Budget Direct Comprehensive Travel Insurance

Budget Direct Comprehensive Travel Insurance

Terry

TerryEyre Peninsula, SA

How easy was this!!

If I could upload my text exchange with a friend, I would!! I had a swear word because it was so simple. This was so quick and easy and exceeded my expectations. And $400 cheaper than my other quote.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Budget Direct A.Budget Direct

Hi Terry, thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that your experience exceeded your expectation and the insurance was competitive for the cover you were looking for.

CameronSydney

WARNING: Comprehensive is not actually comprehensive

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateAugust 2019
Cameron

Your reply lacks any customer service thus why I have taken this to the Australian Authority.

Sharon Cadwallader

Sharon CadwalladerRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Best price and service

The policy represented good value and was easy to secure. Whilst no claims were necessary it was reassuring to know that we were covered in the event of an emergency

Budget Direct A.Budget Direct

Hi Sharon, thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are pleased to hear that the travel insurance provided you with peace of mind and easy to secure, as this is our aim.

JOHN

JOHNSouth East Queensland, QLD

Value for money

Never used before would check them out again next time I travel- seemed to fit in with my plans just right- easy to load up online and pay for the cover

DestinationMiddle East
Budget Direct A.Budget Direct

Hi John, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are glad to hear that you will consider us again next time and you found the process to purchase travel insurance user friendly.

EFM

EFMSouth East Queensland, QLD

Comprehensive Travel Insurance? Rubbish!

Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateOctober 2019

Don

DonSydney, NSW

Your chances of having a satisfactory claim

I was considering getting a Budget Direct domestic insurance policy so I decided to check on what proportion of claims had satisfactory results. All insurance companies are happy to make it easy for you to pay them but some are quite reluctant to pay on claims.
So I counted the positive and negative results of travel claims recorded on Product Review by Budget Direct policy holders. 21 had positive results and 65 negative results.
Go figure your chances of a happy outcome if you have to make a claim. I am looking for another insurer.

DestinationAustralia

Melanie G

Melanie G

Impressive service!

This is the first time I've bought travel insurance through Budget Direct. Easy to purchase online. Had a medical claim which I submitted just after I returned home. It was approved in 24 hours and I had payment within 48 hours. Impressive service!

DestinationAfrica
Claim DateOctober 2019

Ana Carolina Pettirossi

Ana Carolina PettirossiSydney, NSW

I feel that Budget Direct is a scam

I gave them all the context of the claim. I attached all the receipts and they came back with: "Your policy does not have cover for delayed flights with 'crewing' reason".
My policy is their best one (Comprehensive). If my policy does not have, no other policy has too.

I feel like airline and travel insurance companies are aligned to say reasons that neither of them is responsible to pay.

JetStar says: use your travel insurance
Budget Direct travel insurance says: we do not cover

I feel deceived.

Type of ClaimOther and Travel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateOctober 2010
Deb

DebQueensland

Schmick ads .... wait til something goes wrong see how Schmick they are then

Seasoned traveller always use travel insurance
First time budget direct never again ... quick quote and to take my money lodged a claim very legitimate as I had to cancel my trip
Budget Direct made it so difficult so much paperwork and banal re requests took them 4 months of pfaffing around to deny my claim
Just had another holiday used ANOTHER insurer and WILL never use budget direct again
I travel with a couple of girls and we always travel 10weeks plus so us 3 and anyone else who I can tell will NOT use this company

DestinationAfrica
Type of ClaimMedical and Other
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Jo Morton

Jo MortonCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Family holiday

First time used travel insurance
Very easy website to use
Good value for money
Hope it lives up to our expectations
And no claim will be needed

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child

Stuart

StuartHobart, TAS

Good value travel insurance

My recent International Travel Policy to New Zealand covered all the necessary items that I wanted insurance cover on and even more in some cases at a very competitive price. This is the first time I used Budget Direct. I did not need to make a claim.

Budget D.Budget Direct

Thank you for your review Stuart. We are glad to hear that the Budget Direct travel insurance suited your travel needs and more. Our aim is for us to be a competitive price.

So simple

I have only just purchased and am yet to travel. The process could not have.been easier. Great price too. I would have thought I would have received email confirmation with policy details.

David E

David EQLD, 4020

Excellent Service

I recently purchased travel insurance for myself and my wife for a tour in China. Although we have travelled extensively in the past this was the first time that we used Budget Direct Travel Insurance. The web based application was straightforward and easy to to use. We had a small claim for medical expenses that was again easily completed online and dealt with quickly. The online chat service was extremely helpful when I requested additional information. We will certainly use Budget Direct Travel Insurance again and would highly recommend them to others.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim DateSeptember 2019

Great & affordable!

Really easy to use website and received great value with my policy. 2nd time using travel insurance through budget and will be doing again!! Keep up the excellent and amazing work.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
PJM

PJMSouth East Queensland, QLD

Service in a word - Comprehensive

Simple to establish one's required insurance cover.
Budget covered all my needs and the Rental Car Excess was better than the Rental Car offering.
Strongly recommend Budget Direct to all travellers.

Type of ClaimCar/Rental Hire Excess
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Tom T.

Tom T.Sydney, NSW

Perfect one

Great easy to purchase travel insurance. We shave utilized this to travel to Europe . Always have a trustworthy insurer for travel insurance while traveling abroad . We haven’t made any claim but had peace of mind having covered

Robyn

RobynIllawarra, NSW

Just what I Needed!

When I compared for Travel Insurance against several others, Budget Direct offered everything I was after. I found it easy to take out the insurance online which was great for me.

Pam

PamSydney

Easy purchase travel insurance

First time user; Helpful staff, easy to set up, good value and coverage. Haven’t travelled yet so hopefully I’m as happy with it if I have to make a claim.

Budget D.Budget Direct

Hi Pam, thank you for your feedback. We are glad you had this experience when purchasing Travel insurance to protect you on your trip, as our aim is to deliver on great customer service. Have a wonderful trip to New Zealand.

Good value

Easy to setup
This is my first time that i use budget direct for travel, i hope i dont have to claim anything on my trip
I like smooth sailing

Bait

BaitGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Never travel without insurance.

Peace of Mind.
You never no when you gonna need it.
Budget Direct is simple and easy to understand its policies.
I would recommend to family and friends to have travel insurance policies.
We're going overseas nect Marc 2020 again with whloe family hooing awe could get a better deal.
Cheers

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Budget D.Budget Direct

Thank you for your kind words Bait. Our aim is to make the process simple and easy to navigate and we are glad you had this experience. Sounds like will be a great family trip.

See all Budget Direct Travel Insurance reviews