Citibank Online

Citibank Online

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Best selection of Credit Cards

I have banked with many institutions in Australia and overseas and found that citi has the best Credit Cards with excellent benefits and reasonable fees. The customer service is not the best, and the Apple Pay didnt work on my card for security reason (that what they said , and dont know what it means, gave up on calling them to sort it out) but overall the pros outweigh the cons and i recommend citi credit cards as the benefits and savings IMO are not matched by any other institution.

Review TypeCredit Card Application

Citi doesn't understand family budgets

Citi doesn't support additional cardholders. Normal banks offers additional cardholder for debit cards, but not Citi. They doesn't understand how families manage their budget by joint accounts and multiple cards linked to one account. Seems time to switch banks after long time.

Review TypeNew Account

Complete and utter asshattery that wont ever change

Dont ever get an account with these morons if u ever plan to move abroad ... the sheer foolishness involved in their 'process' is astounding. I just moved back to Australia and wanted to log in to my account and was being sent an OTP to my number in a different country. Contact the customer service and then was asked for "mothers maiden name" "address" "passport no" "phone no" and then to list the name of a payee and it was at this stage that iIcould no longer take it....

The worst psrt... u have to go through this asshattery every tome you travel!!!

Do not waste yout timr with this bank coz the morons running this business havent got a clue and the customer service geniuses probably cant even spell their role

Sorry i ever banked with Citi Bank

The online banking has not worked for days when writing this. I recently also couldn't activate a card online and had to get a second new one sent because it got deactivated so they told me. Transactions take ages to be processed. I regret getting involved with this bank and will get out asap.

Horrible

Tried to apply for the qantas rewards card. When you click 'apply now' it takes you to a differrent card, so I accidentally ended up applying for the wrong card. They stuffed me around for weeks with calls back and forth about documentation and stuff, even though the documentation I supplied was perfect and I'm way over the minimum income amount. Finally got the card and realised it was the wrong one, called them up and said I wanted to change and they just told me no but couldn't tell me a reason. Cancelled it instantly. Will never try citibank for anything ever again. They're horrible.

Review TypeCredit Card Application, General Transactions and New Account

Credit card application

Worst experience I’ve had with a bank. Applied for a frequent flyer credit card online. Took weeks to hear back. Theh reqyired several calls to the call center needed to find out why. They kept losing my documents which I had to email several times. Then got rejected for no apparent reason despite having no debt and an income 3 times higher than the income required. Waste of time.

Review TypeCredit Card Application

Poor experience in obtaining a credit card, customer service was not useful either

Poor experience attempting to obtain a credit card online, had difficulties so spoke to person on phone who was not much additional help in the process, in the end gave up as the process was so tiring and they did not seem interested in assisting.

terrible, waste of time

applied credit card online, a week later they called me asking a few questions and told me I met all the criteria, and the next day they sent me an email saying I was rejected.

Review TypeCredit Card Application

Can I give no star because they don’t deserve a star for anything

Been their customer for the last 4 years. Started with a couple of branches in Melbourne to non until recently. Customer service sucks. Wrong information given about limit of transfer. They basically hold your money for ransom if you wanna withdraw. They make it difficult for you to make any local transfer. To reset internet banking takes more than 4 hours and we are still waiting for a call back. Stay away from this bank.

Review TypeBusiness Banking and General Transactions

CITIBANK IS NOT A BANK IT IS A BROKER

We have been with the bank for nearly 4 years. We were attracted to the bank because of rates of interest on term deposit. The bank offers high interest rates with a condition that half the amount available should be invested in term deposits and the other half in products they recommend which are mainly US/UK entities. The bank is merely a broker between the US issuer and you. The bank collects the brokerage upfront, the issuer collects their share and although you are told that there is a Citibank of panel of experts monitoring the investment. Ultimately you are left to monitor your own investments with no advice from the "panel".
To transact you have to visit the branch in person for a 'face to face' encounter, cannot be done online in this day and age, if it is a joint account they will not honour a POA granted by NSW Trustees. both the parties holding the joint account have to attend the branch, and you end up filling US IRS forms like W8BEN etc, Don't expect a lot of help from bank staff. For the extra 1 or 1.5% higher interest rate it is not worth dealing with CITI bank. Privacy is a joke. Other customer's account details, telephone numbers are given out in error with profuse apologies thereafter. The staff in general are ill-informed, polite but difficult to contact. They have a new retail banking officer Kate Luft, not sure whether she can improve the pathetic service because of the staff's entrenched behaviour. In short we wouldn't touch them with a barge pole

Review TypeBusiness Banking and General Transactions

Is it possible to give no stars?

