Coles Comprehensive Car Insurance

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now

• 1-2 weeks (7)
    • 2-4 weeks (10)
    • 1-2 months (20)
    • 3+ months (28)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (48) · No (30)

Worst experience ever.

Disappointed Customer
Disappointed CustomerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

What a scam! Give you a price online, then tell you to call to complete.... $500 more expensive when you do

I did an online quote which quoted me a price and then told me to call the number provided to complete. When i called, they first couldn't find my online quote so we started a new quote. The new quote came out $500 more expensive. When i queried it, they then were able to find my online quote but said that it was not correct and the higher cost was the cost.

Pretty sure they have a name for this type of business practice.... it's called bait and switch.

what a disgrace

Mark A
Mark ASydney

Got to give Coles the thumbs up.

We has a not at fault accident. From the word go, customer service was excellent - the call centre was very helpful, the loss assessor was fair and the person who did the settlement (Dianne) was great. The online claim management system was good for tracking the claim. Would insure with Coles again based on this experience.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Mark, thanks for your feedback and we're sorry for the delay in our reply. We're delighted to hear your thoughts about your experience when making a claim and we'll ensure to share your comments with our teams so they're made aware. Thanks again!

Briar R.
Briar R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Too expensive and they use our money to invest in coal, oil and gas companies

Insurance TypeComprehensive
Bev
BevGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent Service with friendly and extremely helpful staff.

Whilst I was not making a claim but updating several policies, the staff member could not have been more helpful and made what could have been a difficult process so easy. Everything was resolved within the one phone call in a timely manner.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

We compared reviews on the Top 5 Most Popular Car Insurance Providers

Avleen M.
Avleen M.1 June 2020
we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Grant A.Hunter Region, NSW

Not worth the paper the policy is written on.

Have multiple properties and cars insured with Coles. I tried to claim an at fault accident and was denied. Their reason was that my Ute wasn’t being used as intended (carrying a covered load as per NSW road rules). Not worth the few $ saved.

Grant A.

I’ve spoken to your “specialist” team and they’re about as handy as a plastic frying pan.

MelissaSydney, NSW

DO NOT DO IT - Save yourself the stress from this horrendous company!

Melissa

Never again will I put myself through the stress of being ‘insured’ by your company. You’re another big corporation that only has your own interests in mind, NOT the consumer!

Matija
MatijaSydney, NSW

Absolute Nightmare

Great price, low service

I choose them cause of the competitive prices, I've been with them a few years I find their service is lacking, they aren't very easy to understand on the phone. Hard to converse with. After getting off the phone I don't feel very secure in my insurance.

Mick S.
Mick S.South East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely horrible.

Coles insurance is the worst insurance I have ever had, they do nothing to help you, in fact they go out of their way to make it harder for you.
I made a not at fault claim 3 months ago, still waiting, every time I call them I wait on the phone 30 - 40 then told will call you back it never happens. Be very careful avoid using this company.

mario 1968Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unprofessional conduct , no accountability

Had car assessed booked in for repair , for minor not at fault claim
4 days to complete
Car was allocated to another repairer,
On the fourth day car is still parked on side street not touched
Told a bunch of lies , not happy
The assessor does very little to keep the customer informed, and seems to working for the repairer
Inconvenienced and unprofessional

mario 1968

Great to be so concerned , loosing my car for 1 1/2 weeks for a minor not at fault claim is very poor , compensation is what is required not your apologies.

TDE
TDESydney, NSW

Dodgy

Sent a request through the app to cancel my policy. After 2 days still no call to complete the cancellation. Took the premium out of my account so I called to dispute and cancel, was told they wont refund the premium they took out but happy to cancel the policy. They also had the nerve to ask me to consider them once my new policy ends....why rob me and then suggest considering doing business again!?!
Paid $151 for 3 days insurance.

Seriously there are many cheaper options to consider, avoid Coles insurance!!

paula
paulaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible company! Do not use!

Charged an extra $800 due to new location which they deem high risk !! Charged $1600 a year!! Cannot revere or stop the policy for the exta charge- call center is in st africa !!! Worst company ever!

sam
samGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Low agreed value option

Tried to do full cover but the agreed value for my car was only $9000 and my car in the marked is worth around $21000. Was so disappointed when I heard that.

Shaneo
ShaneoSouthwest, VIC

Terrible experience with customer care team- I would avoid them. And way too expensive

Had a very poor experience with Coles car insurance, their call centre is very poorly managed and hard to deal with, and offer no real support.
I called up to discuss an address change and everything was so hard.
They more than double my premium, and didn’t offer any sort of loyalty discount. Or solution to my problem. And basically didn’t care at all.
Absolutely no loyalty for current customers.