Citibank Online

Citibank Online

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Topic
    • Credit Card Application (21)
    • General Transactions (21)
    • New Account (10)
    • Business Banking (3)
    • Loan Application (3)
    • ATM Experience (1)
  • Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)

Sophie

Sophie

Technical errors with website

I tried to sign up for a credit card on my mobile and the website was saying to correct the errors highlighted in red, however nothing was highlighted in red. I then tried to sign up on a computer and the same problem occurred. I rung citibank and they said it would take 30 to 40 mins to sign up on the phone. I was not interested in this option as it was too time consuming.

Banking online and Mortgage products

I would give Citibank a ZERO if it was available. Disappointed at how bad the customer service is , 3 calls to get a mortgage statement and 2 months later still nothing when it was a 4 day wait. Their App is rubbish compared to other banks and there shop front single representative in the Sydney CBD is atrocious.

TopicBusiness Banking, General Transactions and Loan Application
Fitnesspm

FitnesspmMount Waverley

If I could give 0 stars I would.

Wow, what a very bad bank! The Internet Banking is horrible!!! You think a bank would invest in a good platform to use for Internet Banking but you can tell they just don't care about their customers. Their customer service is just as bad! I advise everyone to stay away from this bank. I found ING Direct to be 100 times better! I don't like the big 4 banks in Australia, they charge huge fees if you want to travel compare to ING they don't charge anything.

TopicATM Experience, General Transactions and New Account

Excellent online and phone customer support. Live chat isn't a bot!

I've been with citibank for 7 years, but my account has been inactive for many, with me just logging on to check my funds were there occasionally having moved back to the UK. When I returned to Australia this meant I had a lot to sort out, and the online chat service were fantastic. And when there was something they couldn't fix online, they called me! Super helpful. Noticeably better than most customer service.

Bettina Brougham

Bettina BroughamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A New Customer

New Customer - assessed by a 'bot' and rejected. To Citi Bank you are just a number. Don't waste your time, look at one of the smaller local banks. Shop local

TopicNew Account

Sally

SallyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unprofessional and incompetent. Avoid them at all costs!

Phil Brandt

Phil BrandtSydney, NSW

Good card but the app and security annoying

Have had an account with Citibank for four years now. Card features are good but trying to move money out of my account is a real pain requiring tokens and sync with mobile SMS messages etc just to transfer $50 to a friend. Is a pain in the A so dont really use it anymore. My other bank doesnt require all this security stuff to do basic everyday banking. Losing customers because of the security maze that is in place so its difficult for customers to move their money. Then lengthy phone conversations with script readers in the Phillipines. Hmmmm

Citibank suck. 1.2 stars out of 5 with over 500 reviews explains it all

I can't change my mobile number with getting a handwritten signed letter, it makes no sense. I wrote asking for another alternative but had no response. The customer service is poor.

bronnchan

bronnchanSydney, NSW

Sneaky and terrible customer service

Citibank sneakily charged a credit card annual fee a month before it was due, so I was not given the opportunity to close my card in time to avoid the fee. They basically made me pay a year's membership for a year that I'm not using. Then they closed my online accounts so I am unable to get copies of the statements to demonstrate what they have done. Avoid at all costs. Try American Express - they do customer service a hell of a lot better and can handle requests via online chats, transcripts which you can keep copies of as PROOF.

Tony

TonyCentral Queensland, QLD

Could give them zero out of 5

Sam B

Sam B

Obscene

Don't have words to describe how terrible the service is. Still don't know if my credit card has been accepted or rejected cannot work that out. Don't waste time please

TopicNew Account

mike

mike

Worst customer service i have experienced in 2 decades

Credit Card Disgrace

Yeah really disappointing. I applied for the Citi Credit Card Qantas 150k rewards online. I was not able to progress through the online system. I re-applied 5 weeks later, only to be told that I had been declined back 5 weeks prior. I have a great job, house etc. I spent an hour on the phone only to told its ultimately the banks decision, and not providing any reasons for the decline stating "you dont see KFC telling its customers what the secret recipe is, so we can t tell you why you were declined...".

Andrey

AndreySydney, NSW

Shocking service and 20 year old technology

TopicCredit Card Application

Worst user experience. Waste of time

Website keeps saying to fill in highlighted field. All fields are filled in and it will not let you proceed. Every time I "save application" and come back to try again nothing saves. Also same issues still arising. Complete waste of time - try another bank

Jason L.

Jason L.South East Queensland, QLD

Pathetic

Lack of Customer Service Skills

I have been a victim of Identity Fraud. Its been over 3 weeks with no resoultion. Being the bank's mistake the only repsonse i get given is its under investigation with no time-line. The worst service i have experienced so far. No empathy at all.

Traveller

TravellerSouth East Queensland, QLD

cant get any worse than this bank

All this banks offers seems like fraud.Someone seriously need to investigate. I made a card application n they said I should be getting another card which i don't want and not the one I actually want .Couldn't finish the application so rang them n for half hr they kept transferring me in a circle n finally cut me off . Seems like people from asia n they have no idea what to do . Anyone wants to test them free to try . Never encountered anything this bad before considering these days most companies have offshore centers .CITI BANK SHOULD BE AVOIDED LIKE A PLAGUE.

TopicCredit Card Application and New Account

Niti R.

Niti R.Sydney, NSW

Misleading offer!!! Make sure you read all the fine prints

I made a CitiBank credit card application in June/July, there was a promo for 100,000 bonus point for min AUD3,000 spending. I had met the spending requirement but I hadn't received any bonus point. I then called them asking why and they told me I wasn't eligible for any bonus point. I then asked them to check the promo record back in June/July and then they refused. They told me there was nothing that they could do.
I believe this is misleading, as the promo was on the website. There is also a running promotion for the same type of credit card and they refused to apply the promo on my card.

Happy Customer

Happy CustomerSydney, NSW

Antiquated technology. Terrible customer experience.

Considering they've closed all their branches in Sydney. you'd expect their online experience to be better. All the neo banks will replace them if they are going online unless they completely refresh their technology.

The only good thing about this bank is the Qantas Frequent Flier sign up bonus. Unfortunately, I stupidly selected the wrong card and was not eligible for this.

My advice is to avoid them like the plague. Try a neo bank.