Service in a word - Comprehensive

Simple to establish one's required insurance cover.
Budget covered all my needs and the Rental Car Excess was better than the Rental Car offering.
Strongly recommend Budget Direct to all travellers.

Type of ClaimCar/Rental Hire Excess
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Thank you for your review PJM. We are pleased to hear that our product covered all your travel insurance needs. It is not ideal to have to lodge a claim but we are pleased that your claims experience was resolved in a timely manner as this is our aim.

Perfect one

Great easy to purchase travel insurance. We shave utilized this to travel to Europe . Always have a trustworthy insurer for travel insurance while traveling abroad . We haven’t made any claim but had peace of mind having covered

Claim MadeNo
Thank you for your review Tom T. Our aim is to make the process easy and are glad you got to have this experience with Budget Direct Travel Insurance. Have a wonderful trip to Europe and thank you again, for choosing us to provide you with the peace of mind and protection for your journey aboard.

Just what I Needed!

When I compared for Travel Insurance against several others, Budget Direct offered everything I was after. I found it easy to take out the insurance online which was great for me.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Robyn, thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are glad you had this experience with purchasing online, as our aim is to make it user friendly. Thank you for Budget Direct for your Travel Insurance to offer protection on your journey. Wishing you happy and safe travels!

Easy purchase travel insurance

First time user; Helpful staff, easy to set up, good value and coverage. Haven’t travelled yet so hopefully I’m as happy with it if I have to make a claim.

DestinationNew Zealand
Claim MadeNo
Hi Pam, thank you for your feedback. We are glad you had this experience when purchasing Travel insurance to protect you on your trip, as our aim is to deliver on great customer service. Have a wonderful trip to New Zealand.

Good value

Easy to setup
This is my first time that i use budget direct for travel, i hope i dont have to claim anything on my trip
I like smooth sailing

Claim MadeNo
Hi Tony, thank you for taking the time to write this review. Our aim is to make the purchasing of Travel Insurance an easy process and are greatful that you got to experience this. Wishing you a very happy and smooth sailing trip. Thank you for choosing Budget Direct to protect you on this trip.

Never travel without insurance.

Peace of Mind.
You never no when you gonna need it.
Budget Direct is simple and easy to understand its policies.
I would recommend to family and friends to have travel insurance policies.
We're going overseas nect Marc 2020 again with whloe family hooing awe could get a better deal.
Cheers

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim MadeNo
Thank you for your kind words Bait. Our aim is to make the process simple and easy to navigate and we are glad you had this experience. Sounds like will be a great family trip.

It was very easy like that very much

This time was the first time
I have used you
I haven’t made any claims with an insurance company so I don’t know what you’re really like if I had to make a claim
We leave for a trip on 15 September and return on 13 October

DestinationEurope and North America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim MadeNo
Hi Steve, thank you for taking the time to write your review. Thank you for choosing us for your Travel Insurance to offer you protection on your journey. Have a wonderful trip!

Excellent service

My research showed this policy was good value for money, which proved to be correct.
I did have an unexpected illness which required medical treatment, so unfortunately did have to make a claim which was processed and finalised in less than 24 hours and paid within 3 business days.
This was the first time I have used Budget Direct for travel, and was very impressed. I would definitely recommend them and will be using them again.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateAugust 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Sonia, firstly we are sorry to hear that you suffered an unexpected illness whilst on holiday. We hope you had a speedy recovery given the circumstances. Our aim is to ensure the claim is processed within a timely manner and are glad you had this experience with us.

Travel Insurance

The policy and price where perfect for what we needed. Quick holiday with piece of mind knowing that anything medical would be covered. Website was easy to navigate and created a quote in minutes.

Claim MadeNo
Jenny thank you for taking the time to write your review. Our aim is to provide a seamless process when looking for and purchasing Travel Insurance

Easy and i got your rep to amend my destination quickly. Amended policy sent straightaway

Set up and amendment was quick. Have not lodged a claim. I have used budget direct twice for travel insurance already. Easy to understand and purchase and amendment. Quick action

Insurance Cover For:Adult, Child and Teenager
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim MadeNo
Hi Mae, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Our aim is to ensure the process for all customers is hassle free and we are glad you had this experience with us. Happy and safe travels!

Great product - great price

My trip isn't until later in the year but after researching I found budget direct was good value for money, I completed my application on line and it was quick and easy, I used this company last time we travelled and even thought we did not need to claim we found them good to deal with.
I will post again after we get back from our middle east tour and let you know if there were any issues.

DestinationMiddle East
Claim MadeNo
Ian we hope you have a lovely trip. Thank you for choosing Budget Direct Travel insurance again. We aim to provide great customer service. Happy and safe travels.

Much needed for our Holiday - up up and Away

Great value, well set up, easy on-line set up - my first experience with Budget Direct
My trip is not until next year, I do not anticipate any problems but will get back to you if this occurs.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim MadeNo
We wish you a very safe and happy travel next year Helen. Thank you for choosing Budget Direct Travel insurance.

Easy to buy - but painful when I claimed -

Easy to buy (just like Covermore and 1Cover), and we thought reasonable value for money. But unfortunately we had to make a claim - an entirely valid claim - and we were compensated . . . . eventually!
To put things in perspective, this is only our second claim in 33 years across dozens of travel policies.
The claims department made sure it used up every day of the 10 days that they give themselves to deal with each response that you provide to each request they issue for you to provide further information. They also managed to raise some confused and ambiguous questions which caused at least one unnecessary 10-day cycle. So we eventually got compensation 2 months after lodging our claim online. Oh, and don't forget to check the excess regime - one policy, but we were charged two excesses because we both had to return home due to my ill health. We won't be using Budget Direct again!

Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJune 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Thank you for your feedback regarding your claim experience Tim. When taking out a Budget Direct Travel insurance policy, you are provided with the option to choose an excess of $200, $100 and $0. When claiming under certain sections listed in the benefits table, you are required to pay the excess you nominated when purchasing the policy, as the first part of the claim. Budget Direct travel insurance excesses apply to each insured event, each insured person claiming, and each benefit claimed. We are sympathetic to the circumstances that lead to your claim and we would like you to contact us via our website or on 1800 789 924 so we can then review your feedback and claim experience further.

Would not cover flight delay due to bad weather!!

I purchased "comprehensive" travel insurance from budget direct. It says on their website it covers weather delay. My flight was delayed from bad weather, probably the most common thing to go wrong when travelling. But on putting in a travel insurance claim they refuse to pay it!! Ridiculous! I now need to wait 15 business days for the complaints department to even talk to me! I am extremely disappointed!!! Never have I had this issue with travel insurance before!

Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJuly 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Great value

Easily done in a few minutes on the internet. Great price for fully comprehensive cover and was actually the cheapest quote too. Especially good for aged travellers with minimal health issues.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Senior
Claim MadeNo

Great to have budget insurance cover

i have found budget comprehensive insurance cover very easy to set up online also was my first time using budget for travel and would use it again thank you Vicki

SA Trip

Wanted a fully comprehensive travel insurance for my recent trip and after comparing with several other companies, Budget offered the best value for money. Being able to it online make everything easy preparing for overseas trip.

DestinationAfrica

Happy with the cost

This is the first time we have used this company and we made our decision on the fact that we could have comprehensive cover for only a little more than medical only with other companies. Luckily we did not need to claim as nothing went wrong on our cruise. We will use this company again for our cruise in November.

DestinationAustralia

Excellent service

Got travel insurance twice. Very friendly and helpful staff. Simple online service with great comprehensive insurance. Will definitely recommend to family and friends. Kind regards Wendy.

Insurance claim madeNo

Not so simple if you try to use it

We, my wife and I, recently travelled to China for a short trip. We have always travelled with travel insurance over a period of 40 years - with and without children. We have used the insurance once 20 years ago for a minor accident in the US. Our issue that occurred in China was when we tried to access medical assistance in China and found the language and cultural value made this difficult. So we tried to contact the numbers for China using all possible variations with/ without country codes etc. with no success, then we tried the Australian contact and then the anywhere in the world - still no success. The issue was quite serious with my wife in a great deal of pain and comfort which we carried for four days before returning to Australia with paracetamol for the pain and antibiotics that we brought in case any issue occurred. we went to the doctor immediately on return who administered much stronger antibiotics and stated that hospitilisation for the pain was an option. The dentist and a root canal procedure is currently solving the underlying issue!

My issue is that the contact phone numbers for assistance don't work. Yes my phone was ringing other numbers at home. I guess when you buy the insurance that is so easy to organise, you really need to try the contact numbers first to see if they work, particularly in countries where communication may be difficult. Also, the Australian contact number for 24 hour assistance only works when tried in Australia in normal office hours.

I'm hoping to hear back regards this

Insurance claim madeNo
You know, I thought they might get back to me about what happened and how this company might attempt to improve their product - they did tell me on the phone that they would get back to me. If this had happened, I might thought that they were a company that took responsibility for their product. Nothing but silence ... guess I will look elsewhere for my travel insurance for the next trip. The smooth operation of booking is not enough when I might be uncertain whether it will actually provide a service that DOES give the peace of mind that you have back up in the event that you need medical assistance. Bluey

See all Budget Direct Travel Insurance reviews