Bugaboo Donkey

Bugaboo Donkey

Duo, Mono and Twin

Headache.

I read all the reviews before buying the bugaboo donkey and thought it would be great, However it's just a big bundle of stress. Don't get me wrong it has its perks, it looks great and comfortable to push around, but if you like to browse around shops or even around the streets it's so difficult. Heavy, you need a very big trunk in your car and bearly fits in doorways, shopping aisles or anywhere for that matter. Wouldn't recommend this for anyone living in a city centre.

Hi Johnaldinho, Thank you for sharing your review. Your feedback is really important to us as it helps improve our products. We will pass your feedback onto our design team at HQ as we are continually innovating, prototyping, testing and refining our prams and accessories. The Bugaboo team

Worst purchase I have ever made! Quality is absolutely rubbish for the price

I had a bugaboo cam3 with my first born and absolutely loved it so when I was expecting my second child there was with no doubt I was going to purchase the donkey. I purchased my pram in July of 2017. At the beginning I wasn’t to sure if I had made the right choice and since then I have had my frame replaced as it was crooked, underbasket, seat fabric and a seat frame! The foam in the frame started to split after only a few months and the fabric stiching was coming undone not to mention the frame was tilted to one side and the basket was playing up and would catch everytime I collapsed the pram. when I met with the bugaboo rep even she admitted all my issues were not right for the age of the pram! I had my frame replaced with a 2016 frame when I originally had a 2017, my basket was replaced with a donkey2 basket and now my pram looks all mis matched and like a fake! the stiching is coming undone again and I can see the same little splits in the frame! Not to mention my phone holder which is $50 alone is broken. Please beware just because you are paying more doesn’t mean you are getting the best! I like to keep my things neat and look after my pram but not the quality you would expect on a $2 thousand + product.

Hi Thalia, Thank you for sharing your review. We’re sorry to hear you have not had a positive experience with your Bugaboo pram. We understand that you have previously been in contact with the service team to resolve the issues you have been experience and would really love the opportunity to reopen the conversation and come to a satisfactory solution. We have passed your review onto the team and hope that you will contact them again at service.au@bugaboo.com. Thanks again for your feedback! The Bugaboo teamOfcourse bugaboo respond on here and send you 1 response and after that nothing. I sent another email asking what was happening with no reply. They are not as willing to help you as they make outHi Thalia, We have spoken with our service team, who have been in correspondence with you and understand some issues you are experiencing fall under wear and tear, however any issues covered under warranty have and will be rectified. We are sorry you feel there has been a lack of communication, and we have confirmed with service they received your most recent correspondence, which has been replied too last week. Please do let us know if you have not received that response. The Bugaboo Team

Amazing!

How amazing is this pram!! It has every feature you could ask for, looks stylish and rolls easy. The kids fit perfectly in it and looks comfortable. I would recommend this pram to everyone and definately think it’s worth the money paid. A lot of people don’t like the price but you get what you pay for

Hi Sian S, Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Donkey. We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. The Bugaboo team 

Love it

The bugaboo donkey duo is a great pram. As I only have one baby I have used in the mono version and the side cart has been a lifesaver when it comes to shopping and being able to store nappy bag and toys at arms reach. When in duo version it’s great as u can change the seats facing options and the capsule attachments are super handy with a newborn

Hi CJR, Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Donkey. We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. The Bugaboo team

Yes and No

Bugaboo Donkey.. oh my bugaboo donkey..
I had to have this pram, it was sitting in the store all high and mighty..

This was for kid 2!
Sold it to my hubby that you could put the baby in the basket and turn the bassinet into an esky! Lol.. joking but I did say that!

Best pram I could think of for 1 kid! I think it has a certain ‘status’ when pushing it through centres etc that people get outta your way!

Love the basket attachment, very great way to hide a bit of a crappy design

Now we had a 3 year old, and then pumped out 3 kids under 2, which I am glad we got the bug because it was not expected.. lol

As a heavily pregnant woman with 2 toddlers, it was HEAVY! So so HEAVY and I had to lift it high! The locking mechanism broke on ours the first week we had it so I have assumed that it how it was meant to be, you try being 8 months pregnant and that thing open as you’re lifting into the back of a Ute and slam you.. heavy!

It is very ‘loose’ framed, I mean mine touches something uneven and it’s like NOPE! Not going up there lift me! Like I said 2 toddlers, baby in the pouch, 6 year old not too strong to help... and squat and lift..

I find as a double it is just trash! Proper trash! The hoods always fall off because the catch in one another and they are this crap design that has 6 pieces instead of clip all together, go..

The seats and design are crap, they’re hard as a rock, itchy and the lever you use to lay them back is flimsy and you really have to give it some to get it to move
Everyone think half asleep baby, shaken baby, awake baby..

Also they reckon it can fit through a standard doorway in double mode.. WRONG! Kids will lose a finger or 2, the hoods will be pulled off, your 2000 dollar pram will be damaged and so will all the door frames you walk through! .

It is bloody expensive, for a single pram great but cheaper better options out there.. for a double, nasty and expensive, seems that’s the way of the world...

I wouldn’t recommend anyone to buy one at all, and after my experience with bugaboo, I wouldn’t recommend any of their products..

I wouldn’t even sell mine second hand, I wouldn’t give it away.
Yes we have had a lot of miles covered in it, however, the only reason I didn’t buy a new one was because I spent $2000 on a pram and I had to live with the regret of my decision!

Don’t do it!!!

Hi Jes, Thank you for sharing your review. Your feedback is really important to us as it helps improve our products. We will pass your feedback onto our design team at HQ as we are continually innovating, prototyping, testing and refining our prams and accessories. If you would like to discuss your concerns further please contact our customer service at service.au@bugaboo.com The Bugaboo team

Very expensive and not worth it

OK it is easy to maneuver BUT not easy to unfold!!! The front wheels was warbling from 5 months old and after 1 year the handle start peel off. I contact the shop i purchase and contact with customer service before 1 year but no one did any things about it.

Hi Feri G, Thank you for sharing your review. We’re sorry to hear you have not had a positive experience with your Bugaboo pram. We have passed your review onto our customer service team; please contact the team at service.au@bugaboo.com as we would really like the opportunity to resolve the issue/s you are experiencing. Thanks again for your feedback! The Bugaboo team

Superb pram! But with important things to consider.

PROS:
First & foremost, it is so darn nice to look at. It is a VERY good-looking pram!
It's so reliable & durable. The large wheels are fantastic & allow for smooth walks without having to avoid cracks or bumps on the path.
It's easy to steer & I regularly use it as a jogging pram (the wheels can go a little crazy if you jog too fast, so you just have to adjust your speed appropriately).
The side basket is invaluable and when I see prams without one, I think "HOW DO YOU MANAGE WITH JUST THE UNDER BASKET!?" It is appropriately named, 'Donkey' because you can pile a tonne of things on it & go on your merry way!
The mechanics are straightforward & easily adjustable. The seat cover can be just as easily removed and washed.

CONS:
The pram is heavy & takes up an inconvenient amount of space in the boot.
The seat seems a bit small, my 10 month old's head (quite the tall chap) is almost touching the top!
I also wish the seat had a setting between upright and very upright. The upright position is a little too far back for my liking and I feel bub jerking his head forward to get a better view. The very upright position is awkward and looks as if bub might fall right out!
The clasp that allows for extending the handle is too close to bub's feet. He tends to muck around with it by flipping it open with his foot - very annoying.

I bought mine off Gumtree for $600 & knowing its full retail price of $2,000 I can't help but wonder if it is really worth it? If I had paid the full price, firstly, I'd expect it to be absolutely PERFECT without any floors, & secondly, I'd be too worried to leave the house with it for fear of putting a scratch on it! And that is NOT what prams are for.
The beauty of the Bugaboo name is that money can be made off it once you're done, the brand has great resale value as people will will always think it's part of the "Elite Team".

Would I spend more than $600 on a pram? No, because there are plenty of other fantastic prams out there for that price. If I had spent $2,000 I wouldn't be able to afford any extras because all Bugaboo accessories are absurdy expensive (example: cup holder, $50). If you're rolling in it and have the money, go for it, otherwise, don't be dismayed, there are other superb prams out there that simply don't have the label BUGABOO branded on them.

Hi Mama Bear, Thank you for sharing your review, your feedback is really important to us as it helps improve our products and nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Donkey. If your little one is reaching the top of the seat, he may be reaching the seat cap which is in place due to Australian Standards. At your discretion it is possible to remove the seat cap and create more room. Please also note that we do not recommend running with the Bugaboo Donkey2. We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. The Bugaboo team 

worst pram ever

worst pram so heavy broke my back wouldn't fit in door ... doesn't fit in my suv .. never again . I had a valco baby but became pregnant with my second child../I sold It and purchased the biggest regret .. I started using it as a single and just picking it up to put it in the car was a struggle .. I then gave birth and couldn't even fit this pram through the checkout aisle so embarrassing

Hi Mary, Thank you for sharing your review. We’re sorry to hear you have not had a positive experience with your Bugaboo pram. We have passed your review onto our customer service team; please contact the team at service.au@bugaboo.com as we would really like the opportunity to resolve the issue/s you are experiencing. Thanks again for your feedback! The Bugaboo team

Can't wait to push my babies in this!

I chose the bugaboo donkey because I really needed something that would attach 2 Maxi Cosi Carseats side by side.
This Bugaboo is ridiculously easy to steer. For the first 6 months I'll just use the frame, then move onto the seats when they're a bit bigger. I think it will be a worthwhile investment for twins!

Hi Sahebear, Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing your excitement for the Bugaboo Donkey - and best of luck with your twins! We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. The Bugaboo team 

Perfect pram for twins

I bought this pram for my little twins and it serviced very well.
With bassinets, babies can sleep during travelling and that’s what we want because we spent quite a lot of time going to different places.
Pram can just go through a standard door but with maxi cosi car seats on, it becomes very hard to do so.
Pram can be unfolded and put into a car boot easily.

Hi Martin, Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Donkey and little twins! We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. The Bugaboo team 

Love my bugaboo donkey

I purchased the bugaboo donkey mono from david jones when on clearance for $1099. You pay extra for everything with bugaboo so also had to purchase a hood (about $100) and cup holder for $50. This is my 2nd pram having first purchased a silvercross which bub refused to sit in. Bugaboo donkey is amazingly smooth and donkey comes with a side basket which is probably my favourite thing about the pram. Note only the donkey has this side basket. Pram is big and heavy although this is pretty much the deal with all good prams which have a decent storage basket underneath.

Hi Emma29, Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Donkey! We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. The Bugaboo team 

I adore this pram!

I love this pram! It's super easy to push and steer. I chose it so when the second bub comes along, I can have them side by side (facing me, facing out of facing different ways!). The shopping basket has made life so easy - perfect for the nappy bag and saves me bending over to get things out from underneath. It is slightly heavier than other prams I looked at, but that's the pay off for all it's features (in saying that, it's not too heavy for me at all). Folding it takes some practice but is then easy. The Bugaboo customer service is also good!

Hi Beth, Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Donkey. We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. The Bugaboo team 

Loved my donkey!

Absolutely loved my Bugaboo Donkey. Was great to be able to change from mono to duo when needed. Loved the extendable hood, large basket, decent sized seats and to be able to add an umbrella and cup holder was awesome! My 3 year old LOVED that feature. Was a fairly heavy pram and a pain to fold away but loved the features.

BEST PRAM EVER!!!

A FABULOUS pram. I have used it as both a duo and a twin, and its brilliant both ways.
Its easy to maneuver...for walking/jogging/running its great - Very light.
Folding up and down is easy, and I LOVE the way it fits through a normal door way - what other twin pram does this??? :):)

Perfect! Easy to use- best pram of the 5 we purchased

I wish we purchased it with our first as it's the best pram ever and it has an excellent resale value too! Important note- you can tilt the seat back without lifting the chair- there's a white leaver on the back of the chairs. Basket holds a whole grocery shop surprisingly and takes more than the weight they recommend without any damage- easy to clean ours didn't fade at all either but we never left outside

AWESOME.

VERY easy to maneuver- i am SO surprised that its so easy to fold and store away, Yes its big, its just fits in my CX5 Mazda, but its a double stroller. I dont like how the handles dont spin around on the bassinet seats however the depth and size of the bassinets seats is great and also very sturdy. Very impressed that it can be made into a single stoller with the carry case, definitely worth the price.

Can not live with out!

This pram is fantastic. I honestly would not have survived the first year with my twins with out it! The girls were in the bassinets at home and when we were out when they were newborns and when we were out I would just attach the wheeley board and pop my 3 year only on the back. The fact that I can have all three kids on the one pram is amazing!! The kids can sit up right in it and against a table so no need for highchairs at every restaurant. It fits everywhere or I usually make it fit everywhere! It's super easy to maneuver, cold and unfold!! It is the best invention for mums!!

Our twin babies' Rolls-Royce

We had to look for a stroller when we found out that we were having twins. We checked and test drive many twin strollers at shops. Then we chose Bugaboo Donkey for our babies because of its easy maneuver and solidness. The basinets were big enough for them until 7 months and changed to the seats.
The problem is that it is very difficult to travel on a public transport because of its wideness. Also it use most of space in the back of a car when we travel by a car.

Great for my 3 young kids

Very easy to manoeuvre! In duo it's a little bit wide which is expected for a side by side pram!
I have the pram in duo with the comfort board attached for my 3 year old! As a pram it's brilliant!
I'm not happy with how bugaboo put 'build dates' on the pram effecting the resale!
I also wish the frame folded flat for the boot instead of on a very steep angle. It's a pain taking all the wheels off to get it flat.

Great

Still waiting for baby to arrive so pram isn't allowed in house yet bad luck u know so haven't had a play only in store but out of all the prams /pushers this is the best out of the bunch so to speak love the versitilty of the extra things that you can do and how it fells to push and the quality