MPNs: 214891-01 and 36262391
See the Best Barrel Vacuum Cleaners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dyson

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (6) · No (4)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (3) · No (7)

saphire
saphireAdelaide

Not worth the money, unlike older Dysons. Design flaws plague this model.

Purchased in May 2016 at Dyson for $599.25.

VG1
VG1South East Queensland, QLD

What a piece of rubbish

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Ryan G.
Ryan G.

Perfect Vacuum!

Small and easy to store, but has great suction. Keeps the house clean and so very easy to look after. Capacity of the dust collection could be greater, but apart from that a great product.

Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Allergy compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Olga Moore
Olga MooreGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent vacuum cleaner

Excellent product no bags sucks dust amazingly
Bought on Go MasterCard 60 months interest free $6 service fee per month
Beautiful design top of the range virtually for close to nothing
$24 per month won’t break any budget

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman for $499.00.

Snoozer
SnoozerCentral Queensland, QLD

I miss my old Dyson

After owning a Dyson for 12 years why would I buy anything else... I was excited to see the benefits of 12 years of R&D how sad it was to go so far backwards and wish I never upgraded. The dust lid doesn't always lock properly and spills dust when you remove it, it is hard to move around especially doors, the attachments are always clogged and had to buy special tooling to disassemble clean the dust and hair from the belt and cogs in the head myself instead of always sending it back for repair. My Wife prefers using my $90 Bunnings shop vacuum as it does a better job.

Purchased in July 2017 at The Good Guys for $597.00.

DysonDyson

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
JacSouth Australia

Worst model

This unit is terrible , Ive had it for 2years and now the rotating head wont rotate, suction is awful even after emptying barrel.
Head is forever flicking up more dirt than it sucks in .

Purchased in November 2017.

Jac

Thank you , Ive done the above a couple of times and unfortunately its still not rotating . I will send my details as instructed above .

Mitch B.
Mitch B.Perth, WA

Waste of money

Had an old school Dyson years ago and have fumbled our way through a myriad of cheaper alternatives for about 10 years.
Latest purchase was a Big ball allergy - quietly Hoping for quality once again.
Alas, it’s rubbish- outer wheel cover snapped off within 4 weeks. Persevered without it as needed a vacuum cleaner and now the head just flicks crap everywhere and it doesn’t pick anything up. $5 dustpan from BUNNINGS would out perform it.
Now the warranty cycle begins. More cheap plastic crap on the market, trust eroded.

Purchased in April 2019 at RetraVision for $499.00.

Sharon C.
Sharon C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The Best ..Have had so many!

Everyone has their thing, mine seems to be vacuums, 2 story house with carpet. Have had a couple of Volta's which were ok a Dyson DC08 which seemed to have little suction after awhile.. This one is great (purple model) It is a bit loud and the cat runs a mile but is 10/10. The design makes it easy to use on a staircase as is not bulky. Def recommend!

Purchased in February 2019.

lynpettitt79
lynpettitt79

I wish I could like it, but it's really poor!

Purchased in April 2017.

Frank
FrankRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Dyson Review for barrel vacuum cleaner

WARNING – WARNING – the ball wheel will BREAK OFF if pulled around wall corners and catches or catches on furniture. If left un-repaired, it will scratch hard surfaces.
This has happened twice over 2 years [once by myself and the other time by a helper] and for a $700+ machine there is a design flaw in that the half spheres on either side of the units are held on by a flimsy plastic fitting.

Their selling ploy is “”Steers easily around obstacles and follows without the awkward moves””” I suggest this is false advertising
Frank
7 May 2019

Karen k
Karen kSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don’t buy one!!!!!

Bought the Dyson last week, so disappointed. The head is hard to use on tiles, it’s stiff to push. Not like my old Dyson. Also the attachment does not have as strong suction, as old model. Contacted Dyson they told me to buy a a hand stick, I was hoping for a replacement, The person I spoke to had no idea what she was talking about. What a waste of $699. So frustrated.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $699.00.

Lalistar
Lalistar

Won't be buying Dyson again

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Megan Easton
Megan EastonAU

Excellent all round! Highly recommended!

Date PurchasedOct 2017
debcoopz6
debcoopz6sydney

I'm very frustrated with my Dyson Ball

My Dyson ball vacuum does not vacuum forwards, ie I can only vacuum is by pulling the vacuum back (not forward). I am very frustrated with it. I have cleaned out everything and know there are no blockages. Would appreciate the answer to why my vacuum can't vacuum forwards on my carpet.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Mary Ellul
Mary EllulGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Can’t live without this vacuum

Absolutely love it, it does an excellent job! The suction is fantastic on both carpet and tiles. I only have to vacuum once a week and my house stays clean. This vacuum is also easy to clean. What can I say, I am a happy customer. Its a bit pricey bout worth the money.

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Read more reviews - page 2See all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball reviews

Sherryl R.
Sherryl R.asked
Cinetic Big Ball Allergy

Hi I am wondering where is the filter located for Dyson Cinetic Big Ball allergy

DysonDyson

The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball features Dyson Cinetic Science. Dyson Cinetic Science is so efficient, the dust and dirt is separated from the air into the bin, without the need for a washable filter. The machine has a post motor filter which is there to capture carbon dust from the motor however is designed to last the lifetime of the machine without the need to wash/replace it.

Dyson Cinetic Science features ultra-efficient cyclones with Cinetic tips. These tips allow our cyclones to be small, and they vibrate to ensure the ultra-fine dust doesn't clog them, rather, ends up in the bin for you to empty when you have finished your cleaning session.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available and happy to help.You can find ways to get in touch here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Robertasked
Cinetic Big Ball Allergy

We have a dyson cinetic big ball allergy ... the power head has just stopped working. We have dismantled and reassembled the head and there are no blockages and there are no blockages in the machine. It still has good suction, just the power brush is not working. Any ideas?

Mumof4boys
Mumof4boys

Hey,
Make sure it's not tangled with hair or anything like that (cotton etc)

Hi Mumof4boys.
Thanks, we have done that too with no success.

Hi Robert,

I am sorry to hear about this.

We would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to help in getting this resolved.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you.

Best wishes,

Shan

Rain
Rainasked
Cinetic Big Ball Allergy

I have a Dyson 214891-01 Cinetic Big Ball Allergy Barrel Vacuum and recently bought a Dyson 920018 Swivel Hard Floor Attachment, but it does not fit my vacuum! This is despite it being advertised as "fits all models except DC01, DC21 Motorhead, DC23 Motorhead and cordless models". Is there an adapter to make it fit?

Hi Rain,

Thank you for your query.

In the box included with your Cinetic Big Ball machine at time of purchase, there is an adaptor included to allow use of accessories purchased at store. You can see it in use here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGAgc2Cw6wg

If we can assist further, please just reach out via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be more than happy to help.

Best wishes,

Shan
Facebook.com/Dyson

See all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Allergy questions

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Compare all 8 Dyson Cinetic Big Ball