Cover-More Premium Travel Insurance - Single Trip

2.5

Liz

LizGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

MISLEADING AND FRADULENT

Purchased this travel insurance before the pandemic was declared and purchased cancel any reason cover as detailed when I purchased the insurance. Come to find out the cancel any reason cover was just plain cancellation cover and the exclusions don't allow you to cancel at all.

The only reason i purchased insurance through Cover-More rather than RACV was because of the cancel any reason cover detailed on their website (which has now been removed). Now I've been told the only way to get this is through a travel agent.

Their advertising is fraudulent and misleading. Their customer service is atrocious and blamed me for not realising it wasn't cancel any reason like it stated.

Mark

MarkSouth East Queensland, QLD

The policy is worthless

There is no point to paying for this insurance as it is basically worthless. You are not covered in times of pandemic, nor if travel agents and the companies insolvent.

Elizabeth

ElizabethMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Refusing to provide a full refund

Travel Insurance

Find out how Cover-More Premium Travel Insurance - Single Trip compares to other Travel Insurance

Ash D

Ash DSouth East Queensland, QLD

Covermore took 25% off my refund

Due to Corona virus I can't go overseas in June. My tdavel agent is organising full refund from an airline, but I am to get partial refund from Covermore as my policy was from end of last year. This is the first time I got my travel insurance and got ripped off without even leaving the country. They keep referring to the policy, but I can't justify them stealing 25% of my money for nothing.

Insurance Cover ForAdult and Child
Dianne

Dianne

Appalling Treatment of Customers

Policy No 720100143269 - Still waiting on a response to my last email which contains full details of my issue with your company. Please attend to this matter urgently otherwise my next product review on this site will expose your company for its complete disregard of your own published PDS when dealing with cancellation of a policy.

Refund only 25% of what paid

I paid $1200 for Cover More insurance for a trip due on 5 June 2020.
Obviously this is not going to happen.
Cover More now advises me that I either get credits for future travel, which we are not sure of, or for a refund we lose about 75% of monies paid. Not fair as no risk for any claim. Policy number is 7190 0106 8616

Insurance Cover ForSenior
BruserSnr

BruserSnrPerth, WA

Non Existent Service - Stay Away From Covermore

I am in the habit of posting good and bad reviews as deserved.
On this occasion, I had a simple question for Covermore. To satisfy me, all that was required was a simple e-mail, with virtually a 'Yes' or 'No' answer. That was about 5 weeks ago. Since then, I've sent several messages with absolutely no reply from any of them.
I presume I would have got the same response from a phone call. However, I couldn't get anyone to answer the phone.
I do realize it's a busy time. However, I would have expected an acknowledgement, at least. In any case, 5 weeks should be more than enough.
Whatever the reason (excuse) from Covermore, it isn't acceptable.
Do yourself a favour, insure with anyone but Covermore.

Insurance Cover ForSenior

Unhappy CustomerPerth, WA

Waste of money

This policy was a complete waste of money. I took out cover in Dec before Corona Virus and took out cancellation cover for further protection, I tried to make a claim for $500 cancellation free from my accommodation and its not covered for anything. The policy is totally worthless and a complete and utter waste of money. The person on the phone even had the gall to tell me the policy is excellent yet i cant claim one cent??? Should have booked with BUPA, they have been helping their customers and were cheaper too... never again Covermore!

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Unhappy Customer

I don't have a claim number, when I phoned you I was advised that my claim would not be covered because this is a pandemic and the fact I took out 10K cancellation cover meant nothing. Therefore submitting a claim would be a waste of my time.

Partial Refund

I had travel Insurance with Cover more for a trip to Europe this year they don't cover a pandemic and as I took out my insurance last year they only REFUNED part of my insurance I paid not the full even though I never made a claim . I had used many times before BUT NEVER AGAIN would I use them .

Insurance Cover ForAdult and Senior
Kit
Kit

My policy number is 719000718448 I purchased the policy on the 27.08.2019 long before the pandemic .

Never again

Booked a travel insurance policy last year for a carnival cruise which was meant to depart on the 3rd of April, 2020 but was cancelled due to covid 19. Rang up in early March querying possible cancellation- told about pandemic clause (never mentioned when booking). Cruise eventually cancelled a few weeks later by carnival, tried to contact covermore on several occassions and couldn't get through. Emailed them and received no response. Paid for insurance I couldn't use and didn't even get the chance to change the dates for future travel as no response from covermore. Will never use them again!!!

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Sarah
Sarah

Hi there,
My policy number was 719100453544.

Thanks Sarah

Karen MGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Customer service is appalling!!!

Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMarch 2020
Claim ApprovedNo

Molly HGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible Service

Absolutely no correspondence following a skiing accident in Canada this January. Upon returning home I was issued a bill from the hospital, and have had no responses to emails whatsoever, it has been over 10 days. I called over a week ago, waited on hold for 3.5 hours, only to be told I would be 'called back'.... yet to receive the call back. I was left on hold for 3 hours yesterday, only to realise at 7:30 pm the call centre had been closed, yet they left me (and I'm sure many many others) waiting on hold. Terrible service! Still waiting on hold right now, its been 5 hours!, please please please do not use cover-more!

Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateJanuary 2020

Claim Number is 1330050.

Molly H

Having to write a terrible review to receive correspondence from your company proves the dismal service you offer.

Don't bother with Cover-more

Had to cancel our trip due to the COVID-19 as a result cover-more will not refund 100% of the funds even though there is an international travel ban on with the potential to last up to next year. Even though our trip is not until the end of the year they decided to withhold funds from the refund.

Dan

Oh so now you are sorry even though yesterday I was basically told to bad so sad
Policy number 7190 0090 4547

And policy number 7190 0090 4543

SamHFar North Queensland, QLD

Cover-More Profiteering from the COViD-19 at Customer Expense!

SamH

Policy Number 719100949529! Feel free to call me anytime!

Chai T.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Over a month with no refund

Policy purchased on the 8/3/20 and then cancelled via email on the 22/3/20 within 15 working day cooling off period, received an automated response only, follow up email received another automated response “reply in 2 working days” 3 weeks later and still no response, another follow up email, got another automated response message. Please refund my $228 asap, it has been too long already.

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

Policy Number: 720100217015 please process the refund asap

Trevor

TrevorWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Appalling service

DestinationEurope and North America (inc. Hawaii)
Sam

SamSydney, NSW

Extremely Poor Customer Service

DestinationNew Zealand

LaurainPerth, WA

Missing in action

I took out a 10 week policy in Oct 19 with $25,000 cancellation cover. My trip was cancelled by my tour operator before any travel bans in place. I have tried to do an online claim and it says my details are not correct (which they are not), I have tried to call and never get through and have emailed twice with no response. I have always used covermore but have not previously had to claim, extremely disappointing service.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)

7190 00889375 it is in the two emails I have sent you

Avoid at all costs!

Spent almost a thousand dollars on a 6-month travel insurance policy with CoverMore. Had to return to Australia after just three weeks due to Coronavirus. E-mailed CoverMore from Colombia four weeks ago to ask what my options might be with regard to returning to Australia (ie whether or not this would be covered by my insurance policy - apparently not) but got no response. E-mailed them again two weeks ago after returning to Australia to cancel the remaining five months of my policy. Still no response.

DestinationSouth America
Matt
Matt

I have already provided my policy number in each email I have sent to your useless company. Try checking your emails.

Leisa C

Leisa CCentral Queensland, QLD

Have Cover-more disappeared

Purchased Policy 720100213823 on 06/03/20. Emailed to cancel policy on 21/03/20 just within the cooling off period and got an automated message. I have since emailed three more times and have not received anything other than the automated email from them. I have used this company for prior travel insurance and not made any claims. Why are they ignoring me as they’ve had nearly four weeks to reply or contact me and are they doing the same to everyone and profiting from our cancelled plans...??

See all Cover-More Travel Insurance reviews