Boutique Homes
4.6 from 1,346 reviews

Great

The process of building a new home with Boutique Homes has been great so far. Brett was very helpful as our new homes consultant and helped us understand the process. Everyone we’ve dealt with has been knowledgeable and helpful in answering any questions we’ve had. We’re yet to get to the build stage yet, but so far it’s all gone quite smoothly. Review job number J:98370

Boutique Is Top Notch

Boutique offer so many standard inclusions that most builders we have seen would charge through the roof for. This has been a major influence on why we chose Boutique to build our very first home, but what we are also impressed with is their level of customer service that they have provided so far.

First time building

At our first meeting with Stuart in Point Cook, we were only toying with an idea of creating a living space to accommodate our family and an aging widowed parent. We were in no rush and had no land but Stuart gave us all the time and patience we needed. He gave us a "can do" attitude from day one and strived to provide us with as much value in the biggest ideas we had. We toggled ideas and flipped plans before coming up with the perfect solution to provide a "Guest Wing" for my father-in-law so that he had his own space and independence and we a good amount of space for our family, guests and friends. The cost was much higher than we expected but that did not deter Stuart as he helped get us down to a much more pallitable figure. So far our journey has been really good. We now have the land, the house plan and in Pre-Construction. We are looking forward to a smooth build and really hope it goes as well as it has so far.

Build StagePre-Construction
The Guys, We are so appreciative of your kind review and words towards Stuart. We are so pleased to hear that Stuart listened to all of your ideas and needs and was able to come up with the perfect home for you and your family. We are always here for you should you need anything so please do not hesitate to reach out. Kind regards, Boutique Homes

Boutique Homes is an excellent choice!

I am still in the pre-construction phase, contract signed and electrical done. I have had nothing but positive experiences so far. Troy (my new homes consultant) was fantastic, he was focused on what I needed and wanted, and understood that I had a budget to work within. He explained Boutique's up front pricing, the premium quality standard inclusions and the added benefit of being able to access Resolve Finance made this deal a no brainer for me.
I am extremely happy with my pre-start consultant Tess, my electrical consultant Jessica and my mortgage broker Felicity. At every step of the way, they have displayed their skills and knowledge - making me feel at ease. They have all continually gone above and beyond, which is making my dream home a reality!
Thank you to all of my consultants for making the Pre-Start so enjoyable.
I would highly recommend Boutique Homes to everyone, especially first home buyers - It has been really easy, informed and fun.

Build StagePre-Construction
Seville 25, Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed and wonderful review. We are pleased to hear that you have such found value in our Standard Inclusions and Resolve Finances services. We look forward to continuing to guide you through the process and are always here for you should you need anything. Kind regards, Boutique Homes

Totally impressed!

We are still in the pre-construction phase but we’ve had nothing but positive experiences so far. think we’ve been blessed with great people and I’m so appreciative to Tania Hogan and Brett Cross for their outstanding services. They’ve both continually gone above and beyond for us, which is making our dream a reality. So happy!

Build StagePre-Construction
Danielle, Thank you for reviewing us - we appreciate your kind words about Tania and Brett's customer service. We are always here for you as you embark on the next step of your build. Feel free to get in touch with us if you require anything. Kind regards, Boutique Homes

Outstanding Service

We are in Pre-Construction, contract signed, colours and electrical done.
Initially, we had signed a PWC with another builder. It was by chance that we dropped in to a Boutique display, and loved the quality of the build. I got talking to new Home Consultant Zac Monaghan.
Zac spent a lot of time with us. Unlike the other builder, he was focused on what we needed/wanted, and understood that we had a budget to work within. He explained Boutique's up front pricing, the better quality standard inclusions and the added benefit of being able to access Resolve Finance made this deal a no brainer for us. We walked away from the other volume builder and signed up with Boutique.

If I didn't chat with Zac that day, we would have made a mistake and gone with another volume builder.

