Dyson Big Ball
See the Best Barrel Vacuum Cleaners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dyson

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (14) · No (11)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (1) · No (23)

Piccollo
PiccolloSydney, NSW

Better than I originally thought

Not user friendly as is difficult to slide over my thick carpet. Have had to set the suction control to its lowest setting. However, easy to empty and no filter to clean.
I have bought Dyson before and expected a better product.

Purchased in September 2021 at The Good Guys.

Rose
Rose

Disappointing for a Dyson

We bought this to replace our old Dyson which could not be repaired. It is very disappointing. It scratches our hardwood floors. It doesn't pick up all the dirt. I have to go over several times on both rugs and hard floors to pick up dirt. We've had it for 15 months and wish I never bought it. A cheaper model that is much more inferior to our previous one. VERY UNHAPPY with the scratches it is leaving behind on the floors.

Purchased at Big W for $399.00.

Product is used Weekly
Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Imoksha jay
Imoksha jayGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good!!!

Recently brought it ...very happy with the product.
It’s really great.
We have a very hairy dog and our carpet is really hard to clean ..
easy to use and empty
I love it best product..

Purchased at Big W Online Store.

Metz
MetzAU

Very Good

We have been using this for over a year now and i can tell you its the best vacuum we've owned, got it on special. It really does a good job on tiles and floorboards.

Purchased in September 2019 for $350.00.

Mindab1980
Mindab1980

Good vacuum cleaner, but duel cleaner head needs improvement

Purchased in August 2020 at Big W for $399.00.

Product is used Several times a week
Hannah A.
Hannah A.

Good for the job

I use this on tiles, carpet and rugs. Cleans well but hard to get it to move on rugs even when I select carpet option. It’s also heavy but most new vacuum cleaners seem to be heavier made. Cleans very well when it comes to carpets and tiles. Easy to pull out and clean and reassemble. Does not need replaceable filters.

Purchased at Bing Lee for $500.00.

Itchy
ItchySouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Good for hard floors, not for carpets

Purchased in October 2019 at Dyson for $899.00.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
hasan
hasanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Powerfull machine

Its really powerful machine with great suction. I would highly recommend this product who does not have any issue handing a little bulky vacuum cleaner.

Little pricy but lucky for me got a great deal from Good guys when purchased this product.

Purchased at The Good Guys for $400.00.

TK1
TK1Palm Beach

Wow ! Just WOW!!

This vacuum has exceeded my expectations!
As soon as it arrived i got it out and vacuumed the guest room! Which appeared to be very clean! However the amount of dust that was sucked up was mind blowing! I have over 5 cats and this vacuum just diminishes the fur and dust from the carpets! Its so powerful it sucks the carpet from the floorboards! I will never buy another brand of vac ever again!! Absolutely amazing!! Dont even look at the price this is an investment!

Purchased in April 2020 at Dyson for $399.00.

Monica6753
Monica6753Pilbara, WA

Bad on tiles

I regret buying this vacumm it is horrible on tiles, I have to go over the same spots alot and lift it up to pick up bulky dirt, the suction isn't very good on carpet and it keeps clicking and sounding like it's clogged when nothing is in it then I have to turn it on and off and it sounds normal again till I put it along then it makes the clogged sound again

Purchased at ALDI for $399.00.

Gloria
GloriaAU

Very powerful

We have always had ducted vacuum so we wanted a powerful vaccum. after reading several reviews chose to buy Dyson Big Ball. We have been very happy with it so far, we have a large house so quite a bit of vacuum is required every week. We only vacuum on carpet as we usually prefer to sweep the floor.

Purchased in January 2020 at ALDI for $349.00.

CMIllawarra, NSW

Beware if you have wooden floors!

Dyson barrel vacuums with the ball are great on carpet. BUT they are terrible on wooden floors once the swivelling ball underneath gets a bit worn - about 12 months. Once worn, the ball produces scuff marks all over the wooden floor. Will never buy one again.

Purchased in February 2016 at The Good Guys for $700.00.

CM

I already reported it to Dyson in Sydney. They had no interest.

Geoff
GeoffSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ouch, that really hurt!!

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $450.00.

DysonDyson

This is certainly not what we would expect any Dyson Owner to experience.

Please forward your details and a link to this review to our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be in touch very shortly.

Disappointed!!

I had it for a couple of months and one of the ball covers came off. Couple weeks later the other side fell off. Can’t fix or put the covers back on as they are held on by plastic clips. Huge waste off $699. The suction is crap opposed to my 10 year old Dyson.
Dyson, you have lost this consumer. I got excited when I saw the garbage truck tip it in the back and drive away.
Miele all the way!!!

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi for $699.00.

Penn

I fixed it, by putting it in the bin

A Dyson at last

I bought the Big Ball Origin to use on my tile and carpet floors. The suction is great on both surfaces and we are really happy with it. Much better than cheaper models from other brands previously used.

Purchased in January 2020 at ALDI for $349.00.

Leah T.
Leah T.asked
Big Ball Origin

I purchased the wrong one and used once and the store wont take it back so I am at a loss as to what I can do to have this working. I thought I had purchased the pet one, but turns out I didnt. If I the purchase the turbine head will it be able to pick up animal hair or not? I have the dyson Big Ball Cinetic with the dual mode cleaner head that just clumps the pethair on the floor

DysonDyson

If pet hair is a challenge in your home, we would certainly encourage the use of a turbine head as the spinning brushes aid in agitating the carpet to remove more dust, debris and pet hair.

For Cinetic Big Ball machines not equipped as standard with a turbine head, one can be purchased via our website here: https://www.dyson.com.au/turbine-head-963544-04

We hope this helps, however if you have any further queries, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

KC
KCasked
Big Ball Origin

can you use older model accessories/tools for this?

DysonDyson

The Dyson Big Ball machines come with an adaptor in the box that works with many older accessories. Should you wish to confirm yours will work, please email a picture of the accessories to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help.

Linda J.
Linda J.asked
Big Ball Origin

I cant push or pull it around with any ease? will a power turbo head help? it just sticks to floors as suction too great? what turbo head goes with it if this will make it effortless?

DysonDyson

We wouldn't expect any difficulties when pushing your machine.

Should you encounter them, a Turbine Head or different floor tool may help. We would encourage contacting your flooring manufacturer to confirm what their recommendations are. Along with a Turbine Head, we do have a floor tool available similar to yours with a suction control setting on the head. For further information, please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Dyson Big Ball

Weight8 kg10.6 kg
TypeBaglessBagless
Cord Length6.6 m
Suction (Air Watts)252 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateMar 2019