Breville The Bakery Boss BEM825

Stand Mixers Buying Guide

Whether you want to splash the cash on a premium KitchenAid mixer or find the best affordable stand mixer from Kmart, here are some buying considerations to throw into the mix.

Read now

3.6

• Safety

Nigel M.Gippsland, VIC

Not good for bread making

I got this because of the powerful motor but the head for bread making doesnt work well at all, the bread just sticks to the hook as it doesnt come close enough to the edge. with every bread dough amount I have to stand there with a spatula to keep it off the hook which defeats the purpose.

as a side note I really regret getting a stand mixer that cant have attachments for meat grinding etc

Purchased in January 2020.

Madeline F.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

BEM823BTR Perfect for home baking

I’ve had this for about a month and it’s great! I’ve made tea cake, vanilla sponge, cheesecake, and biscuits. Everything came out perfect and it’s very easy to clean. I can make 3 batches of cheesecake in the bowl at a time and is really easy to use. Feels like it’s made of metal instead of plastic which is a bonus and it’s very quiet, even on the whisking setting. It’s heavy though, so a sturdy and easy to reach place for storage would be best.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$297.00.

TaTa

TaTaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible

Had this mixer for around one month. Ceased up and power declined. Quite dissatisfied with the product, however really happy with the service at the Good Guys when I decided to upgrade to a KitchenAid Artisan.

Purchased in December 2017 for A$400.00.

Benchtop Food Mixers

Find out how Breville The Bakery Boss BEM825 compares to other Benchtop Food Mixers

KayzeeBendigo

So far so good

Replace our 30 year old Sunbeam Mixmaster with this whizz bang mixer. Have made a variety of cakes, biscuits and bread. My husband loves the dough hook - at long last he can make bread which is mixed really well. Am getting used to only one attachment whizzing around as opposed to our old double beaters. The mixer weighs a ton - have to leave out on the bench instead of in the appliance cupboard as too big and heavy to lift in and out - having said that it is certainly not flimsy! Love the fact it has a glass bowl as many new mixers have stainless steel. The scraper mixer is great - works really well so far. I like the bowl cover which helps prevent flour foofing out all over the bench!

Purchased in May 2019.

Chez E.

Chez E.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A big fan of Breville products but sorely disappointed with this one.

Purchased in November 2018 for A$420.00.

Gabbi

GabbiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love it!

Love my new bakery boss. Makes cakes like a boss for real! Great for all cakes dough etc. Has made my life easier in the kitchen! Love the scraper.. Great for icing. And the light too!

Purchased in December 2018 at Myer Retail Stores for A$369.00.

Brisbane Consumer

Brisbane ConsumerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not great, returned and bought a Kitchenaid

Purchased in May 2018 at David Jones Retail Stores for A$300.00.

David R

David RSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely love it !

Jaspa

JaspaBrisbane

Total Fail - machine and Breville Service

Sam

SamAustralia

Disappointing product with equally disappointing customer service.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Dee T

Dee TPerth

Disappointed with the 'bonus' stainless steel bowl.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Bonnie

BonnieGrafton

Impressed then disappointed

Anne

AnneNorth Queensland, QLD

Makes mixing so much easier

I bought this mixer in July 2017 to replace my hand mixer. I was making marshmallow using the hand mixer which is very hard on my arms, wrists etc. The Breville has a powerful motor which has made making marshmallow, beating butter cream & making fabulous pavlovas so much easier. The scraper/beater makes mixing so much easier as I don't have to stop to scrape the sides. As I don't make any doughs I can't comment on the efficacy of this attachment. With 2 different sized mixing bowls all my needs are catered for. I love my Breville mixer.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Breadmaker

BreadmakerPort Melbourne

Unable to whisk egg whites

I tried to whisk 2 egg whites however the whisk attachment doesn't even touch the egg whites in metal bowl. I phoned Breville and was told that the eggs had to be 50 grams each. So I tried 4 egg whites. It does whisk the top of the egg whites but after a few minutes there is still liquid egg white at the bottom because the whisk attachment is well above the bottom of the bowl. I gave up and used my hand held beater. There should be discussion of this in the manual. I view this machine as not fit for purpose.

Franki

FrankiPerth, WA

Perfect except.....