We are extremely happy with with Zac, our Pre-start consultant Tess, Colour Consultant Sarah, Electrical consultant Nadija and John Resolve (who has probably had more questions from me than anyone!). At every step of the way, each consultant has really displayed their skills and knowledge - Making us feel at ease. We were very apprehensive about this, being our first build, however, our consultants have answered all of our questions, and helped us understand everything at every stage of the process.

The main thing I want to stress is, at all times, we knew exactly what our costs were. We had a budget, and Boutique have worked with us to ensure we stayed on track. No tender process - No surprises.
All variations are worked out at the appointment and in your hands by the end of the session.

Thanks to all of our consultants for making our Pre-Start so enjoyable.
Looking forward to the Build! We are very proud to be the first Boutique build in Traralgon, Eastern Regional Victoria.

Build StagePre-Construction
Geoff and Kylie, We are delighted to hear how happy you are with your experience with us so far. Thank you so much for leaving a detailed review and for your kind words towards our team. We are excited to now be building in Traralgon and to see your beautiful home come to life. All our best as you prepare for the next stage of your journey and please do not hesitate to reach out if you need anything. Kind regards, Boutique Homes

Great for first home buyers!

We are still in the pre-construction phase with Boutique but the whole process has been really enjoyable and easy. Being first homebuyers we initially found the idea of building really daunting and, to be honest, also thought Boutique would be out of our league. We were actually looking at other builders but then met Brett Morrissy at the Barcelona display home in Fyansford and the rest is history.

Brett was quick to understand exactly the type of family home we were looking for. He made really smart, practical suggestions to the Barcelona floor plan and this is what we ended up going with.

Brett was always available for us, nothing was too much trouble. He just took the stress out of the whole process and made it really enjoyable. We were unsure about our finances so he got us onto Michael at Resolve Financing, and between the two of them, we felt 100% confident and excited to go ahead.

On Brett’s advice, we also had Resolve Conveyancing look over our land contract and are certainly happy we did. They found an unusual clause in our contract that could have cost us a lot of money. Todd at Resolve Conveyancing quickly had this clause removed, within 24 hrs, before we put our deposit down on the land.

We would highly recommend anyone, especially first home buyers, to enquire with Boutique. It’s been really easy, and fun, and mostly we are feeling really confident going into the building stage with them.

Build StagePre-Construction
Lans, Congratulations on building your first home! We loved reading your review and are so grateful for your kind words. We love hearing such positive stories of helping clients find the ‘The One’ and Brett's expertise and care has shown this. We wish you all the best as you embark onto the next exciting stage of your journey and are always here should you need anything. Kind regards, Boutique Homes

A bit disappointed

Very happy with build from start to finish but have recently had our evap serviced which the technician noticed a roof tile hadn’t been fitted properly above the garage which has leaked into the garage ceiling causing damage to the plaster. I was told by Boutique that a roof inspection was done ( but obviously didn’t spot the loose tile as it was just pushed underneath with no clips) and we can only claim through our household insurance now. Just a bit disappointed with the aftercare and in hindsight should’ve checked the roof ourselves.
Sorry Boutique but will now be looking at other builders for our next home.

Build StagePost-Construction
Hi Clive, Thanks for sending us your job number. Further to your recent communication with the Warranties team, they have advised that unfortunately cracked roof tiles are not covered under warranty and that a full roof service was carried out prior to handover to check all tiles which came back as satisfactory. They have also advised that they can arrange an install inspection of your roofing components if you would like to get in touch with them directly to discuss. If you have any other concerns we also encourage you to contact the Warranties team directly. Kind regards, Boutique HomesAs I stated in my private message. It is not a cracked tile but a tile missing it’s clips meaning it was faulty when installed.

home_inthe_heights

We have recently signed our PWC with Boutique homes to build our Airlie 33. After doing plenty of research we decided the Airlie was right for us and just needed an experienced, genuine sales person to guide us through the process. We found that person, Brett Morrissey when we first walked into the Fyansford display. Brett took the time to meet with us on several occasions, suggest ideas, give feedback on ours and guide us through our initial stages. Brett's experience was invaluable for us at this stage. Both Brett & Cass have been extremely supportive and diligent throughout the process, and we know they are only just down the road should we need anything in the future. - J:95825

Build StagePre-Construction
Shane C, Thank you for your wonderful review and feedback towards Brett and Cass. We are so pleased to hear that you have found 'The One' and that Brett has guided you through the process. We wish you all the best as you prepare for the next exciting stage of your journey and are always here for you should you need anything. Kind regards, Boutique Homes

Seamless and professional

New home sales consultant was professional, accountable and helpful. Cody was reasonable and we got our dream home for a great price. Would highly recommend this company for first home buyers like myself and for a tailored experience. Thank you for making this a fun and exciting process building my first home!

