Budget Direct Gold Comprehensive Car Insurance

Budget Direct Gold Comprehensive Car Insurance

Car Insurance Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of car insurance would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.3

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction

Tony PotterSouth East Queensland, QLD

I think the policy is great

The person that I was talking to was not pleasant to talk to at all. I nearly put the phone down and dialled youii and I’m still thinking about it.

Car ModelToyota Corolla
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Perfect...just what the doctor ordered

in this time of belt tightening.... with 3 cars in the family, i decided to look for insurance which cover my basic need and cost conscious. With Budget Direct, I have FOUND IT !! Annual saving for the family about $1,800.... Thank you Budget Direct...

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Fikri, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great week. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Great price saved hundreds.

Policy is just right for me, right price for me, and instead of paying $665 I to a company I have lost faith in, I paid $225 less very happy budget customer here.

Car ModelSuzuki Swift AZ Sport
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Millie, it's great to see we've saved you money on your Insurance. Welcome to Budget Direct!

Car Insurance

Find out how Budget Direct Gold Comprehensive Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

Marie Delinaoum

Marie DelinaoumSydney, NSW

Great Value

Policy is good value. And no bad experiences.Easy to set up & I'm happy l change insurance company, much more value for money... I would recommend it to Family and Friend's.

Car ModelBMW 3 Series E46
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Marie, this is wonderful to see! It's great we're looking after your most prized possessions, and we look forward to being your continued Insurer of choice. - Budget Direct.

Tony

TonySouth East Queensland, QLD

This is perfect. Complete peace of mind

This policy is extremely good value for money. It is $30 a month cheaper than my previous insurer. I also now have 24/7 road side assist which I did not have with my previous insurer.

Car ModelMazda 3 BL
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Tony, this is excellent to read! Thanks for taking the time to let us know, and we look forward to being your continued Insurer of choice. - Budget Direct.

Joanne Coggin

Joanne CogginSydney, NSW

Still waiting for the papers to me

It was a good price over the phone and I was told you would send out in the mail the policy so I can have a copy of it the keep with my rego papers and green slip.

Great product

My policy was awesome, after speaking to someone I was upgraded to new for old at no extra cost because my car is brand new. Haven’t had a bad experience with budget and hoping it stays that way

Car ModelNissan Navara NP300 4x4
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great day. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Good value

Policy was good value in comparison to my previous insurer with over 50% in savings. The website was user friendly and easy to navigate. I appreciated how quick it was to set up the policy.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Lauren, it's great to see we've saved you money on your Insurance. Welcome to Budget Direct!

Jordan

JordanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Extremely helpful and friendly staff. I am very pleased

I highly recommend budget to anyone looking for car insurance, They were extremely helpful and friendly. I had my insurance set up and ready to go within 30 minutes. Thanks guys

Car ModelHolden Commodore VE
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Jordan. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great day. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Glen

GlenRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Great fast quote.

Policy is comprehensive and quick to set up. I compared Budget to other insurance companies. They were the most reviewed with a five star rating.
I would highly recommend Budget Direct to anyone.

Car ModelNissan Pathfinder R52
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Glen, this is fantastic to read! Thank you for taking the time to provide this great feedback. We look forward to being your continued Insurer of choice. Cheers, Budget Direct.

Quick and simple.

The Insurance was quick and very simple to do on line. Also doing the online damage report is really easy to do with the online app. Thank you Budget Direct.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Happy, that's excellent! Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. We look forward to being your continued Insurer of choice. Cheers, Budget Direct.

Fantastic cover great policy and freindly staff

Policy was efficently set up. Policy of great value. Yet to lodge a claim.aproxiamately 3 years of being with budget direct insurance. Have roadside assistance but yet to use the service.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Pete, this is fantastic to read! Thank you for taking the time to provide this great feedback. We look forward to being your continued Insurer of choice. Cheers, Budget Direct.

Pavan

PavanVictoria

Is this even legal?

Paulo L.

Paulo L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Beware of no-fault claims disclosure

I'm currently shopping around for a new insurer as mine has gone up 40% despite being rating 1 and no at-fault claims. When I did the on-line quote I got 2 very different quotes depending on whether i had put in a claim (where I was not at fault and the other party paid for repairs) in the last 3 years. The difference was over $200/yr. I am staggered that a driver would be penalised for a no-fault claim. Apparently, it is what the underwriters decide.
I also note that another posting commented on a policy not being honoured for not disclosing a previous no-fault claim.

Lies and Coercion

I had a claim rejected because I used my own repairer and was told I had to use their own, even though I pay a premium specifically to have choice of repairer. The repairer they assigned me is on the other side of the country! I received a message after making the claim that someone would contact me within four hours. It took four days. And then they told me they were over four thousand kilometres away and couldn't help me. So I got the repairs done myself and now have to fight Budget to be reimbursed. They are a joke and I will go elsewhere as soon as this policy is expired. They also claim a 4.5 "honest customer" review despite this site showing 3.8 and declining.

Claim ApprovedNo

Samuel Blogg

Samuel BloggGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

You don't save much money and the service is terrible

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateApril 2020
Claim ApprovedYes
Car ModelSuzuki Jimny
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Terrible experience in my claim of stolen car

I have been with budget from many year and never had any claims till feb this year when my car (Audi A4 2017)got stolen and it was recovered after 1 week in ok condition but with missing keys.
Since car has been to track right1 and then to brighton panels and now to audi zagame.
They paid for rental car for first 4 weeks(2 weeks as policy and 2 weeks extension) and i am without car since then. As of today (30 april) i still have no clue as when i will get my car back.
I have lodged dispute with idr team in mid march and a guy called me back after 4 weeks to suggest me that there is not much they can do and i have to wait. He further ensure that car is almost ready and will b ready to pik by 16 april.
I am not sure as what i could do next.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateFebruary 2020
Claim ApprovedYes
Car ModelAudi A4 B9
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Raja. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au and we will be happy to look into this for you. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Regards, Budget Direct.

Raja
Raja

Hi i have provided the policy number so can check from there. It is still going as i havent got my car back yet. It is still with repairers after almost 3 months of the incident.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Raja. Please email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au and we will be happy to look into this for you. Regards, Budget Direct.

Frustrating

It's taken me an entire day and numerous phone calls just to renew a policy! I Had my old car with budget direct (gold comprehensive and no claims) and just bought a brand new car. I wanted to get insurance for my new car and the call centre team don't seem to know what they are doing. I have been put on hold numerous times and was originally quoted $790 and confirmed via phone that would be the final price and then when I finally received half (yes only half) of the policy it was for $1090... I am now back on the phone and have been placed on hold foe the past 20mins... which is why I've had time to write this review. She's stated I'm already locked in so I can't even change insurance. Cannot express my frustration enough!

Car ModelHyundai Kona
Amon

AmonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Absolute Dogs!!

These people are absolute dogs. Don’t care about you or your situation. Took over 6 weeks to resolve a claim and over 20 hours worth of phone call.I also have a newborn baby and had to use my wife's car and my family was stuck at home. They said they didn’t give a damn about my situation. I was left in the dark the whole time. Had to track down different departments myself. Was told false information by a nob end called [name removed] in the claims department. Would definitely not recommend these dogs!!

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateJanuary 2020
Claim ApprovedNo

Adds terms and conditions including extras after

Budget direct added an additional extra because I'm under 25, this was not mentioned anywhere before I got the insurance. It does not make sense. How can a listed driver be made to pay additional excess for something the company already knows.

See all Budget Direct Car Insurance reviews