Budget Direct Gold Comprehensive Car Insurance

Budget Direct Gold Comprehensive Car Insurance

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Claim Resolution Time3+ months (5), 2-4 weeks (5) and <1 week (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (7) · No (6)

Limited repairer choice and claim doesn't seem to progress without prompting

Only two approved repairers for car damage in Canberra, and one (Gemini) has a terrible reputation. I have to drive my car without a window (just hope it doesn't rain), but 2 weeks after the claim was lodged they tell me it will still be another week before repairs are approved, even though its a very simple glass replacement (no panel or paint damage). Previous insurers I've been with have been much more efficient.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi, thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. If there is anything further we can help with, please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au. Budget Direct.

Jo D.

Jo D.

Fantastic insurance

Great value for money insurance that I purchased for a second vehicle. Have been with Budget Direct for 5 years and never had any problems. Have never made a claim but used the roadside assistance which was very good service.

Car ModelFord Territory SZ TX
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Jo. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great day. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Comprehensive insurance is a must

The premium was reasonable without requiring limited mileage or monitoring devices. I have not lodged a claim. I have been with this Insurer for less than a month. I have not required roadside assistance.

Car Model2009-2015 Alfa Romeo MiTo
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Charles, thanks for this wonderful feedback. It's great to have you with us, we look forward to being your continued Insurer of choice. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Car Insurance

Find out how Budget Direct Gold Comprehensive Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

Easy and quick

Easy and quick experience to take out a comprehensive car policy online.
All good thus far but it is only early days so far. So there not anything else that I can say for now.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Paul, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great day. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Much cheaper than their competitors

Just switched over from RACV. Much better value for money and it was easy and quick to make the switch with no red tape. Would recommend to others in the future.

Car ModelHilux rugged x
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Elle, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great day. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

AlfistaSydney, NSW

Ok but pricing is all over the place

I did 3 separate online quotes over 20mins and it got more expensive with each quite. When I called to see if they would honour my first quote said no.

Worst insurance

I was involved in a not at fault accident. Total cost of damages were $25,000 (the vehicle was bought brand new 6 months prior to the accident). Budget direct would not assist us to review our case and push for a new replacement. The repairs took 3 months to complete. Furthermore, I could not get a courtesy car after the initial fortnight!! Worst ever service and would not recommend to anybody!

Car ModelToyota Corolla E210 Hatch Hybrid ZR
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateFebruary 2020
Kerry

KerryGippsland, VIC

Very helpful

Very helpful and would highly recommend them to anyone happy with the deal they gave me and good prices for package I received and easy to set up thanks to the team

Car ModelHolden Captiva CG CX
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Kerry, thanks for this wonderful feedback. It's great to have you with us, we look forward to being your continued Insurer of choice. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Never made a claim but still refuse to insure because service providers negligence.

Shane R.
Shane R.

Comprehensive

Pricing on offer was good, fast online insurance and was offered roadside assistance. Happy with the monthly price. Highly Recommend budget to friends and family. All the information needed explained well online.

Car ModelToyota HiLux
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Beau, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great afternoon. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Easy to get it all sorted!

Policy has great level of inclusions and at a value for money price. Have not used Budget Direct previously but will certainly get a quote when my other vehicle insurance is up for renewal.

Car ModelToyota HiLux MK6
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Craig, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great week. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Wildhog26

Wildhog26

Its what I currently need for my 2nd car which is used once a week.

I only dislike one part of the policy and that is it doesn't have agreed value. My car is a collectable and as such should be insured for an agreed value.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Wildhog26, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great week. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Eric W

Eric WSouth East Queensland, QLD

This is perfect, good value for money!!

I have only been with Budget Direct for a couple weeks now, have had no issues at all. Signing up was easy and the staff are lovely. Would highly recommend!

Claim MadeNo
Car ModelFord Courier PH (2004-2006)
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Eric, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great week. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Good value

I have 2 house insured with budget direct as well which ive had policies for 4 years, no claims, i would like to know if lm eligible for the $60 efpos card with my new car policy.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Ian, thanks for getting in touch. It's great you have chosen us to be your Insurer of choice. We'll be happy to look in to this further, if you can please email your policy details to social@budgetdirect.com.au. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Yousef Riad

Yousef RiadGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Insurance like its meant to be - Budget direct

Just wanted to add my own personal review with Budget direct.

My new car was involved in an accident ( our fault) 1 month ago.

Long story short Budget direct covered us in the most convenient way ever.

Great experience.

Forever grateful

Car ModelToyota RAV4
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claimant is the policy holderYes
Claim DateJuly 2020
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Yousef, this is excellent to read! Thank you for trusting us as your Insurer of choice. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Great Value for money

Karen at Customer Service was wonderful; set my new policy up with ease and kindness, and made sure I understood everything along the way- she made it a great experience.

Car ModelHyundai Accent
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Holly, this is fantastic to read! Thank you for taking the time to provide this great feedback. We look forward to being your continued Insurer of choice. Cheers, Budget Direct.

A V

A VSydney, NSW

Best value for money

Best value for money

I had a few specific requirements and the guys were extremely helpful. More than happy. The windshield replacement excess down to just 40 bucks was very nice.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi A V, thanks for taking the time to leave your valuable feedback. It's great to have you with us, and we look forward to being your continued Insurer of choice. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Sharlissa Reed

Sharlissa ReedEyre Peninsula, SA

Superior product

The policy was incredibly easy to set up. It was easy to understand. Took no time at all. All options were explained to me clearly. The premiums were also very low.

Car ModelHyundai Elantra
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Sharlissa, this is wonderful to read! Thanks for choosing us to look after your most prized possessions, we look forward to being your continued Insurer of choice. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Perfect option for me as a new driver

Covered from the time I picked up my car from the dealership. I feel that my overall premiums are very affordable and I am covered for anything that might happen! The lovely folks I spoke to on the phone were wonderful and reassuring that the products I purchased were right for me!

Car ModelHolden Astra
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Adele, this is excellent to read! It's great to have you with us, we look forward to being your continued Insurer of choice. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Tessa V

Tessa VGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Hopeless in your time of need!!!

I’ve been with Budget Direct for several years for home insurance and it’s been 6 months and my claim is still not resolved!! Really hopeless in your time of need and use delay tactics like asking for unnecessary information. I warn everyone I know about my experience and advise strongly not to use them!!! They clearly spend all their money on advertising and recruiting new claims but none on anything else including legitimate claims!!! I don’t want anyone else to go through what I have been through so please don’t waste your time with them!!

Claim Resolution Time3+ months