Build StagePre-Construction
Basil, Congratulations on building your first home and thank you for your kind review. We are so happy to hear that you have found the experience so far enjoyable and exciting. We are always here for you should you need anything so please do not hesitate to reach out. Kind regards, Boutique Homes

Best customer service ever.

We visited their display houses in Cloverton, and one of the consultants Bill went above and beyond . He spent hours to help us find the right plan and very flexibly spent time outside of their business hours to show us the show room and completed houses in the area. All the prices, including site cost is upfront which is a bonus.

Build StagePre-Construction
Nick h, We loved reading your review and are so grateful for your kind words. We certainly aim for professional service and by the sounds of it, Bill has delivered just that! Always feel free to contact us should you have any questions. Kind regards, Boutique Homes

Above and beyond

I had a fantastic experience with Boutique in the pre-construction phase. I challenged my new building rep Stuart on a number of inclusions prior to signing a contract, and he was very helpful and transparent in demonstrating where Boutique Homes continually offers superior quality to other builders. I made him work for the deal, and it was worth it to get that level of comfort around what I will be building. Thanks Stu. I look forward to seeing construction commence in early 2020!

Construction End DateNovember 2020
Gemma, Thank you for your review and kind words. We are so happy to hear that Stuart has made you feel comfortable and provided great service. We wish you all the best as you prepare for construction and are always here for you should you need anything. Kind regards, boutique Homes

Knockdown Re-Build Success

We are still in the pre-build stage but have been really impressed so far with the customer service provided by our new home consultant Brett Morrissey and his team at Fyansford Geelong. He was very generous of his time and did alot of work for us to ensure we were happy with the final design and costings. We were happy with all of the high quality standard inclusions and are looking forward to the next stage of our build.

Build StagePre-Construction

Terrible Customer Service - Avoid if possible!

We signed up with Boutique over a year ago with an untitled block in Drouin, to build their Grange home. Sales were incredibly friendly, as they are, and made us feel very welcome. The second we were accepted into their office, we were pushed to sign Contracts asap and even though the contract plans were incorrect, we were promised they would be rectified within 2 weeks. We paid the 5% Deposit which was upwards of $28k that same day, as requested. After numerous requests, we did not obtain the amended Contract Drawings until 3 months after the fact, and they were still incorrect. My partner is a draftsperson, and had to rectify their plans 3 times and re-send it to their drafting team (and we had to visit them in person as well to explain the drawings!) before they managed to work out their mistakes and issue us with the correct drawings, which took another couple of months. Within this time, we did want to cancel because of the lack of customer service we were receiving from the office however the sales consultant sweet talked us and brought us back on board.
Just by chance, we found a bigger block in Officer which suited us a lot better, so we bought it. At this stage, we still wanted to build with Boutique; it would have just needed to be a Marseille as the land was much more expensive so financially, we needed to downsize. Upon advising Boutique, they were not very happy and said that we would need to pay a full cancellation fee of $7753 (which is the cost of works so far, plus 30%) and then we would re-sign up with them for the Marseille. The sales consultant that told us this said we were lucky because it was actually down from $18,000 (illegal), however she would never say that in writing.
We obviously didn't think that that was very good customer service, penalising clients for finding something better suited to their lifestyle, especially seeing as though we wanted to stay with them. All because it didn't suit them, as a company. I work for a Builder, and no way known would we ever treat our clients like this. Should a client ever want to change homes, we would only charge them a new soil and survey ($1500) and re-sign them up to the new home. No issues.
We then spoke to the Sales Manager who authorised the refund of $7753 and she also mentioned to us that should we cancel, they are legally allowed to take 30% of the build contract (incorrect) which was $175,000 however they "really don't want to go down that path". We asked her to send this to us in writing however she refused (as I'm sure she knew that that is illegal?).
Anyway, $28k minus the $7753 that they were keeping equalled around a $21k refund that we were meant to obtain. Well, we just received $18k which we were then told (when we asked) that the $7753 was in ADDITION to the non-refundable $2500 initial sales deposit. Again, I work for a builder and I know all too well how illegal this is, and I am well aware of my rights. Also, nowhere in any email correspondence did Boutique ever state that the $7753 was in addition to the $2500. We also confirmed in writing that we were to receive the full $21 odd k, and at no point was this ever disagreed upon. I have since emailed and left a message for the Sales Manager, who authorised the refund to begin with, and now nobody is responding to refund the remaining $2500.
I have let them know that HIA themselves have advised me that what they have done is not legal, and they still have not responded.
We will now go down the legal path, as I have also let Boutique know, but again, no response.
I have come to the conclusion that Boutique work on scare tactics so all future clients considering Boutique need to know where they stand legally, and that they should never be bullied into staying with a Builder if it doesn't suit them.

