Coles Comprehensive Car Insurance

Coles Comprehensive Car Insurance

Car Insurance Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of car insurance would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

1.5

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction

Beware - coles car insurance removes factual reviews!!!!!

I have posted two other reviews recently regarding the persistent and ongoing poor treatment our family is receiving from Coles/IAG Insurance and they have removed them from this site, even when other older reviews remain. It does make you wonder how many other reviews are also removed....if only consumers could give this company no stars. Hopefully the AFPA Ombudsman starts to see the enormous number of customers that have been mistreated and investigates the governance of these companies policies.

Claim DateApril 2020

Christine B.South East Queensland, QLD

No Service at ALL. Don't Bother

I have sent many emails to these people regarding my existing claim and received nothing. they don't respond to your emails or anything. they did not advise me at any step of the way what was happening with my claim. i had to find these details myself. I didn't even know where my car was for a week. so don't bother with this company - you are better going with a more reliable company.

Claim DateJune 2020
Car ModelHolden Cruze JH (Hatchback) Equipe
Christine B.

That tells you absolutely nothing about the progression or what is happening. That is where i was looking.

Charged an exorbitant fee when moving interstate then told to cancel and go elsewhere if I don't like it.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We appreciate your additional feedback and we're sorry to hear you feel this way. It'll sad to see you go and we hope you give us another chance in future.

Find out how Coles Comprehensive Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

Why am I paying another $40.00 for one month's coverage on existing policy - I moved house.

I have changed my address and have been charged more than $40.00 for less than 4 weeks remaining on my existing policy. That is exhorbitant! I understand the premium may change based on my postcode but $40.00 for four weeks equates to an annual increase of nearly $500.00. How is that justifiable. Very disappointed in this service.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Coles insurance is the best one around

5 years with Coles car insurance. It has value for money. Staff is co-operative. Good rewards.
Most of the shopping we do in coles. Their insurance rocks. Easy to understand polivies

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Farrukh, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're delighted to hear your praises and we'll ensure to share your comments with our Insurance Team so they're made aware. Thanks again!

Random Nobody

Random NobodyBrisbane

Absolutely shocking and very unprofessional! Wish I could give them 0 stars. Avoid them at all cost!

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Compulsory Third Party
Claim DateDecember 2019
Car ModelToyota
Joe

JoeSydney, NSW

Do not ever take out insurance with Coles!!

Appalling company. Have only ever spoken to a local Australia representative once (who hung up on me when I politely requested a reference number). Be warned from all reviews here.

Mark Reese

Mark Reese

The Bad Reviews are piling up!

After a stressful encounter with a person who had broken into my car and was trying to get it started it while I was waiting for the police, I was feeling much better after lodging a claim and spoke to a helpful consultant on the phone who assured me as it wasn't my fault and the offender was in custody so I wouldn't be liable to pay the excess amount. The next day I received a phone call and a person 'advised' me to try and retrieve the money from the offender through small claims court. Now my car is kept hostage at the repairers unless I pay the excess. I have emailed requesting answers without response. Appalling situation which now will need to reported to ASIC

worst insurance company

Put in a claim, they did the repairs, faulty car running poorly or not at all on pickup up. Returned car and told fair wear and tear but cars not running. Needs to be towed. How to you drive a car into a repair shop then unable to drive it home????? They are a joke. Now we will not even shop at cole. Well done
Await for a reply, will pass this on to claims Dept. Ha Ha

TVMSydney Surrounds, NSW

The worst. Do not insure your car with Coles Insurance

Coles cancelled my insurance after my credit card changed and they could not access direct debit. I accept the credit card issue was my error but the effort they made to inform me of my oversight was pathetic and NEGLEGENT. Once they made the decision to cancel my insurance they did not inform me. I was driving an uninsured car for 6 months. Thankfully I did not have an accident. I found out by fluke about the cancellation and Coles refused to re-insure me as I disclosed that a small scratch that they already had on record had developed a tiny rust patch. That has caused me a huge stress. Go elsewhere. So terrible.

TVM

I will not. Coles Insurance has caused me huge stress. Coles Insurance's behaviour was inexcusable and If I could be bothered to prove it - probably illegal.

TAK KWONG RONALD L.

TAK KWONG RONALD L.South East Queensland, QLD

It's the worst car insurance. can't acceptance.

John

JohnSydney Surrounds, NSW

Don't make a mistake using Coles Car Insurance

Submitted a refund at the "beginning" of the month so no issues of me taking advantage of days*
I've made 3 attempts for a refund by phone, at all times have been lied by their customer service team who said it's been processed but refuse to send a confirmation email. it's been almost a month since my query and I am still trying to resolve this. Seems to me Cole's trains their staff this way to lie and give customers run around to avoid refunds or give people such a hard time in hoping they give up. This is for a monthly bill btw I can't even imagine what current customers go thru if it's a full claim. Such a dirty practice!

Claim DateMay 2020
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Can’t wait to never have to deal with this company again.

Claim DateMarch 2020
Car ModelMitsubishi ASX
Brian T.

Brian T.Wanniassa 2903, ACT

Very unhelpful when making a claim

Reported minor hail damage when sent to be assessed was informed of financial write off. To make a claim was told car had to be handed in with rego canceled then could purchase back and re register. Conflicting information given by many staff members, policy, and claim papers. Canceled claim was told insurance canceled yet I can still log in to my active account. Not happy with service at all.

Car ModelToyota Camry
Ian

IanSouth East Queensland, QLD

If only I could give them zero stars

I wish that I never needed to write this review, unfortunately a tire bounced out of a oncoming trailer that failed to stop into the path of our vehicle damaging the front of our car and one other vehicle. Given we had Dashcam footage we though we would have no insurance problems. Went to the Police with the footage and they identified the owner of the other vehicle.

Now Coles Insurance tell us that as we don't have the Name and address of the other party we need to pay the $1200 excess, they admitted that they have not contacted the Police and the PDS states they don't need to. So now we're off the the ombudsman.

Claim DateMarch 2020
Car ModelHyundai Santa Fe
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Ian, thanks for your review. We're sorry to hear of your disappointment and frustration with your claim thus far. We'll ensure to share your comments and concerns to our Insurance Team so they're made aware and to review.

Home hunting

Home huntingAdelaide

My personal experience

Claim DateJanuary 2020
Car ModelHonda CR-V RD1
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate your kind feedback detailing your experiences when making your recent claims. We'll ensure your comments are shared with our Car Insurance Team so they're made aware. Thanks again!

Michael F.

Michael F.Sydney, NSW

Quick efficient service

Changing my card for premium payment and easy to gain deferring payment of premium. Their repair service and claim procedure was quick and efficient accompanied with advice support! They recognize your loyalty!

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateMay 2015
Car ModelMazda Tribute
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Michael, thanks for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate your thoughtful feedback and we'll be sure to pass this along to our Car Insurance Team so they're made aware. Thanks again!

steve rasher

steve rasherSydney, NSW

Disappointing repair by Coles insurance repairer ARM

After the 1st repair session the car was returned with a wheel missing and the get you home spare in its place. 10 days later had to go back to have the correct front wheel installed. when the car was serviced by subaru they said the steering control box had been damaged in the accident and not replaced when it was repaired, mean the car had to be returned to ARM again to have that replaced. How dangerous was it to be driving this car with a damaged steering mechanism? along with many weeks all up without the vehicle. very unsatisfactory service.

Car ModelSubaru XV
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Steve, thanks for getting in touch. We're very sorry to hear this! We'd recommend calling our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374 to follow this up further, as they're best placed to assist.

Celeste

CelesteCanberra

Nothing but good service

When I signed up with coles insurance, I was unaware of their bad reputation. I still don't understand why they have such a bad reputation. I have had two claims through coles within the last year and a bit, one was a parking accident (entirely my fault, ran into a pole) and the other was a huge hail storm that came through. Both experiences were incredibly easy, and coles were nothing but helpful the whole time. I am certainly looking at using them again for my new car. :)

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateJune 2019
Car ModelHolden Barina TM (Hatchback) CD
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Celeste, thanks for getting in touch. We're so glad to hear you're a fan! We'll be sure to pass your feedback along to the relevant teams so they're aware :)

Allie H.

Allie H.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Coles Car Insurance - borderline criminal

My car had to be written off - someone smashed into it.
Terrible experience dealing with this insurer. 2.5 months later - still no resolution. About 20+ phone conversations, endless repetition of the same information. I would have spent so far probably 40 hours+ trying to resolve this.
Lying, incompetent, misleading insurer. They should be stripped of any insurer license. DO NOT USE COLES CAR INSURANCE

Claim MadeYes
Claimant is the policy holder No
Claim DateDecember 2019
Car ModelMazda 3 BN (Sedan) Maxx Sport
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Thanks for contacting us, Allie. We're disappointed to hear that you've had a poor experience with us and we'll follow this up for you if you send us a private message with further details.