Super Easy, consistent performer!

I wanted a quick and easy coffee experience at home and bought this machine after a Taste Test in-store at a Good Guys. I purchased this machine as the frother was independent of the main unit and had been advised by friends that frothers could sometimes fail - but mine hasn't missed a beat!
Both the main pod unit and frother are very compact which is great in a small kitchen like mine. I have tried many pods but pretty much stick to Nespresso Capriccio as my go to pod. Coffee taste from this machine is incredibly consistent and the process is so easy, i'd be hard pressed to ever want to move to a larger, manual machine.

Purchased in January 2012 at The Good Guys.

Milk Frothing
Product is used: Weekly

Nespresso pod - My experience

Background:-
We have had many coffee machines over the years. At the moment we have three. One is a barista machine and get used each the morning. Another one only expresses coffee but is not used.
Things changed when we tried a pod machine while overseas. Did research here and nearly purchased a secondhand one but when tested found it to be faulty. Then found another in mint condition with the partner frother and some spare pods!

Benefits:-
Great if you are lazy or short of time. Small footprint. Quick, easy to clean, simple to start and operate - just 2 buttons!
Huge range of suitable pods.

Issues:-
Not as good as our barista machine.

Comments:-
Many people start with a pod machine and move up. Not us!
We don’t use the frother. We microwave the milk in a cup/mug then add the coffee. You need to stir as the coffee sits at the top.
There are sooo many pods with different flavours and strengths. You need to experiment to find ones that suit you.

Purchased in June 2019 at Second hand for $50.00.

Product is used: Daily

Can’t live without it

Very easy product to clean and use. I love how I can make a coffee in the morning and only push 2 buttons. I can’t live without this thing! We have had it for 4 years now and it is still working as brand new

Purchased in November 2014 for $199.00.

Product is used: Daily

Definitely worth the money

I've been using my trusty old Pixie for over 7 years now and whilst the milk frother is on it's way out (red light keeps flashing) it has done some solid service.

I remember thinking it was a bit pricey when I bought it, but to be fair it has been worth every cent, especially if you grab the cheaper pods! I drink latte's and with a Nespresso you can make a coffee that's just as nice as it would be from the local cafe so would definitely recommend.

Date PurchasedFeb 2011

Love this small, compact and easy to use machine

Absolutely love our delonghi machine. It's a great, small size, and basic/easy to use. I know its possibly at the bottom of the scale when it comes to delonghi machines, but it does the job, everyone can work it easily enough, and last but not least, it's survived 6-7 years now without a hitch!. Amazing. We are so happy with it.

Date PurchasedMar 2012

Functional and practical

Bought this for 3 years now, it’s small & practical bcos I have a small bench to put this on in the kitchen which doesn’t take up a lot of space. Also I’m glad that it’s lasted this long as it was good value. Only issue I had was that the machine could no longer puncture the coffee capsules but this was easily fixed by cleaning the machine parts which was part of wear & tear from long term use.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Great little cofee maker

I like this more the longer I have it. When I got it for christmas I was a bit underwhelmed (was not a pod coffee fan) but little by little it has won me over and I see its place in the scheme of things. It's just so fast to make a coffee and tastes a lot better than instant so I use it for an intermediate fix. Really quick and clean to use.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Use this constantly

I have been using this machine a few times every day since 2015. It is faultless to operate. Perfect coffee every time! Very easy to use and I have not had any maintenance issues to date. This is just the right amount of utility and very simple to program. It it the first thing that I go for every single morning in the kitchen!

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Great coffee, easy to use

Love the flavour it gives to each coffee, very compact and easy to use. To clean it’s quite easy, definitely rescale it yearly as it makes a big difference to the coffee quality. Aerocino can be hard to clean and the pixie can sometimes leak water if overfilled. Good way to start with Nespresso

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Good little machine.

I found this to be a good little machine. The coffee tastes pretty good although it tends to need milk as it doesn't taste that great just black. The frothing device that you can purchase with it is also good although you have to be careful as milk can stick to the bottom of it as it warms and it can be difficult to clean off.

Date PurchasedMay 2010

Great coffee machine

I bought two of this coffee machine. One for myself and one for my dad. It is very easy to use and easy to clean. The machine is quick to heat and easy to set the water level. Part can be pull apart to clean often. I have had this machine for 5 years and still very happy with it!

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Very good

Although the pods are pricey the machine is good for a good fast coffee and in the early morning. Has not given me any issues except when cleaning where the coffee liquid seems to go outside the pod catcher. looks good and its modern design, works well in in the kitchen not just as a functional device but also as an aesthetic device.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Great, practical machine

The nespresso coffee capsules variety are endless.
It may not be as great as the traditional coffee machine but it is very practical & easy to use.
We just have to put in the capsule & it will be ready in a minute.
As long as you ensure the cleanliness after use, you don’t need to do any special cleaning.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Stylish Coffee Maker

Bought one after our previous Nespresso machine gave up on us and have loved using it. Easy to use and clean, and the Nespresso ecosystem is great in terms of pod availability and range - however they can be a bit on the pricier side. Have yet to try non-Nespresso pods with this although I have heard they work. The pixie clips are a great addition, allowing you to add a bit of flair and colour if you want to, and are easy to swap out. The Aeroccino is great too if you like frothed milk. Machine has worked perfectly so far!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Gift that keeps giving on a daily basis

Although the pods a little dearer (always research this before jumping in) it was a little bit of luxury that was worth it every early morning. Has not given me any issues and the aeroccino froths the milk great. Very stylish and modern design, fits into the kitchen not just as a functional device but also as an aesthetic device.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

It does the job

I received this machine as a gift and think it’s a pretty good I love the taste of the Nespresso pods (particularly the rosabaya ones) and I find the machine is pretty simple to operate. It doesn’t take up too much space on the bench and isn’t ugly to look at.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Good product for the price, tasty coffee.

This machine is extremely simple to operate, and the coffee produced is to a high standard. Although not the best coffee capsule machine on the market, for the price point at which this is available, it is unbeatable. Cleaning is extremely easy, with all parts removable and can be washed in the dishwasher. The aerochino attachment is useful and works well.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Good machine

I rarely drink coffee but this was a gift. This is a great value for capsules coffee. It has all functions you need and very simple to do the coffee. I would recommend the authentic coffee capsules from Nespresso as I do feel they have the best pods available compared to some cheaper ones

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Best purchase ever!

The coffee pods direct from Nespresso are by far better than cafe quality. Making my own coffee each day is
all the more satisfying and is consistently spot on. Great for value for money, can be easily taken to the workplace if necessary ( the guys on the job site are always happy with a latte at smoko) and perfect for a cuppa in the evening.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Pretty good now there are more pod options

This one has a good compact form factor so it does look obtrusive on the counter. The coffee extraction is good and now there are more pod options at the supermarket it’s good to try different brands. Cleaning is easy just put the tray in the dishwasher. Milk frothed could be better.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

The coffeeis going out through the machine and onto bench not in the cup

C60 plug in cord and power on and just get blinking lights in session of 3 blinks repeatedly. Any ideas?

Is the cup base removable for taller glasses?
You actually flip up the tray and insert the glass if it’s tallerYou can flip it up to make way for taller cups and glasses.

DeLonghi Nespresso Pixie EN126AE (White Coral)DeLonghi Nespresso Pixie EN125SPLUS (Silver, Aeroccino Plus)DeLonghi Nespresso Pixie EN125RAEPLUS (Red, Aeroccino Plus)DeLonghi Nespresso Pixie EN125SAE (Silver, Aeroccino)DeLonghi Nespresso Pixie EN125A (Sky Blue)DeLonghi Nespresso Pixie EN125L (Lime)DeLonghi Nespresso Pixie EN125S (Silver)DeLonghi Nespresso Pixie EN125R (Red)DeLonghi Nespresso Pixie EN125LPLUS (Lime, Aeroccino Plus)DeLonghi Nespresso Pixie EN125RAE (Red, Aeroccino)DeLonghi Nespresso Pixie EN125APLUS (Sky Blue, Aeroccino Plus)DeLonghi Nespresso Pixie EN125RPLUS (Red, Aeroccino Plus)DeLonghi Nespresso Pixie EN125MAE (Metal, Aeroccino)DeLonghi Nespresso Pixie EN125MAEPLUS (Metal, Aeroccino Plus)
CategoryCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod Machines
Pump Pressure19 bar19 bar19 bar19 bar19 bar19 bar19 bar19 bar19 bar19 bar19 bar19 bar19 bar19 bar
Input Power1,260 W1,260 W1,260 W1,260 W1,260 W1,260 W1,260 W1,260 W1,260 W1,260 W1,260 W1,260 W1,260 W1,260 W
Water Tank Capacity0.7 L0.7 L0.7 L0.7 L0.7 L0.7 L0.7 L0.7 L0.7 L0.7 L0.7 L0.7 L0.7 L0.7 L
Colour / Finish White CoralSilverRedSilverSky BlueLimeSilverRedLimeRedSky BlueRedMetalMetal
Dimensions 235 x 111 x 326 mm235 x 111 x 326 mm235 x 111 x 326 mm235 x 111 x 326 mm235 x 111 x 326 mm235 x 111 x 326 mm235 x 111 x 326 mm235 x 111 x 326 mm235 x 111 x 326 mm235 x 111 x 326 mm235 x 111 x 326 mm
Weight3 kg3 kg3 kg3 kg3 kg3 kg3 kg3 kg3 kg3 kg3 kg3 kg3 kg3 kg
Capsule CompatabilityNespressoNespressoNespressoNespressoNespressoNespressoNespressoNespressoNespressoNespressoNespressoNespressoNespressoNespresso
Milk FrotherIntegratedIntegratedNoneIntegratedNoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNone
Heat-up Time 30 seconds30 seconds30 seconds30 seconds30 seconds30 seconds30 seconds30 seconds30 seconds30 seconds30 seconds30 seconds30 seconds30 seconds
Auto Shut-offYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes
Shot FunctionsEspresso and LungoEspresso and LungoEspresso and LungoEspresso and LungoEspresso and LungoEspresso and LungoEspresso and LungoEspresso and LungoEspresso and LungoEspresso and LungoEspresso and LungoEspresso and LungoEspresso and LungoEspresso and Lungo
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateApr 2011Apr 2011Apr 2011