Build StagePre-Construction
Hi Andy, Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear about the experience you have had with Boutique and that you are no longer deciding to build with us. We will continue to work with you on any outstanding matters and wish you all the best with your home buying journey. Kind regards, Boutique HomesHello We actually did want to continue with Boutique however when we heard we would need to pay a full cancellation fee and re-sign up with you, we thought that was ridiculous and decided to cancel on the spot. It was a no-brainer for us, as well as yourselves. Holding our money, then making up what to charge numerous times is not how to treat a customer. We still haven't heard anything from Boutique regarding our missing $2500 so we had no choice but to lodge a complaint with the DBDRV. It'd be so lovely if you could pass this information on to the GM so that we could get our money back and move on with our lives. Many thanks.

Smooth Process for our Knock Down Rebuild

We built the Riviera 29 with Southampton facade and extended the width of the garage.
Our New Homes Consultant, David was highly knowledgeable and provided great advice. We organised our own demolition and asbestos removal but did hit some problems with the contractors who performed the site cut. During our pre-construction stage some of the information was a little confusing/unclear and it would have been helpful to have discussed some aspects directly with the technical experts. Our colour consultant, Nicole was fantastic but I did make some changes post appoint and I'm so happy that I did. Once we hit construction, our first Client Liaison was brilliant but unfortunately left the company a few weeks in. Our next client liaison was clearly overloaded with work at the beginning - on one occasion I received an email from her at 10pm on a Friday night - I told her to go home! Melissa was friendly and helpful, and even made an extra trip to drop off our new home welcome pack as we didn't receive one at handover. Lastly,our Site Supervisor Dwain was fantastic! We were really happy to have him over seeing our build and he was highly knowledgeable and professional. Our house looks amazing! We did feel some pressure to complete handover before all our defects were fixed but we were nervous to do so and delayed the handover until we were comfortable. Overall we were really happy with how smooth and fast our knockdown rebuild progressed. We used New Home Inspections to conduct private inspections throughout the build and were really happy with how everything raised was rectified and to not have any major defects identified. We love our new house at our old address - it already feels like home but so much more lovely and functional than the old weatherboard that was there before!

Plumbing & Waterproofing
Electrical & Lighting
Flooring
Build StagePost-Construction
Construction End DateJuly 2019
Maria D, We are delighted to hear how happy you are with your experience with us and that you are loving your new home at your old address! Thank you so much for leaving a detailed review and for your kind words and advise. We wish you many happy memories in your home for years to come and are always here for you should you need anything in the future. Kind regards, Boutique Homes

We Created the House of Our Dreams

We are now currently in Construction stage and it as been nothing short of amazing! From the moment we step foot into the display home Pierre the sales rep for Boutique provided us an amazing experience. Very knowledgeable, approachable and helped us through every step and answered any questions we could think of. He went above and beyond to make sure that we got the house of our dreams.

