Carpet Call Laminate Flooring

Carpet Call Laminate Flooring

Poor quoting! Installers should be quoting!

Carpet call need to change the way they quote your job. Currently having parador laminate flooring installed. Layers turn up today and we have a bill of over $2000 for FLOOR PREP. This should have been checked at the check measure carpet call do. Will never use or recommend them again.

Hi Lisa, I am sorry to hear that you feel this way. The store advised that you could have a step at the areas that needed to be adjusted or the layer could quote you for floor prep. Flooring layers offered you the following on the day and you wanted the more expensive option taken. Small steps at the doorways Build ramps with ardit $600 Raise the entire floor $2000.We were never informed about "step up" areas. We went with the option the floor layer said would be best. Regardless your "final check measure" should be done by the layer so they know exactly what areas they are laying the product on. The customer also know exactly how much extra they are looking at. Happy to take a deposit from the customer before even seeing the floor.

Poor install and after customer service

The Manage of the Browns Plains store came out to do the quote and told us there will no issue in replacing our carpet with laminate flooring that he "recommended".
The edges of the other rooms that met the laminate flooring had no trims or finish to the extent where we could not even close the other doors running off this area.
The installers had told us that this was "not their job" After we voiced our extreme disappointment and said I was taking it further with the store and head office that they agreed to come back the next day to help us. The floor creaks and is noisy to where you can hear the cat walk on it, and she is only a small cat.

Dear Donna, I’m sorry to hear about your poor experience at our store. We really appreciate you taking the time to offer us feedback and giving us the chance to make this right for you. We’d love to follow up the situation. Please provide us with your invoice number and we will investigate.

Installers are scam artists, and little care is taken with finishing touches.

The company are well priced, but they don't tell you the whole story. They came out and quoted on laminate flooring. No problems with the existing floor they said. Installers come, and fleece me out of $300 otherwise they "can't offer me a warranty on the installation". They spent less than an hour laying a small amount of self levelling concrete. The difference was unnoticeable. Also, half the trim wasn't glued down properly (i had to do it myself) and they sicaflexed a piece of my kitchen back in wrong! So i had to cut and seal it down properly. I suggest if Carpet call want to subcontract all their work, they may want to ensure they're not hiring people like this. All care no responsibility i suppose ?

Dear Dan, I’m sorry to hear about your poor experience. We really appreciate you taking the time to offer us feedback and giving us the chance to make this right for you. We’d love to follow up the situation. Please provide us with your invoice number and store you dealt with and we will investigate.

Stressful and Costly Experience.. Never Again!

I am writing this review on behalf of my elderly parents who are pensioners.
1 The salesman at Castle Hill gave my parents a quote but he failed to mention anything about the preparation costs. He said the job would take only 2 days.
2 My parents ended up paying $2500 extra to the installer plus another $300 to get somebody to fix the stairs.
3 The experienced tradesman didn’t see anything wrong with the stairs.
4 They paid extra money for the trims which should have be included in the initial quote.
5. What made it worse and extremely stressful was that the Castle Hill store never answered their phone. When they finally answered we didn’t get much help at all.
6. It was a nightmare... we would NEVER recommend Carpet Call to anybody!

Dear Mary, this is a duplicate post and again we comment as follows. Like any construction material Vinyl and Hard flooring must be carefully installed to ensure that it performs at its best and conforms with Australian Standards. Subfloor preparation is a very important part of the installation process and each customer’s subfloor condition will vary from not needing any floor prep to floors that require considerable remedial work. An improper job can result in expensive repercussions which can include the need to pull the entire floor up and reinstall or the flooring to fail and not last. It is difficult to see the state of many floors until the installation process starts. There is no obligation for our customers to proceed with floor prep if costs are prohibitive. It is clearly written on the invoice that any floor prep or trims are to be paid by the layer directly so there is no confusion.

Sub-standard Products

New build home not yet a year old, Scotia Beading losing its colour. Carpet Call blame moisture or a vacuum. Scotia not covered by their warranty! Definitely not moisture and whether it is the vacuum or not it should be fit for basic cleaning. When a company has no warranty for something they clearly have no faith in the product - sub-standard!

We are sorry to hear about the issues you are having, what is your invoice number so we can follow this up.098 745 60893 - This is the number that was on the email correspondence sent to me.

Hardwood Flooring :: Stock unavailability Issue :: No Resolution and pathetic customer service

The order was placed on 07/03/2019 with Carpet Call, Alexandria Store for supply and installation of hardwood laminate flooring product UL1459. Based on the stock availability the installation date was given as 15/03/2019. As the installation premise happens to be a strata regulated unit, I had requested for a few documents from CARPET CALL for strata approval before 15/03/2019, however, there was no response and the work was delayed. On 18/03/2019, I called the store again and was advised that the strata documentation has been already sent out (Which was missed because of incorrect recipient email address). I finally got the documents on Wednesday, 20/03/2019 with proposed date of installation as 23/03/2019. Later same day Carpet call advised that they don't have the stock and flooring can't happen this month. When requested for an affirmative date no response was advised. I finally spoke to the state manager who looks after the stocks and was given an option to upgrade to a new product/colour with 3 options. I was asked to go to the store early morning (I had to skip my work). When I went to the store and selected the product (https://www.carpetcall.com.au/shop-our-range/hard-flooring/laminate/classic-1050/pa2534/), I was advised that the shortlisted product is also out of stock and that they can't deliver. This is a breach of commitment and policy. From customer point of view, I had have had multiple follow ups, phone calls and even visited store multiple times but as CARPET CALL was not ready to help us we could not reach to an amicable solution. We have just completed the painting work with spoiled carpet all over and unfortunately have to move in to our new property with dirty carpet.

Problems: Customer was not advised about the stock unavailability and that the installation was not scheduled to happen. Multiple follow ups with CARPET CALL from 08/03/2019 to 21/03/2019 with no call back received ever with a very tragic customer service experience

People Engaged: [name removed] (Store Manager), [name removed] (Store Sales Person), [name removed] (State Manager), [name removed] (Operations Manager)

Dear Amit , I’m sorry to hear about your poor experience at our store. We really appreciate you taking the time to offer us feedback and giving us the chance to make this right for you. We’d love to follow up the situation. Please provide us with your invoice number and we will investigate.Invoice Number: 15168

Looks Great

The floor looks great. Didn't expect it to look so good and the difference it has made to the room. It was so Easy to arrange over the phone hassle free. Thank you!

Thank you very much for the positive comments. Our teams work hard to offer quality products and a friendly service. I’m so glad your experience was enjoyable and I will pass your feedback on to the team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future or assisting friends you have recommended to Carpet Call.

Elegant Flooring Great Job!

It is very hard to find trusty and professional tradespersons but I have. Tim and his crew from Elegant Flooring were exceptional and very professional. Even coming up with problem solving ideas so that the floors looked great. On completion the crew cleaned up and Tim walked me through and advised on how to clean to keep the floors looking like new. Advice on new skirting was more than welcome.

VERY HAPPY!!

Fantastic service and excellent job from Carpet Call Belrose to there Layer Dan and his team . He kept me up to date and worked extra hours to get the job right and was at all times professional and courteous , highly recommended and very happy with the end result thank you