Citibank Online

Jax

JaxPerth, WA

Worst bank ever

5 hour wait times for service then cut of
Do not use this bank terrible terrible service
Very unhelpful even when they do answer the phone go anywhere but this bank

LBO

LBO

Worst bank experience ever, cancelled my home loan after 6 months

I had my homeloan with Citibank. Rates were fine (well fees not as much), so I decided to give it a go. I then regretted not reading any reviews! I haven't been able to talk to any home loan specialist for more than 6 months. Someone was supposed to call me back a few times but never did. Terrible online experience with clunky interfaces. I ended up leaving them after 6 months and refinancing with Bendigo. They never responded to my request to get my breaking fees back because I could not receive any support and answers to my questions. I just decided to let it go, and will never ever consider this bank for any product.

Jennifer

JenniferSydney, NSW

Is there such a thing as minus stars

Citibank is the worst bank to deal with. They are extremely slow to transfer funds. Sometimes several days longer than the other banks.

Their app often kicks you out so you have to sign in again and again to finish a transaction.

You have to check all of your automatic withdrawals after an upgrade as the upgrade can cause the cancellation of some or suddenly activate withdrawals you may have put on hold.

Clearly there is very little quality checking with anything they do. And don’t bother calling as the offshore team can only answer from a standard set of responses so generally a complete waste of your time.

Only deal with them as a last resort.

Ninette H

Ninette HMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Absolutely atrocious

Have had a Citibank Visa for 20 years, generally no issues. Now, have redeemed rewards as advised by Cititbank. The e vouchers are not being sent, I'm getting all other emails but no vouchers. I've wasted 3 hours of my time trying to get through to the call centre. After numerous attempts (telephone banking is disgusting) I finally get through to an operator on two occasions. First time assured all was resolved which I felt was just to shut me up and I was correct, no vouchers received. The second time, not only was I not listened to and talked down to, I was hung up on. Am going to close our account now. I have no tolerance for poor customer service and incompetent staff.

Nicolas

NicolasGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst bank experience ever

No much else to say reading others reviews. But really, how can this bank can be still operating ? It's s a joke. if I could I would leave a zero score. Completely waste of time. For your good sake stay away from this bank.

L. Heffernan

L. HeffernanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good Bank but problems with cards

Been with this Bank for many decades. I like them but is big problem with cards. activating them online told is activated go to ATM gobble,gobble no card ring bank talk to Packistani or Eskimo cant understand them maybe aliens. All good Bank except for anything to do with cards...…… Leo.....

Beyond a Joke

Helping my elderly grandfather as people are taking thousands of dollars from his bank account & the phone sales team are hopeless. Can’t access online & they don’t have any physical branches. Beyond a joke & possibly the worst service I’ve had.

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account
Mercive

MerciveSydney, NSW

Old, bureaucratic and worse customer support ever

Don't deal with them - it is a warning. Very old and worse customer support. Can not get my loan details updated for 3 months now - I had 12 calls with their support. Now want to discharge and they won't let me go, saying my signature doesn't match with their records - had 9 calls with them and now going to court on this manner. Their support just simply doesn't care, better to talk to robots rather than them.

TopicLoan Application

Michael Tait

Michael TaitGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Near impossible to login

I cannot think of a single aspect of this bank that deserves praise. Login is near impossible, disputing a card transaction takes enormous time and effort, their phone IVR seems to have been developed by a moron. Need I go on?

Katie B.

Katie B.South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible service and systems

Changed to this bank to take advantage of high savings account years ago. Never had anything but problems with them. The website is very hard to use. Tried to cancel when the promo interest rate changed, but was too difficult so gave up. Recently had sus calls about my credit card, so decided to cancel my accounts which too three calls and over three weeks and they are still 'processing my request'.

Shane D.

Shane D.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The WORST Bank I have ever used in 30 years of banking.

After almost 20 years, I have finally had enough. The few times I have had to contact them it has been the worst most frustrating communication and or banking experience!

Kale

KaleSouth East Queensland, QLD

What a joke Citibank is...

A simple request to ring and get a card for an account turned into such a frustrating circus on the phone with a labyrinth of phones codes to get through, then being cut off after finally reaching a real person after multiple attempts, only for him to give me another automated phone code to submit and therefore promptly being cut off again after submitting it. Long story short, because that was just a taste of Citibank’s incompetence at customer service, I just wanted to close my accounts & finish my dealings with them. Good luck with anybody getting in and out of their customer service system & coming out in a good mood.

TERRIBLE app, TERRIBLE, online, TERRIBLE customer service

Been with this bank for a year, barely used my account because the online system and app are so impossible to use. I'm 22, digital native, Citibank's system is horrifying and archaic. Verification is convoluted, it took me two hours on the phone to try to close out my accounts, only to have the operator drop out or hang up on me twice. After they promised me it was a simple online process, I then had to call back to find out I have to wait several days for a verification text so I can transfer myself money so I can close out this terrible bank.

DO NOT use Citibank it's the most frustrating and terrible bank I've ever dealt with.

Ange

Ange

Cheap. Shocking customer service

I was with citibank for ten years. I joined for the free overseas transactions and atm withdrawals. The bank is good for using a card abroad but in the end that wasn’t enough for me. The bank is in the stone ages. Their verification methods kept changing. First it was a hard token, then sms verification. Customer service is shocking and terrible to get in contact with service agents.
Bank is also far far far behind other banks in terms of tech. No osko payments, app is basic. Nothing could make me go back to citibank.

Deepanshi

Deepanshi

Citi bank team is always supportive to us

I went to citi bank India DLF branch in gurgaon , the staff was very helpful throughout our NRI account opening process and had helped us a lot .. In addition, citi bank online has been very caring and supportive to us ; they also send us emails regarding everything

We are up to date with the process
Thankyou Citi bank NRI team

dwp

dwp

HOPELESS!!

Online service and app are both pathetic. SMS supposedly sent for OTP never received. The 3 day embargo placed by Citi on activating payees and transferring funds if you have the temerity to update your phone no. is outrageous! Another customer lost. You would think that they would learn - obviously don't read the shocking reviews by now ex-customers!

Pete H.

Pete H.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Dont Bother - Waste of Time

kiki

kikiGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Long delay in bank transfer from linked account into Citibank saver

I did mobile Citibank app transfer of money from my savings account in NAB bank linked to my Citibank savers account to get the high interest rate on the 8 May 2020 and by 15 May 2020 the funds are shown as deposited BUT NOT available to me. In other words the money is not mine to use

Jac

JacSydney, NSW

Near impossible to use

From Australia, having a Citibank card overseas was useful. And, the staff are helpful and friendly when you call. BUT heaven forbid you change your phone number or can't access your phone, you can't do ANYTHING. You can't send a secure message, you can't access the online chat, you can't transfer money, nothing. And when you finally change the registered phone number, you can't transfer money for another 3 days. I have tried the app before and it was useless. I DO NOT recommend Citibank.