Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Allergy

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Allergy

MPNs: 214891-01 and 36262391

See the Best Barrel Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Mitch B.

Mitch B.Perth, WA

Waste of money

Had an old school Dyson years ago and have fumbled our way through a myriad of cheaper alternatives for about 10 years.
Latest purchase was a Big ball allergy - quietly Hoping for quality once again.
Alas, it’s rubbish- outer wheel cover snapped off within 4 weeks. Persevered without it as needed a vacuum cleaner and now the head just flicks crap everywhere and it doesn’t pick anything up. $5 dustpan from BUNNINGS would out perform it.
Now the warranty cycle begins. More cheap plastic crap on the market, trust eroded.

Purchased in April 2019 at RetraVision for $499.00.

Product is used: Several times a week
Floor Type Wood

Sharon C.

Sharon C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The Best ..Have had so many!

Everyone has their thing, mine seems to be vacuums, 2 story house with carpet. Have had a couple of Volta's which were ok a Dyson DC08 which seemed to have little suction after awhile.. This one is great (purple model) It is a bit loud and the cat runs a mile but is 10/10. The design makes it easy to use on a staircase as is not bulky. Def recommend!

Purchased in February 2019.

Product is used: Several times a week
Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
Clogging Issues No

I wish I could like it, but it's really poor!

Purchased in April 2017.

Product is used: Daily
Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Clogging Issues Yes
Frank

FrankRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Dyson Review for barrel vacuum cleaner

WARNING – WARNING – the ball wheel will BREAK OFF if pulled around wall corners and catches or catches on furniture. If left un-repaired, it will scratch hard surfaces.
This has happened twice over 2 years [once by myself and the other time by a helper] and for a $700+ machine there is a design flaw in that the half spheres on either side of the units are held on by a flimsy plastic fitting.

Their selling ploy is “”Steers easily around obstacles and follows without the awkward moves””” I suggest this is false advertising
Frank
7 May 2019

Karen k

Karen kSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don’t buy one!!!!!

Bought the Dyson last week, so disappointed. The head is hard to use on tiles, it’s stiff to push. Not like my old Dyson. Also the attachment does not have as strong suction, as old model. Contacted Dyson they told me to buy a a hand stick, I was hoping for a replacement, The person I spoke to had no idea what she was talking about. What a waste of $699. So frustrated.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $699.00.

Product is used: Daily

Won't be buying Dyson again

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Megan Easton

Megan EastonAU

Excellent all round! Highly recommended!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

debcoopz6

debcoopz6sydney

I'm very frustrated with my Dyson Ball

My Dyson ball vacuum does not vacuum forwards, ie I can only vacuum is by pulling the vacuum back (not forward). I am very frustrated with it. I have cleaned out everything and know there are no blockages. Would appreciate the answer to why my vacuum can't vacuum forwards on my carpet.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Mary Ellul

Mary EllulGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Can’t live without this vacuum

Absolutely love it, it does an excellent job! The suction is fantastic on both carpet and tiles. I only have to vacuum once a week and my house stays clean. This vacuum is also easy to clean. What can I say, I am a happy customer. Its a bit pricey bout worth the money.

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Quest kings

Quest kingsEdwards town

Should have bought a chapter brand

We got this because we needed it for allergys but it hasn't made much a difference and could have spent a lot less on a cheap brand one that would do the same job. The only thing is great is the sucktion power but we still have allergy issues so hasn't helped with that

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Brad

BradNowra NSW

Dismal, disappointing and to many flaws! :(

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Dyson Team ..Dyson

Two years And That Is The End Of This Disaster.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

ChrisPerth

False advertising

I am taking these guys to consumer affairs.
The ad says “engineered for allergies” we literally left the doctors after receiving results oh being highly allergic to dustmites to purchase this machine. We searched for the best money could by and forked our $799 of our hard earned on this new machine. The ad claims to “hygienically eject the dirt” however all we have found is to be covered by dust every time we open it. Have had it serviced, have had it checked, have had a replacement dust bin sent out yet this continues to spit dust. Looking forward to a full refund being awarded by consumer affairs after they enticed the purchase with false claims.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Chris

Hi Mira, we are well beyond pleasantries, the ACCC will be in touch.
Just ensuring future customers are well informed.
Kind Regards,

Melisa

MelisaWest Beach

Double the dirt holder than our old vacuum

Our old unknown name brand vacuum died last year so on the hunt for a new one we went and decided to buy this one as it holds double the amount of dirt and dust than our old one did. We went ball because we have extremely sharp corner walls turns and it works very well

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Roger

RogerSydney

Good but not convenient

It is a bit heavy. The suction seems good but not easy to maneuver. Emptying the dust is not easy to use. You have to use something to take out the rubbish out of it. I bought it for dust allergy, i have just two normal size rugs. But not really sure specifically good for dust allergies.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

SamiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible save your money

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Sami

Your customer service is as good as the machine ! What a waste of time contacting you, you were no help whatsoever.

Disappointing...

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Shirley Marjanovic

Shirley MarjanovicSydney, NSW

Can’t live without my Dyson vacuum cleaner!

I am so grateful to have found this vacuum machine as it has a great suction on it and picks up everything as I have two special needs children and cats that require me to vacuum everyday! It’s so light to use as I have bulging discs and can’t lift heavy things! Even my boys can use it as it’s light enough to carry around as I have a large two story house with five bedrooms house. It’s great on floor boards and rugs! It’s very quiet and very easy to manoeuvre. I would recommend everyone to buy one to use. Thank you Dyson!
Shirley Marjanovic

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Glen Barns

Glen BarnsMelbourne, Vic

Great vacume cleaner

Our kids love this vacuum cleaner. The only issue we have is the cord after a while goes back inside on its own but only by a small amount. The kids think it's funny looking like a snail but hay it gets the job done and they use it too it's that easy

Date PurchasedApr 2017

mouse

mouse

Worst vacuum iv'e had.

Big ball allergy Dyson vacuum is good for 2 minutes, my house is not dirty but a little dust accumulated at the back will stop my vac from sucking. I have a small three bedroom house and have to empty it about 10 times very frustrating. Not worth the money we paid. Taking it back to domayne where I bought it.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

See all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball reviews

Robertasked

We have a dyson cinetic big ball allergy ... the power head has just stopped working. We have dismantled and reassembled the head and there are no blockages and there are no blockages in the machine. It still has good suction, just the power brush is not working. Any ideas?

Mumof4boys
Mumof4boys

Hey,
Make sure it's not tangled with hair or anything like that (cotton etc)

Hi Mumof4boys.
Thanks, we have done that too with no success.

Hi Robert,

I am sorry to hear about this.

We would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to help in getting this resolved.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you.

Rain

Rainasked

I have a Dyson 214891-01 Cinetic Big Ball Allergy Barrel Vacuum and recently bought a Dyson 920018 Swivel Hard Floor Attachment, but it does not fit my vacuum! This is despite it being advertised as "fits all models except DC01, DC21 Motorhead, DC23 Motorhead and cordless models". Is there an adapter to make it fit?

Hi Rain,

Thank you for your query.

In the box included with your Cinetic Big Ball machine at time of purchase, there is an adaptor included to allow use of accessories purchased at store. You can see it in use here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGAgc2Cw6wg

If we can assist further, please just reach out via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be more than happy to help.

Facebook.com/Dyson

Catherine C

Catherine Casked

I have just brought this today, great suction lasted about 10 minutes, it already doesnt suck very well! Emptied it and checked for blockages (definatly not, because i only vacuumed a small area). This is so disappointing! Does anyone have advice?

Dennis
Dennis

I would take straight back to your retailer for an exchange.

Hi Catherine,

Thank you for reaching out.

I am sorry to hear about this, understanding you have checked for blockages, we would encourage you to double check just in case. You can find our blockage checkpoints here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/cy23_new/dyson-cinetic-big-ball-allergy/my-machine-is-not-working/checking-for-blockages-step-by-step-guide-dmft/removing-blockages-from-the-turbine-head

If this doesn't solve the problem, please give our Dyson Experts a call on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy and we will be happy to help. Our team are available Monday - Friday 8 am - 8 pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30 am - 4 pm AEDST.

Facebook.com/Dyson

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

CategoryBarrel Vacuum Cleaners