DeLonghi Dedica EC685M (Silver)

DeLonghi Dedica EC685M (Silver)

MPN: EC685M

Davo

DavoPerth, WA

Good value machine

Great little machine for what you pay for. Not perfect, it has a few little idiosyncrasies that take a bit getting used to, but all coffee machines are like that. Easy to clean, but keep on top of it. We live in Perth and the water has more minerals etc so needs to be cleaned more regularly. Overall good value

Purchased in November 2018 for $300.00.

Milk Frothing
GrinderKenwood CG600
De'LongiDeLonghi

Thank you for your review Davo!

Will

WillPerth

Excellent Home UNit

Only owned a few weeks but wich Id bought years ago, previously using nespresso pod mahcine - this is much better. Takes a little while to heat up but once it does it is awesome. Great pressure from steam wand.

Purchased in May 2019 at Myer.

GrinderDeLonghi KG39
Tarl

TarlSouth East Queensland, QLD

good when it worked

This machine was quite good when new. coffee was ok though It would stuggled to make a stong double shot with enough volume . It seems to need descaling a lot. In under 12 mnths the water failed to pass through the filter and basket, even with no coffee in it. The pump has gone again it seems, just like the last identical model we had (this is a replacement from the store). I have owned better machines in the past but to be fair they were more expensive. I will buy another brand

Purchased in July 2018 for $199.00.

GrinderSunbeam Conical Burr Grinder EM0450
Sophie

Sophie

Great espresso machine

Easy to use espresso machine with double and single shot attachments. Produces a good quality coffee. And milk frother works well though needs cleaning after each use. Overall easy to clean and descale.

Purchased in December 2017 at JB Hi-Fi.

Milk Frothing

Anna09

Anna09SYDNEY

So worth it!

Recently bought this coffee machine instead of a capsule one. The coffee it makes is absolutely fantastic, I mean to the level of Melbourne coffee shop. Very easy to use. First I was afraid that too many parts will require cleaning and they do (6 including milk jug) but 5 can simply be rinsed so it literally takes few seconds. As this is not a new model I got it practically at half the original RRP. Very happy with the purchase.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Kat

KatAustralia

This is a beautiful machine

I enjoy the coffee made from this machine. It probably doesn’t get quite as hot as a fully equipped coffee machine and the pressure heads definitely weaken the coffee a bit, but it still makes a beautiful shot and is very easy to use. Would recommend for something on the lower end scale price but wanting to drink less coffee out.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Nat

NatTownsville

Lovely and creamy

Purchased in March 2018 at Amazon for $135.96.

Tom

Tom

Great entry level coffee machine for home coffees.

Quite a good machine, certainly worth the value for money and price. It pays to spend time practising with this machine and running it in. Also the quality of your grind is essential between a bad and good coffee. Once i shifted to a good grinder, i can now make perfect single or double shot espressos. The steamer does the job, but isn't exceptional.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
WendyChef

WendyChefGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Versatile little machine that punches above its weight.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Vicky Linnett

Vicky LinnettSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great coffee machine - easy to use & clean

We had a coffee machine before which used pods but I like the fact that with this machine you can use pods or fresh coffee. Now we can get freshly ground coffee which tastes and smells better than the pods and is much more cost effective.
The machine is easy to use (once you've got used to it) and easy to clean. The milk frother is also easy to use and clean.
It's not too big so will fit into smaller kitchens.

Dane D

Dane DMelbourne

Slow to heat milk, but the coffee tastes great.

Bought for $250 for Christmas and it's actually alright. The coffee tastes great, and we buy our packets from coles - so that says something.

One flaw is the steamer is a little slow, it would take me almost a full minute to heat the milk to 65 Degrees.
The only other flaw is you can't drink from regular sized mugs with this model. They just don't fit under the group handle.

Scott F

Scott FMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very happy with this coffee machine

Date PurchasedMar 2018

CHRIS HUNT

CHRIS HUNTMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great compact machine

This is a great little machine. Has the ability to make good coffee from a variety of ground coffee I throw at it. Takes up very little counter space has easy operation makes piping hot coffee and the frother works well. Longevity is unknown at this time but it seems to be good value.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

SHAI

SHAITORONTO

Minor details

The espresso maker is producing a great tasting shot.
Temp. level as well as shot volume are a bonus.
On the downside, the locking mechanism is unforgiven to extra coffee in the cup filter (will not allow you to lock into position). The pin hole at the bottom of the filter plugs easily. The cup tray stains and scratches in no time.

3 strikes out

We bought a delonghi that we returned because we did not like the feature of needing to stop the flow. We bought a dedica, loving the sleek design and great features. After about 3 weeks of great coffee it stopped working. We descaled it and it still did not work. Thinking we bought a lemon, we exchanged it for the same model. Again, about a month of great coffee and the descale light came on. We descaled it following directions exactly, no coffee. What a disappointment! We really wanted this to work but these coffee machines have serious design flaws and we are experienced cappuccino brewers. Not worth the money or hassle.

AARON C

AARON C

All you need in a coffee machine

have used it for over 9 months to make on 3-6 cups per day. The anti scale clean is a bit slow and inside the coffee cradle appears a little loose however Super happy with this machine.

If you want fantastc coffee you MUST also buy a "conical burr grinder" and learn how to consistantly tamp the ground coffee for Perfect results. (You dont need a Big expensive industrial machine for great results)

Zhanna Kurenkova

Zhanna KurenkovaBrisbane

Can't imagine my morning without it!!

We are very happy about our purchase - Coffee from this coffee machine taste just great and it is very easy to use. Cleaning can take up to 3 - 4 min though. Overall great purchase and I would recommend this model to anyone who appreciate the taste of real coffee.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Not worth the money

I assumed for $450 I would be getting a decent machine after only owning ones from the $200 range however I am SO disappointed. Single shot basket is closer to a quarter shot, double shot basket is more of a single. You can't use different heads/handles, the milk frother is all of 5cm long so you cant use a jug any bigger than 300ml (forget temping more than one coffee worth of milk at a time) and finally it pours a 12-15 second shot even on a very fine grind (should be 26-30 seconds)
Awful machine and a waste of money if you actually enjoy coffee. Unless you're upgrading from nescafe instant, you'll be disappointed too.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Alex

AlexGold Coast

You get what you pay for

Makes pretty decent coffee fairly quickly and the frother is quite good. If you live by yourself, this will model should suffice. Cleaning is also quite easy. My only gripe is that there should be an option for stronger coffee. Appart from that, I have been quite satisfied with Dedica.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Anna

AnnaVictoria, 3977

Best gift ever!

Bought this as a gift for my partner who loves it. He is quite fussy about his coffee and now can make it just how he likes it at home - far more economical than buying at coffee each day, the machine pays for itself in no time. Its easy to use and clean. Comes with three diffferemt cup size options for the amount of coffee you want to use. Neat and stylish looking on our kitchen counter. Manual is easy to read and understand. Happy with the purchase and can recommend.

Robyn Casked

My Delonghi coffee maker EC685 does nothing when I follow the instructions to descale it. How can I get past this?

If you search (use google as much as I dislike it) 'delonghi dedica descale' and follow the delonghi how to or 'goat toaster 9' tutorials on YouTube you should be well on your way. I thought the instructions included in the packaging were a bit double dutch initially.
The Oracle has a bit of a fault fixer for the 680 model if there are problems after descale. If no satisfaction after following instructuctions take it back to the shop. I hope this helps.

Robyn C

Thank you, will will look that up. I could follow the instructions that came with the machine but the machine did not react according to the instructions. A tutorial sounds like just the thing!

Federico V.

Federico V.asked

After 3 months I did the descaling process with the provided Kit, but after that the descaling, the yellow alarm light is not turning off. I did the descaling a second time and still the light is on. I resetted the cofee machine as per manual procedure but the light is still on.
Can you help me?

PeterH

Sounds like the machine has developed a fault. It's under warranty, take it back and ask for a refund and buy a good machine. The one Aldi had on sale for $299 is a far far better machine for less money.

De'LonghiDeLonghi

Hi Federico,

It sounds as though you have followed the suggested course of action. If you could please call our customer service team on 1800 126 659 they will be able chat the issue through with you.

Kind regards,
De'Longhi Australia

efrat.zaiasked

I have it for several months.
Suddenly the milk frother makes aweful loud sound. And doesnt make any foam.
I did a decale a week ago, i cleans the stick and also the rubber inside.
It pours water well. Just when i put it in forther mode it squiks. Horrible noise.
Someone has an idea?

PeterH

Sorry no idea but I wouldn't expect it to last. Take it back under warranty.

De'LonghiDeLonghi

Hi Efrat,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your Dedica. Please contact our customer service team on 1800 126 659 and our team will be able to help you. Alternatively, you can visit your nearest service centre which can be found at the following link: https://www.delonghi.com/en-au/customer-support/service-locator

Kind Regards,
De'Longhi Australia

Thank you!

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives

CategoryManual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines