Citibank Online

Citibank Online

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Worst user experience. Waste of time

Website keeps saying to fill in highlighted field. All fields are filled in and it will not let you proceed. Every time I "save application" and come back to try again nothing saves. Also same issues still arising. Complete waste of time - try another bank

Jason L.

Jason L.South East Queensland, QLD

Pathetic

Lack of Customer Service Skills

I have been a victim of Identity Fraud. Its been over 3 weeks with no resoultion. Being the bank's mistake the only repsonse i get given is its under investigation with no time-line. The worst service i have experienced so far. No empathy at all.

Traveller

TravellerSouth East Queensland, QLD

cant get any worse than this bank

All this banks offers seems like fraud.Someone seriously need to investigate. I made a card application n they said I should be getting another card which i don't want and not the one I actually want .Couldn't finish the application so rang them n for half hr they kept transferring me in a circle n finally cut me off . Seems like people from asia n they have no idea what to do . Anyone wants to test them free to try . Never encountered anything this bad before considering these days most companies have offshore centers .CITI BANK SHOULD BE AVOIDED LIKE A PLAGUE.

TopicCredit Card Application and New Account

Niti R.

Niti R.Sydney, NSW

Misleading offer!!! Make sure you read all the fine prints

I made a CitiBank credit card application in June/July, there was a promo for 100,000 bonus point for min AUD3,000 spending. I had met the spending requirement but I hadn't received any bonus point. I then called them asking why and they told me I wasn't eligible for any bonus point. I then asked them to check the promo record back in June/July and then they refused. They told me there was nothing that they could do.
I believe this is misleading, as the promo was on the website. There is also a running promotion for the same type of credit card and they refused to apply the promo on my card.

Happy Customer

Happy CustomerSydney, NSW

Antiquated technology. Terrible customer experience.

Considering they've closed all their branches in Sydney. you'd expect their online experience to be better. All the neo banks will replace them if they are going online unless they completely refresh their technology.

The only good thing about this bank is the Qantas Frequent Flier sign up bonus. Unfortunately, I stupidly selected the wrong card and was not eligible for this.

My advice is to avoid them like the plague. Try a neo bank.

Sunny

Glad I am finished business with City Bank

Completely useless

Simon C

Simon C

Moved my mortgage to Citibank, 1 week in- I've made a huge mistake and will be moving off them asap

TopicLoan Application

WORST bank, never go with them!

Bunch of liars who owe me 100,000 points but will not give it to me even though I spent 15,000 with them in 5 months. I will never go with Citi Bank again!!!!!!!

TopicCredit Card Application and General Transactions

John Mannix

John MannixHunter Region, NSW

Citibank Anti Customer Service

GTH

GTHSydney, NSW

Genuinely the worst service I have ever received.

Dreadful customer service. I signed up a few years ago on a balance transfer offer and subsequently changed products with them twice. Recently I have had a better off so attempted to close this account but first gave them an opportunity to at least match the other offer. They placed no value on my custom, and have subsequently tried to screw me at every opportunity through lack of information and no transparency while trying to close the account. There is a good reason for there general low rating. Stay well clear.

TopicCredit Card Application and General Transactions
D B

D BGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Should be a ZERO!

The most horrific customer service. Can never get anyone based in Australia. No branches (they closed them all down). They will never approve you for Qantas points cards, but will instead offer you their own crap credit cards with crap points earning compared to their Qantas cards. Applied for 2k balance transfer, which they then denied knowing anything about, despite it being in my application.

They really are terrible to deal with and offer a substandard product. Don’t even bother, it’s not worth the frustration. I will be closing my platinum credit card account this month.

Dodgy

Citibank make it so difficult to access details for your credit account so it is hard to keep up to date with repayments.
I kid you not, I would have to change my password at least once a week as they claimed it was wrong. STEER CLEAR.

Tina Rose

Tina RoseSydney, NSW

thieving little brats

set up a online saver and now I cant access my money they reckon I have to like it to an account which I have done and still there is no way I can access any of my money . they reckon I have to wait 24-48 hours. so they pretty much steal my money and wont give it to me when I need or want it , don't ever think about going with Citibank , stick with the big 4 banks as they more reliable and trustworthy

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account

Mich A

Mich ASydney, NSW

Absolutely No Help At All

Terrible Bank

They would be the absolute worst organisation to deal with !--they don't have operating branches in W.A. !! (great service--NOT ! !)their "service" over the phone is even worse -don't use them

Suzr

SuzrAU

Worst bank ever

Applied for a Citi credit card. Four credit checks on my Experian credit record later I got rejected, this is after getting preliminarily approved online - I satisfied ALL application checks!? To note, I have very good credit (was excellent before they did four credit checks), never been rejected credit before. No valid excuse provided as to WHY. Customer services is offshore in India and have been rude, unknowledgeable and unhelpful.

I have asked almost every day this past week to expedite the correction on my credit report. It will take then 30 DAYS to review and come back with a decision the errors they committed by doing four credit checks.