TaTa

TaTaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible

Had this mixer for around one month. Ceased up and power declined. Quite dissatisfied with the product, however really happy with the service at the Good Guys when I decided to upgrade to a KitchenAid Artisan.

Purchased in December 2017 for $400.00.

Kayzee

KayzeeBendigo

So far so good

Replace our 30 year old Sunbeam Mixmaster with this whizz bang mixer. Have made a variety of cakes, biscuits and bread. My husband loves the dough hook - at long last he can make bread which is mixed really well. Am getting used to only one attachment whizzing around as opposed to our old double beaters. The mixer weighs a ton - have to leave out on the bench instead of in the appliance cupboard as too big and heavy to lift in and out - having said that it is certainly not flimsy! Love the fact it has a glass bowl as many new mixers have stainless steel. The scraper mixer is great - works really well so far. I like the bowl cover which helps prevent flour foofing out all over the bench!

Purchased in May 2019.

Chez E.

Chez E.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A big fan of Breville products but sorely disappointed with this one.

Purchased in November 2018 for $420.00.

Gabbi

GabbiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love it!

Love my new bakery boss. Makes cakes like a boss for real! Great for all cakes dough etc. Has made my life easier in the kitchen! Love the scraper.. Great for icing. And the light too!

Purchased in December 2018 at Myer Retail Stores for $369.00.

Brisbane Consumer

Brisbane ConsumerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not great, returned and bought a Kitchenaid

Purchased in May 2018 at David Jones Retail Stores for $300.00.

David RSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely love it !

JaspaBrisbane

Total Fail - machine and Breville Service

Sam

SamAustralia

Disappointing product with equally disappointing customer service.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Dee T

Dee TPerth

Disappointed with the 'bonus' stainless steel bowl.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Bonnie

BonnieGrafton

Impressed then disappointed

Anne

AnneNorth Queensland, QLD

Makes mixing so much easier

I bought this mixer in July 2017 to replace my hand mixer. I was making marshmallow using the hand mixer which is very hard on my arms, wrists etc. The Breville has a powerful motor which has made making marshmallow, beating butter cream & making fabulous pavlovas so much easier. The scraper/beater makes mixing so much easier as I don't have to stop to scrape the sides. As I don't make any doughs I can't comment on the efficacy of this attachment. With 2 different sized mixing bowls all my needs are catered for. I love my Breville mixer.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Breadmaker

BreadmakerPort Melbourne

Unable to whisk egg whites

I tried to whisk 2 egg whites however the whisk attachment doesn't even touch the egg whites in metal bowl. I phoned Breville and was told that the eggs had to be 50 grams each. So I tried 4 egg whites. It does whisk the top of the egg whites but after a few minutes there is still liquid egg white at the bottom because the whisk attachment is well above the bottom of the bowl. I gave up and used my hand held beater. There should be discussion of this in the manual. I view this machine as not fit for purpose.

Perfect except.....

Impossible to whip 2 egg whites or whole eggs in metal bowl as contact barely/not made with whisk. Most everyday cakes require 2 eggs. I purchased the BB to replace handheld mixer and save my wrists. I will try beating 2 egg whites in the big, HEAVY glass bowl. Glass bowl is great for 12 egg white angelfood cakes, bread dough, etc.

joy671aldinga beach

brilliant ...but dont expest response from breville

brilliant machine. . glass bowl whips up 2 egg whites fast... bread dough is faultless..pasta dough.. faultless.. in fact everything beats up beautifully making all tasks a breeze. scraper beater works perfectly.
HOWEVER... the metal bowl is a waste. I wanted to use it so the glass bowl doesn't get chipped. supposed to be able to do small batches in the metal bowl. BUT the whisk doesn't even touch the 3 egg whites on the bottom nor does the dough hook even begin to mix 200g flour and a cup of water.
I have tried to call breville but was on hold till my phone went flat. I tried to email but no response.
I also found that you have to turn it on then off then on again to start it working.
SO HOW ABOUT CONTACTING ME BREVILLE

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Mr T.Breville
Mr T.Breville
Robyn

Robyn

Makes baking a breeze

This is a fantastic unit. It makes bread dough without a hitch; doesn't get stuck or miss ingredients at the bottom of the bowl.
The scraper attachment works wonderfully for batters; the whisk attachment is great for egg whites or whipping cream.
Since having a baby this has really helped for me to continue baking. It makes all the beating, scraping, whisking and kneading dough an absolute breeze.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Miffy

MiffySydney

Nice machine but the scraper not great for glass bowl which is not dishwasher safe

Anna1981

Anna1981Sydney, NSW

Amazing power

I bought this because i didn't had enough money to buy a Kitchen Aid. but after using it i realised its way better than a kitchen aid. it's not only cost less than a kitchen aid it works better than a kitchen aid. the scraper mixing bowl option will save you lot of time. because of this option, you don't have to worry about keep looking into the bowl and constant mixing. i dont have enough words to say how amazing this mixer is.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Sleepless in Brisbane

Sleepless in BrisbaneBrisbane

Mighty Muscle Power Of The Breville Bakery Boss.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Gemma.U

Gemma.U

2 faulty machines!

I ordered a bakery boss had it delivered and it seemed to be really noisy, took it into the shop and compared to the demo and mine definitely didn't sound right. Revived a new machine only to get it home to have the same thing happen. It's so noisy it sounds like it's going to die any minute.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

timmy

timmyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This should last a loooog time

Date PurchasedJul 2016
BrevilleBreville

Hi Timmy - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

stevee ritihia kahuangia

stevee ritihia kahuangiaasked

Just wanting to know how loud the mixer is compared to others? As my kids are afraid of how loud my mixer I have no is.. so needing something much quieter! Thanks

Diane

Dianeasked

Is there a small bowl and whisk compatible with the Ben 825bal to whisk cream and small amounts.
Diane

Jaspa

No. This machine's whisk does not reach the bottom of the bowl at all, so only larger amounts can be worked with. I couldn't whisk 4 egg whites for a pavlova. Breville's response - use a hand whisk.

Ozedough

Ozedoughasked

Whats the difference between BEM 823 and 825? Is it just two bowls versus one or are they different machines?

David R

They are exactly the same machine and you are correct that the only difference is the 2 bowls. I opted for the 825 to get the 2 bowls and can say I rarely use the glass bowl due to its size. The metal one is more convenient for my normal day to day baking. Haven’t had any of the issues with the metal bowl re disparity of distance between whisk and bottom of the bowl. Perfect mixer. You can easily purchase an additional bowl if needed from nearest breville factory outlet. They fit both machines.

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives