Commonwealth Bank Branches

Commonwealth Bank Branches

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

The CON Bank by name the Conbank by nature..

Absolutely the worst bank of the planet.. Rort after rort nothing but parasitic dunces.. They love false charges and holding your money for ransom... They're scum 4 sure only a ning nong would bank with them..

Review TypeATM Experience, Business Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Helping with an elderly client

I have had occasion to visit Monbulk Branch on several occasions with an elderly neighbour I assist. I found the help we received from Venas exceptionally good. The situation was difficult and she could not have been more helpful. She is an amazing asset to this branch. tank you again.

Great branch - Gouger Street, Adelaide SA

I randomly needed to visit this branch yesterday and from the moment I entered I was greeted with a friendly welcome and directed to the Teller area. The young lady teller was efficient, friendly and dealt with a couple of questions after the main transaction was finished in a very helpful manner. The overall "vibe" I felt in this branch was so much better than what I have been experiencing recently in my regular branch which appears understaffed, therefore making simple transactions and waiting times much longer than in the past.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Where's the minus stars for reviews

Being doing my mum's banking over 15yrs.
Today I was told they couldn't find me on their system.
All I wanted was passbook update withdraw some money add my own in cash to pay her nursing home fees.After being shoved from tell to manager back to teller I walked out in disgust when I was told I would have to wait a further 10mins to be entered in their system.
50 yrs my mum's been banking there but new faces in branch were fumbling not knowing what they're doing.
WHO CAN? is their motto
Not the COMMONWEALTH
that's for sure.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions
Further to my previous comments. Today I went into another commonwealth branch. Withdrew from my mum's account added cash as well and paid her nursing home fees. It's a pity the ignorant glam queens at Jetty Rd Glenelg branch were too ignorant to do their job properly.

two close branches have been closed

20 years with the bank, two local branches closed in last 3 months, have spent one hour trying to get through to the bank. When I got to the city branch service was down.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Lies Lies Lies.. Do Not Trust Banks Or Lenders.

Smiling and lying to my face.

Some overseas person with reasonable English who works for combank home lending, was just lying outright.

It was hilarious. What's even funnier the branch has won awards!!!

Beware they lie to you outright to harvest as much financial and other non financial information about you as much as possible, by making you feel that you will get the loan so you open right up they ask questions about age, marriage, where you spend your credit card to buy coffee etc, make you feel totally at ease to grab as much info as possible about you that has nothing to do with the loan.

They do it because they know you really need help to refinance then they harvest information that's very private.

Then you go away all smiles and come back another day to waste more of your time.

They then use financial excuses on spending too much on a holiday on your credit card or something weird.

Stay away these people are snake oil merchants and completely disgusting liars.

I sold shares on CommSec THEY DIDN'T PAY ME

I sold $2,588.14 of shares via Commsec.
It says "Date Due 4 July" - as in they owe me $2,588.14 on 4th July.

Look at the screen shot ONE: as of 11.58pm of 4th July, they still had the money sitting in Commsec awaiting payment.

Now look at TWO: as of 12.04am on 5th July, the amount owed went to ZERO. Ok so they paid me, right? NO. The money is gone, vanished in thin air!

Called the bank and they said "not our department". Commsec says they paid, but CBA says they never received the funds from Commsec.

Commsec says "call the bank".
The bank says "call Commsec".

Haha they are the SAME company.

Commonwealth Bank stole my money and they have no department who looks after such matters.

UPDATE: I did finally get my money. Still it's not reasonable imho for bank to allow money from your accounts to be taken and have no explanation for any of the following questions:
1. what happened,
2. who took it,
3. where it is, and
4. when you will get it back.

Review TypeBusiness Banking and General Transactions

Bank staff wouldn’t change cash for cash!!!!

I withdrew some money from the atm outside the St Albans, VIC branch but instead of $50 notes, the machine gave out $100 notes. I needed $50s so I went into the branch and asked to swap the $100 bills into $50s (about $1,000). I was the only customer at the counter and there was no queue.

However, I was shocked that the counter staff (Tan] refused to swap for me as I was not a Commonwealth customer. The staff on the other counter (Ann) said that it is CBA’s policy to not swap for non CBA customers. I then approached the front concierge counter officer (Anna) who said the same thing. All of them refused to change my $100 bills into $50 bills. Can you believe that?? What a dumb bank. I think I deserve an apology!!!!

vindictive

found them obstructive when going to new lender even after being with them long term loans
they dont realise who it now effects loans other family members have as they are all reviewing arrangements

arrogant incompetent company

I have banked with Commonwealth since I was a child and so have my parents. My 86 year old mother was held in the branch office for 2 -3 hours because she wanted to withdraw her money and they wouldn't let her. They said she might get robbed. Different staff members kept coming in and interrogating her until in total fear and humiliation she rang me. I raced down there, but in the meantime I told her to demand a cheque. They didn't even ask her if a cheque would be ok. The idiots all just assumed she wanted cash. Even after all that they only gave her a portion of her money because Dad's name was still on the account after having passed away. The next thing they did was send her a letter addressed to her stating that she had died and they needed to see HER death certificate. I went down to sort it out and instead of any kind of apology they just shook their head and wanted an argument about how they wouldn't do those things. I tried to get the rest of her money out for her and close her accounts but they said she needed to be there......Well she tried to do that and they wouldn't let her! Then it occurred to me to ask if it was a zero balance could she close it over the phone. Again, they didn't have the nouse to think of that. I had to...Unbelievable! incompetent horrible bank. Won't ever deal with Commonwealth again.

Nil Service

I was a long time customer of Commonwealth Bank, my parents opened my very first dollar mite account when I was in kindy, then my husband and I went on to open other accounts even a business account. Unfortunately not really sure what happened with Commonwealth Bank in general, we ended up closing our account, then the Business account. Service was terrible and still is terrible.

After many years of thinking it may get better and even after opening my kids accounts with CBA, we have recently closed them as well. I cannot remember the last time I visited their branches and personally been greeted by one of their staff members. Having lived in my suburb for over 20 yrs never once was even seeked out when visiting the local branch, even when I was depositing a large of amount of money it was as if I did not even exist.

After receiving such bad service at a branch about the kids accounts, left me in complete shock and absolutely thinking why I am still banking with these people. The service staff did not know when to stop with her rude manner.
I have memories of when I was a kid banking my money and they had such lovely customer service staff members, now the staff only care about who knows?
Thankfully left CBA now and happily will not be recommending them.

Review TypeATM Experience, General Transactions and New Account

Who knew?

I'm an older man with a heart condition as well as suffering from P.T.S.D. The other day I went to the C.B.A. A.T.M. to draw money to pay for my fortnightly medication, I took my card but I forgot to take the money as I was distracted by my phone ringing. I immediately went to the bank feeling like such an idiot, not really expecting any help but these wonderful women at the Woy Woy branch enabled me to get a temporary overdraft. I don't have savings, I rely solely on my pension and it's tough. Without this medication I would be attached to a machine in a hospital. Thank you ladies, you have no idea how much you helped. Now I know why I'm with the Commonwealth Bank.

Review TypeATM Experience

Albert machine

Very disappointed with this plan . Declining all the transactions. I have all my payments pending from the customers . I won’t recommend this to anyone. Paying so much monthly for bad service

Review TypeBusiness Banking

Terrible service- huge disappointment.

I have been a client for 5 years and looks like it is time to go somewhere else. Never needed a help from them and the one time I did, It was offered to me and it was not done correctly.
Needed a help with international transfer to make sure all info will be entered correctly. I did the transfer based on guideline provided by the bank employee in a branch and the money did not go through. They bounced back and it cost me 110 dollars which was 20% of the amount transferred. Bank did not accept any fault and blamed me for doing incorrect transfer. You would expect knowledgeable employees in a branch but seems like they know less than you. If I would at least told that they don't know, I would go somewhere else. Instead they told be what to do and the end result was very disappointing.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

So tired of the utter lack of care, interest and follow through from the Commonwealth Bank

I have banked with the Commonwealth for a few decades. I have found their service less and less efficient. The time standing in queues, longer and longer. And in the past year, their follow through on what they are going 'to do for me', virtually non existent! I am disappointed and fed up, and now going elsewhere!

Professional friendly service

Long standing customer just released from hospital & advised my bank account had been compromised.Presented myself at Commonwealth Westfield Eastgardens & was very ably assisted by service agent Eleni.This young lady handled my problem in a calm friendly & efficient manner.She is a fine ambassador to your organisation.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Joondalup, focus on matter at hand not side shows.

Opened a wage account at the beginning of the month (May). I am going into the forth week without ATM card. The reasons are:
1) wrong address keyed into the system despite the bank taking a copy of an up to date driver licence.
2) Too much focus on irrelevant questions and personal data mining by the bank to the detriment of my interests as a customer. Supposed straight forward transaction, opening an account, but not at this branch. They want to know how long ago you were on holiday, when you are going on your next holiday, will it be with “wife”, how many cars have you got and what’s their value, value of household, the balance of your superannuation, how many kids have you and their ages etc... Big surprise- this chit chat goes into records in your file. When you protest the nature and relevance of questioning the bank digs in! As much as the bank wants to be my “friend”, it should stick to relevant questions with regards to their product.

It’s a wage account not a mortgage application!
Open account online (it’s a brief, to the point procedure) if you must. “Rapport” building at this branch is hawkish bordering on rudeness.

Review TypeNew Account

Don't use CBA

My partner and I have been with CBA for around 3yrs and are low income family. They charge fees for everything even tho we have a fee free account for low income earners, they decide if a direct debit will be honored or not then charge me a fee if not all funds are there ( to me if no funds dishonour it not decide on your own it's not your account).
My partner lost her online banking login info so we called them and was told to go in to a branch and they will sort it (yeah rite), we went into our branch and spoke to the greeter and told her that my partner lost her online login info and she said go on to our self serve computer so we did and asked for her login info lol so told the lady it's no help as it asks for login info and that's what she needs but wow this lady insisted we use the computer, I gave her a dumb look and said are you that stupid we need my partners online banking login info not to just reset password and we walked out.
If you want stupid people looking after your money then go with CBA.
We are currently changing banks as had enough oh my partner never got her login info lucky it's a joint account so I could still access our account just couldn't activate her card.
Very disappointed in the CBA.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

CBA Customer Support fail!!

I have been a loyal CBA customer for over 20 years, multiple home loans nd accounts.
After inquiring in the branch to reduce my home loan rate, I was given a minimal decrease and asked to check my act the loans office to get a better deal. When I did just that, I was told I can’t apply for another discount for 12 months!
I am leaving CBA!!!!

ALWAYS AMAZING

I have been with Comm Bank for may years and used many branches. Never have I had a bad experience.
Comm is always helpful and understands the struggles of everyday life for people how are not in the high income earners bracket. Always helpful, understanding and will always find a solution. THANKS CBA.