Dyson Big Ball

See the Best Barrel Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

some improvements

we previously had the DC54 and so have had the opertunity to see the areas where the Dyson engineers have mad some mistakes and over engineered some areas and under engineered others. The DC54 had better tracking and ability to be pulled around corners due to the front V shaped sled front wheel assembly , we find this unit is really had to pull around a door jam! Although the new unit can self right I would prefer the better tracking ability of the previous model. The articulated handle is a perfect example of over engineering for no good reason. the previous handle was just fine in all situations and now the extra weight just adds to the fatigue in the wrist area we didn't experience before. Maybe some people like to vacuum the ceiling every time they vacuum ... we don't ? The dust bin is greatly improved and was needed and there was lots of reviews in this area. The only thing they have missed is the flimsy little clip that holds the lid on , quite often the latch comes loose and if you don't grab the bin from both ends the bin opens itself all over the vacuum. My Mum also has the same vacuum and I have had to go and clean up the mess for her on several occasions...lucky I have an extra vacuum on hand to clean up the Dyson mess. There are some extra things added to this unit that were not needed but the issues above are the main ones. Otherwise , the turbine head is one of the best I have used and the suction is always good , there is no figures published about filtration and this is a bit of a downfall if you are an asthma sufferer, not that emptying any bag less vacuum over a bin is good for anyone with allergy issues . I just wish there could be some way to fix my bin issues.

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman for $799.00.

Clogging Issues No
We certainly wouldn't expect the bin to open on your machine unless you specifically press the red bin release button. If you could please forward your details (including the serial number of your machine) to auaskdyson@dyson.com our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help get this sorted for you.

A SUPER SUCKER!

My Dyson BBO is a fantastic unit and super is the operative word used in describing it. It’s so easy to assemble and sucks up everything in its way that I vacuum over, it’s lightweight and so super quiet. It’s a super sucker and I just love using it!

It’s on par with my Dyson DC19 that I had for 14 years. The Dyson Big Ball Origin is a must buy if you’re looking.

Thank you Dyson for a fabulously hassle-free, no nonsense unit and thank you BigW for the sale price I paid for it, only $399.00.

Purchased in July 2019 at BigW for $399.00.

Floor Type Carpet

WONDERFUL MACHINE

Used for carpets and skirtings and window sills to remove debris built up. Love this machine, have had it 7 years or so and bought the Animal stick to use daily.

Purchased in July 2013 at Appliances Direct Online for $799.00.

Product is used: Weekly

Dyson Dynamite

Used tiles and carpet on this machine. Cleans perfectly on these surfaces, really sucks well on the carpets. If it tips over it rights itself. It is a heavier machine, but it does not deter from its performance. Deftly empties when you wish to empty it. Great too for vacuuming your car.

Purchased in July 2019 for $229.00.

Dyson Big Ball

First time user. Loved it. Was curious to see what everyone was raving about. It is a heavier machine. But I prefer to at least carry it rather than pull it to save wear and tear on the hosing. Cleans well, so easy to use. Woth the weight

Purchased in July 2019 for $229.00.

For great for me

I find this vacuum is too big and does not work well on my wooden floor boards. I find I have to lift the head up of the vacuum to pick crumbs up otherwise it will just push them around the floor. Carpet is performs a little better however I much preform a cordless. My vax cleaned my floor 100 times better than this dyson. It is now stored in my cupboard and only gets pulled out occasionally when i can be bothered to lift it up and drag it out!

Product is used: Rarely
Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Love my Dyson

I absolutely love my Dyson Bill Ball Origin vacuum.
It performs wonderfully, has great suction, corrects itself if it topples and finds dirt no matter what.
It comes with all the necessary attachments, looks stylish and is not too heavy
It is great for all surfaces and is not too noisy.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bing Lee for $399.00.

Product is used: Weekly

Damaged wooden floors

So dissapointed in this vaccuume, its scratched our wooden floors since day 1. Contacted customer care and was told it wasnt specifically for wooden floors (its a vacuumme, what else will I be doing with it than cleaning floors?!) and I'd have to pay for another attachment that won't damage my floors! What a crock! Terrible customer service!! Will be taking it back for a refund and never buying Dyson again

Purchased in January 2019 for $350.00.

Product is used: Rarely
Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Excellent vacuum cleaner

I never looked back once I went Dyson. Great suction, great design, totally deserve the dollars spent. I recommend the wired one as you don’t have to count down the time the battery will run out.

Purchased in March 2018.

I love vacuuming now!

Great vacuum, makes vacuuming the house seem like less of a chore. Great suction, no smell and it doesn’t blow dust in the air which means I don’t have to open the windows to air the house. Great for people with allergies.

Purchased in February 2019.

Good vacuum

Very good suction the vacuum is a bit heavy but other than that no complaint filter easy to clean doesn't need cleaning more than once a year easy to empty dust .

Purchased in November 2016 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store for $750.00.

