Breville The Oracle BES980BSS (Brushed Stainless Steel)

Breville The Oracle BES980BSS (Brushed Stainless Steel)

4.2

• Product is used
  • Consistency
  • Milk Frothing
Pace

PacePeel, WA

Love this machine!

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Ray06

Ray06Hunter Region, NSW

Your Cafe at home

The Oracle is your Cafe at home. Do some reading about the machine and customise your settings to suit your beans and you will be very happy with this machine. The integrated grinder is a bit noisy but who cares as the end result is sensational. The secret is to make sure you use freshly roasted beans. I struggle just to have two cups a day and can't wait to brew the next one. I have had my Oracle for a couple of years now and it works as good as the day I bought it. You can even schedule when it turns itself on of a morning so its heated and ready to go for when you want to use it.

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$1,830.00.

D B.

D B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A perfectly imperfect product

This machine is fantastic and was my first ‘real’ machine. It worked fabulously for two years but then things started going wrong. It was so expensive to repair and in the end was ‘retired’ at 4 years. Would I get another? Tempting but no. It’s expensive to fix and after the first 12 months you can expect things will go wrong. If breville want me back they would have to have a service product with it. Great coffee though when it worked!!!

Purchased in January 2017 for A$2,300.00.

Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Find out how Breville The Oracle BES980BSS (Brushed Stainless Steel) compares to other Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Paul

PaulPerth, WA

Like a Mercedes-Benz - great when it's working

Purchased in March 2015 at Myer for A$2,000.00.

Andrew4987AU

If you like spending money at every turn, then this is the machine for you!

Purchased in February 2016 for A$2,499.00.

Elidia

ElidiaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love our coffee machine!

We have had our machine for 3.5years
, it is used daily by many and consistently makes a fantastic cup of coffee, so much so I don’t like purchasing coffee when we are out!
I do prefer to manually foam milk with the machine as the automatic function does not have a great amount of froth. The machine also needed extensive repair just before it ran out of warranty as some internal parts were not working; however this was covered under warranty and it has been working perfectly since.
It’s expensive but well worth it for the great coffee it makes!

Purchased in June 2016 at Harvey Norman.

Vish

VishGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

5 years and still going strong

Highly recommended coffee machine, from the time I've got this - it's my daily driver for the morning coffee.
Consistent coffee every time. If you change the beans (start with Grind setting @30) and adjust accordingly based on the beans) to get a perfect extract.

Very easy to maintain and clean and low maintenance machine.
It takes around 2-3 min to start (warm-up)
Easy to fill water, a big water tank inbuilt and an indicator to show the level. Filter change every 3 months (you can buy a pack of 5 filters (around $25 if you shop around).
Easy to clean - just follow basic instructions on below youtube link.

Purchased in January 2015 for A$1,700.00.

Kerri Hector

Kerri HectorPerth, WA

Breville Oracle 980 BES

Emily in WA, came to give myself and husband a white glove demonstration of our coffee machine. Emily was amazing, friendly, kind and patient, she explained everything to us and more, it was well worth the experience and purchase, we cannot sing Emilys praise enough as she showed us how to make quality coffee, in the comfort of our own home. Thank you Breville and a big thank you to Emily, thank you.

Purchased in December 2019 at Snooze WA, O'Connor for A$1,990.00.

Good machine

The machine has generally operated well but after 2.5 years it constantly required repairs. Luckily the authorised repairer was decent and would provide warranty on his repairs. The lifespan of the product needs to be increased so that it doesn’t start breaking down after the warranty period!

Purchased in March 2015 at David Jones for A$2,000.00.

Jessica W.

Jessica W.

Great but complex

This machine makes a great cup of coffee however it can be a bit complex. Thoroughly reading the instruction manual helps. The machine also goes through coffee quite fast however I love that It has a contained grinder and tamping mechanism so I dont have to clean up any of that bean dust that seems to get everywhere with other machines. This feature alone makes the appliance unbeatable

Purchased in November 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$1,995.00.

Product is used Several times a week
Amanda

Amanda

Heavenly Coffee

The best thing I have ever spend money on.

If you look after it, service it and clean it the quality will always be maintained.

Remember to use fresh beans and not your regular grocery store packed. Find a good local roaster and your will be brewing better coffee then most cafes

Purchased in August 2018 at Breville for A$2,000.00.

Madeleine

MadeleineGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Barista Coffee At Home!!

Great coffee, the crema is great. We have used a number of different brands of coffee and haven't had any issues. We just adjust the coarseness and pour time. We get a consistently great coffee every time.
Another thing we love about this machine is it has a big water tank so we're not having to fill it up all the time. The temps are set to standard and are adjustable if you want however we like the standard temp. We have recommended it to family members and so far two different side of the family have purchased one.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for A$1,599.20.

Kris

KrisSydney, NSW

Perfect Machine

We bought our Breville Oracle during the promotion period in August but our Pablo coffee beans ran out within the first two weeks of the teething period. Wish we had been supplied more.

Purchased in August 2019.

Product is used Several times a week
Jenna

JennaPerth, WA

White Glove Service makes this Coffee machine worth every cent!

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$1,700.00.

Adam

AdamPerth, WA

Great upgrade, perfect coffee each time.

I’m based in Perth WA. Firstly I’ve just had the pleasure of having a white glove service at my house. The very pleasant and informative Emily helped me through my machines operations and made me an awesome coffee. This device was second to none and made buying the machine worth it.

I previously owned a Breville express machine which I had for just over 2 years, I wanted an upgrade to something with dual boiler and a little more auto.

I’ve had the oracle for 6 weeks and it’s been a pleasure to have. It makes consistently great coffee and the best milk.

I would buy another ( if I had the money) again.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$1,950.00.

Happy

HappyFar North Queensland, QLD

Perfect start to the morning

Purchased this machine several months ago and love it. So easy to use and never fails me. My morning cup is consistently good producing good crema and at just right temperature. Highly recommend it.

Purchased in December 2019.

GrinderBreville Smart Grinder BCG800
Graeme

GraemeIllawarra, NSW

Great Barista style coffee at home.

Great coffee made from your choice of beans. It grinds, tamps, and brews... and let’s you texture the milk to suit your preference and most important it’s easy to use.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$3,100.00.

Product is used Daily

This is a follow-up review to my original comments on this coffee machine.

Purchased in April 2018.

Delphi Coracle
Delphi Coracle

I do NOT work for Breville. I am a retired photographer and coffee drinker.

Michael Chen

Michael Chen

Wouldn't buy this coffee machine

Purchased in September 2017 at Harvey Norman for A$3,000.00.

Rachael P.

Rachael P.South West, WA

Such good value for money

My daily job is a barista so I have high expectations in coffee and what I can get out of my coffee machine

This machine is perfect for me it has a hopper to put the beans in which it then grinds - you can change the grind to make it course or fine to get the best extraction out of it

The machine has the option to steam the milk for you which it does a good job or if you’re like me and prefer creamy silky milk you do it yourself

Easy to clean love it to bits

Purchased in July 2017 at Harvey Norman for A$2,500.00.

See all Breville The Oracle BES980 reviews