Brother GS-2700

Brother GS-2700 Questions & Answers

20 questions from our users

Can nylon filament sewing thread be used on the GS 2700 machine?.

I've tried shirring with no success...can the GS2700 do this and if so what settings pls?

Can this machine use twin needle for stretch?

I have bought and tried it yesterday. I wounder if the machine can sew jeans and tougher clothes. Please, tell me know if can use it for jeans.

I’ve been wanting to make a quilt out of old jeans. Is this machine strong enough to sew through the layers?
Yes it should be fine... I find the space between the needle and the side of the machine is tight when quilting everything together so it's not the best machine for that. And can get a bit wobbly on very thick parts but should be ok.

Assalam u aliakum I got this machine few month back.... top bobbin filling, auto needle threading even everything is excellent. .. but suddenly machine jams while running. ...I don't know how to make it correct. ... it's not working now even the needle is not moving. ...it stuck very badly.... I give it back to the company because it was having 2 years varrenty. ...but when they return the problem is same....can anyone tell me what should I do?
Pls check with technicians who fixed it. Never happened to my machine. So no idea.

Is it possible to free motion quilt with this model?
It is but it's very sensitive and before you know it, you're all over the place...

HI! Can it sew thick fabrics, like denim or another thick one?
Yes, my 12 year old daughter made some blue jean shorts. Also some jean tote bags.

Does this machine able to sew thick fabrics like denim? Please help . I'm contemplating on buying this.
Yes.i stitched denim using this machine two times.

How do I drop the feed dog for embroidery?
I only just got the machine but would advise using the darning plate over the top of the feed dog.

Can you tell me what is wrong with the machine sewing backward instead of forward? (brother gs2700)
IT has got a switch for back stitching, if you flip it it should start sewing forward.Thank youI think the above solution by Rose results in temporary fixing of your problem.I think your machines problem is-the button guiding foot (located left to presser foot) is in lower position.pull it upward.you can fix your problem by doing this.

Do this sew all type of stretcheable knit fabrics?
Yes.it will.we have to adjust thread tension according to fabrics.specific needles are also available for each fabrics.u will get details about thread tension from user manual.

Hi there I am planning to buy this machine but wonder if does this comes with all accessories? thanks
What kind of accessories do you mean? Like most machines it comes with the basics - a needle and a couple of bobbins.the standard accessories like All Purpose Foot, Button Sewing Foot, Zipper Foot, Bobbins,Feed Cover Plate, Spool Holder etc.Helllo Jane , I am planning to get too, Do you know if they come with the accessories when we buy the sewing machine on sale from Myers. Nothing seems to be mentioned on their site though.

im planning to buy this machine, does it sew denim or other heavy fabric? thanks!
I've done a thin denim with no issues. I think you're supposed to get another needle for thicker fabrics.Thank you!!

Can I use ruffler/pleated foot in this machine?
Hi Brindha, I never tried a ruffler foot on it. But looks like you can use it. I searched for ruffler foot for GS2700 and got this link http://estore.brother.com.my/product-765774.html

Hi how do you turn the stitch dial to stitch 16 and above ? I am really new to this ... thanks
Turn the Stitch Length Dial to 'SS' then turn your Stitch Selection Dial to desired Stitch Number, Refer to your manual for recommended stitch widths. I hope that helps. :)Hi i was very new at this and i couldn't work this one out, i had been to spotlight/lincarft a million times with the manual and they couldnt even work it out. Turn the last dial on the right hand side all the way, even if it feels as though it wont turn turn it all the way untill the black line finishes and the SS comes up, the turn the nob to select blue stitches, i worked this one out on my own just by playing around with it, anymore questions im happy to help just email me at Brunswick@rh.com.au so i can forward you some photos! but this machine is awesome!!!!!

Can it be used for free arm quilting if I purchase a quilting/darning foot and a walking foot?
Yes. You can't drop the feed dogs, but it comes with a darning plate so free motion quilting is possible with the quilting/darning foot.

Does GS2700 have a designated stretch stitch function?
Hi Kathryn, It does have a strep stitch function. On the dial, you simply turn it to SS. I hope that helps.

Can you use twin needles with this machine pls?
Hi justine23, thanks for submitting your question. This product can use twin needle for two-colour stitching. Thanks for being an active member of ProductReview.com.au!Yes.extra spoon pin is available with the kit.using dat we can thread twin needles and use it accordingly

Get an answer from our members and Brother representatives

Similar listings