Clogging Issues No

Major safety hazard. Should be recalled

My previous Dyson caught on fire just outside of warranty so I purchased the Dyson Big Ball Origin. This has a major design flaw that the swivel/retractable part that is adjacent to handle will pinch whatever it comes in contact with. I’ve struggled to get the skin from my arm out once it is stuck in it, same for my T-shirt. Dyson admitted that they knew it pinched when I first called them but said they had never seen an injury like mine and considered it a safety issue. The machine itself has no warnings of the only way that this can be safely handled (excluding getting your clothes stuck in it), is it can only be moved/used/operated/dismantled/attachments fitted etc etc by ONLY holding handle otherwise you have a nasty injury coming your way. If you’re vacuuming behind furniture, your car etc, this becomes almost impossible. This machine has the potential to inflict serious injury so I would avoid buying, keep children away and watch your skin, clothing, hair when using. Dyson have been so unhelpful and left it to me to try and get a refund from Harvey Norman. I will be pursing with Fair Trading. Appalling service from Dyson, this machine should be recalled. It is a major hazard and if you google you will see that this issue has been identified already. I will never buy another Dyson product, really disappointed with their appalling service.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for $399.00.

Product is used: Daily
Clogging Issues No
Hi Tracey, Thank you for your review. This is certainly not what we would expect from either your machine or the Dyson Experts you have been in touch with. Please email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and we will be in touch shortly to assist. Best wishes, Shan

Good vacuum

The suction is great as I mentioned before but like I predicted the wand is not strong enough it's leaking air from most joints and the lower one that connects to the floor attachment cracked I had to glue it but it's not gonna hold it's like buying a Ferrari but all the inside is plastic .

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hi Kamel, Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with your Dyson Big Ball. While plastic is one of the many components used to manufacture our machines, we choose the right materials to ensure our machines are durable, yet light. You get a glimpse that goes into testing our machines here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65ku5nxeLdA That being said, we wouldn't expect air to leak from the connections. We would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting. Best wishes, Shan

Disappointed

Found this vacuum very difficult to manoeuvre, it's heavy and has to be picked up in order to move it backwards. The cord is too short making it necessary to unplug and move to an alternate power outlet as one moves around the house. It does not travel around corners and furniture readily and has to be moved manually. It is a powerful vacuum cleaner and does indeed pick up much more than previously owned cleaners but the suction is too strong for rugs. It would be a good idea to try it out on a carpeted area before purchasing.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Absolute Worst Vacuum Ever

We purchased The Big Ball Multi Floor about 8 months ago and it was our 3rd Dyson we have had over the years. This has to be the worst vacuum they have ever made. It's bulky and catches on every external skirting board it encounters and damages them as well. It's a pain in the butt to drag around and the handle is horrible. I think I'll be retiring this one to the garage earlier than expected and trying a different brand next time. Sorry Dyson but it's a big THUMBS DOWN on this one.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Alan, Thank you for reviewing your Dyson machine. Please email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your concerns and our Dyson Experts will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Best wishes, Shan

Love this vacuum Dyson Big Ball Origin

I bought this Dyson to replace a small cheapie so obviously this was a huge step up! The cleaning power was noticeable from the first vacuum. It's so much easier to manoeuvre than any other vacuum I've owned before and doesn't tip because of the ball. I have noticed the suction diminishing even though I wash the top filter frequently and empty the canister after every vacuum (it's pretty much full after cleaning my entire 2 bedroom unit) but it's still powerful enough to pull up the carpet fibres and lift the lino off the kitchen floor!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Hi Wendy, Thank you for reviewing your Dyson Big Ball Origin. I am pleased to hear you are happy with the performance of your new machine, however you shouldn't experience a loss of performance. For assistance with this, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to help. We look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes, ShanThanks for following up, Shan. I will do that.

Love it.

3 dogs, 2 cats, 2 children and it gets all the fur up with ease. best product ever.
My 5 year old uses it with ease and the added bonus of it being a Dyson makes me happy
10/10 recommend for all families, not overly loud either.

My kids are autistic and doesn't bother them.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Amazing, how did I live without such a vacuum cleaner earliert!!!

This is an amazingly powerful machine. Compared to my standard stock cleaner, that mostly gives you a "psychological" satisfaction of cleaning your house, this one is a beast that literally sucks up all the dirt! Very expensive, but absolutely worth the price. If you have kids or someone that suffers dust allergy, this is a must!

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Decent Vacuum

Chose not to go with the stick vacuum, this one was on sale and couldn't go past it for the price. Really easy to set up and use. The design of the Dyson's are really something else, really like the big ball feature and haven't had any issues with its functionality. We have laminated flooring so the head that comes with this is perfect as more popular rotating bristle heads are not ideal

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Smells terrible after only 2 months.

Bought this vac 2 months ago an I cannot get rid of the smell from it. I have 2 dogs and whilst the suction is excellent the smell is terrible. Have cleaned the filter as per instructions and really don’t know what else I can do. Have cleaned the vac only as per the instructions.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi Hayley, Thank you for your query. We are sorry to hear a smell is coming from your Dyson machine. Should any form of liquid or damp enter the machine, this may cause it to harbour a smell. We recommend carrying out the following steps which may dispel any odour. After emptying you may rinse the clear bin in cold water as per the instructions in your user guide, ensuring that no detergents are used. Please don't the seals whilst washing the clear bin and most importantly ensure that the clear bin is completely dry before placing back onto the machine. Please note that the cyclone top assembly, which attaches on top of the bin, must be removed and is not washable. After washing your filter (as shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN9MueZK8zY) please let it dry for 24-48 hours. We also recommend to let the hose, floor tool and wand of your machine air out for 24-48 hours, ideally somewhere safe, dry and sunny. This should help, however if we can assist further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to help. Best wishes, Shan