CGU Home and Contents Insurance

CGU Home and Contents Insurance Questions & Answers

4 questions from our users

SKJ

SKJasked

How do you get a claims manager to do their job and respond to multiple emails and calls on an active claim where excess has already been paid?

Hi SKJ, I have responded to your review. ~Natalie

Etimoni V.asked

Hello I dry to send are receipt to ur claim email but I give it to me can't send I don't know that the right email. claim@cgu.com.au Any help?

Care TeamCGU

Hi Etimoni, you have made just a slight typing mistake. The correct email address is claims@cgu.com.au. ~ Jono

Rosie

Rosieasked

Do you insure relocatable homes?

Care TeamCGU

Hi Rosie. We cover homes that are permanently fixed to the site with water and sewage connections. There are other insurers that have specific cover for things like on-site caravans. But not us. I hope this helps. ~ Jono

zoeshipscat

zoeshipscatasked

During Cyclone Marcus in March, a large gumtree from the footpath on the OPPOSITE side of the road fell on our house, causing some damage which the CGU Insurance has accepted. CGU rejected other damage including cracks in the plaster mouldings etc caused by movement of the house when the trees hit it. Leak Detection have now discovered that we also have a "massive leak" from a burst water pipe under the tiled verandah slab which will necessitate a large excavation through the tiles and slab. There is no visible evidence of water damage as the break is under the slab. Estimates of cost to dig through the tiled slab to repair the pipe range from "$3,000 to $4,000" to "about $10,000". CGU opened a claim for me, but a couple of days later said CGU do not pay to "repair water leaks" unless there is obvious damage to the house. Surely a "massive leak" which requires a large area of the tiled cement slab to be dug up would count as damage to the house? Does anybody have any advice?

Lin
Lin

Go to your lawyer.

RJ
RJ

Hi. Sorry to hear uve had damage to ur home from something that wasnt on your property! All i can say is a few years ago, new years eve, i came home early hours of the morning in an intoxicated way..lol.. and before hitting the hay i used the bathroom and it was making a noise like it was constantly filling up, i touched the tap behind the loo and the thing exploded in my hand, shot off the wall and sprayed the area in water. The next day i rang cgu about it and they said they would cover and damage to flooring & fixtures (vanity etc) that have been ruined but wont pay for the plumber. In the end i didnt bother to put in a claim because i contained the water quickly & it didnt cause any real damage (very proud.. even in my drunken state!).. i think however u have a case for it to be reviewed by someone higher than a claim manager. Read through their PDS booklet & see if u can find something about it in there that may assist you. Half the time they dont even know whats written in their own product disclosure.. you can also seek legal advice if they wont come to the party. Wish you the best.

Etimoni V.

Sorry I need are email to claim department

Get an answer from our members and CGU representatives