Do NOT make the mistake of joining Citibank. Their customer service is non-existent. They will not return your calls or respond to emails despite claiming a '48hr turnaround' - they will not accept responsibility for their mistakes, you will repeat your query to several different teams over & over again each time you call. Joke of a company.

If you should need to query a transaction or request an investigation (both common activities when it comes to banking), you can expect to kiss your money goodbye and waste a lot of time in the process. I was charged for an ATM withdrawal which was cancelled midway through and hence asked Citibank to recover the funds. Four months later nothing had happened, no one had returned my phone calls/messages/emails, and I had repeated my query upwards of 10x to different staff members. When the staff finally looked into this they chased the wrong bank and sent me a convoluted document (to my old address which had since been updated) stating they had done all they could and the case was automatically closed with no resolution. It wasn't until I raised a complaint with AFCA that Citibank offered to resolve the issue, BUT only if I would sign a document saying that I would close my complaint with AFCA. Incredibly dodgy, but explains how they get away with it.

I believe these reviews would be a lot worse if it were possible to give no stars out of 5. i.e. note that even the worst reviews are receiving 1 out of 5 stars, so their overall score of 1.2 out of 5 should say it all. Stay far far away!!!

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Operators advice wrong information about charges and when you asked they will blame you saying you have agreed the terms

I have been with the citibank for 3yrs and applied for the loan online , when i called them to activate the cards and reconcile the existing accounts in one, they have advised me to that cards have to be activated before doing that and then i asked them what will be the charges for activating those cards or accounts , the operator advised me that there are no charges on both accounts at the moment. So, i have told them to activate and combine the accounts .but when i received the statement i have seen the $199 establishment fee and when asked about it they said if that is what advised to me by the bank they will look after it but it takes 4business days and after waiting 4days received a call saying that i did application online and agreed for the terms and conditions so the fee is not reversible. Worst service ever and they are very rude on call, they just say everything they have to and will hangup.

Review TypeLoan Application and New Account

The worst customer service ever!

We have had a Citibank Credit Card for well over 10 years - might even be over 15 years -I have a supplementary card with my husband as the primary but I have always had full authority on the account (this was lodged when the account was opened) as I look after our accounts & have never had an issue. Today I receive a txt message to my phone asking to verify a suspicious transaction. Rather than reply to the txt I decided to phone in case the txt itself was a scam. Went through all of the security questions to be told I don't have authority they need to speak with my husband & despite me explaining I just needed to know if the txt was a scam they would not help me. I had to go & get my husband from work to come home & then spend 45 minutes on the phone. Txt was genuine - my husband's card was then blocked & a new 1 will be issued. My card would not be affected. We were told that I did have authority on the account & notes would be written accordingly & we would not have to resubmit an authorization form (yay!). Went onto internet banking this afternoon to reconcile our account & all of our transactions have disappeared!!! Phone again & guess what - after going through the security questions again was told I do not have authority on the account!! Was told would have to lodge a form that can only be mailed to them & that only my husband can ask them to sort out the internet banking. I totally agree with the majority of reviews here - the worst customer service. We will be sending a form but it will be to close the account as American Express are extremely good & very easy to deal with!

Customer Service, needs improvement

Wow, after reading the reviews here, it only confirms that I am not the only one who experienced bad service from Citibank. Well, in fairness the Filipino girl I've spoken with over the phone was helpful and was almost ready to resolve the issue. But unfortunately the line was disconnected.

In short, Citibank needs to improve their service.

Terrible Service, less than sub-par

I was informed of a fraudulent transaction, that it would be blocked and that I would be issued a new card.

One week later, the fraudulent transaction went through and no card was sent. A call showed that they had neglectfully forgotten to send it. Very disappointing.

Would never bank with them again. I'm strongly considering removing all my savings and moving to a new bank unless serious compensation is made.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Great customer service - they have my back!

I paid for a service a few days before and realised after the fact that the service was a scam and then I got a headache thinking of the hassles I would probably have to go through to try to get my money back. I called Citibank with my fingers crossed and they said that as I was a valued customer, they would do a one-off reversal. I was stoked! Thanks Citibank. Next time I will be more vigilant!!