happened to nice warm towels out of the dryer. What can I do?

Purchased in June 2020 at The Good Guys for $1,600.00.

REEWEBBER
REEWEBBERMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Absolute garbage!! Bought both dryer and washing machine and both are terrible.

Purchased both the series 8 washer and dryer, washing machine has been problematic from the start but now dryer has stopped spinning.Help from bosch was pointless regarding the washing machine. Was told unfortunately we have no service personal for your area. Complete waste of money. Doubt the response will be any better for the dryer.

Purchased in January 2020.

Heat Pump Clothes Dryers

Find out how Bosch Serie 8 WTW87566AU compares to other Heat Pump Clothes Dryers

stl
stlSouthwest, VIC

Glad I bought it

Purchased in March 2021 at The Good Guys for $1,700.00.

Amy D
Amy DIllawarra, NSW

Does not work

Our dryer is faulty, it does not dry clothes. No water is being removed in the cycles. I would presume the machine has a hidden fault, as dryers should dry clothes and remove water. We are in a very slow assessment process with a third party for repair. Really frustrating. We have already wasted a lot of money on electricity that has not dried clothes, so I would not recommend others buy it and go through this, having a high chance of faulty product. Taking months to resolve.

Purchased in December 2020.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Fuzz44
Fuzz44Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Waste of money - doesn't dry anything

Broken hearted. We renovated our laundry and bought the matching washer (Good Guys). Looks amazing side by side, can't fault the washer. From first use of the drier I can't get it to dry anything!! My old model in the garage was due to be sold. I'm thinking of using that one instead. It dries clothes and cost me a quarter of this one! I've tried different loads and settings and it hasn't successfully dried a load yet. Everything is quite damp. I re-set it, it runs for only a few minutes and stops. The excitement over a new laundry lost shine. Maybe its broken? Urgh.....so disappointed.

Purchased in November 2020 at The Good Guys.

Kelly
KellySydney, NSW

Definitely not worth the money!

This dryer does not dry clothes. We recently had it serviced to find that the sensor was faulty. Bosch kindly replaced it, but unfortunately it’s no better. Don’t even attempt to try sheets or towels - it takes hours and they come out damp. For $1500 one would certainly expect a product that actually works.

Purchased in October 2017 at Appliances Online for $1,500.00.

Stacey
StaceyHunter Region, NSW

Trying to dry sheets for over 8 hours

Picked up this dryer from Bing Lee only a week ago and used for the first time today. Washed a set of sheets in the matching Bosch washing machine spinning at 1400rpm so sheets were damp that they should have been dry in max 2 hours.
Put sheets into the dryer and they've been in there for almost 12 hours and they're still damp. I've tried 4 different settings and pressing different buttons to no avail. Considering calling Bing Lee to get a refund and choosing a different brand! Absolutely appalling they're charging $1700 for a dryer that needs the better part of the day to dry a set of sheets

Purchased in September 2020 at Bing Lee Physical store for $1,700.00.

Lachy441
Lachy441AU

A perfect replacement for old vented dryer

Generally have a 6kg load on the cotton plus setting. For thicker items sometimes have to adjust with fine adjust however power consumption is 1/3 of vented dryer. Big savings

Purchased in August 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,715.00.

Alex
AlexSouth East Queensland, QLD

What a waste of money

Got the dryer in March and have hated it from the first time I tried to dry bedding. The drum only turns one way, resulting in a big WET ball of sheets or quilt covers. The dryer thinks it's dry and turns off. If you restart it, it only last for 4-5min and thinks it's dry again. The only way to dry sheets or quilt cover is to untangle the ball every 10min. This dryer is absolutely rubbish and anyone that buys it is a fool, just like I was to buy it.

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,799.00.

Joe
JoeSydney, NSW

BOSH heat pump dryer

I bought the machine via harvey norman on 15/7 . A try to dry my clothes in several cycles and doesn't dry completely. I would like to return because is not efficient for me . Is a waist or time and money . I need something efficient that dry my clothes in a short of period of time . Very disapointed with product.

Purchased in July 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,600.00.

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi Joe, Thank you for your review. If you could please call us to discuss this matter further on 1300 369 744 Monday - Friday 7am - 12am AEST. Kind regards Bosch Home Australia.

bushmagpie
bushmagpieAU

Isn't modern technology great.

Purchased in June 2020 at The Good Guys for $1,700.00.

Radhika N.
Radhika N.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Can't imagine winters without it.

We purchased our dryer from Harvey Norman last year and must say it was a worthwhile purchase. We love the multiple functions, easy to follow manual and above all its efficient drying. It's 9 kilos capacity is perfect for our household of 5. It's silent and efficient. We never owned a dryer prior to this. Happy that we have it now.

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,820.00.

Erica
EricaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Well worth the extra money

After much research I decided to buy a heat pump dryer to stop all the condensation and mess caused by a regular vented dryer.
Although very pricey which was my only reservation, I am so happy with this dryer!
It is clean and tidy and can be run with all the doors closed and does not pump dirty, moist air onto the wall.
The water collects in a cartridge which I pull the out each load and empty onto my potted plants. You can also easily plumb this in so it drains away immediately and it comes with all the required attachments, however I wanted to collect the water manually.
It's very quiet and the average cycle is 1 hour so very efficient for our family of 4.
I would struggle to go back to a vented dryer after using the heat pump dryer.

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,650.00.

Adqm
AdqmCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Not much to say, it dries clothes!

This is a great drier! Best I've ever owned, it has many modes and my shirts never lose any features such as size after going in. I cannot recommend this enough, a must have machine!

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for $500.00.

See all Bosch Serie 8 Heat Pump Tumble Dryers reviews