Chemist Warehouse Physical Store

See the Best Chemists in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Wannabe Doctors

Chemist Warehouse should be boycotted. These sales assistants and pharmacists are wannabe doctors who ask personal medical questions (invasive and loudly) and question my doctor's prescriptions. They are not doctors so they should stick to dispensing the medications which is their job. I have also found that not being asian is a problem when trying to get any decent kind of service. Prescriptions are cheaper but not worth the hassle. Had enough going elsewhere.

Store Locationadelaide

Slow service, uncaring staff

They have good prices else I wouldn’t go there. They once made me wait for 20 mins only to tell me they didn’t have the script. Most script fills take min 20 mins even when I’m the only one in the store. Staff couldn’t care less.
They also refuse to order in prescription items when they are out of stock even though every other chemist will do this!

Chemist ware house liverpool is the worst

Wrong tickets were placed on the products . There was no apology from the staff side instead the way she looked at me was as if it was my fault. Very bad service.

Store LocationLiverpool at Westfield

This review is on my most recent experience

2 days ago I went to my local chemist - Chemist Warehouse. I had a very bad headache coming on - they can last up to 10 days. I went to get a herbal supplement which has helped greatly in the past. At the same time I spent nearly $230 - husband needed a few things etc. In my pain state I picked up the wrong supplement - they all look the same just different names printed on the front. When I got home I realised my mistake & rang straight away to say I needed to swap it. I was told it had to be returned the same day. I told them that wasn't possible because I had taken a heavy duty painkiller & wouldn't be able to drive safely. He had to speak to his manager. I was told it would have be returned the next day then. I asked if that was even legal to put that restriction on a return. They didn't know. I couldn't return it the next day because I was in no fit state to leave my bed. Neither should I have gone today but I waited till opening hour (8 am) when there wouldn't be much traffic & plenty of room in the car park & I would be less of a danger to myself & others. I was allowed to swap after assuring the checkout chick the manager said I could return it. I can now take my heavy duty pain killer & go back to bed. I asked if it was just CW policy or consumer law - I haven't been well enough to check it out myself yet. They didn't know but looked very uncomfortable with the question.
They have also twice refused to fill in my PBS safety net record because it's registered with the chemist next door to my GP. I haven't had the mental fortitude to press the issue but as soon as I can I will.
I guess when you go to a "big end of town" business in the effort to save money you lose the personal touch. I'll think twice now about where I shop.
It also grates on me how they're always pushing perfumes on people. Perfumes give me very bad headaches. It's so bad I've asked a few of the staff if they're on commission for perfume sales which they deny. Perfumes are obviously big earners for the company.

Store LocationChemist Warehouse Marcoola

Racist store

Good luck in this store if your not Asian. Biggest racist store in the group. Every time I go to this store I encounter issues because I’m white and get questioned if the script from my GP of 20 years is legal.

Store LocationWestfield Hurstville

I was called a [swearing word removed] by staff member - Castle Towers

Edit: I find it funny that I have had to edit this post due to it being defamatory, when in fact I am the one who has been defamed.

Purchased $100 worth of product and checked my receipt after leaving the store to find an error, returned to the store 10 mins later, after several attempts to resolve the issue and provide a refund, which I was legally entitled to, the manager on duty processed the refund, which was fine and I proceeded to leave the store.
On my way out there was a loud female voice who said “bitch”. Returned again to the store to ask who said it and the ‘manager’ apologised profusely, so basically admitting that it was directed at me.
A disgraceful way to treat customers when the reason for my return to the store was THEIR error.
This has been taken further.

Store LocationCastle Towers - Castle Hill NSW

Less than 1 month expiry date left on product, old stock sold to me but store didn't not care after I complained

I bought Broad Spectrum Probiotic which ONLY had 1 month expiry date on it ( purchased from Manly store) I explained I live 2 hours away by public transport to take it back to them, I called their customer service centre, who also couldn't assist me. I have been a loyal customer at Chemist warehouse but obviously no one cared.

Store LocationCorso Manly

Rude staff on the floor

Just visited, asked lady on the floor if I could try only 3 fragrances. She said rudely “ I only have a tester for this one, not for other two,,
First of all I wouldn’t spend $80 on a product without testing it. Secondly if she talk nicely to customers , wouldn’t cost her anything..

Store LocationCannington wa

Did they want my cat to die???

Our cat is about 14 years old and diabetic for almost 3 years. I always buy a pen needles tor her insulin injections in different pharmacies including "Chemist Warehouse".Today I have tried to buy it again in Frankston brunch, but the sales person (or a pharmacist?)-has refused to sell it to me and told me (after consulting with a branch manager!)that"according to the rules"(I have asked her-since WHEN do you have a new rules?")they only can sell the needles to the members of NDSS.Of course my cat is not a member.Because she is a CAT.A have just asked the lady:"Do you want my cat to die?"She has advised me "to try another pharmacy"...What else can I say?..Looks like CHEMIST WAREHOUSE hates the pets-?...Here,in Australia????.....I'm speechless.....

Store LocationFrankston branch Chemist Warehouse,32-34 Wells street

Did not want to entertain a refund fr a loyal customer

Bought a probiotic from Cannington store, Perth and wanted to make are fund within 24hrs, total purchase over $100 because I didn't need this supplement. Outright refusal to refund or replace with another product. Reason is
1. The product returned was "warm" (room temperature) so I questioned if the store was fully air conditioned or room temperature. Didn't trust if I stored in a cool place so I questioned if their products were transported in an air conditioned van to satisfy my own trust that it wasn't sold from a hot van. The Chemist was adamant it was air conditioned and that is a lie, I have seen those van transporting the products, a good van with no cool air regulating/

2. The next excuse is just in case I tampered with the product, I showed the seal still intact

3. THERE IS NO REFUND even though the receipt states that so you have to prove the product does not meet the standard. A very nice full proof excuse.

I won't be going there again. They market themselves as the Bunnings model but obviously business is too good in the 'take it or go elsewhere'. What you pay is what you get.

Store Locationcannington Perth

Toowoomba chemist warehouse

I called to the store to pick up a click and collect and was told I could not pick the item up as their systems were down.
I had proof of purchase, email
Credit card I completed the purchase with
Drivers license for I.d
My name was on the bag, I really can not understand why the items were not handed over to me. They were fully paid for. That is what click and collect is all about. I was asked to pay for the items for a second time. I think the staff my need more training in this area.
It is very unlikely I will ever return to this store. And I am sure it does not mean much as it is a very large store but I would spend at least $1000 a year at that store.
When the manager called he did not leave a contact number I could discuss further, and the callerID was block so I could not return his call after he left s message, he had no solution just excuses

Store LocationToowoomba

Big Let Down. Bad policy. Unbending.

I bought a tin of iSustain fibre+ chocolate, but accidentally bought Vanilla. Took it back to store one day later and produced my original receipt and the tin (sealed/unopened).
Told them I bought the wrong flavour and asked if I could do a straight swap for chocolate.
Bluntly told 'No'. Stated it was their policy not to accept returns. I told them it was not a return, just a change of flavour from vanilla to chocolate. They still said no.
Asked them about their policy as I didn't see it anywhere in store and was referred to the Chemist Warehouse website.
Not good enough, I thought. I can understand if product was opened or damaged, or that I'd bought it weeks ago, but a quick exchange should have been handled better.
No more shopping at Chemist Warehouse for me, plenty of other pharmacies out there who want my business.

This is a perfect place for travelers to do some shopping. No matter when, you’ll get the nice prices!

It was really easy to get what I want in the store.The clerks gave me advices and direction nicely. Most of the prices were lower than other shops no matter for hair or for skin care.

Store LocationPett street Sydney

Online Store is great. Free postage on orders over $50.

They have a great range and I like shopping from the comfort of my own home especially because the shops are somewhat tacky. Free postage on orders over $50 is very generous. No complaints from me.

Store LocationOnline shop

Terrible Customer Service

The SA Harbour Town and SA st Mary’s stores both gave terrible customer service when trying to exchange a duplicated gift of perfume. It is not hard to respect the customer and politely deal with issues, especially simple exchanges!

Store LocationHarbour Town SA

Bad customer service experience in Sydney Olympic Park store

Requested their staff to assist me with trying several perfumes (they’re locked). I told the lady that I was going to try some brands; after my first trial, she left me alone with the perfume I tried and went to finalize some payments at cashier. Then she came back without apologies that I was left here waiting. She was handing over the second testing tissue to me without noticing that I was holding bags, umbrella and the first perfume I tried. I was not able to find an extra hand to take it. So I told her I would place the perfume back then try the next one. However, when I made payment, she asked where was the first perfume I tried. I replied I’ve put it back, but she kept asking “but the door was closed ”. After I said they could review their monitor, she started my payment process without saying sorry to me, just mentioning that she thought I was going to buy several perfumes. What the hell did this happen? Did she really listen to me from the beginning? What did she mean by that?

Store LocationSydney Olympic Park

The best chemist!

It is so easy to find whatever you need and staff has really good knowledge about most of the products. It is always so busy but I never wait so long for my scripts.

Terrible customer service

I bought 2 packets of optislim shakes and drank a couple before I realised they were 18montha past the expiry. The store refused to refund me, would only exchange them for a new box.

Excellent service from the store and the special staff who are employed there.

I was helped quite considerably, by "REHAN", who helped me get the medication/vitamins I needed, and suggestions of which products were better for my use, which was much appreciated, as I am a senior and was using a walking aid. Would not go anywhere else to buy my products. thank you. M Scarf

Store Locationchemist warehouse, 1345 Albany Highway,cannington.

10 people behind the counter, 8 customer but 40 min waiting time

I handed over the scripts, and behind the counter i could identify at least 4 pharmacists. Plus 6 additional staff. The whole store had approx 35 staff running around and despite that they stood on each others feet, rather then working efficiently.
I was told 15 min.
I wait 37 minutes and then I wanted to withdraw the scripts, because in that timeframe 8, in words eight customer were served ( each approx within 1-2 min. )
I was told I would be next, thats why I told them: Ok I will wait another 3 minutes.
After 40 min I was served .
Compared to a first world country where usually 1 pharmacist and 1 assistance would serve customers, they are able to serve 25 customer in the same time. In average the dispensary of 1 medic costs 45-60 seconds in that country.
sadly i cant give minus stars, as this was my worst experience with a pharmacy..........

Store LocationPoint Cook