Dyson DC23

Motorhead, Turbine, Multi Floor, etc...
See the Best Barrel Vacuum Cleaners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dyson

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (3) · No (0)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (0) · No (4)
Harry S.
Harry S.Sydney, NSW

Over rated, overpriced and disappointing

Our turbinehead jammed despite regular cleaning. A replacement head cost as much as a new conventional vacuum cleaner so I pulled it apart with nothing to lose. I found all plastic components and cogs which was disappointing considering the new cost.
I cleaned it up and reassembled the head and it’s been working since. Not cheap so one should expect better construction.

arergzgamer
arergzgamer

Perfect Vacuum

Perfect on every floor type pet or no pet still is great
Had for over 20 years now still working!
This is amazing and I love it couldn’t live without it
I’m just amazed at the power

Purchased in September 2002.

Pam
PamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Just replaced the turbine head after 10 years of service, now to the next 10 years.

I use it on carpet and also ceramic floor tiles, suction is still amazing. Attachment heads are invaluable. Never had any problems, easy to store, easy to empty, love my Dyson vacuum cleaner.

Purchased in July 2009 at The Good Guys for $600.00.

Rayj
RayjSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to use! Easy to empty out waste!

Great suction. Easy to empty. Would recommend getting a Dyson Forsure! Carpets come up great. I use it on carpet and hard floors. The turbine head makes it easy to vac. For smaller places like in between fridge window ledges the other attachments come in handy to.

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Find out how Dyson DC23 compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Fantastic vacuum, fantastic service!

Best vacuum cleaner I've owned, the turbine head is brilliant for pet hair and lifting the carpet pile. I run a BnB and have a hairy dog, so it gets plenty of use.
When I have needed parts or advice the after sales service has been superb. The turbine head on my DC23 has finally given up after 10 years, I was delighted to find I can still get a replacement head for only $129, so much better than having to buy a new machine!

Date PurchasedAug 2008
Aileen KTheodore

Why discontinue an excellent product. I bought my first one when they first came a bit worn out.

The dyson 23 powerhead was the best there is. Why discontinue an excellent product. I bought mine when they first came out. The suction is not as good as it was so I decided to buy the latest. Cinetic bigball multifloor. It's terrible. The tools on the side of the handle is shocking. The foot is hard to push.
Hate it with a passion. Give me a new power head anyday. Very disappointed

Date PurchasedJan 2000
Aileen K

P.S I also loved the wrap around (stow away) style easier to pack away. The clinetic and rest of your new vacuums are clumsy with the stand up handle. I paid the vacuum cleaner off from TVSN, that should give you a time of purchase.

Dave T
Dave TVictoria

It is the best vacuum I have ever used. The floors look like I have just mopped them after using it. Amazing! The motor head works wonders on carpeted areas as it really lifts up all the dirt and hair. For those not used to the weight of the unit it can be a little difficult to move around a bit with it, but I personally wasn't fussed.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Brandy
BrandyStirling

Good Vacuum Cleaner

Happy with the performance, good suction, still going strong after 4 years. Powerhead is a big plus, partic the on off button on the top which can be turned off with a flick of the foot. Not the quietest cleaner, nor the lightest but i'd buy another as its the best we've owned

Date PurchasedAug 2013
Salwa H
Salwa HAU

Good vacuum

Ive had This vacuum cleaner for about 3 years now and it's still like new , the suction is still really good , it's easy to clean , and easy to mansuver , it's medium in weight , I use it to vacuum my tiles and carpet, although it's not really good for shaggy rugs.

Date PurchasedSept 2015

Hard to use

With the price you would think they might give you a decent hose. Very difficult to maneuver and the unit gets caught on everything. Big mistake buying Dyson. I would never buy another overpriced unit again. I can see why they spend so much on advertising, it is the only way they are still in business.

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Tony
TonyAU

Good suction, noisy and bulky, then the motor blew up

Date PurchasedNov 2010
JoshayPalmerston North

Hot and cold feeling over this product

The Dyson is a really good product re motor etc, when its working its awesome but we too have had 3 heads due to it just giving up. We persevere otherwise it would have been an expensive garden ornament, and not really good advertisement for Dyson. The Dyson is really powerful and because I cant find another head I'm about to adapt an opposition head onto the wand. Why have we just reported it now, well after 3 heads and out of warranty I wouldn't think Dyson would be interested, like most companies, once bought the service can be non existent.

Date PurchasedAug 2007

dyson burned

hi,

the dyson dc 23 is a heavy one and it is not really for a lady . it always get tangle lines and pipe.
it was sparking and burned recently and it is really scary at the end.

Thanks god . finally get rid of it finally.

thanks

joanne

Date PurchasedMay 2012
Newt
NewtSydney, NSW

I bought a DC23 Motorhead second hand seeing as it's been discontinued.

I'm a cleaner and have used dozens of different vacuum cleaners. Then I was hired by a client with a DC23 motorhead. It was an OMG moment. The motorhead removes cat fur from carpet, bed sheets, curtains and anything else fabric without damaging it. A turbine head simply doesn't cut the comparative mustard. Oh why, oh why did you discontinue it, Dyson?

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
SDN
SDNVictoria

Useless wand

The wand after 3 uses became blocked. Customer service not great, one lady was ok. I managed to unblock it the first few times and now it will not unblock. I stopped using it (disheartened) however kovina house and though i would try one last time, still blocked. It was an expensive piece if plastic parts, i have spent lots of my time trying to fix it. I should have returned it but kept giving dyson another chance. I don't see why i should spend more money on a wand when the plastic was expensive enough. I can't and will not recommend your brand to anyone. ( you will have to forgive the typos it will not alow me to go back and edit.... And i can't spend anymore time on this......)

Date PurchasedDec 2011

Tom B.
Tom B.asked
DC23

The beater bar will only work for a few minutes ,I have spent an hour clearing all the hair from the bar ,and when I try it again it still only works for awhile .I found if you lift it off the carpet as your bringing it back it doesn’t stop .I have always thought it was a bad connection with the red on off button please help

DysonDyson

For best assistance, we would kindly encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts via phone, live chat or Facebook Messenger, you can find our contact details here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

We hope to hear from you and look forward to assisting.

Michelle W.
Michelle W.asked
DC23 Motorhead

I have a DC23 Motorhead cannister and the power bar turns off constantly. I have cleaned it and it still happens - does it have a belt that needs to be replaced?

DysonDyson

The Dyson DC23 Motorhead doesn't have any belts in the head that need to be replaced.

For best assistance, we would encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts who will be happy to assist with troubleshooting. You can find ways of getting in touch here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

We hope to hear from you and look forward to assisting.

Theresa Q.
Theresa Q.asked
DC23 Motorhead

Where can I turn off the brush bar on my DC 23 Turbinehead ?

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Compare all 6 Dyson DC23

3.5
Dyson DC23 Turbine Plus

Dyson DC23 Turbine Plus

2.4
CategoryBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $739.00$1,099.00$849.00$949.00
Bin Capacity2 L2 L2 L2 L
HEPA FilterYesYesYesYes
Weight10.8 kg10.8 kg10.8 kg10.8 kg
TypeBaglessBaglessBaglessBagless
Cord Length6.5 m6.5 m6.5 m6.5 m
Suction (Air Watts)280 AW280 AW280 AW280 AW
Replaced byDyson DC47 Multi FloorDyson DC47 Multi FloorDyson DC47 Multi FloorDyson DC47 Multi Floor
Compare all 6 Dyson DC23