Steelcraft Strider Compact

Steelcraft Strider Compact

Baby loves strider

I bought my strider compact 3 years ago as my sister in law recommended it. I have since recommended to 5 new mums and they purchased 1 too. My son is 3 years old and we still continue to use the pram for big walk with the dog. My only issue is you need to have the brake on to put the pram away otherwise it scratches the plastic, it took me a while to work it out.

Purchased in February 2016 at Toys R Us / Babies R Us for $500.00.

Suitable for RunningYes
Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Jessica, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

No regrets purchasing this pram!

We weren't happy with the pram we originally purchased and upgraded to this one approx 3 yrs ago. We got a great deal that included the second seat and a bassinet as we were planning on further child/ren.

Now we have twins on the way, an extra travel capsule was all we needed to purchase and we're good to go.

Being taller, my 6'1" hubby "kicks" other prams when he walks or gets a sore back, not this one. DS has always appeared comfy and content in it, until he outgrew it ofc.

All conversion/fitting was easy to do, and we don't find any issues getting it in n out of the car. You can remove the rear wheels to free up more space if needed, but we rarely do.

Our only complaint is, as mentioned by others previously, the front lower bar between the wheels can get scratched easily folding/unfolding - but again, if you're aware of it, we've found damage easy to avoid.

Purchased in August 2015 at Toys R Us / Babies R Us for $700.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Mhentschke, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! To help eliminate the front bar getting scratched we would recommend when folding the frame that you walk to the frame into yourself and not allow it to touch the ground when folding, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like us to talk you through this. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Worst pram

I’ve had this pram for about 14 months. It’s extremely heavy to lift into the car. It really bad for turning corners. It’s Suspension is crap. Every little bump the baby feels. I have nothing good to say about this pram. Would not recommend.

Purchased in December 2017 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $600.00.

Suitable for RunningNo
Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Doug, thanks for your review and we're sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your Strider Compact. Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we can discuss this with you in further detail. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Amazing pram

This pram is amazing. It’s comfortable for 1 or 2 kids it’s easy to fold up and down. It’s easy to get up gutters and stairs. The large sun protection is great for summer heat and sun with the mesh pocket for airflow. The basket is huge and has a ver easy to access zipper. The wheels are a little wide but definitely fit through every door space. It can have a bassinet or car seat attached but I personally haven’t tried either of those options

Hi Rylie, Thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review and valuable feedback. The Steelcraft Strider Compact has many configurations and you are able to see these on our website. If there is anything we can assist you with in the future please contact us on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Second seat

Hi,
Was wondering I purchased a 2016 steelcraft strider compact silver and found out it's been discontinued.
Is there a possibility that I can still purchase the silver second seat compact not the deluxe model range.
I am very particular and want to keep the same colour as my first seat.

Hi Clare, thanks for your question, the Strider Compact second seat - silver is no longer available however the Strider Compact Deluxe Edition second seat is compatible with your stroller. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.If I had the 2016 strider compact frame still wanting to use that frame. But wanted to purchase the black main seat and second seat can that be done and how much pleaseThanks for your reply Clare, the main seat/frame for the Strider Compact range isn't available as a separate item.

Good versatile pram

Bought one of these second hand & mostly love it
Purchased this model as hasn’t height adjustable handles (partner and I are both tall) and that it could hold both basssinet and a seat; which can both be adjusted to forward and rear facing as well as reclines to 3 stages.
Easy to collapse and set up.

Downfall - back wheels are wider than the pram so often you’ll fit through somewhere only to bang the back wheels on something.
Removing the seat / bassinet to collapse - means you need to take it off, put it on the ground and then collapse the frame to load into car & then Place seat on top- not great when it’s wet/ dirty ground.

Hi SuzieQ, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! The newer model have the adjustable height handle and we have also trimmed approx. 2cm off the width. If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

love hate relationship with this pram

I bought this pram about 3 years ago and only used it for about three months and then only needed a single pram so it has hung in my garage for almost its entire life. I now need a double pusher again so have pulled it down to use it again. I have the steelcraft capsule so I love how easy that is to use with the pram but my baby isn't too keen on the angle of the capsule so prefers to lay flat when not in the car and the seat doesn't allow for 'a want to lay flat' newborn, so I hate that aspect. I am faced with either buying the bassinet, which I don't think is worth it for the short time she will be in it or finding a different solution. When I pulled the pram down, I discovered the footwell was broken so went online to see how to go about fixing it and was surprised to find that this is a common malfunction and the only way to remedy it, is to buy a whole new seat frame which is frustrating. I would not buy this pram again and am disappointed that after I spent so much on it, it hasn't come up to my full expectations.
After I posted this review, I then found out that I cant use the bassinet and the bottom seat at the same time so there goes that idea - I am extremely disappointed with the whole pusher.

Hi Anndee, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! You mentioned that your footrest is broken, this can be repaired by one of our authorised repair centres. If you would like to give us a call on 1300 303 330 we will be able to point you in the right direction. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

I love it...

I love this pram with the second seat. It is so easy put up and down once you learn how. No heavier than any other pram. Sun shades are great as they cover most of the baby/child. It has so many accessories. The large basket underneath is amazing. The large, wide seat makes it perfect for older children too.

Hi Natashameg, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Perfect pram for 2 bubs

It's a great pram when you have a toddler and a new born. I used this pram when I had my first child and added the second seat once my second bub was born. Its quite spacious and the material is pretty good. It also comes with range of colors to choose from. It's also easy to clean.

Hi Naz, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Does its job

For a pram, the Steelcraft Strider Compact does its job, haven’t actually had any real issues with it and I’m mostly impressed with the fact thay it can be interchanged between the baby capsule and the main pram seat. However, I had to push my baby on this pram through a semi gravelled road and felt like the wheels wanted to come off, although it did not. Even walking down the street on the pavement sometimes feels a bit weird, the pram itself would steer a little side to side instead of going straight smoothly. Also, I feel like it is not as compact as labelled, there are even smaller and higher functioning prams out there.

Hi Cherry, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Love it

After having another pram for my 1st child which was hard to wash and bulky I have loved having a strider for my 2nd child. I love how you can change the way your child is facing and it’s easy to turn with one hand. Only thing I wish is that it folded in one piece

Hi Gratefully mum, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Such a lovely pram

The strider is a lovely pram to steer on footpaths and grassy terrain alike, can carry a fair bit in the bottom basket area. Not huge fan of colours but design is sturdy and even. The straps for the seat are comfy and safe with adjustable levels for different ages.

Hi Lisa s, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Life saver!

We bought this pram as a single for our now 1 yr old when he was born, as our 3 year old wanted to walk everywhere. It was great for that and even better that we could just buy the second seat for when miss 3 decided she wanted a pram all the time to! It was and still is amazing. Handles great on dirt/gravel, large comfortable seats for both kids and great storage. I love the large sun visor also!

Hi Kaaccc, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Love it!

Currently have a compact for my 6 week old and almost 2 year old. Love it. Fantastic basket space, stylish, moves well on all surfaces, spacious seats and personally don't find it very heavy. Both my girls fall asleep while out so must be pretty comfy

Hi Teagan, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Good and sturdy but heavy

What I liked about this pram: all the attachments are universal, it is sturdy, easy to fold, easy to steer.
What I didn't like: bulky (even the compact model), a bit heavy to lift, how low the toddler seat is.
I used it for 2 years and yes I would recommend the brand.

Hi Pennylou, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

The 'Camry' of prams

Good and reliable and decent quality. A little big to fit in a small car, although possible.
I often go on 5+km walks and runs with this pram and have had no issues.
It is also good that you can buy the second seat if you plan on having another baby within a few years.

Hi Michael, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! We should also mention that we wouldn't recommend that you run with the Strider range stroller. If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Best secondhand purchase!!

Super happy with my less than 2 year old, secondhand Strider! So many neat features like multiple storage pockets, easy seat adjustments and a large hood that covers top to toe. It fits in my 2011 i30, but only just. It takes up the majority of the boot, and I've had to take apart the seat from the frame to get it in neatly. Turning is something to adjust to after going from a pram which used a reversible handle for parent facing instead of this prams reversible seat.
One negative I've found so far is it has an easy tendency to topple sideways if I'm not careful.

Hi Krislang, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We would suggest that you may like to have your stroller looked at by one of our authorised repair specialists as the stroller shouldn't be toppling sideways. Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we can point you in the right direction. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Perfect

I got this pram with second seat when my #3 child was born, and it was a life saver! I walk my #1 child to school and back so was super easy to put #2 & #3 in and was great to push on grass, gravel, road, pavers and pathways as well as manoeuvring around shops. We still use it daily for walking 2yrs later.

Hi Em123, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

absolutely love it!

bought this while on sale, its lighter than the original strider. easily folds up with seats on or off, fits in 4x4s and small boots.seat lays back enough for a newborn and the material used seems durable as well as soft and comfortable. great customer service through britax. definitely cannot fault this pram

Hi Kendall. thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Worth the money

I bought this second hand in great condition. Even brand new I’d say this pram would be worth the money. It’s sturdy, moves smoothly, usually pretty easy to fold (sometimes a little awkward) but not hard at all to figure out. I have a Mitsubishi Outlander and I’d say it takes up the whole boot nearly. I dump all my shopping on top of it. It’s over two years old and still in great condition.

Hi Jessica c, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

See all Steelcraft Strider Compact reviews