2Dyson Hot+Cool AM05

29%11%60%

2.5
Power
2.5

Dyson has recalled this product. For more information please go here.

Mark
Mark
Rojina G.
Rojina G.

Noisy Fan

I bought Am05 hot cool fan for my 11months son the noise is ridiculously loud my son wake up every hr . Usually he used to wake up every 5 hrs for feed. Show details
audios81
audios81Sydney, NSW134 posts
Victoria BC Consumer
Victoria BC Consumer

Terrible Product & No Consumer Service

We paid $500 Canadian for a Dyson AM-05 Hot-Cool fan. It stopped working within a year. We called customer service several times and were told there was nothing they could do; later found our that there was a consumer recall. When we contacted the company again, we were told that the recall was in the United States only and as we bought the recalled product in Canada, and there was no Canadian recall, they could do nothing for us. We gave up and sent the fan to the electronic recycler in Victoria, BC as scrap. Show details
Power
Jane
Jane29 posts
David
DavidBrisbane8 posts

Great but expensive and maybe better with a 12 Kmart unit

We had the fan for a while now. Its very good and functional but for the price tag aside from a good looking device and able to speak out loud you own a Dyson when friends visiting the kmart heater and fan cost 12 bucks work as well as good.

JaCe888
JaCe888Sydney, NSW29 posts
sunnywaylabs
sunnywaylabsAustralia8 posts
  AM05

Great fan but a bit noisy for the price

I love the features & functionality of this fan but it’s noisier than I would have liked.

I bought 2 as I am an asthmatic & they’re super easy to clean. Easy to operate, comes with a remote which stores magnetically on the top of the unit. A great feature.

I also love the hot and cold in the 1 fan.

Unless Dyson addresses the noise issue I wouldn’t buy another. My $15 cheapie does just as good a job & is almost silent - but harder to clean.

Show details ·  1

Manje
ManjeSydney
  AM05

For the price, the product experience is unacceptable

Summary: For the price, you'd expect a better experience with the product AND servicing when the product doesn't function like it's supposed to.

Good:

Design; combines a fan and heater with the air purifier; Generally quiet with a good night function; App works great to schedule and operate fan remotely.

Bad:

Slight hissing noise at higher fan speeds.

I bought it for the air purifier function which worked well for a month before the filter starting to make air smell foul.

Servicing includes free postage to the service center but they don't organise a pick up.

Servicing can take about 2-3 weeks including postage time.

Remote can back with several scratches.

Treena DV
Treena DVSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Disappointed With Dyson AM05 Hot + Cool Fan

After being such loyal Dyson Vacuum officianados for so long we thought ‘their fans must be bloody amazing” right? So wrong.

The fan offers barely a whisper of air and is so noisy you can’t watch the television. Recently we took the fan on holiday but could not use the setting above 3 as we were unable to think let alone sleep due to the noise it made. Dyson would do well to test their fans in Queensland.....it gets hot here! Still love my vacuum but wouldn’t buy another Dyson product again.

Sumit
SumitPerth, WA10 posts
  Verified AM05

Way too expensive for what it does

I had AM05 purchased from David jones under impression big brand high quality. Never used it for a while as it was in spare room. I had it for over an year, just started to use for the past few weeks and realised its a piece of junk. So much noisy if run at high speed 10. Not worth a while and recommended. The only 1st dyson product will not buy anything for dyson in future due to this type of quality they manufacture and introduce in the market.

Vera V
Vera VSydney, NSW7 posts
  Verified AM05

Good heater and cooler in one!

We bought this Dyson hot+cool last August. We liked the idea of an appliance being dual purpose because our house is tiny and space is a premium. I am satisfied with the heating and cooling it provides inside our bedroom. We should have bought one more unit for the lounge area. Great buy!

lisamarie8
lisamarie8Illawarra, NSW16 posts

Dyson AM05 Hot + Cool

I recently purchased a Dyson AM05 Hot + Cool from Big W for $399.

I was excited knowing that it as a 'Dyson' product and that it is bladeless/stylish etc.

I seriously considered returning it when I had just bought it as it is quite expensive for what it is.

Compared with a $12 heater from Kmart, I'm a little dissapointed. It does the job but it is nothing special.

Jillian G
Jillian GNorthern Region, NSW5 posts
  AM05

Way over priced for what it does

We bought this a few years ago now but stopped using it after they were recalled. We sent ours off as requested and when we got it back it wouldn't even warm up our small bathroom, of course within a week it was out of warranty so we couldn't even return it. We could have spent under $100 to get something that actually did the job. I think Dyson are just trading on their name now and the products dont always do what you pay for.

Sean Brisbane
Sean BrisbaneBrisbane4 posts
  Verified AM05

Don't buy this product (or any other Dyson product)

Heater was very expense and quality was poor. Fan was too loud and not powerful enough. The unit broke after a few years of very light use so I called Dyson and they told me as the unit was recalled for safety reasons they would repair it for no charge - this was a lie. After much hassle returning the heater (as they didn't provide a box) they called me back and asked me to pay for the repairs (a new motor) and that they wouldn't honour the initial agreement. The repair would cost almost as much as a new unit. No thank you Dyson I will spend my money elsewhere. I have thrown the heater into the bin. I will never purchase anything again from such a deceitful company with such awful customer service.