Budget Direct Comprehensive Car Insurance

Budget Direct Comprehensive Car Insurance

3.9 from 1,460 reviews

Car Insurance Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of car insurance would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.9

1,463 reviews
    4.0 (1,129)
    3.9 (1,097)
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction

Ree

ReeHobart, TAS

Great until you need to claim!!

Our home was broken into & car stolen, the claim process was long and time consuming. Many calls chasing up after budget to get car back. Today received letter to say we are no longer able to insure with them as classed as high risk! Seriously one claim After 15 years with them and now high risk! This is disgusting. Will never sing budgets praises again. Don’t insure with them, they do not value your loyalty.

Claimant is the policy holder Yes
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateNovember 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Louie

LouieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Priced right

Easy to understand, fast, convenient cover for my car. Best price around for my needs. Great friendly staff, exactly what I need in insurance. And no gimmicks. Loved the service provided xx

Car ModelNissan X-Trail T30
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Louie. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great day. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Darko

DarkoSydney, NSW

Perfect

Good price and good experience with your insurance.Policy good value and easy to set up.This is first time with you guys and I am happy for now.Thanks you for cooperation

Car ModelMitsubishi Triton
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Darko. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great day. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Car Insurance

Find out how Budget Direct Comprehensive Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

Cathy

CathyHunter Region, NSW

Very happy with the process and particularly the dollar value Thankyou

So far I am loving that ease of Budget Direct. The online process is user friendly and well priced. Simple direct debit system that suits my budget and personal circumstances, Thankyou

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Cathy, thanks for reaching out to provide your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Bobby

Bobby

Car and contents insurance

Iv always been happy with my car and contents insurance, also they handled my aggravated robbery at home very good, but I wasn’t able to get home and contents insurance because of the claim, I was disappointed in that and so have cancelled all my insurance policies and gone else where, apart from that my time with them was always good, although a lot of the operators first language is not English so it’s can be extremely hard to communicate on the phone

Claimant is the policy holder Yes
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateDecember 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Bobby, thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We certainly do appreciate it. Wishing you all the very best. Kind regards, Budget Direct

Chantal Pronk

Chantal Pronk

Brilliant customer service!

My policy was very easy to set up- the customer service was brilliant- The person we spoke to was very easy to talk to and answered every silly question I had!

Car ModelMazda 2 DJ Neo
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Chantal, thanks for taking the time to provide your wonderful feedback. We look forward to continuing to provide you with great service and peace of mind with your insurance. Kind regards, Budget Direct

Annette R.

Annette R.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Security of insurance makes me drive better

I didn’t have a car worthy of insurance so I lost my AAA rating but I purchased another car and as a fortnightly payment I could afford the extra premium and I now have peace of mind

Car ModelDodge Caliber PM
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Annette, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great week. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Jess

JessPerth, WA

Value for money

The quote we received was nearly half the price of the renewal for our old insurance.
It was easy to get a quote and then purchase online.
We are glad we shopped around.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Jess, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great week. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Joanne Coggin

Joanne CogginSydney, NSW

Not good with the letter sent out also have sent photos twice and still saying they are not good enough

1) It was the only company I did call ,I think I should have tryed a different one . They are saying in a Letter that it's not going to be covered becaues of Hail damamge. I am going to try other companies.
2) No I haven't.
3) I have been with you for over one year with a other car
4) No I haven't it should be free .

demerit points

they increased my car ins by $350 to $850
i told them i had 6 points on my licence
i was accident free for 25 years
had two low range speeding fines
they said i was a risk
so if you get points they may not pay a claim

Car ModelKia Sorento
Kay

KayGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

So happy, Great Value!

I was so happy with this Policy so I am going to insure all of my cars with budget as it was so easy!
The sales rep was fantastic and honest !

Car ModelVolkswagen Caddy 2K.II
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Kay, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great week. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

George K

George KMelbourne

Avoid at all costs

Claim MadeYes
Claimant is the policy holder No
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMay 2019
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi George, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au, and we will be happy to look into this for you. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Went in and smooth

Great value for money and easy to get set up.
Would highly recomend Budget Insurance if you looking for a new policy.
Geeat friendly people to work with.
Thanks for the experience.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Stephn, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great week. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Same benefits as others but a far cheaper premium

The policy was good value for money which attracted me to it over other policies in the market place it also offered me better market value for my car than others

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Steve, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great week. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

David

DavidSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great service and personal experience

It’s good value for the policy even though I haven’t been with you for very long I even recommended you to my family and friends I will stay with you for a long time

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi David. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great day. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Car Insurance

Love when something is in plain English and is simply a great product!

The process of buying the producer was simple to complete online. A great product at a great price. To have roadside assistance included for a highly competitive price, along with Comprehensive cover at a fantastic price.

Car ModelToyota HiLux
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Tam. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great day. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Mary Sciorto

Mary SciortoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good Value

Quote was good value and was competitive. Have had good service from staff. Have been with Budget Direct 3 years. Overall good experience and happy with what I have recieved.

Car ModelHonda Jazz
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Mary, this is excellent to read! Thanks for taking the time to let us know, and we look forward to being your continued Insurer of choice. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Frances

FrancesVictoria

very competitive rates

yes, yes was easy to set up...renewed 2001 wagon from apia car insurance. Been with budget direct more than 5 years. I did not require road side assist with budget.

Car ModelToyota LandCruiser 100 HDJ100R
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Frances, this is great to read! Thanks for taking the time to let us know, and we look forward to being your continued Insurer of choice. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Mark Austin

Mark AustinHolt 2615, ACT

Easy to deal with

Staff friendly and accommodating, procedures were easy to negotiate..
Of course there were a lot of mandatory questions that need to be asked and these can be tedious at times but I understand the purpose

Car ModelVolkswagen Golf Mk.5
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Mark, thanks for taking the time to let us know, and we look forward to being your continued Insurer of choice. - Budget Direct.

Sarah

SarahPerth, WA

Easy to purchase & looks to be good value for money. Have had no claims yet to report on service.

Good value and easy to set up.
No claims lodged so I cannot comment on service quality.
Newly joined, this year.
Ihave no more to say to get to 30 words.... this needs to be amended on your review.

Car ModelMazda 2
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Sarah, thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great week. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

See all Budget Direct Car Insurance reviews