Carpet Call Timber Flooring

Great service and assistance.

After shopping for product and price I found Elais from the Springvale Store extremely helpful and attentive.
He promptly came out, measured up and organised pricing we were happy to commit to

Carpet Crooks

Don't step foot in their showrooms. They want full payment BEFORE they do any work. That's just asking for trouble, because they won't have any incentive to do a proper job. No guarantee they will even rock up.

A deposit should be enough good will on the consumer to complete the job.
But if you depart with the deposit, you won't see it back, as they don't have a "cooling off" period, believe it or not.

You have been warned.

Dear Syd, I’m sorry to hear about your poor experience at our store. We really appreciate you taking the time to offer us feedback and giving us the chance to make this right for you. We’d love to follow up the situation. Please provide us with your invoice number and store you dealt with and we will investigate.

WARNING No Manufacture Warranty

They say their manufactureres have a warranty but when it comes to the crunch, carpet call wipe their hands of any after care or responsibility. They don't call you back and leave you hanging. They shift to manufacturer and say marks on wood are not a fault. Many of my guests say they thought we had stains on our flooring.

Job Satisfaction
Dear Teena, I’m sorry to hear that the product purchased at our store has not met your expectations. We really appreciate you taking the time to offer us your feedback and giving us the chance to make this right for you. We’d love to follow up the situation. Please provide us with your invoice number and store you dealt with and we will investigate.Dear Teena, Further to this our Operations Manager has inspected the flooring and we have also passed on these details to the manufacturer. There is no fault with the floor and the markings are simply a part of the print and the flooring's character. The manufacturer is very reputable and we have laid thousands and thousands of metres of this product.

Colour worn off

Floor has a 15 year warranty. I have complained about the colour wearing off and I was sent a bottle of stain and told to rub on and spray a clear coat of varnish. I have had your company come out and nothing is going to be done. Wouldn’t recommend

Job Satisfaction
Dear Angela, I’m sorry to hear that the product purchased at our store has not met your expectations. We really appreciate you taking the time to offer us your feedback and giving us the chance to make this right for you. We’d love to follow up the situation. Please provide us with your invoice number and store you dealt with and we will investigate.Invoice number 76235. Store was Bella Vista. The floor is faulty. I have two other company’s tell me that it’s faulty and I should be taking it to the Department of Fair Trading. So I would appreciate if your company follows this through.Dear Angela, can you please forward your phone number to webreporting@carpetcall.com.au so we can get in touch.

Love the new look with timber floors

I just recently refurbished one of my bedrooms by removing the old carpet and putting in these hard timber floors and they look awesome!!
The guys at Carpet call Marsden Park were great and know their stuff. Thanks Masi for all your help from choosing the timber right through till it's installation. I'll be back for my other rooms.

Job Satisfaction

Call, call carpetcall? - Don't!!

Shocking experience with this crowd. Ordered a particular product and arranged for installation stressing the need for the job to be completed in time for a tenant to move into the house. Had to pay an extra $150 after being informed later that product was not in stock and had to be shipped from Vic. The night before installation, the sales rep calls to tell us there has been an "accident" in the warehouse and the flooring is unavailable. With only 3 days until tenant arrives the rep recommended a more expensive product and will 'bump us up" at no extra charge. Discovered later that an inferior flooring was installed which turned out to be $10 sqm cheaper. Chased a refund for 5 weeks before the difference was acknowledged. The flooring is one that we originally specifically rejected because of noise but we are now stuck with. A request for compensation completely ignored. Strongly recommend that you shop elsewhere.

Job Satisfaction
Dear Michael, I’m sorry to hear about your poor experience at our store. We really appreciate you taking the time to offer us feedback and giving us the chance to make this right for you. We’d love to follow up the situation. Please provide us with your invoice number and store you dealt with and we will investigate.97221 at Burleigh

Saggy floor two days after installation - no reply from Carpet Call

Had timber floors installed on the 8th of July 2019 at Elizabeth Bay NSW. Two days later, an area of around 1 sq. m. became saggy. Contacted CC via phone, they promised to call back, it never happened. Called second time, still no one returned the call. I dialed third time and was asked to send enquiry to a dedicated email. No answer, no call, no email for two weeks now...
Sergiy

Job Satisfaction
Dear Sergiy, I’m sorry to hear about your poor experience at our store. We really appreciate you taking the time to offer us feedback and giving us the chance to make this right for you. We’d love to follow up the situation. Please provide us with your invoice number and store you dealt with and we will investigate.

Great product and Service

I attended Carpet Call's Prospect store on my friend recommendation as i was looking for a flooring for a new house. Ken the store manager was not only knowledgeable about the product but was very accommodating and helpful. He helped and guided me every step of the way and once stayed back after hours as i could not finish my work in time for an appointment. Way to Go Ken, you're definitely a star and asset to Carpet Call's team. Because of People like Ken, Carpet Call team is known to be experts in the trade.
Kanwar

Beautiful timber

We have purchased 300sqm of black butt floating timber. Great service, the store manager spend hours to help us picked the perfect flooring and we are very pleased with our new timber flooring. Thumb up carpet call.

Job Satisfaction

Looks great, exactly how we imagined

We made an order through the Penrith homemaker centre, had our timber flooring layed a few weeks later only took two days for our two story home and the finished job looks absolutely fantastic so happy with it not to mention the finishing touches of beading around the floors edge and those tricky door way cut outs.
We had 16 stairs all in which look great the installers did an awesome job very hard working with attention to detail,even vacuumed and mopped the floors inside afterwards to clean up their mess there was a lot of dust from cutting outside but once the installers left they cleaned that up as well and you wouldn’t even know they were there.
Dan was the supervisor with great customer service skills and passed on very helpful instructions on how to maintain our brand new floor and made sure we were happy with the finished product,thank you it looks great.
Kylie

Job Satisfaction

Appalling MIA and obstructive ‘customer service’ regarding cancellations.

I arranged an inhome quote for wood flooring. I was pressured into signing a contract for wooden flooring by being given ‘special price but only if I sign there and then’. I felt pressured. Intensely pressured. I signed as I didn’t want to have to pay more $ later. Turns out, they didn’t even have the stock and would not be able to lay the flooring for 4 months or more when new stock had been delivered. During this time, I’ve come into $ hardship due to illness. I contacted them immediately. They have ignored my multiple emails regarding cancelling the order. Carpet call refuse to give me my deposit back under the following terms- stating that the order has been 5 months already (took them 1 month to respond to emails). They seem to have forgotten that it is carpet call who insisted on the long contract terms due to no stock. Carpet call have failed to provide evidence of my written consent to such cancellation terms and conditions and send me bogus links to unrelated ‘returning rugs’ websites. In fact, there are no such cancellation terms on the contract for flooring. I also note that other customers have been given full refunds for flooring cancellations. As a disabled person, under financial hardship, I am outraged at carpet calls staff deliberate obstruction to resolving this. The head office person is MIA and now ignoring my emails.Should I ask a current affair to find him for assistance? I have the right to cancel this as per consumer law. Please refund my full deposit immediately.

Job Satisfaction
Dear Lola, I’m sorry to hear about your poor experience at our store. We really appreciate you taking the time to offer us feedback and giving us the chance to make this right for you. We’d love to follow up the situation. Please provide us with your invoice number and store you dealt with and we will investigate.Tax invoice 34563 Store- maribyrnong Order date 29-1-19. Installation date 17-7-19. No timber or underlay has been cut btw. Also- poor dealings with your Notting hill Head Office staff member Micheal H in resolving this as he too is replied with bogus red herrings and is now ignoring my genuine email and questions. Same tactic as the maribyrnong store manager. Please email me or message here for resolution as I’m hearing impaired and can’t hear the phone. Thx.Hello carpet call- your general manager [name removed] eventually responded via email stating that he would abide by consumer law and refund my full deposit. He delayed agreeing to have this done until Monday 24th June, alongside responding with antagonistic comments and avoidance of key concerns (once again). And yet, I still have not received my refund!!! How disappointing but Predictable given behaviour to date. When will I receive my lawful refund? Ironically your general manager also wrote saying he is ‘not in the business of taking people’s money for nothing’ lol. Oh the irony!!!!

First rate service and product.

Having sourced the advice of multiple flooring providers, it was Michael from Carpet Call Fortitude Valley, that stood out. His experience, professionalism and product knowledge in both the fields of timber flooring and carpet were standouts. The decisions we needed to make were made simpler by his calm, low key demeanour.
The installers were reliable and punctual. Their care and attention to detail could not be faulted. We were impressed by the pre installation work they performed to ensure the floor was level from the outset. The finished product was better than we could have imagined.
We especially thank Michael, and the installing team, but also acknowledge those behind the scenes that made our experience with Carpet Call one that defied all of our best expectations.

Disappointed nothing but lies

Turned our dream into a nightmare told us nothing but lies booked our floor to be layed on two separate occasions no show no phone call when we rang head office they told us never was ordered so we cancelled and then the nightmare began to get our money back no one rang back kept giving us the run around was very stressful .In the end we contacted Fair Trading and they got our money back for us . Never would recommend this company as they say yes to everything even though they know they can’t get the product take your deposit then they get aggressive when you find out the truth and want your money back be very very careful of this company stay clear. Carpet Call don’t even respond,as response is not genuine

Dear Jules, I am sorry to hear about your poor experience. What was your invoice number and store you dealt with so we can ensure this doesn’t happen again.

Commitment to a quality result

We were impressed and very appreciative of Carpet Call’s commitment to addressing the issues we raised with our floating timber floor installation.

Carpet Call installed Blackbutt (Eko Wood) floating timber floors as part of our new home build with Metricon. We identified a few issues with the floor splitting and dipping in a number of areas. Given the Eko Wood product was discontinued, Carpet Call decided to pull up the entire ground floor timber floor, redo the floor preparation (ie ensure the concrete was level), assist us with moving furniture, install the Universal brand equivalent Blackbutt flooring and patch/repaint any minor wall damage caused during the process. The level of work required was probably unusual given the original flooring was discontinued.

The end result was world’s apart. Based on our experience, we would highly recommend both Carpet Call and floating timber floors (when properly installed). Thank you to Josh Taylor (Senior Account Manager) and Glenn Boland (Hard Flooring Operations Manager) for getting this done.

Job Satisfaction

All round awesome service!

We love our new elegant floorboards! Tim and his team did an amazing job installing the floorboards! The finishes are modern and perfect! We highly recommend the team at Carpet Call! Thank you so much!

Atrocious after sale service don’t return your calls NO STARS

Around 5 weeks of leaving messages between different staff members with no response about an issue I was trying to assist my neighbour with no return calls I decided to try again and the man I wanted to speak to initially answered the phone he said he had changed roles and receptionist should of known that ? he then checked his emails where he said he had only just seen all my missed calls and my msgs after around 5 weeks?? I had left msgs for a few other people too who promised too look into it and get back too me but nothing?? One time I was told I’m sorry she has gone home for the day and when I asked for someone higher up she miraculously came to the phone ?!The man who does the quoting underestimated the Masonite by a few thousand carpet call wore the cost of $1000 of that in all fairness but it still isn’t good enough you could see the floor needed to be built up a a lot who just has $1000s lying around you should be able to rely on a quote. .He also failed to advise my neighbour the trim that was going to be attached to her skirting board would not sit flush to skirting board due to the wavy shape of skirting board and it also wont be the colour of the flooring laid the installers were lovely and just doing what they were paid to do it was the guy who quoted and the returning of phone calls afterwards that is terrible I would never recommend this company due to the terrible after sale service once they get paid you won’t hear from them again and if you are lucky enough to get through to someone they will lie to cover their tracks