Our Pre-Start consultant Tess again like Pierre was very knowledgable and approachable when signing the HIA contract and answered any question we threw her way.

Walked into our colour appointment with a rough idea what we like but not certain if they matched. Colours Consultant Danae ran through every inch of the house and discussed in length the options available to choose from. Very happy with the outcome of what he have chosen from that session.

Boutique Homes has been a delight from the beginning and i would recommend this builder to anyone. They have made our first home stress free.

Build StageMid-Construction
Nathan L, Congratulations on building your first home! We loved reading your review and are so pleased to hear how happy you are with the experience and creating your dream home. All our best as you prepare for handover and please do not hesitate to reach out if there is anything you require. Kind regards, Boutique Homes

from display homes to slab - Lucky to have been gifted the "Boutique A Team".

It was between Boutique and another prestige builder. Boutique tried so hard to get my business and never pressured me into paying the non refundable deposit however the other builder did not want to answer any of my queries until I put down the non refundable deposit of $5000. Once I told the other building I was going to sign up with Boutique as they have tried the other builder then gave me some plans to look at.

Bill from Kalkallo was/is amazing, the amount of hours he put into my house is appreciated. I definitely moved forward with Boutique because of Bill and his efforts.

Pre Start Consultant Charlotte was/is also amazing. HIA contract was only forwarded to us a couple days before signing appointment so she extended the cooling off period from 5 days to 10 days without us having to ask for it.

Colours Consultant Mary was like a punch in the face and was so thankful to have Charlotte listen to me and appoint new Consultant Sarah who was/is as amazing as Bill and Charlotte. She listened to what I wanted and no request was hard.

Bill, Charlotte and Sarah are just amazing and put customer service at another level. All three were very patient with me and response time was pretty much within 24 hours max, depending on the query. If Bill, Charlotte and Sarah were to take care of my whole build and oversee everything, I would have that much confidence in them that I would not need contact until it was time to handover keys.

So far I am 100% satisfied, hope this continues.

Build StagePre-Construction
Rachana, We are delighted to hear how happy you are with your experience with us so far. Thank you so much for leaving a detailed review and for your kind words. We look forward to continuing this level of service through the remainder of your build and are always here for you should you have any questions or need anything. Kind regards, Boutique Homes

Great Experience, best service you can get.

We are in the pre-construction stage, but Stewart is a top notch rep for Boutique and has provided an amazing experience. Very knowledgeable, approachable and helped us through every step and answered any questions we had.

Construction End DateSeptember 2020
Nicholas Marriner, Thank you for your review and kind words towards Stuart. We aim for excellent customer service and by the sounds of it, Stuart has delivered just that! We wish you all the best as you prepare for the next exciting stage of your journey and are always here for you should you have any questions. Kind regards, Boutique Homes

Excellent customer service!

We are still in the pre-construction stage however Gerri and Zac from Boutique Homes were fantastic and helped us immensely when we had to narrow down builders. They spent their time talking to us and finding out what worked for our budget and our vision for building our dream home. We couldn't be more happy that we chose Boutique Homes! Thank you!

Build StagePre-Construction
Bourneart H, Thank you for your wonderful review and your kind word towards Gerri and Zac. We are so pleased to hear that they have worked with you and listened to your needs and budget to help find your dream home. We are always here for you should you need anything. Kind regards, Boutique Homes

Great start, very impressed.

We are still in the pre-start stages of our Boutique journey however, the service so far has been wonderful. They know what they are doing, are very helpful and responsive to emails. From Ben in sales, to Valentina in contracts to Elle is colours, everyone has been amazing so far! Keep it up guys, I can't wait to see our finished home!

Build StagePre-Construction
Erin.fc, We are delighted to hear how happy you are with your experience with us so far. Thank you so much for leaving such a wonderful review and for your kind words towards Ben, Valentina and Elle. We are always here for you as you embark on the next step of your build. Feel free to get in touch with us if you require anything. Kind regards, Boutique Homes