Impossible to whip 2 egg whites or whole eggs in metal bowl as contact barely/not made with whisk. Most everyday cakes require 2 eggs. I purchased the BB to replace handheld mixer and save my wrists. I will try beating 2 egg whites in the big, HEAVY glass bowl. Glass bowl is great for 12 egg white angelfood cakes, bread dough, etc.

joy671aldinga beach

brilliant ...but dont expest response from breville

brilliant machine. . glass bowl whips up 2 egg whites fast... bread dough is faultless..pasta dough.. faultless.. in fact everything beats up beautifully making all tasks a breeze. scraper beater works perfectly.
HOWEVER... the metal bowl is a waste. I wanted to use it so the glass bowl doesn't get chipped. supposed to be able to do small batches in the metal bowl. BUT the whisk doesn't even touch the 3 egg whites on the bottom nor does the dough hook even begin to mix 200g flour and a cup of water.
I have tried to call breville but was on hold till my phone went flat. I tried to email but no response.
I also found that you have to turn it on then off then on again to start it working.
SO HOW ABOUT CONTACTING ME BREVILLE

Mr T.Breville
Robyn

RobynSouth East Queensland, QLD

Makes baking a breeze

This is a fantastic unit. It makes bread dough without a hitch; doesn't get stuck or miss ingredients at the bottom of the bowl.
The scraper attachment works wonderfully for batters; the whisk attachment is great for egg whites or whipping cream.
Since having a baby this has really helped for me to continue baking. It makes all the beating, scraping, whisking and kneading dough an absolute breeze.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Miffy

MiffySydney

Nice machine but the scraper not great for glass bowl which is not dishwasher safe

Anna1981

Anna1981Sydney, NSW

Amazing power

I bought this because i didn't had enough money to buy a Kitchen Aid. but after using it i realised its way better than a kitchen aid. it's not only cost less than a kitchen aid it works better than a kitchen aid. the scraper mixing bowl option will save you lot of time. because of this option, you don't have to worry about keep looking into the bowl and constant mixing. i dont have enough words to say how amazing this mixer is.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Sleepless in Brisbane

Sleepless in BrisbaneBrisbane

Mighty Muscle Power Of The Breville Bakery Boss.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Koy R.

Koy R.asked

The Bakery Boss BEM825

hi there! i just ordered a BEM823. what if any, are the differences between the 823 and the 825. any performance or technical difference or advantages of the newer 823?

Madeline F.

I don't know. Your best bet would be to use Google to find that answer.

Nigel M.

Sorry I have only owned one and as I mentioned in my review its great for everything except bread making because the dough hook doesn't come close enough to the bowl edge even with larger amounts of dough. other wise its about average noise, very sturdy build and looks nice if that matters

Lan S

Lan Sasked

The Bakery Boss BEM825

Hi I was just wondering if anyones tilt release stopped working and if you found a way to fix it or is it just a take to a technician kind of thing? I finally just got one from a factory outlet after waiting months and taken it out of the box to discover the tilt release is not working!! Really don’t want to have to take it back and get a new one but have not found any info online so this was my last resort.

P.F.asked

The Bakery Boss BEM825

Can anyone tell me the weight of the glass bowl please? - I have a disability in which my hands are affected and I'm not able to head into a store to check it out. (Due to having a compromised immune system my drs are making me stay put in the house other than for medical/hospital appts, so I'm not likely to be able to get to a store any time soon to get a feel for it until the COVID-19 concerns ease up.) The glass bowl is my main hesitation so far in buying the newer model (BEM823) online right now as I've only used stainless steel bowls so far. And can you purchase a stainless steel bowl separately that works well with all the whisk, beater, etc attachments and what is the bowl's capacity and does it have a handle? I've read that with the BEM825 there were issues with tool attachments, etc not working well in the second stainless steel bowl. Many thanks!!

Kayzee

Hi PF - the glass bowl is very heavy and does take a bit of hand / wrist strength to lift. It does have a handle but I still think you may struggle - naturally it needs to be robust for beaters whizzing around in it so is made of thick glass. Wishing you all the best & hope you stay well in this uncertain climate - kind regards Kaye.

Madeline F.

The bowl will be more than 2kg. My kitchen scales only go to 2kg and it’s got the error on it to say that it’s too heavy for measure.

P.F.

Hi Kaye and Madeline. Thank you so much for your replies - very helpful info! Thanks Kaye for the well wishes. Wow, I hope your scale still works, Madeline. I guess I'm scrapping The Bakery Boss off my shortlist, which is a shame as I really liked it's overall features that would help with lessening the burden on some of the other aspects of my disability and chronic illnesses as well....if only the scraper pro twin hadn't been discontinued. I guess it's down to the Kenwood Chef Senser / Senser XL and KitchenAid Artisan. I'd prefer the Kenwood but I think the KitchenAid bowl will be easier to handle....Shall think on it for a few days. Thanks again, and I hope that you and your families are also able to remain well throughout this ongoing COVID uncertainty. Cheers, Priya :-)

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

Please note that this model of Breville's Bakery Boss has now been replaced by the Bakery Boss BEM823. You can click here to read about the BEM823.

Compare all 5 Breville The Bakery Boss BEM825