Budget Direct Comprehensive Car Insurance

Budget Direct Comprehensive Car Insurance

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now

4.1 (1,511)
    4.0 (1,453)
  • Timeliness
    4.0 (1,026)
  • Job Satisfaction
    3.9 (1,274)
  • Claim Resolution Time3+ months (51), 1-2 weeks (40), <1 week (39), 1-2 months (38) and 2-4 weeks (35)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (139) · No (65)

Alex L.

Alex L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Simple and affordable

Personally I always love to discuss with a person and have reservations about online approac but lo and behold I was pleasantly surprised how easy to click on the buttons.
Will transfer the rest of insurances to Budget direct esp with savings in such difficult times.

Car ModelKia Carnival
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Alex, thank you for taking the time to provide this amazing feedback! Glad to hear the process was easy for you. We look forward to continuing to be the insurer of your choice. Regards, Budget Direct.

CAGLAYAN

CAGLAYANGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Grate but agreed value is too low

Good value but agreed value is too low, I’m surprised that you don’t have on line set up, only by phone I would like to see on line set up in the future

Car ModelMazda 6
Jodi

JodiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very happy!

After being with the same Insurer for over 10 years, Budget Insurance provided competitive prices and switching was made very easy and hassle free. Great communication! Would highly recommend. Thanks!

Car ModelToyota RAV4
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Jodi, thanks for stopping by to provide this great feedback! We look forward to continuing to be the insurer of your choice. Regards, Budget Direct.

Car Insurance

Find out how Budget Direct Comprehensive Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

Natalie E.

Natalie E.Sydney, NSW

Amazing customer service!

Experienced great customer service with budget direct as a new customer. Considering I haven’t been a customer before, they still treated me like a loyal customer and did everything they could to initiate me insurance policy I was satisfied with. I forgot the name of the lady I was speaking to but she was so kind and patient with me. Great experience!

Car ModelHyundai Veloster FS
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Natalie, that's excellent! Thank you for taking the time to provide this great feedback. We look forward to continuing to be the insurer of your choice. Regards, Budget Direct.

Not much to be proud of

Not much to be proud ofSouth East Queensland, QLD

No hassle car insurance

After being with another major insurer for 10 yeard, I completed an online quote. While waiting on registration info to finalize purchase as I had just purchased car after previous vehicle written off due to hail damage, I had follow up call to make sure everything ok and was offered further reduced price. Finalized insurance on phone with no hassles. My insurance quote was half the price of other insurance companies with same inclusions and add ons. Very happy so far.

Car ModelHyundai Elantra AD Elite
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Good afternoon thanks for this wonderful feedback. It's great to have you with us, we look forward to being your continued Insurer of choice. Budget Direct.

Exactly what I needed at a good price

The policy was easy to set up online, and as I was picking up the car that day, was easy to set up in a short space of time. It was also cost effective compared to other brands

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Jarod, thanks for this wonderful feedback. It's great to have you with us, we look forward to being your continued Insurer of choice. Budget Direct.

Tajinder

Tajinder Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

wont recommend anyone to go with them

when you go for a repairer they tell you to to choose ur repairer when i did that the operator told me no i don't have that facility but a day before there operator told me to go and get the car fixed with the choice of repairer even after that too many problems i am having to get my car fixed as the operator told me that its not guaranteed that they will accept the repairer
i had choosen sheen smash repairer and they are in the business for a long period

Claim MadeYes
Car ModelMazda 3 BN (Hatchback) SP25 Astina
Claimant is the policy holderYes
Claim DateNovember 2020
Claim ApprovedYes
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Tajinder, thank you for your feedback. If there is anything we can help with, please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au. Budget Direct.

lakey

lakeyPerth, WA

It was easy

Was easy to set up over the phone, and the sales person was very helpful.
The policy I signed up for suited my needs and was good value for what I required.

Car ModelJeep Cherokee KL Limited
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Lakey, thanks for this wonderful feedback. It's great to have you with us, we look forward to being your continued Insurer of choice. Budget Direct.

Cengo

CengoIllawarra, NSW

Don’t go with budget direct insurance

One lady who is insured with budget direct hit my car from behind and she accepted the fault so she put in a claim gave me the claim number
After calling budget direct they told me because their client details aren’t up to date so I could not proceed with the claim and to call back
After about ten phone calls the same story they can’t get in touch with their customer so I can’t go ahead with the claim
It’s been a month now and i’m still waiting but if the low life insurance company had to get money from the customer they would be on there back right away
So i’m still waiting and in this time I would not recommend BUDGET DIRECT INSURANCE to anybody don’t waste your money and time

Car ModelBMW 1 Series F20 118i
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Cengo, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. If there is anything further we can help with, please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au. Budget Direct.

It’s excellent

It was relatively easy, it is of good value compared to my other insurer. It’s my first year with budget direct. I guess its gonna be exiting to find out.

Car ModelToyota RAV4
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Fred. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great day. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

It’s fine so far, but haven’t had any issues yet

It was good value. I haven’t made a claim, and hope I don’t have to. I have only had the policy for a month. Thank you for your help. Man on the phone was very nice

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Marina. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great day. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Jay H.

Jay H.Illawarra, NSW

Very easy and convenient insurance.

It was easy to fill out my details and select the right product for me. Comparing the prices of different premiums with different excesses was easy to do as well.

Car ModelVolkswagen Jetta
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Jay. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great day. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Amazingly affordable and high quality comprehensive car insurance

Budget direct offered good value for car insurance and the process was easy to arrange even though it was all online. I have been with this company for 1 month

Car ModelKia Cerato
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Courtney. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great day. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Happy

HappySydney, NSW

VG customer service

Excellent customer service and the policy price is very reasonable for comprehensive car insurance. I would recommend you read the product disclosure statement and work out what works for you. BD works for me.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Good morning. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great day. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

turk4life_sibos

turk4life_sibosSydney, NSW

Value for money

Value for money with great insurance cover. Drive your car with no worry as you are fully covered. Stress free and great online portal to customise the cover to suit you and your budget.

Car ModelHyundai i30

Love it quick and easy

Very good value easy to set up quick and easy be with Budget for 10 years and love the storm weather forecast and will be for the rest of my days

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Marty. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great day. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

The worst claim experience

Despite having a perfect driving record, not being at fault the insurer kept me on the line for an hour, tried to pick holes in every little line item of the policy, at one point proposed I should pay the excess and then made me send in five years of driving history (which is impeccable).
I’ll be moving insurers faster than you can say ‘budget direct’

Claim MadeYes
Claimant is the policy holderYes
Claim ApprovedNo

Pleased.

It was easy to set up a comprehensive car insurance policy with budget direct.
Efficient service.

I am happy as policy is good value.
I will recommend Budget Direct to family and friends.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Maria. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great day. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Debbie

DebbieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect for my needs

Excellent customer service and the policy price is very reasonable for comprehensive car Insurance. Budget Direct is definitely one of the best insurance companies and would recommend them to my family and friends.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Debbie. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great day. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Rob.M

Rob.M

Easy process to obtain the best insurance policy for my needs

Good value service and very polite staff the Website was easy to use and the finance application is very good 10/10 would recommend to anyone else I haven’t had a bad encounter with Budget Direct

Car ModelHolden Captiva
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Rob, thanks for this wonderful feedback. It's great to have you with us, we look forward to being your continued Insurer of choice. Budget Direct.

See all Budget Direct Car Insurance reviews

Brett G

Brett Gasked

Comprehensive Car Insurance

Hello. Can you confirm that when a claim is made against a car insurance policy, you require your customer to pay the excess up front before any repairs are done? Thankyou.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Brett, thanks for getting in touch. In the event of an at fault claim – any claim which cannot be recovered from another party, either in part or in full, such as:
- an accident where we decide the driver of the car is partially or entirely at fault,
- an accident where we decide the driver of the other vehicle or another person is entirely at fault but you cannot tell us their full name, residential address and vehicle registration number,
- theft, attempted theft or a malicious act,
- storm, wind or hail,
- fire, or
- an accident involving an animal
You will need to pay an excess to have the car repaired.
Kind regards, Budget Direct.

QLDZDRasked

Comprehensive Car Insurance

Kristy and Julz, you need to refer my correspondence to a Manager NOW because the next communication I want to see from Budget Direct is a policy document with everything the same as what I had except a significantly reduced premium to match the one that I have shown you (you could have verified it before wasting more of my time with your most recent reply) and that isn't the cheapest but it was from one of the big 3 insurers and their premium includes exactly the same features (maybe even better) but you can check since I have sent you the details of that. I have already wasted several hours in policy manager, chat, phone, email, with Budget Direct customer service since March.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Good morning, thanks for reaching out and for taking the time to provide your feedback. Please email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au your personal details along with your policy number and we will look into it for you. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

QLDZDR

I did that last week and now I am back here because still receiving lip service without action.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Thank you for your reply and for emailing us. I can confirm we are looking into it for you. We will contact you to discuss the outcome. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Jayne

Jayneasked

Comprehensive Car Insurance

Is their service on claims as bad as I am reading, don't feel safe being insured with them now!!!??

ANN
ANN

Sorry made you feel that way. But I was telling the truth. I only found out after been with them for 5 years. Because that was my first claim.

Get an answer from our members and Budget Direct representatives

Optional extra

Emergency Transport & Accommodation$100 per day up to $300 in total
Towing Costs Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Included, "hire car that meets your needs"

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft