Dyson Big Ball

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now

3.6

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (12) · No (10)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (1) · No (21)
Metz

MetzAU

Very Good

We have been using this for over a year now and i can tell you its the best vacuum we've owned, got it on special. It really does a good job on tiles and floorboards.

Purchased in September 2019 for A$350.00.

Hannah A.

Hannah A.

Good for the job

I use this on tiles, carpet and rugs. Cleans well but hard to get it to move on rugs even when I select carpet option. It’s also heavy but most new vacuum cleaners seem to be heavier made. Cleans very well when it comes to carpets and tiles. Easy to pull out and clean and reassemble. Does not need replaceable filters.

Purchased at Bing Lee for A$500.00.

Itchy

ItchySouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Good for hard floors, not for carpets

Purchased in October 2019 at Dyson for A$899.00.

hasan

hasanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Powerfull machine

Its really powerful machine with great suction. I would highly recommend this product who does not have any issue handing a little bulky vacuum cleaner.

Little pricy but lucky for me got a great deal from Good guys when purchased this product.

Purchased at The Good Guys for A$400.00.

TK1

TK1Palm Beach

Wow ! Just WOW!!

This vacuum has exceeded my expectations!
As soon as it arrived i got it out and vacuumed the guest room! Which appeared to be very clean! However the amount of dust that was sucked up was mind blowing! I have over 5 cats and this vacuum just diminishes the fur and dust from the carpets! Its so powerful it sucks the carpet from the floorboards! I will never buy another brand of vac ever again!! Absolutely amazing!! Dont even look at the price this is an investment!

Purchased in April 2020 at Dyson for A$399.00.

Monica6753

Monica6753Pilbara, WA

Bad on tiles

I regret buying this vacumm it is horrible on tiles, I have to go over the same spots alot and lift it up to pick up bulky dirt, the suction isn't very good on carpet and it keeps clicking and sounding like it's clogged when nothing is in it then I have to turn it on and off and it sounds normal again till I put it along then it makes the clogged sound again

Purchased at ALDI for A$399.00.

Clogging Issues Yes
Gloria

GloriaAU

Very powerful

We have always had ducted vacuum so we wanted a powerful vaccum. after reading several reviews chose to buy Dyson Big Ball. We have been very happy with it so far, we have a large house so quite a bit of vacuum is required every week. We only vacuum on carpet as we usually prefer to sweep the floor.

Purchased in January 2020 at ALDI for A$349.00.

Floor Type Carpet

CMIllawarra, NSW

Beware if you have wooden floors!

Dyson barrel vacuums with the ball are great on carpet. BUT they are terrible on wooden floors once the swivelling ball underneath gets a bit worn - about 12 months. Once worn, the ball produces scuff marks all over the wooden floor. Will never buy one again.

Purchased in February 2016 at The Good Guys for A$700.00.

CM

I already reported it to Dyson in Sydney. They had no interest.

Geoff

GeoffSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ouch, that really hurt!!

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$450.00.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

This is certainly not what we would expect any Dyson Owner to experience.

Please forward your details and a link to this review to our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be in touch very shortly.

Disappointed!!

I had it for a couple of months and one of the ball covers came off. Couple weeks later the other side fell off. Can’t fix or put the covers back on as they are held on by plastic clips. Huge waste off $699. The suction is crap opposed to my 10 year old Dyson.
Dyson, you have lost this consumer. I got excited when I saw the garbage truck tip it in the back and drive away.
Miele all the way!!!

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi for A$699.00.

Penn

I fixed it, by putting it in the bin

A Dyson at last

I bought the Big Ball Origin to use on my tile and carpet floors. The suction is great on both surfaces and we are really happy with it. Much better than cheaper models from other brands previously used.

Purchased in January 2020 at ALDI for A$349.00.

Joel J.

Joel J.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best Vacuum I have owned.

Really like this vacuum, this is my first Dyson. Super convenient to use, the collector bin empties out to trash without a hassle n without getting your hands dirty. Incredible suction and cleans really well.

Don't keep looking at other vacuums go get yourself one! Worth every Dollar.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bing Lee Online store for A$349.00.

Matt R

Matt RAU

I am so happy with my Dyson

I have always wanted a Dyson and over the years I’ve seen friends and family use there’s and loved the style and quality of the brand. I’ve just purchased mine and used it about 4 times, I’ve found that the suction is fantastic and the amount of attachments included is sufficient for my townhouse. I’m surprised at the amount of dirt and dust it picks up... makes me wonder how much I might be breathing in!

Purchased in August 2019 at Myer for A$399.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Goodorbad

GoodorbadPerth, Western Australia

some improvements

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$799.00.

Vida

Vida

A SUPER SUCKER!

My Dyson BBO is a fantastic unit and super is the operative word used in describing it. It’s so easy to assemble and sucks up everything in its way that I vacuum over, it’s lightweight and so super quiet. It’s a super sucker and I just love using it!

It’s on par with my Dyson DC19 that I had for 14 years. The Dyson Big Ball Origin is a must buy if you’re looking.

Thank you Dyson for a fabulously hassle-free, no nonsense unit and thank you BigW for the sale price I paid for it, only $399.00.

Purchased in July 2019 at BigW for A$399.00.

Floor Type Carpet

John Scott

John ScottTIMBOON

WONDERFUL MACHINE

Used for carpets and skirtings and window sills to remove debris built up. Love this machine, have had it 7 years or so and bought the Animal stick to use daily.

Purchased in July 2013 at Appliances Direct Online for A$799.00.

Dyson Dynamite

Used tiles and carpet on this machine. Cleans perfectly on these surfaces, really sucks well on the carpets. If it tips over it rights itself. It is a heavier machine, but it does not deter from its performance. Deftly empties when you wish to empty it. Great too for vacuuming your car.

Purchased in July 2019 for A$229.00.

Dyson Big Ball

First time user. Loved it. Was curious to see what everyone was raving about. It is a heavier machine. But I prefer to at least carry it rather than pull it to save wear and tear on the hosing. Cleans well, so easy to use. Woth the weight

Purchased in July 2019 for A$229.00.

Katho

KathoAU

For great for me

I find this vacuum is too big and does not work well on my wooden floor boards. I find I have to lift the head up of the vacuum to pick crumbs up otherwise it will just push them around the floor. Carpet is performs a little better however I much preform a cordless. My vax cleaned my floor 100 times better than this dyson. It is now stored in my cupboard and only gets pulled out occasionally when i can be bothered to lift it up and drag it out!

Product is used Rarely
lisamarie8

lisamarie8Illawarra, NSW

Love my Dyson

I absolutely love my Dyson Bill Ball Origin vacuum.
It performs wonderfully, has great suction, corrects itself if it topples and finds dirt no matter what.
It comes with all the necessary attachments, looks stylish and is not too heavy
It is great for all surfaces and is not too noisy.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bing Lee for A$399.00.

Leah T.

Leah T.asked

Big Ball Origin

I purchased the wrong one and used once and the store wont take it back so I am at a loss as to what I can do to have this working. I thought I had purchased the pet one, but turns out I didnt. If I the purchase the turbine head will it be able to pick up animal hair or not? I have the dyson Big Ball Cinetic with the dual mode cleaner head that just clumps the pethair on the floor

Dyson Team ..Dyson

If pet hair is a challenge in your home, we would certainly encourage the use of a turbine head as the spinning brushes aid in agitating the carpet to remove more dust, debris and pet hair.

For Cinetic Big Ball machines not equipped as standard with a turbine head, one can be purchased via our website here: https://www.dyson.com.au/turbine-head-963544-04

We hope this helps, however if you have any further queries, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

KC

KCasked

Big Ball Origin

can you use older model accessories/tools for this?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

The Dyson Big Ball machines come with an adaptor in the box that works with many older accessories. Should you wish to confirm yours will work, please email a picture of the accessories to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help.

Linda J.

Linda J.asked

Big Ball Origin

I cant push or pull it around with any ease? will a power turbo head help? it just sticks to floors as suction too great? what turbo head goes with it if this will make it effortless?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We wouldn't expect any difficulties when pushing your machine.

Should you encounter them, a Turbine Head or different floor tool may help. We would encourage contacting your flooring manufacturer to confirm what their recommendations are. Along with a Turbine Head, we do have a floor tool available similar to yours with a suction control setting on the head. For further information, please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives