Commonwealth Bank Branches

1.7

Zars Dale

Zars DaleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

SO BAD.DISGRACEFUL

If you want the following:-

Shocking rude customer service
Incompetence
Unable to contact them

Then the CAN bank will provide it.

They are probably the worst banking institution I have ever dealt with. How they have any customers is beyond me.

TopicCredit Card Application and General Transactions
Gillian R.

Gillian R.South East Queensland, QLD

Long wait with staff appearing to do nothing

They have 1.7 stars only because you have to give them one to comment ... time a bank this size got organised and looked after its clients moving my $1.50 to another bank

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions
Karen C.

Karen C.Sydney, NSW

Too busy for me

I have been with the Commonwealth bank for over 45 years. Always such a brilliant place to bank. Not anymore for me. They are always too busy. I have had an EFTPOS card that needs to be activated. I have been trying very diligently to get some help to do this. No online banking - due to somebody having fun with my card in USA - not me! I won't be staying with the Commonwealth Bank - I just can't get any satisfaction or assistance. I can't wait to start with my new bank!!!!!

Find out how Commonwealth Bank Branches compares to other Banks

Terrible service, much better go with NAB. So disappointed to have had CommBank for all this time.

- 6.5years
- normal easy bank and app to use, but nothing special and never help when really needed
- customer service and dispute centre one of the worst ever.

Stay away from them.

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions
Cher

CherSydney, NSW

Carnes Hill Excellent Service

I have been with the Commonwealth Bank for over 40 years personally and do the banking every week for work at the Carnes Hill Branch.
I am so happy with the service and the staff are professional but also very caring, nothing is a trouble for them.
I have been in the bank when a customer has shown anger because there has been a line and the bank is very busy, I can only commend the staff on the way they treat some customers even while they are being verbally abused. I must name Lynette, Michelle and Donna on their excellent service, and thank them for being so caring. Cheryl.

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking and General Transactions

Switching banks

As a customer myself I opened an account for my son, 8 weeks later still no card. When asked the first time they said they would re send another card, another 3 weeks passed so called again to be told oh they just aren't sending out cards now you'll have to go into a branch and get it sent there?! How about we just switch banks, bye. Terrible service

TopicNew Account
Verra

VerraSydney, NSW

Opening an account.

I have been with commbank maybe 10 years. Commbank is not reliable at all. Came to campsie branch to open an account yesterday. After 1 1/2hours couldn’t open it. Because my passport photo n licence photo doesn’t look the same. Because picachu knows better. Pls tell me if your photo from your passport 10 years ago and 3 years ago would it be the same?? No Commbank.

The B.

The B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Questionable

Allen commenting is accurate. The Cba treats people with disorders very poorly.

The Cba do make errors but they will always blame you for them...and sometimes charge you for them too.

Allen

AllenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cba Aggressive uncaring Bully Boys

George

George

Treatment of existing customers

Have been with the bank for over thirty years and its perplexing as to how they offer new customers better investment home loans deals than existing customers. With my investment home loans they kept increasing the interest rate without any movement from the RBA - claiming it's guidance from some sort of government dept.

TopicBusiness Banking

Excellent service mobile loan manager Chris

After a terrible experience with st George loan manager a quick decision to try the commonwealth bank paid off as Chris saved the day. Chris was extremely helpful willing to assist and answer emails and calls at any time. He is also very knowledgeable in providing accurate information. I received amazing support from Chris being that im a first home buyer he made the experience stress free and pleasant to deal with. I received approval within 4 days (oppose to st George over a week and they were still asking for me to provide more information) I would highly recommend all to speak with Chris from Commonwealth bank

TopicLoan Application
James

JamesAU

Useless bank.

The only good thing about this bank is their online banking and mobile app. After this, their branches and staffs at just the opposite of their online banking and mobile app. CBA should invest more on their human resources as they did to their app and website.

Nick

NickSouth East Queensland, QLD

Zero compassion

Alee willCentral Queensland, QLD

Would rather eat raw rats then deal with this bank

Alee will

Edit to add-THEY CHARGED ME $3 to use the teller as I had withdrawn the limit on my card via shopping-eg needed $2000 but had spent $400 that day-so had to use the teller-AND GOT CHARGED FOR IT.
HEY CBA-I like to get kissed b4 I get jammed up thanku

I will be cancelling my account with commonwealth as soon as I get my money back

Lhasa Apso G.

Lhasa Apso G.

After years of visiting the same branch every 2 weeks, I was refused a large sum withdrawal, I’m now closing the account

The account has been active for over 40 years. I’m offered an transaction account with no interest on the $600 k in my passbook account. I’m closing the account. I went to withdraw a large amount and I was refused.

Mary H.

Mary H.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Withdrawal transaction fees

i was charge for withdrawal assistance? I thought the branches are there to help us not to charge us..i've been with the bank for a long time but this is ridiculous..thumbs down..

Axle F.

Axle F.

Getting a loan

The Commonwealth bank never helps pensioners or low income earners get any loans. Always says NO. The interest rate on one's account is appalling. The bank leaves its customers POOR. The bank gets all the money, makes trillions of dollars. To do what with it? When a person DIES they do not take the money with them or their belongings.

TopicLoan Application
Niki Vee

Niki Vee

Customer service at it's worst...Laziest bank customer service - mirrabooka

Nelle

NelleGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Another cut in services to a small town

So now the CBA bank in Yarra Junction closes between - 1-2 pm for lunch. So to go to the bank I need to take time off work. Profits before people.