Brother GS-2700

Brother GS-2700 Questions & Answers

21 questions from our users

haniza h.

haniza h.asked

How to lower the feed dog without using darning plate?

Gwen

Gwenasked

Can nylon filament sewing thread be used on the GS 2700 machine?.

Karrol

Karrolasked

I've tried shirring with no success...can the GS2700 do this and if so what settings pls?

Bruce B

Bruce Basked

Can this machine use twin needle for stretch?

Anand17

Anand17asked

Can I use circular embroidery pressed foot with this model?

Dafa

Dafaasked

I have bought and tried it yesterday. I wounder if the machine can sew jeans and tougher clothes. Please, tell me know if can use it for jeans.

Momma

Mommaasked

I’ve been wanting to make a quilt out of old jeans. Is this machine strong enough to sew through the layers?

Den I

Yes it should be fine... I find the space between the needle and the side of the machine is tight when quilting everything together so it's not the best machine for that.
And can get a bit wobbly on very thick parts but should be ok.

Aasma rani

Aasma raniasked

Assalam u aliakum I got this machine few month back.... top bobbin filling, auto needle threading even everything is excellent. .. but suddenly machine jams while running. ...I don't know how to make it correct. ... it's not working now even the needle is not moving. ...it stuck very badly.... I give it back to the company because it was having 2 years varrenty. ...but when they return the problem is same....can anyone tell me what should I do?

LJ03

Pls check with technicians who fixed it. Never happened to my machine. So no idea.

Julie Macdonald

Julie Macdonaldasked

Is it possible to free motion quilt with this model?

Den I

It is but it's very sensitive and before you know it, you're all over the place...

Anna

Annaasked

HI! Can it sew thick fabrics, like denim or another thick one?

Louissmith179
Louissmith179

Yes, my 12 year old daughter made some blue jean shorts. Also some jean tote bags.

Add ged

Add gedasked

Does this machine able to sew thick fabrics like denim? Please help . I'm contemplating on buying this.

Thasneem

Yes.i stitched denim using this machine two times.

Yusreen04

Yusreen04asked

How do I drop the feed dog for embroidery?

Amber
Amber

I only just got the machine but would advise using the darning plate over the top of the feed dog.

Annasked

Can you tell me what is wrong with the machine sewing backward instead of forward? (brother gs2700)

Alana
Alana

IT has got a switch for back stitching, if you flip it it should start sewing forward.

Thasneem

I think the above solution by Rose results in temporary fixing of your problem.I think your machines problem is-the button guiding foot (located left to presser foot) is in lower position.pull it upward.you can fix your problem by doing this.

naharajaz

naharajazasked

Do this sew all type of stretcheable knit fabrics?

Thasneem

Yes.it will.we have to adjust thread tension according to fabrics.specific needles are also available for each fabrics.u will get details about thread tension from user manual.

janeasked

Hi there I am planning to buy this machine but wonder if does this comes with all accessories? thanks

Adelina

What kind of accessories do you mean? Like most machines it comes with the basics - a needle and a couple of bobbins.

jane

the standard accessories like All Purpose Foot, Button Sewing Foot, Zipper Foot, Bobbins,Feed Cover Plate, Spool Holder etc.

Helllo Jane , I am planning to get too, Do you know if they come with the accessories when we buy the sewing machine on sale from Myers. Nothing seems to be mentioned on their site though.

thomasdesign325asked

im planning to buy this machine, does it sew denim or other heavy fabric? thanks!

Adelina

I've done a thin denim with no issues. I think you're supposed to get another needle for thicker fabrics.

Thank you!!

Brindha Balu

Brindha Baluasked

Can I use ruffler/pleated foot in this machine?

Hi Brindha,
I never tried a ruffler foot on it. But looks like you can use it.
I searched for ruffler foot for GS2700 and got this link http://estore.brother.com.my/product-765774.html

Lola

Lolaasked

Hi how do you turn the stitch dial to stitch 16 and above ? I am really new to this ... thanks

Auzziepie

Turn the Stitch Length Dial to 'SS' then turn your Stitch Selection Dial to desired Stitch Number, Refer to your manual for recommended stitch widths. I hope that helps. :)

a87
a87

Hi i was very new at this and i couldn't work this one out, i had been to spotlight/lincarft a million times with the manual and they couldnt even work it out. Turn the last dial on the right hand side all the way, even if it feels as though it wont turn turn it all the way untill the black line finishes and the SS comes up, the turn the nob to select blue stitches, i worked this one out on my own just by playing around with it, anymore questions im happy to help just email me at Brunswick@rh.com.au so i can forward you some photos! but this machine is awesome!!!!!

Huidan

Huidanasked

Can it be used for free arm quilting if I purchase a quilting/darning foot and a walking foot?

Auzziepie

Yes. You can't drop the feed dogs, but it comes with a darning plate so free motion quilting is possible with the quilting/darning foot.

Kathryn

Kathrynasked

Does GS2700 have a designated stretch stitch function?

Hi Kathryn,

It does have a strep stitch function. On the dial, you simply turn it to SS.

I hope that helps.

Get an answer from our members and Brother representatives