Dux Sunpro 305

Dux Sunpro 305

D1FNP3T2DC and 170FNS

Not at all reliable or cost effective

SUNPRO 305 Installed 12th August 2007
Pilot Light malfunction Unitrol Unit Replaced (Warranty) 15th January 2008 Cost of plumber to me.
Pilot Light malfunction Unitrol Unit Replaced (Warranty) 5th January 2009 Cost of plumber to me.
Pilot Light malfunction Unitrol Unit Replaced (My expense) 5th December 2011 Total cost to me.
Pilot Light malfunction Unitrol Unit Replaced (Warranty) 2nd November 2012 Cost of plumber to me.
Pilot Light malfunction Unitrol Unit? Waiting to Repair 24th August 2017. I hope the Unitrol Unit is still available.
Well, it lasted at least nearly 5 years this time...

Date PurchasedJul 2007
UPDATE..Have now replaced the entire unit...……. not with DUX

Utterly Guttered

This review is also in the Dux Prodigy 5 170lt model as it's the similar unit from Dux

Disastrous;

I had no choice because the builder had it as a credit supplier. So we place 3 solar panels on the roof.
This is the history of this system:
- had to replace 2 thermostat in the tank, finally got the experts out to calibrate the system to MY specs.
- the 2 out of 3 panels sprung a leak; cost $400 labour to be replaced. The 3rd was replaced because I complained to Dux headquarters.
- 240V gas relay solenoid replaced. $360
- tank now leaks, being told that to replaced the whole lot.
unfortunately all new approved building must have solar HWS. This brand and system is definitely not one to get. If you total the cost up there is no savings here, this system cost around $6-8K to fit and installed back in 2006.
It will cost and extra to removed those rubbish panels of the roof approx $700-800.
I'm utterly gutted and disgusted at this Dux gas boosted solar solutions.
Never install any of there products, it's cheap and disgusting manufacturing.
To top it off there system says in the specs frost protection built in; Well what this is, is a valve that opens up and lets tap drinking grade Melbourne water to flow out of the system into the down pipes out into storm water waste... This happens when it gets below 4C. So in winter expect a high water usage.......what savings?
I've now gone basic, disabled the solar hot water service and use a gas stainless steel tank thats NOT DUX.
If Dux reads this they can confirmed with me as there aurthosrised service agent has a complete record.

Date PurchasedMar 2006

leaking panels

My system was installed november 2006, within 12 months I noticed panels leaking, replaced under warranty, 2years later another leaking panel, panel replaced, installation at my expense. Next my hw unit burst, replaced installation at my expense. last week another panel(s) are leaking. that means over the past 10 years at least 4 panels have been replaced at a significant cost, solar panels to be abandoned, hw unit to be replaced shortly.
products are of very poor quality, maybe imported ,will never purchase any DUX products again.

Date PurchasedNov 2006

Disappointing

Installed in new home in 2008. Water temperature is luke warm to cool. Only is little warmer on extremely hot days.. Pilot known to turn off regularly. 3months ago took several days and attempts to turn it on.. got it going. Now the solarnoid is gone and needs replacing.. dont think it will help with temparature of water but have no choice to get it fixed. Contact Dux and favourite line is out of warranty. It is not a product suitable as a hot water system maybe a product suitable to take the edge of chilled water.. Not reliable and definately does not do what it is suppose too.. also too many problems. Very disappointed. .

Date PurchasedMar 2008

Never buy the Dux installed your house

Never buy Dux Sunpro 305 system installed your house. This is very old model hot water system and had problem all the time and never fix the problem such leaking . They had so bad after sales service and they do not care about quality. Don't buy this so cheap system.

Dux Sunpro

Contacted dux in relation to Hot water system leaking. In sixth year so out of warranty. Had a couple of plumbers look at system both indicated that this is a fault with this unit and dux are aware of issue. Leak probably started when still in warranty period and progressively got worse. All advice from Dux and sales people at time of purchase indicated that system will last 10-15 years. This product and company did not meet what it had promised. Dux customer service stuck to line about 5 year warranty - knowing there is a fault very disappointing as Dux were very good when the product was initially installed.

Dux Sux

Dux sux!
We had a Dux Sunpro 305 system installed as part of our new house package in 2007. Henley must have chosen this unit because it was the cheapest and we didn't know better. In hindsight, I wish we questioned all their brand choices because Henley don't care about quality.
Anyway, within a year we had to have 2 of the solar panels replaced.
And then another within the next year.
And another call out in 2012. They disconnected the leaking solar panels but couldn't replace them immediately. 3 months later we were still trying to get it fixed. It took 4 weeks for their after-sales "customer service" to respond to our requests. This repair was outside warranty so they said we'd have to pay in full. We said forget it and we'll rip out the whole system and replace it with something that works. We said we would not pay because the whole system was shoddy and we should not have to pay for an annual call-out! Eventually they agreed to cover it and replaced all 3 panels as well as 5 other parts. The technician said the new panels were from a different supplier and are better quality.
Hah!
Dux wouldn't know what quality is!
Nor customer service (do not expect a call back, and expect a total runaround from them).
And yes, another call-out 2 years later in 2014. This time they said it was the frost-valve leaking and replaced that.
Now something is leaking again - is it the panels? Or the frost valve? Who knows. We're fed up with the lousy quality and lack of customer service. I don't want to try to get them to fix it - it's just not worth the stress!
So we're looking at replacing the whole system with something that works.
Oh, yes, the water storage unit? It's crap too. We used to get 4 showers from our old 130L unit. This one we're pushing it to get 2 from about April to October when the solar is not doing much (in Melbourne)! From a 170L unit that's bad.

No reply from complaint

Well we did the complaint about the dux system. We had a reply from the company saying they would look into it if we sent an email with all the details, we did so. Surprise surprise NO reply back. So still not happy with Dux, also now I am worried about the new panels are they covered by ANY warranty? Will we be up for more replacement costs if these are bad as well? This was asked in the email - no reply.

Very disappointed in Dux support

Our Dux solar hot water system needed a replacement tank and plumber told me I would need to upgrade to newer Dux model. I agreed and a new tank was ordered from Dux. Within 2 hours I decided to cancel the order to allow me to consider other options. Dux are now charging 20% 'restocking' fee - $561. This is a ridiculous amount of money for what? - clicking a couple of buttons on a computer?? When I phoned Dux they were most unhelpful and would not even tell me the price of the unit. Needless to say I will absolutely not be considering Dux as a replacement system.

Instaled 2007, fixed multiple times, now tank is leaking

We had the sunpro 305 installed with our new house in Feb 2007. We had trouble from the start. Feb 2007, 2 days after moving in pilot light wouldnt relight. 4 feb 2008 same problem. Feb 2009 1 panel burst needed replacing. Feb 2009 later in the same month, no pilot light again. 5 may 2009 2 new panels needed after replacing one in feb. October 2010 pilot light would not light again. March 2012 same problem, no gas boosted as pilot light not working again and the solar was heating up the water so we dont know when this problem started. Dux technician replaced something and it has not had a problem related to gas pilot light since, and Dux fixed all the previous problems. However in early december 2015 it started leaking water. Darebin gas have advised me the unit needs to be replaced with a sunpro delta gas boosted tank at $3000 supplied and installed. If I install another brand I need to replace the solar panels as weĺl. Not very happy at all.

Hi Brian, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW294, please include your 12 digit serial number. Regards Dux After Sales.Ok, will do that immediatelyHas anyone received any positive feedback from dux in relation to their obviously flawed sunpro 305 solar hws? I was asked to send my complaint to them, which I did, and got back the standard too bad too sad response from them, only help they offered was in recommending someone other than darebin gas to supply and install all at my expense of course. I did not want to hear about warranty being expired I knew that, why didnt you discuss the list of problems I documented to you over the years, that prove this system was faulty, or, if the other reviews on here are anything to go by, your products are just inferior quality. It appears dux are simply responding to complaints on here to appear to be "helping" but they are not.

Scrap metal

Dux 305... We have had over 8 solar panels replaced plus 4 frost valves.
Now its the pilot light. Would not recommend hardie Dux solar / gas hot water unit. This has cost us more in repairs then the initial cost. Time to replace with a superior product.This should be an easy task.

A number of issues over the years!

From day one of the system being installed in our new house we had issues with temperature, on a sunny day it'd be great once the solar section heated the system. Then on gas it'd go luke warm at best.
Later we dealt with constant leaking and bulging of the panels around the pressure release valve, despite frequently using the pressure release valve to mitigate this.
Finally, whilst I was on my way to work, my wife called stating we had water flooding through the roof. Solar panels had burst spraying hot water directly under the tiles. Organised a local plumber and had the solar section disconnect. Our installer was completely unwilling to help so no solar for us!
Not too impressed with the product, have contacted dux through their online service request tonight, here's hoping it either gets fixed or replaced!
Looking to build again in the coming year, I doubt we'll install a dux.

Hi Matt, I believe a representative from Dux Hot Water has tried to call you as per your online service request. Dux will contact you again as soon as possible and here we can discuss further. Regards Dux Hot WaterYes a representative has been in contact. Awaiting call back from a Technician to organise a time to come look at the Dux unit. Thanks for the quick replies.Unfortunately another burst pipe, this time inside our walls. Tried calling but with the public holiday no one's there. Hoping for a quick response to my online request.

Silence

Emailed DUX a week ago and no reply!Perhaps they looked at my file and saw, that every panel has been replaced twice and 2 anti freeze valves, I may have been put into the too hard bin?

Hi Paul, Dux Manufacturing apologise if you have not had a response, please re email and we will endeavor to contact you as soon as possible. Thanks Dux After Sales.

load of rubbish

I have had this for 7 years in that time I have had a half dozen call 3 in the first year , the pilot light system has been replaced and the solar panels have been replaced now I have this consent thumping noise which have been told could be the solar pump ,have spent over $450 on this rubbish want pay anymore just waiting now for it to blow up

Hi Lillian, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW192, please include your 12 digit serial number. Thanks Dux After Sales.

Anti Frost Protection Valve Leaking fault

Disappointed with the product and service. Unreliable company. Product under warranty and still unable to get hold of DUX to make them accountable to their own disclaimer policy. would not recommend to any household to DUX solar water system. its a guarantee lost of money. water bill increase caused by DUX!!

Hi Ken, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW191, please include your 12 digit serial number. Thanks Dux After Sales. After contacting Dux, they have sent someone to fix the issue the next business day.Thanks, DuxFPV faulty again under three years. Called After Sales and been advised they would not repair given warranty expired. Been provided a local plumber contact costing customer in excess of $300 including water being wasted. No complain with the after sales service , but very disappointed with this hot water system. If only Dux had 100% satisfactory warranty policy, that would have made them a 5 stars.

Cant believe they can sell this product

My mother in law moved into new home with Dux Sunpro water heater, she complained about the water never being hot enough from day one, within 3 years the panels had failed and were leaking day and night, they replaced them under warranty but she was forced to pay for the labour cost, then within 6 months the hot logic solonoid thingy died and it had to be replaced,not covered by warranty, then the thermocouple dies and the pilot wont light the unit so it too is replaced but not under warranty, now one of the panels is full of water/condensation which leads me to believe its failed again and the frost protection valve leaks all night long, to make matters worse I believe their new panels do not have 5 year warranty, they only have the balance of the original warranty period, so even though they are brand new they will not offer 5 years, says a lot about there confidence in their product.How they continue to get away with selling this type of rubbish is unbelievable,
I would advise anyone who is having a hot water unit replaced or having a home built to make sure that the plumber or builder does not install one of these units, you only need to read thru all the current reviews and you wont find a positive one, I'm now going to try and get them to come out and check their new (18 month old) panels and replace them if required, they have a statutory obligation to back the products the sell, don't take our money and then say sorry its not our problem, all consumers need to be made aware of their products,not bloody happy!!!!!!!!!

Hi Paul, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW189, please include your 12 digit serial number. Thanks Dux After Sales.

Not a reliable system, given up!

I have had a plumber come out to fix this unit 3 times now, the thermocouple along with the panels have needed fixing, after $500 out of pocket I am now back to square 1 which is NO hot water. It couldn't come at a worse time with my fiance being 32 weeks pregnant. I would save your money and look else where!

Hi Alain, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW188, please include your 12 digit serial number. Thanks Dux After Sales. After emailing still no reply! Don't expect urgent attention from Dux, useless in my opinion! I have ended up changing the unit and throwing it in the thrash where it belongs! Good luck Dux you'll need it!

Anti Frost Valve

The Gas heated Sunpro 305 HWS has over the last 5 years appeared to operate satisfactorily.
The Solar panels themselves do a job. The component that fails is the Anti frost valve. This simple valve jambs as the seal wears and the spring tension diminishes. This results in water discharging at night and the units pump running accordingly costing the consumer hundreds of dollars.

The complicity of the design and construction of the Anti frost valve is equivalent to that of a wheelbarrow ( without implying any disrespect to the wheel barrow)

The cost of the anti frost valve is exhorbatant.

The Culture of the Manufacturer defensive and uncooperative restricting consumers access to technical advice. It is a closed shop that hides behind the overprotective notion that mechanical reasoning is restricted to licensed plumbers, who a sub trade that provide a service to registered Unlimited Builders, whose skills are not recognized by Dux. As a builder I will not support this company or its products, more significantly, the defensive operational culture exhibited by them when confronted by a customer with a problem and requiring detailed information regarding research of better option to fix common recognized problems with the Dux system.

No returning trade from me

R. Fenton

Hi Mr Fenton, We would like to investigate further. Please email Dux on feedback@dux.com.au and give a brief description of the problem. Include your name, address and phone number so that we can contact you quickly. Please also include the 12 digit serial number of your hot water system. Please make note your reference number is PRW180. Thanks Dux After Sales.

Not too happy about the Dux Sunpro unit

Faulty since installation, with initial faults rectified (replaced solar panels, thermo couple, frost valve etc...).

Installed May 2008, now playing up again. Pilot light refuses to stay lit, Solar pump siezed, thermocouple failure again, lots of rusting at the base of the heating tank which is almost at the point of failure..........now looking at replacing the system. Our plumber contacted Dux service and they just told him to replace the system....

Considering the cost of the system when we purchased it, I am frustrated at the failure rate that it revealed over the last few years. I would have expected at least 10 years of service before any issues occur, but since its installation it has been nothing but problematic.

Would love to hear from Dux to see if they can replace this faulty system.....otherwise I will move onto a more reputable company and look at installing a non solar system (because I cannot possibly afford to replace this one at current prices).

If Dux can make this right, I would happily stick with their products...

Hi, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW175, please include your 12 digit serial number. Thanks Dux After Sales. Thank you for your prompt response. Today (14/1/15) I have sent off an Email with the details you asked for. Awaiting your reply.Was contacted very promptly by a member of the after sales team, and a Dux serviceman (at no cost) to see what the troubles were. After a brief inspection, it turned out to be a very easy repair. We were charged for parts only for the repair and are very happy with the outcome. A big thanks to the Dux team for their swift service, and for the repair of our system.

Most disappointed with Dux System installed in my new house built in late 2008.

Warranty period of 5 years is just over and Dux refuses to fix a problem without cost that has started in the 6th year. From this site I understand that there are several complaints of the same type. Water leaks continuously from base.

Don't ever buy this product. Have had problems all through the early years. Although fixed under warranty the inconvenience is painful!!

Hi Sam, We would like to investigate further. Please email Dux on feedback@dux.com.au and give a brief description of the problem. Include your name, address and phone number so that we can contact you quickly. Please also include the 12 digit serial number of your hot water system. Please make note your reference number is PRW170 Thanks Dux After Sales.