I’m sorry to hear about your poor experience at our store. We really appreciate you taking the time to offer us feedback. We’d love to follow up the situation. Please provide us with your invoice number and store you dealt with and we will investigate.Invoice no 19251 Martin did the quote Salesman was Kerry at Tuggerah store Glen Bolland was who didn’t return our calls over 5 week period Stan was lovely he came out and inspected job and also stated he wouldn’t be happy with that trim in his own home. Spoke to Sorosh who said he would look into it and never got back to me also dealt with Sophie and her offsider who also didn’t help I have spoken with lots of people who simply don’t get back to youThanks we have escalated this and you will be contacted soon.

The timber flooring we chose with the help of the salesperson worked out fabulously in our new home

We purchased timber flooring and a rug from Carpet Call at Super Center Auburn. The service and advice we received from the very knowledgeable staff was exceptional. Installation was seamless and timely. The installers were very professional, neat and tidy and obviously enjoyed their work. All in all we were very happy with our new floor covering and rug. Thanks guys for helping make our new home great.

Experts in Their Field

We would like to thank the team at Carpet Call with their exceptional job from start to completion in sales and workmanship. Chris Bekaris was very knowledgeable about the products, coming to our home to make sure that everything worked well within our color scheme. The installers did a fantastic job... nothing was a problem, each of the team worked very well together. Dan the supervisor came twice on installation day to ensure the job was being doing satisfactorily. Highly recommended.

Job Satisfaction
Thank you very much for the positive comments. Our teams work hard to offer quality products and a friendly service. I’m so glad your experience was enjoyable and I will pass your feedback on to the team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future or assisting friends you have recommended to Carpet Call.One negative we forgot to mention. On the day the floor was being laid Dan inspected the floor and judged that the floors were not level. He gave us the option of levelling the floors the same day which was not possible as we were moving back in that day. Carpet Call should do an inspection before the day the floor is to be laid to see if any changes to the floor need to be done. We now notice after a couple of days the flooring is uneven to walk on and there is a lot of a drumming/ hollow sound when we walk on it. Can this be fixed??? Cheers Peter Vakas

A very happy customer

We had 3bedrooms changed from carpet to timber flooring and am so please we went ahead with carpet call. The initial salesman at carpet call Moore park was so rude I walked out of the store. But Anush, carpetcall alexandria was so good we went ahead with him. 2of our bedrooms needed floor elevation and we wanted to keep the existing skirting boards so it was all together a tricky job. The installing team Tim from elegant floor did everything we asked for and we are one happy customer.

Love the look of the floor but not the finishing nor the service!

After my first review, I feel deflated. I can't get in touch with [name removed] at your call centre, each time I call he is away and calls me when I am at work. I can't have my phone at hand as I work with young children. From now on I am on holidays. Without notice ( a text at 8.00pm) one trade organises to come in the following day. At such short notice, on a working day he agreed to come in at 6 am, he attempted to fix one area, then explained to me how to use the silicone gun to fill in the gap. My husband was not impressed when he got home.
Additionally, we noticed 2 scratches, due to the cut of the rail your guy did. I eventually got a chance to clean the floor, and to my surprise, 2 pieces are not glued on in the kitchen! They come up loose. I want you to tell me which glue to use, and we will fix it ourselves. I do not wish to get any more damage in my property. Yourself or [name removed] or any Manager are more than welcome to come in and see for themselves. I do not like to be the annoying customer, but we put all our savings in this and are deflated by the results.
Since this email I haven't heard from anyone!!
Cordially Amelie Llorca

I am sorry to hear about your poor experience. We have escalated this to management who will call you soon.”