Dux Sunpro 305

170FNS and D1FNP3T2DC

Graeme Barnes

Graeme BarnesMurray Region, NSW

Piece of crap

Bought system, failed at 18 months, put in new gas valve, heats water to point of expelling 200litres plus a day through relief valve. Have to manually turn unit on and off to get correct hot water. No warranty on unit or on replacement valve ( even though operator said there was warranty) response from dux too slow, multiple follow ups to get limited answers.

Purchased in May 2017 for $3,000.00.

Household Size 2 person(s)
Functionality
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed

JackoBrisbane

Not at all reliable or cost effective

SUNPRO 305 Installed 12th August 2007
Pilot Light malfunction Unitrol Unit Replaced (Warranty) 15th January 2008 Cost of plumber to me.
Pilot Light malfunction Unitrol Unit Replaced (Warranty) 5th January 2009 Cost of plumber to me.
Pilot Light malfunction Unitrol Unit Replaced (My expense) 5th December 2011 Total cost to me.
Pilot Light malfunction Unitrol Unit Replaced (Warranty) 2nd November 2012 Cost of plumber to me.
Pilot Light malfunction Unitrol Unit? Waiting to Repair 24th August 2017. I hope the Unitrol Unit is still available.
Well, it lasted at least nearly 5 years this time...

Date PurchasedJul 2007
Jacko

UPDATE..Have now replaced the entire unit...……. not with DUX

pete

pete

Utterly Guttered

Date PurchasedMar 2006
Wayne

Waynegeelong

leaking panels

My system was installed november 2006, within 12 months I noticed panels leaking, replaced under warranty, 2years later another leaking panel, panel replaced, installation at my expense. Next my hw unit burst, replaced installation at my expense. last week another panel(s) are leaking. that means over the past 10 years at least 4 panels have been replaced at a significant cost, solar panels to be abandoned, hw unit to be replaced shortly.
products are of very poor quality, maybe imported ,will never purchase any DUX products again.

Date PurchasedNov 2006

Joe

JoeAU

Disappointing

Installed in new home in 2008. Water temperature is luke warm to cool. Only is little warmer on extremely hot days.. Pilot known to turn off regularly. 3months ago took several days and attempts to turn it on.. got it going. Now the solarnoid is gone and needs replacing.. dont think it will help with temparature of water but have no choice to get it fixed. Contact Dux and favourite line is out of warranty. It is not a product suitable as a hot water system maybe a product suitable to take the edge of chilled water.. Not reliable and definately does not do what it is suppose too.. also too many problems. Very disappointed. .

Date PurchasedMar 2008

Never buy the Dux installed your house

Never buy Dux Sunpro 305 system installed your house. This is very old model hot water system and had problem all the time and never fix the problem such leaking . They had so bad after sales service and they do not care about quality. Don't buy this so cheap system.

Dux Sunpro

Contacted dux in relation to Hot water system leaking. In sixth year so out of warranty. Had a couple of plumbers look at system both indicated that this is a fault with this unit and dux are aware of issue. Leak probably started when still in warranty period and progressively got worse. All advice from Dux and sales people at time of purchase indicated that system will last 10-15 years. This product and company did not meet what it had promised. Dux customer service stuck to line about 5 year warranty - knowing there is a fault very disappointing as Dux were very good when the product was initially installed.

Greg C

Greg CMelbourne, Victoria

Dux Sux

No reply from complaint

Well we did the complaint about the dux system. We had a reply from the company saying they would look into it if we sent an email with all the details, we did so. Surprise surprise NO reply back. So still not happy with Dux, also now I am worried about the new panels are they covered by ANY warranty? Will we be up for more replacement costs if these are bad as well? This was asked in the email - no reply.

Calum

CalumMelbourne

Very disappointed in Dux support

Our Dux solar hot water system needed a replacement tank and plumber told me I would need to upgrade to newer Dux model. I agreed and a new tank was ordered from Dux. Within 2 hours I decided to cancel the order to allow me to consider other options. Dux are now charging 20% 'restocking' fee - $561. This is a ridiculous amount of money for what? - clicking a couple of buttons on a computer?? When I phoned Dux they were most unhelpful and would not even tell me the price of the unit. Needless to say I will absolutely not be considering Dux as a replacement system.

BrianMelbourne

Instaled 2007, fixed multiple times, now tank is leaking

Dux H.Dux

Hi Brian, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW294, please include your 12 digit serial number. Regards Dux After Sales.

Brian

Ok, will do that immediately

Jason

JasonVic, 3337

Scrap metal

Dux 305... We have had over 8 solar panels replaced plus 4 frost valves.
Now its the pilot light. Would not recommend hardie Dux solar / gas hot water unit. This has cost us more in repairs then the initial cost. Time to replace with a superior product.This should be an easy task.

Matt TMelbourne

A number of issues over the years!

Hi Matt,
I believe a representative from Dux Hot Water has tried to call you as per your online service request. Dux will contact you again as soon as possible and here we can discuss further.
Regards
Dux Hot Water

Matt T

Yes a representative has been in contact. Awaiting call back from a Technician to organise a time to come look at the Dux unit. Thanks for the quick replies.

Matt T

Unfortunately another burst pipe, this time inside our walls. Tried calling but with the public holiday no one's there. Hoping for a quick response to my online request.

Silence

Emailed DUX a week ago and no reply!Perhaps they looked at my file and saw, that every panel has been replaced twice and 2 anti freeze valves, I may have been put into the too hard bin?

Dux H.Dux

Hi Paul, Dux Manufacturing apologise if you have not had a response, please re email and we will endeavor to contact you as soon as possible. Thanks Dux After Sales.

load of rubbish

I have had this for 7 years in that time I have had a half dozen call 3 in the first year , the pilot light system has been replaced and the solar panels have been replaced now I have this consent thumping noise which have been told could be the solar pump ,have spent over $450 on this rubbish want pay anymore just waiting now for it to blow up

Dux H.Dux

Hi Lillian, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW192, please include your 12 digit serial number. Thanks Dux After Sales.

Kenmelbourne

Anti Frost Protection Valve Leaking fault

Disappointed with the product and service. Unreliable company. Product under warranty and still unable to get hold of DUX to make them accountable to their own disclaimer policy. would not recommend to any household to DUX solar water system. its a guarantee lost of money. water bill increase caused by DUX!!

Dux H.Dux

Hi Ken, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW191, please include your 12 digit serial number. Thanks Dux After Sales.

Ken

After contacting Dux, they have sent someone to fix the issue the next business day.Thanks, Dux

paul-victoria

paul-victoriaMelbourne

Cant believe they can sell this product

Dux H.Dux

Hi Paul, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW189, please include your 12 digit serial number. Thanks Dux After Sales.

alainmelbour e

Not a reliable system, given up!

I have had a plumber come out to fix this unit 3 times now, the thermocouple along with the panels have needed fixing, after $500 out of pocket I am now back to square 1 which is NO hot water. It couldn't come at a worse time with my fiance being 32 weeks pregnant. I would save your money and look else where!

Dux H.Dux

Hi Alain, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW188, please include your 12 digit serial number. Thanks Dux After Sales.

alain

After emailing still no reply! Don't expect urgent attention from Dux, useless in my opinion! I have ended up changing the unit and throwing it in the thrash where it belongs! Good luck Dux you'll need it!

Anti Frost Valve

"Twitch"Geelong, Victoria

Not too happy about the Dux Sunpro unit

Dux H.Dux

Hi, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW175, please include your 12 digit serial number. Thanks Dux After Sales.

"Twitch"

Thank you for your prompt response. Today (14/1/15) I have sent off an Email with the details you asked for. Awaiting your reply.