Dyson Ball Animal DC65

MPN: 20627301

16 questions from our users

Kelly Tritz

Kelly Tritzasked

How do you use this on wool carpets, do you just turn the beater bar off??

Graeme
Graeme

Always engaged the turbo on carpets due to our owning a short haired dog. Seemed to pick up more of the carpet pile than the dog hair. I don't believe it is as effective when turbo disengaged.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

The brushbar of your Dyson Ball Animal is designed to be used on while on carpets to agitate the carpet and assist in picking up dust, dirt and debris.

That being said, for any delicate surfaces, hard floors, or any floors where you are uncertain if you should turn the brushbar off, we would recommend consulting with your flooring manufacturer to confirm.

If we can assist with any further queries, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to assist.

Greg S

Greg Sasked

Hi Dyson users
My DC65 sucks vigorously through the top of the handle, but not at all through the base in any position.
Very confusing!
Is there a switch or button or setting I am missing??

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your query.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulty with your Dyson DC65, we are happy to help.

The DC65 automatically diverts suction between the hose and the main cleaner head automatically. If this isn't happening, we would encourage removing the hose and checking the changeover valve as shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akhJr3Yjk70

This should help get your machine running as normal, however if we can assist further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch to assist.

Skip

Skipasked

My DC65 has become extremely difficult to push on our carpeted as well as the beater bar will quit operating if you stop to move a chair. We have had this unit for couple of years and have been very happy with the unit until now. About 6 months ago I replaced all the filters as well as cleaned the unit in great detail. It is almost as if there is to much suction. What is going on?

Hi Skip,

Thank you for your query.

Sorry to hear your Dyson DC65 is hard to push and the brushbar is stopping. Neither of these are to be expected. We would kindly ask for you to get in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com. We will be more than happy to assist and get your machine running as it should.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Mark D

Mark Dasked

My dyson animal is doing the same thing where you pull the hose out completely and it wants to retract. I have to use one hand to pull, one foot to hold the dyson in place while I am pulling the hose and the other hand to clean. It has nothing to do with the wand. Is there some way to pull the hose out and get it to like click in where it will not retract on its own? OMG what a pain this thing is ! sorry I paid $600 for it.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your query.

Sorry to hear you are unhappy with the hose on your machine. While we anticipate your hose will be taut at first, it will loosen up over time. We encourage to having one person hold the machine in place while a second individual stretches the hose to its full length to help loosen the hose. You can also store the machine temporarily with the hose stretched around the machine. Be assured, this will stretch with time.

If we can assist further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to further assist.

Angela McGrath

Angela McGrathasked

I am having the same problem. I just pulled my dyson apart, checked filters, hose everything. When you want to use the wand the suction is too strong and I can't use it and the hose does not want to extend. I basically need to put my foot on the floor head part it to stop it lifting off the ground. Can you please tell me how to fix this problem?

Hi Angela,

Thank you for your question.

We are sorry to hear of these issues you are experiencing and would like to learn more about your situation.

Could you please send an email through to auaskdyson@dyson.com and one of our experts will be in touch as soon as possible to assist.

Maureen

Sorry Angela I haven’t got any suggestions to fix this problem but the only way I could get an answer was to do a product review then at least Dyson responded with an email address that they actually looked at. They Are clearing them out in Harvey Norman Hobart, so they obviously realise the product is faulty but Dyson are not prepared to replace same.

Natalie Dasked

Will the v6 rollerbrush replacement fit this model? dyson ball animal

Maureen

Hi Natalie, I was assured by Dyson staff that non of the other rollers or heads will fit this model as I was quiet happy to change either the brushbar, the head or the whole vacuum as this model is obviously not user/purpose friendly. Listening to adds from Harvey Norman, on the radio today in Hobart I heard them say that Dyson weren't making this type any more. Maybe they have realised how bad it is. Dyson do assure me that all parts have a 2 yr warranty but I wonder how long that will last if they don't make them anymore. My brush lasts approx. 10 months. Hope this helps.

Hi Natalie,

Thanks for your question.

The V6 parts are not compatible with the Dyson DC65 Ball Animal.

The correct brushbar for your machine can be seen at: https://shop.dyson.com.au/spare-parts/brushbar-966098-02

As this part is currently out of stock online, but is in stock internally, please email us at auaskdyson@dyson.com with your contact details and machine's serial number and we will be happy to help arrange an order for you.

Mira

Many thanks...
Kind regards
Natalie

Jeff w.

Jeff w.asked

Hello, I have a dc 65 and the suction motor suddenly stopped working. The bar still turns on and off as normal. Any ideas?Thanks in advance!

Sueb
Sueb

No sorry

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your question and we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your machine.

We would recommend to reach out to our helpline on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy or send through an email to auaskdyson@dyson.com with the serial number of your machine and contact details and one of our experts will be in touch to best assist you.

Vanessa M

Vanessa Masked

I have a dc 65 animal complete and I've checked for any clogs and I've cleaned the filters. But the vacuum is only ducking from the handle, not the base. It does a great job ! But I need it to vacuum the floor. Any ideas? I also have a compact dyson with the exact same problem. Please help!!

Hi Vanessa,

Thank you for your question and we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues with your machines.

We would recommend to run through the checks outlined on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLnH--ca1YA.

Should the issue persist please send through an email to auaskdyson@dyson.com with the serial numbers of your machines and contact details and we will be in touch as soon as possible to assist.

Belle S

Belle Sasked

I have the dyson stick v6, it really is an easy and great device. apart from the fact that my dog hair jams everything :( the wheels are jammed and now finally the spinny thing inside is also jammed.
So tell me big fluffy dog owners, will this vacuum get jammed with hair???

Hi Belle,

Thank you for your question and we are sorry to hear of the issue you have experienced with your V6.

We would recommend to contact our helpline on 1800 239 766 to discuss the jammed head and the performance of the DC65 on fluffy dog hair. Our helpline is open Mon-Fri 8am-8pm and on the weekend 8.30am-4pm.

Adam410

Adam410asked

Will the shroud from a Dyson Animal 2 fit a Dyson DC25? Thanks

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your query.

Apologies for any disappointment, however the cyclones from these two machines aren't cross-compatible.

If you need assistance in finding parts, please reach out to questions@dyson.com and our US Based Dyson Experts will be more than happy to help.

Carole

Caroleasked

Hi, I find my dyson suction too strong for my rugs and it keeps sticking to one rug and even left permanant grove marks on it. Is there any way to stop this, like adjusting the brush higher?
Carole

solsta
solsta

Carole,I too had 'burn' looking streaks when I first received it. It can be adjusted and Dyson picked my head up and returned it at no cost.
I am not sure how to do it myself but it is a dream since they fixed it. Glides with no resistance at all.
I have low pile carpet and the rugs are thicker but it goes over them no issue. It just detects your rugs as vinyl like mine did with the carpet and lowers to accommodate it.
Just call Dyson and explain and mention my fix they did. They are really friendly in customer service.
Good luck.

Hi Carole,

Thank you for reaching out.

So we can best assist, please email askdyson@dyson.com.au and we will be in touch with you as soon as possible.

astrid

astridasked

Is it easy to maneuver under beds and furniture? Or are you continually using the hose attachment?

Hi Astrid,

Thank you for your query.

This would depend on the build of your furniture. As the machine pivots on the ball, it can make it easier to get under. However, the wand is easily and quickly removed from the back of the machine in the event you are unable to get under any furniture.

I hope this helps, however, you are welcome to email askdyson@dyson.com.au if you have any more queries. We are happy to help.

modjour
modjour

it can go about 50% under table chairs - you would need to do half on each side, personally I just move the chairs out of the way then back. under a small dining table its ok. The wand is useless, really hard to use as you are fighting against it the whole time. If you have stairs dont buy this model - we have resorted to using an old vacuum cleaner for our stairs or tight spots (that would require the wand) rather than the Dyson DC65

Jazrah

Jazrahasked

I am so fed up with this product. Every one gets so excited the first few months as did I. You use your old vacuum ( mine was a dyson) You do the test where you vacuum with your old one and then find the new one picks up that last 10% and you are so happy with the new one you give your old one to your daughter. Then you find out that is all the new one does. 10% it hates to do the bulk of the work.

So now the clip on the bottom of the barrel has broken off. Probably from fatigue because you have to empty the barrel so often. . Plus you deleted my last question without answering it. The fact that my turbo drive head stopped turning making it ineffective.
I have never been so up and close with the dirt I vacuum up. Unless you are vacuuming up pretty pebbles you need a chopstick to help empty the barrel. And picking out anything in the turbo head so it will work.
I paid $800 for this piece of crap
So my question is what do I do with a barrel that doesn't close?

Hi Jazrah,

I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with your machine.

Please be assured www.productreview.com.au has administrative control of this website and Dyson are not able to change or remove any questions.

I am sorry you are having trouble with your machine, please email askdyson@dyson.com.au, and we will be happy to assist you further and get your machine up and running.

Virginia

Virginiaasked

DC65 upright a breeze to push when first purchased after About 6mths it is so hard to push. Can't work out why checked. Filter ect cannot stand using it. Any help?

Tim

Check to see if the ball spins freely maybe the filter is jamming the ball

Tim

Hi Again check under the brush bar you should see a black wheel and cover that goes in the middle of the brush if the wheel is missing u need to replace the whole brush bar head if it's still under warranty Dyson will replace free of charge

jenny
jenny

Hi Virginia, I just reckon these cleaners are duds. I find that ours has been hard to manouvre from the day we purchased it. Would take it back to your point of purchase.

Don

Donasked

Just used my DC65 for the first time and feel it is not up to Dyson standards; What are my options after only using this once? I would be keen to stick with a Dyson and I thought that buying the top of the range would be the best. Don

Hi Don,

Thank you for your question and we are very sorry to hear that you feel your new D65 Animal is not living up to your expectations.

At this stage we would recommend to contact our helpline on 1800 239 766 to discus this further. Our helpline is open Monday-Friday 8am-6pm and on the weekends 8.30am-4pm.

Jessie.Hasked

I recently purchased my DC65 animal and seem to be having issues with the handle/ wand part. It won't stay extended out when in use- is the suction causes the hose to keep retracting?

Bel
Bel

Hey Jessie.H

I had similar problems and contacted Dyson about this their solution was the more you use it the looser it will be, mine still is stiff and makes it hard to use, I do find this a bit annoying, tho I wouldn't give up my Dyson..

Jessie.H

Thanks Bel. Im not sure - it doesn't seem like it's tight, as it comes out fine when it is switched off. I can pull it out all the way quite easily. When you turn it on it sucks it back in again? And it pulls it back in so hard that the vacuum rolls backward toward me? Is that what yours did?

researchFirst
researchFirst

Hi Jessie, sorry I am not much help. My dyson us stuck in the cupboard. I can't use it despite my efforts in getting a response from dyson. I can't move the vacuum cleaner over the floor! I hope someone else is able to assist.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives