Breville The Oracle BES980BSS (Brushed Stainless Steel)

Breville The Oracle BES980BSS (Brushed Stainless Steel)

Madeleine

MadeleineGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Barista Coffee At Home!!

Great coffee, the crema is great. We have used a number of different brands of coffee and haven't had any issues. We just adjust the coarseness and pour time. We get a consistently great coffee every time.
Another thing we love about this machine is it has a big water tank so we're not having to fill it up all the time. The temps are set to standard and are adjustable if you want however we like the standard temp. We have recommended it to family members and so far two different side of the family have purchased one.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,599.20.

Kris

KrisSydney, NSW

Perfect Machine

We bought our Breville Oracle during the promotion period in August but our Pablo coffee beans ran out within the first two weeks of the teething period. Wish we had been supplied more.

Purchased in August 2019.

Product is used: Several times a week
Jenna

JennaPerth, WA

White Glove Service makes this Coffee machine worth every cent!

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,700.00.

Adam

AdamPerth, WA

Great upgrade, perfect coffee each time.

I’m based in Perth WA. Firstly I’ve just had the pleasure of having a white glove service at my house. The very pleasant and informative Emily helped me through my machines operations and made me an awesome coffee. This device was second to none and made buying the machine worth it.

I previously owned a Breville express machine which I had for just over 2 years, I wanted an upgrade to something with dual boiler and a little more auto.

I’ve had the oracle for 6 weeks and it’s been a pleasure to have. It makes consistently great coffee and the best milk.

I would buy another ( if I had the money) again.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,950.00.

Happy

HappyFar North Queensland, QLD

Perfect start to the morning

Purchased this machine several months ago and love it. So easy to use and never fails me. My morning cup is consistently good producing good crema and at just right temperature. Highly recommend it.

Purchased in December 2019.

GrinderBreville Smart Grinder BCG800

Graeme

GraemeIllawarra, NSW

Great Barista style coffee at home.

Great coffee made from your choice of beans. It grinds, tamps, and brews... and let’s you texture the milk to suit your preference and most important it’s easy to use.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $3,100.00.

Product is used: Daily

This is a follow-up review to my original comments on this coffee machine.

Purchased in April 2018.

Delphi Coracle
Delphi Coracle

I do NOT work for Breville. I am a retired photographer and coffee drinker.

Michael Chen

Michael Chen

Wouldn't buy this coffee machine

Purchased in September 2017 at Harvey Norman for $3,000.00.

Rachael P.

Rachael P.South West, WA

Such good value for money

My daily job is a barista so I have high expectations in coffee and what I can get out of my coffee machine

This machine is perfect for me it has a hopper to put the beans in which it then grinds - you can change the grind to make it course or fine to get the best extraction out of it

The machine has the option to steam the milk for you which it does a good job or if you’re like me and prefer creamy silky milk you do it yourself

Easy to clean love it to bits

Purchased in July 2017 at Harvey Norman for $2,500.00.

Octa

OctaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Issue within 2 weeks of purchase

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman for $2,000.00.

Victor S.

Victor S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Faultless machine

I have owned my Oracle for about 18 months now. I can't express (get the pun) how great this machine is. I normally use the same bean blend from the same supplier. With the grind setting I have set it on it produces a perfect extraction with a massive crema. The milk frother also does a great job. It is easy to clean the machine. Because it is virtually automatic, once you have set it up to make a cup you can walk away and come back when it's done it's job.

Purchased in October 2017 at Harvey Norman for $2,000.00.

DarrenB

DarrenBSydney Surrounds, NSW

Look forward to coffee every morning

Very happy with this coffee machine. It's so easy to use and makes wonderful cappuccinos. It's very helpful to be able to adjust the temperature and the frothiness of the milk. Our friends and family members can't get enough when they visit. Highly recommend!

Purchased in May 2018.

Saba01

Saba01South East Queensland, QLD

coffee addict

my Breville oracle is amazing the quality of machine is second to none , it performs exactly the same time after time , the cappuccinos,mocha,hot chocolates I pump out are incredible.
the coffee is always brewed at the perfect temperature , I would recommend this machine to everyone

Purchased in July 2017 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store for $2,995.00.

Deb.b

Deb.bIpswich

Great coffee machine

Love love love this machine
Coffee is perfect every time.
Really easy to use
Only had one issue with it and that is the milk no longer froths like it used to. So can only make flat whites no cappuccino or lattes. Consent affect taste just appearance.
Have tried cleaning all the milk frother part but hasn’t made any difference

Purchased in June 2017 at Harvey Norman.

Richi

RichiSydney, NSW

Cafe quality coffee at home

Coffee quality was an absolute delight, Lavazza ORO and Pablo and Rustys coffee beans worked amazingly through the grind process to give a light fluffy cream'e, a great coffee machine for any home.

Purchased in January 2019 for $600.00.

Jarrad

JarradPerth, WA

Breville Oracle

We purchased the Breville Oracle from good guys a week ago, absolutely love this machine! We had the Breville Barista previous and loved that machine but decided to treat ourselves with the Oracle. Being a coffee lover this machine does not disappoint. Don’t think we will be buying coffee from a cafe in a hurry. Definitely 100% recommend booking in for the white glove service that is free and provided at purchase of this awesome machine. Emily from Breville was fantastic,could not be happier with her knowledge and the personal service of her coming to our house and showing the features and run down of the machine. Would definitely recommend this machine to family and friends.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for $2,099.00.

Great coffee machine

I did a lot of research on a number of brands and machines before settling on this one and I couldn't be happier. It certainly is cafe quality, if not better. I've been told I'm pretty fussy about my coffee, but this machine consistently produces a great brew with the touch of a few buttons. If you live in Perth like me, make sure you book in the White Glove demo by Emily, she is very professional, friendly and has good tips on getting the most out of the machine to produce the coffee you and your friends like, as well as cleaning and maintenance.

Purchased in February 2019.

Julia

JuliaSouthwest, VIC

The best coffee machine on the market.

The quality of the coffee brewed can be adjusted to one’s palette with the variable grind control and brewing time.
Consistency in the quality of coffee being brewed can be controlled daily pending on the age of the beans.
The adjustable temperature control is terrific.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $2,880.00.

Leslie D

Leslie D

Good Coffee Maker

Now I can't say that I am an expert with coffee machines and I fine my self regularly looking at the manual but this is a great coffee machine. It is consistently good and the build quality of it is great. Only issue I face is cleaning it.

Purchased in November 2018.

Bobanddi

BobanddiWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Got 12 months, now broken down

The machine produces beautiful coffee, the machine is very consistent, with the veraible temperature
you can have whatever temperature you like. The problem we have had when grinding in to the portafilter, it kept grinding filling the coffee shute above the tamper, and not shutting off.
We contacted Harvey/Norman and Breville arranged to pick up the machine. They replaced the Tamper Gearbox & Assembly + new Tamper Fan. All Steam Boiler pipes & probe seals. Took 3 weeks to get back, All working perfectly, Thanks Breville.

Purchased in December 2017 for $2,599.00.

See all Breville The Oracle BES980 reviews

Sonya

Sonyaasked

What issues should I be looking for - I have an opportunity to purchase a second hand Oracle for $650. Current owner says it needs a new filter and is a regrettable sale. Just wondering what other issues this machine tends to commonly have?

Dawn B.
Dawn B.

Hi I have only had my Oracle Touch machine for a few weeks and found no issue to date. , but yes buy new filter was advised to do this as required.

punditjiasked

Why is there no extended warranty available on your coffee machines. Is it true that it starts playing up from about 18 months.

Peter L
Peter L

Punditji,
if you buy from good company like Harvey Norman, you can get extended warranty for 48 months.
but you have to get when first purchase.
you are covered at 18mths with the original 2 yr warranty, suggest you contact Breville 1300 139 798 to get fixed before your warranty gone.
Great machine, best coffee for any machine we have tried, best of luck ))

punditji

That is not true. I went to Harvey Norman in Rothwell, Qld 2 days ago & Tracey told me that they do not do extended warranty on coffee machines.

Scott M.
Scott M.

I just bought mine from Harvey Norman Capalaba. Was offered extended warranty. However ACCC states goods should last a reasonable amount of time. A machine costing over $2000 I would not consider 18 months reasonable.

Col

Colasked

We can't get the temp to rise above 71 degrees

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

CategoryManual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines