2DeLonghi PrimaDonna Soul ECAM61075MB

DeLonghi PrimaDonna Soul ECAM61075MB Questions & Answers

VerifiedMPNs:ECAM610.75.MB and ECAM61075MB
2DeLonghi PrimaDonna Soul ECAM61075MB
Malcolm C.

I have tried to make a Caffelatte with my brand new Primadonna Soul coffee machine, but instead of delivering a latte coffee it only delivers hot milk.
Can you tell me why?

DeLonghi   DM

Hi Malcolm, Thank you for your question.

Latte generally involves 180ML of Milk and 60ML of coffee.

If you use a large mug - You will see the measurements.

The great thing about this appliance is you can customise any drink you like.

Please see below the how-to videos to help you with your appliance:

Malcolm C.

I don't think you read my initial query
I press the button for Caffelatte and all I get is milk. No coffee comes out of the machine.
Is this normal or is there something wrong with this brand new machine

Malcolm C.

By the way I know what a latte is

Malcolm C.

Well I watched the YouTube video as you suggested. No reference whatsoever to Caffelatte delivering milk only. I'm assuming therefore this is a faulty machine.
Please furnish me with reply paid postage so I can send this faulty machine back to you

DeLonghi   DM

Hi Malcolm, Thanks for your answers and sorry for the misunderstanding.

Please go into settings and do default values on your appliance and see if this works?

If your appliance is under manufacturer warranty which is 24 months - We can refer you to a service a centre for assessment. Our service technicians will determine repair or replacement.

If you wish to go ahead with this service, please private message us with your details so we can have this organised for you.

De’Longhi Team

Malcolm C.

So I assume, from your answer, that the machine should not be doing that?

DeLonghi   DM

Hi Malcolm, No - Should not just do milk only.

Please also check it's not on a pre-ground function.

Have you done default values yet?

Malcolm C.

Hi, yes I've done that and it appears to have worked.
I'm a little bewildered though as to why a brand new machine would leave the factory with anything other than default settings.
Thanks for your help

Cherie S.
Cherie S.

My primadonna soul does not register that the milk frother is in. There is usually a beep when I insert the milk frother but now it won’t beep. Even though is plugged in the machine tells me to plug it in. Help

Steve

Mine doesn't beep. I just out it in adjust the setting to what froth I want and it just works

DeLonghi   DM

Hi Cherie and Steve. Thanks for your comment on the ECAM610.75.MB - We are so sorry to hear this happen with the milk jug. We ask that both you of you reach out to us via direct message with your email and we can further support in some troubleshooting.

We have some photos that we would need to send through and this platform does not allow this function for us sadly.

Looking forward to speak with you both.

Danni

Hi the milk is not hot it is only warm how do I heat it up?

Steve

It's made hot when you pick a menu item.

Danni

Yeah it's not coming out hot, it's actually cold within five minutes. Something wrong with the machine you think?

DeLonghi   DM

Hi Danni, Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the milk temperature on your Delonghi Soul coffee machine.

Please do the following which may increase the temperature.

Go into SETTINGS > Disable the Energy Saving Function

Before preparing any milk-based drink - Please turn the dial on your carafe to milk clean.
This little tip will ensure the carafe is warmed up especially if you keep the carafe in the fridge. A fridge temperature will make the carafe very cold and it takes time for the unit to heat the carafe up. This speeds up the process and you are can do this a few times.

Any questions, please direct message us.

Jackie F.
Jackie F.

Hello - The Prima Donna Soul is working but the milk is only WARM. I have tested it using a coffee thermometer and it only reaches 59 degrees. I need it to be about 75 degrees, does anyone know how I can change this please?

sab07

We've had a Delonghi PremaDonna for 6 months my husband is the one who uses it, I don't drink coffee.
Today he showed me that the space where the preground coffee goes is overflowing we dont use preground only beans. Ive cleaned it out best I can but I can still see coffee in there. Ive tried to google it but can't find any answers.

Jim B.

We have the same issue. Did you get it resolved?

sab07

No. as you can see there is no reply

DeLonghi   DM

Thank you for contacting Delonghi Group and we are sorry to hear this has occurred with your appliance. If there is coffee coming up in the preground shute there may be a blockage and we are more than happy to see if we can resolve this for you.

Please click on the link below and ensure you clean your infuser which is the part inside:

external link

If the problem persists, Please contact us directly on our Delonghi page and submit a contact us form and we will look into this for you:

Kindest Regards,

sab07

Thank you for your reply!
I have watched the video and this still does NOT explain how the machine has pre-ground coffee in the pregrounds section of the machine when we have not used pregrouded coffee.

Jim B.

I think they know its an issue but dont want to admit it or do anything about it. Biggest waste of money…

DeLonghi   DM

Hi All, The only way coffee can go up the shoot is due to a blockage, the grind of the coffee being to course or to fine. This is the only two reasons we can think of but happy to help you further - Please direct message us with a video or photo so we can better understand the fault and we will happily assist you.

sab07

THE FAULT IS THERE IS COFFEE IN THE SHOOT THAT SHOULD NOT BE THERE REGARDLESS OF HOW THE COFFEE IS GROUND THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN

Deanne D.
Deanne D.

I have the same issue and my coffee is weak now.. Can't get it out

Dean O.
Dean O.

I removed the ground coffee funnel and it hasn't happened since.

P D.
P D.

Hi sab07, appears to be a common problem with this machine.
When the coffee beans are being ground the spout is not big enough for the ground coffee to get through and it builds up going up into the pre-ground spout.
I had sent my machine back to get this looked at but it was NOT resolved. They just gave some spiel about cleaning as above. I clean my machine regularly so that's NOT a satisfactory repost.
I've had DeLonghi machines before and they didn't have this issue.
This issue is obviously a 'design fault' and now every time I make coffee's I have to keep an eye on this to either try and push the ground coffee through or vacuum it out afterwards.

vera
vera

cant watch the video & machine is just 12 months old, really disappointing

sab07

Wake up Delonghi there is a fault with this.machine

DeLonghi   DM

Hi Sab07 & All, We can only supply general product cleaning and maintenance information for your appliance to help you.

If you believe there are faults, We are more than happy to assist you with a service and have this resolved for you as best as we can.

If you are experiencing issues, We highly recommend to please direct message us with your details and we will get a head product specialist to help you with this.

Catherine K.
Catherine K.

Can I add a cold frothing jug as an extra accessory and do cold brews with prima donna soul coffee machine

Thomas K.

my prima donna soul stops during work when she wants to make coffee. it happens when i start making latte or other coffee with milk. the machine first starts foaming milk, then stops after a while and returns to the main panel or asks for rinsing the milk feeder. this feeder, even when it is properly cleaned and flooded with fresh milk, this problem is still repeated. Any ideas?

DeLonghi   DM

Hi Thomas, thanks for getting in touch. Please check that the clear plastic tube is inserted all the way in. Ensure that assembly is correct. If older machine, possibly requires a replacement o-ring. Customer service can send a replacement if so.

OR

The following steps may assist in re—priming the jug back to the machine. This can take a bit of time but please follow the steps below:

PRIMING THE MILK JUG
- Fill the milk jug with cold TAP water
- Choose a hot milk function repeatedly until the jug is empty
- Repeat this until 4 full milk jugs of water have been dispensed
- Fill milk jug with milk
- Choose a hot milk function repeatedly until the jug is empty.

Once this process that been completed your milk jug should be reprimed back to the machine and you should have no further issues with it.

Thanks, De'Longhi

Thomas K.

Thank you for your answer. I tried this today but unfortunately it didn't help. the problem is still the same. I don't know maybe something is broken inside the machine. after selecting a coffee with milk. the machine starts serving the drink. that is, it starts foaming milk first and then it should serve coffee. but when frothing milk, the process stops and the machine returns to the main menu or asks to clean the milk feeder. then when I perform such an action or order a new coffee, the problem repeats itself.
The machine is only one year old.

Cade J.
Cade J.

Our Machine is the doing the same when making a Latte it starts by frothing the milk then when ready to add the coffee shot it stops and asks to clean the the spouts.All we get is frothy milk with no coffee in it. Sadly the machine has done this since new and we should of returned it.

DeLonghi   DM

Hi Cade, Thank you for your email.

Can you please try a default on your appliance in the settings and try again.

Please private message us with your email as we would like to get some videos to help understand the issues a little bit better to have this working for you.

donald l.
donald l.

Hi my primadonna soul machine just powered off. i don't know what to do. can anyone help me?

Rick

Have you plugged anything else into the power outlet to see if it works? Have you checked that the power chord is fully plugged into the back of the machine?

DeLonghi   DM

Hi Donald, we are sorry to hear this. Is your machine working now? It may be your auto-off function. The auto-off function is a feature that has now been incorparated to comply with environmental protection regulations and is not able to be turned off. Depending on the model of your bean to cup coffee maker, it is possible to program the switch off when not used from 15 minutes to 3 hours. Thanks, De'Longhi

Lollardo

Bought Primadonna Soul coffee machine today. It wont set up! Stuck at "set-up underway" No water going through. Tried everything including YouTube videos for stuck infuser.

Jon C.

Take it back and buy a different machine. This is the worst machine you can buy for the money. Absolute crap. No water-low warning (until it's too late), runs out mid-brew, same with coffee bean level, just runs out mid-grind. App is also a joke. Stay away from this machine. Makes decent coffee, but it's a very poor product for the money. I have had one since August 2022 and have had nothing but problems and poor performance. De Longhi won't address the water and bean issues wither...they are silent. Clearly they stuffed up trying to save a few dollars on an expensive machine. Epic Fail. Return it and buy a Jura or if you don't mind a semi-automatic machine, the La Specialista by De Longhi is awesome and does all things well, including water and bean warnings.

Thanks!

DeLonghi   DM

Hi Lollardo, this may happen as a result of power interruption. The infuser can only be removed if the correct shut-down sequence has been followed when the machine is turned off. Always switchthe machine offbythe power buttonon the front ofthe machineand allowtheprocessto terminate.If you are unable to remove the infuser do not force it.

-Turn the machine back on and wait for the full start up sequence to complete.
-Shut the machine down by the power button on the front of the machine.
-Wait for the shut-down sequence to complete.
-You should now be able to remove the infuser with ease.

Please find page with videos below to help further. Thanks, De'Longhi

Lollardo

Did all this. Same message. Still stuck. No way start up will complete despite all this. Got a refund in the end. Wary of DeLonghi now.

Jon Constable

My Prima Donna Soul is now producing gritty coffee. It leaves a dark scum around the inside of the cup (as if it were made with powdered chocolate). I de-scale regularly (however this should not I think have any bearing) so I am at a loss as to how to fix this issue. Hopefully someone from DeLonghi will actually respond and offer help with this 5 month old disaster of a machine.

Rick

have you cleaned the brew group? Its behind the water tank. It needs removing and cleaning occasionallly. How to : is at about 1:25 of this video - https://youtu.be/v4f_xIUO5GE

Will try that Rick, thanks. Shall report back. Cheers

Jon Constable

Hi Rick, thank you for your response. It is interesting that the link you sent me was MUCH better than the one DELonghi sent. They sent a link for a different machine....lol. I have followed the infuser cleaning instructions as outlined in the video. It has made a difference to the quality of my coffee, so I thank you very much.

Jon C.

I feel foolish for asking this about a $2000 coffee machine, but how is it that the Prima Donna Soul machine starts making a coffee, then after half a grind runs out of coffee (or water for that matter) without identifying it BEFORE starting the process? My old La Specialista wouldn't start if anything was going to run out mid-prep. This cannot be real! This cannot be correct for a $2000 machine. Can De Longhi or an experienced user please advise?

GregoryR
GregoryR

Agree, mine does the same, very annoying but the grind won't start if the water is low also it seems ti use a lot of water for the cleaning process, think they could cut back on that a bit.

Jon C.

Thanks Greg. I notice that De Longhi is conspicuously absent on this topic. Are they that afraid to front-up, or is this machine really that poorly designed? Either way, it looks pathetic to a consumer. Epic fail De Longhi.

Ed K
Ed K

Do you need to use a water filter for Melbournes great water quality

Angie C
Angie C

I don't.

DeLonghi   DM

Dear Ed & Angie, Thank you for your email.

You do not require a filter if you have good quality water OR have filtered water already.

A rule of thumb - If you do not like drinking tap water, then you would use a filter.

If you have hard water with a lot of deposits - Please ensure you use a filter.

Ensure you set up your water hardness on the appliance to reflect this - Level 1 is the selection required for soft water - This will help you not descale as often.

Hope this information helps

Peter S.
Peter S.

Can you froth milk manually

Stuart M.
Stuart M.

Hey Peter, yes you can. It has many options even hot water if you require.

Monika

You technically can't do it 'manually' but there is a selection for hot milk.

COL512
COL512

Does the Ecam610.75 have cup warmer.

Monika

There is meant to be a small area at the top that is a cup warmer but it isn't very warm, imho.

Michael M.
Michael M.

My soul is making watery, weak coffee. Tastes like percolated coffee. Quite disappointed, it’s 3 months old

Nugget

Michael I am not an expert but I do know it could be caused by several issues including for example the Settings need to be adjusted, or you need to use different beans having a stronger roast rating, and so on. I guess you have considered these issues and if so you can always call the 1800 DeLonghi number that came with the machine, or else go on line to DeLonghi.

Darren M.
Darren M.

You might struggle to get a response from DeLonghi in my experience, There are a few DeLonghi user Facebook groups around where you might be able to get some assistance. I haven't had the problem you describe, mine is currently with the repair shop because it just stops in the middle of making a coffee. I had it for 3 months before that started happening and it's turning out to be a long process to get it fixed.

DeLonghi   DM

Hi Michael, we thank you for reaching out. We advise that you book a one-on-one Live Demo with one of our coffee experts via Zoom by clicking the link below. This is a De'Longhi endorsed, personalised session on how to use your machine to get your coffee just right, which you can schedule at a time that suits you. If you are located in Sydney, you can also visit our Coffee Lounge in Zetland for hands-on guidance on using your machine.

Coffee Lounge: external link

Live Expert Demo: external link

Thanks,
De'Longhi

glopro
glopro

Might try adjusting the grind based on the age of the beans.

Roxann V.
Roxann V.

Soul was delivered today. Super excited set up was fine. Made 2 coffees followed all instructions it was a happy little machine. Few hours later I go to show my H and it has an error about the infuser assembly not in. I didn't even know it had this. Hadn't touched it at all. So we followed all troubleshooting and the error won't clear. It thinks the infuser isn't in the machine when it's definitely in the machine.
Both H and I are so disappointed. It's just a large ornament now. 2 coffees and it won't right itself.

Nugget

There should have been a 1800 number on the side of the machine you can call. And if you don't have that go on line to DeLonghi.

Louis P.
Louis P.

We are considering buying a DeLonghi Prima Donna Soul, however, many of the reviews site water leaks and a very poor app. What efforts have been done to rectify this problem

Gina P.
Gina P.

Exactly what I was thinking after reading these reviews!

Krystian T.
Krystian T.

does the primmadonna soul have a cup warmer and if so how do i access it?

Pete P.
Pete P.

What have you done about fixing the water leaking issue with new machines.

Emwarz
Emwarz

Hi I have just bought the Prima Donna soul and it made one coffee on the setup and now it won’t switch on , when I slide the water tank a bit it tells me to put it into place then shuts down , and the same with the drip tray when I slide it out it tells me to put it in place and then shuts down . Please tell me what I’m doing wrong

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives