Ecostar Double Glazing

Ecostar Double Glazing

Amazing product! Is a life saver in the cold months!

When the product demonstrators came to my house, they were very quick and efficient in quoting the windows that I wanted double glazed. They replaced the frame to a beautiful wooden grain finish, which look exactly like real timber. price was discounted and I am very happy with the finish and look of my home!

Store LocationDandenong

Ecostar sales pitch

Hi we got ecostar to install some double glazed windows at our property a few years ago and must say we are very happy with them however the sales pitch at the sales stage was very pushy and we definitely got sucked in for a price which with research we could have got the same product with someone else for much cheaper even after the so called heavy discounts.
They are recently doing a sales drive saying they are giving 17% off plus extra 10% for existing customers, and another 11% to be donated to royal children's hospital so therefore approx 38% off. Forgive me if I haven't got the exact % but its close.
They rang me to offer this special deal so I got them around for a quote.
The quote they gave me was after a fellow competitor also gave us a quote as I wanted to do more research before buying from them again. There price was nearly double... with the discount it still wasn't within the ball park. He then got on the phone as they did last time to Mr Thompson I think his name was. Then they gave me another 8% off which is around 45% off which still wasn't near the price the other company gave me. I have done research and seen there product and its the same if not better.
Then the salesman said this price is only for today. I said I had one more quote and will get back to him in few days. He said if we didn't book today the price would go up another $11000..... I said what... He said its because he has to come back and do all the paperwork, etc. I said it costs me $11000 to get you back. What a joke!!
I said I wonder how you guys get business as there sales method is an absolute joke trying to suck in people to think that if they don't get it today they'll miss out on a great deal and he replied thats what ecostar do and if you don't book with his thats fine but we have plenty of other customers..
No doubt the product is great but don't advertise all these discounts and even put the royal children's hospital appeal in the sales pitch to get people feel like you are doing something great. Its a disgrace. If you give your best price the first time like others, you will probably get alot more business. I definitely wouldn't recommend ecostar every again due to your sales techniques.
You will continue to lose customers.
Funny how there are majority 5 star reviews and 1 star reviews of this company. I wonder whose doing the 5 star ones???

Store Locationecostar double glazing windows
Hi Garry, im really sorry about the above we certainly didnt want to create any issues. If you're an existing customer then it's pointless for us to take you through discounts as you already know the price and product so it's simply giving you the price that was offered in the letter. Would you mind replying with either your quote number or any original contract details if you could. I'll look into whats happened here. Regards,

Keep us cosy in Winter

We wanted to save on energy costs. We wanted noise reduction. We originally ordered 5 windows in October 2018.

The windows have kept the house warm. I've noticed it in my bedroom. They look good. They are easy to use. They look nice from the outside and the inside.

The only thing I don't like is the price and the fact I have to paint the architraves myself!

The installation was good.

The office are always lovely over the phone. Super bubbly and friendly.

Part of the reason we are ordering another 4 windows today is that they make the old windows look crap.

Jared our sales rep is amazing. Very helpful, through,always wanting to get us the best deal.

Store LocationEcostar

Best Improvement we have made to the House. By a Mile.

Our reason for buying Ecostar double glazing windows is that our front rooms were drafty, noisy and cold. The windows were probably 40 years old. Old double hung windows. Very old. Very thin. Very drafty. They were old.

In March 2016 we ordered a lounge room window, both front bedrooms and the master bedroom and en suite. 15 panes of glass. That was our first order.

Our second order was about a year later when we replaced the small window in the bedroom.

I was astonished how big the difference was with noise. It was striking. It was like a new room. I work from home in the office and the difference is very good.

You literally don't hear any noise through the front window. Any noise comes through the front door.

You don't feel the cold from the window any more.

We looked at ALL the double and triple glazing installers in Australia and even New Zealand. We spent a month on it. We read every website and did a lot of industry research. I'm from Sweden and used to good insulation. We had at least 5 other quotes all of which were cheaper, but we still decided to go with Ecostar.

Everyone has either positive or negative reviews. We have seen the negative reviews of people who feel frustrated over the sales process. I have never seen one bad review of someone who has the product. People find it frustrating they can't just call and get a quick quote.

The product is excellent. If you have ever driven a BMW or a Porsche, there is a difference to a cheap car. If you want one of those you can expect to pay a bit more. To me, I would have rather have that experience in my home than in my car. It's my home I spend more time in.

Installation was VERY GOOD. They are nice. Very professional. Good job. Clean up after. Cleaner when they left than before they arrived.

Premium price.

Best Improvement we have made to the House. By a Mile. Would do it again.

Very happy with them. They work just like the ones in Europe.

Store LocationECOSTAR

Warmer winter to look forward to, cooler summer.

We have found that the entire process with Ecostar has been extremely satisfactory and professional. We have been very pleased with the finished product which has significantly reduced the noise from the main road and improved the insulation of the house. We would highly reccomend the services and products of Ecostar Double Glazing.

Aftersales service was good. My one complaint was when we were booking in the installation, the lady on the phone was very keen on keeping to her schedule, when we were going away and had clearly communicated with the surveyor that we were going away. She came around, we had them scheduled suitably and now they are in.

The installers were efficient and quick. We kept them fueled with Coffee. We ordered 5 windows and a sliding glass double door. Today we are finishing off the rest of the ground floor with two windows and a door from Jared. Although we could have done it one go, it was a lot of money and we decided to wait, to access the efficiency of the product before doing more.

Our house was not cosy, and now it is.

Job Satisfaction
Store LocationEcostar Double glazing.

Recommend them to everybody!

We placed our first Order with Ecostar back in 2013. We bought the windows for peace of mind, quiet, noise reduction, thermal efficiency, security and to improve our home. With the knowledge I have of double glazing from my background in the UK, I knew what to expect.

My interactions with the office have been very good.
The installation was EXCELLENT. Two guys came who were both English. They were here for two days.

I had three quotes from other companies, then my friend in Nth Ringwood ordered Ecostar products, and we had Ecostar come out and quote. So that's when the training officer came around and we got a good deal and had them done.

We love it. The thermal efficiency has been good.
Noise reduction has been great. We live on a fairly major road which is quite busy.

It has been great. I love them. They remind me of being in England. It's cute feeling like we are back in England again. They are brilliant. I love them.
Its great if you have evaporative cooling as you can put the windows on the setting where you can leave the windows open and still use the evap cooling.

We have never put fly screens on and havn't found that we needed them. It has never been a problem.

We have had multiple friends have placed orders with Ecostar as a result of our recommendation.

Job Satisfaction

Come through on what they say they are going to do.

We first placed our order with Ecostar about four years ago. We wanted to modernize the house and to improve thermal insulation.

Windows have been really good. They met our expectations. Performed as specified.

We then placed our second order a year ago. That was 3 windows.

Today we are finishing our house with a sliding door and a window.

The installation boys were very good.
It did everything they said it was going to do. It will last for 10, 20, 30 or 40 years. The initial hit isn't pleasant, but its why people buy nice cars as opposed to just serviceable cars.

RIP OFF

High pressure sales tactics for a mediocre product. 3 hours wasted in a grand presentation about how good they are... bulls**t! To have 3 bedrooms fitted the quote started at $52,000. After some amazing stories about brexit, installation costs, current deals and ever the bloody euro... We ended up at $23,000. Amazing... and sickening.

I have since received two other quotes for $15,000 and $17,000 for double glazing the same windows.

Store LocationHome visit
Hi Tim Phillips, Suprise suprise,you didnt have a quote and there is no record of you ever enquiring. Poor attempt at missleading customer for your $15,000 option. It's pretty obvious as you reference "Bloody Euro" for Brexit rather than the English pound. We are the only company offering uPVC that doesnt trade in Euro in Victoria. Try again and better yet be brave enough to have your product accredited for UV stabalisation and actually prove this to your customers. We're sick of having to clean up the mess you leave behind.Mitch... you're clearly [removed]. I had a [Name Removed] come around last week to quote my property, how dare you try and belittle my review with claims that I'm a competitor. From my experience with your shit business, I'm amazed you haven't been taken to court with your doggy sale practices. I've already appointment Stegbar to remove my windows and install full double glazing. They laughed when they heard about your on the spot discounts. You should be ashamed.

Beware of Ecostars Sales Tactics .

The windows and installation were great; but that's where the positives end. This company uses high pressure to sell their windows. In doing so they no doubt make a huge profit as people get over-whelmed by the tactics they employ. Be warned - before having them come and quote make a COMMITMENT with your partner not to sign a contract no matter what discounts and incentives they offer to get you sign before the salesman leaves. Hold out for a much better quote at a later date. Just read the negative reviews on this website as they consistently criticize their selling techniques. Ecostar always responds by saying "our sales practices are not for everyone" but believe me their high pressure tactics are not for anyone. Just read the negative reviews - Ecostar is rarely in the wrong according to their passive aggressive reply's. Another thing; based on personal experience it seems they don't check the windows for faults / breakages before installation day so if something is wrong it can be a few months before replacements arrive from England. In our case they pressured us for full payment yet the job would take months before it was finished.

Store LocationMelbourne
Hi Graeme B, Can i have some more information about your contract please? Can you reply with your appointment date, installation date and your unique contract number as I want to make sure this is a genuine review. If the above is true and genuine then we will be straight out there to fix any issues, and we discuss this during the initial appointment so im confussed how this was missed. Regarding the better price. I'll investigate this once we receive your reply. That should've never happened. Please come back to me asap about the contract details so i can check on this. Regards,

Sound advice.

Ecostar windows are good for the environment.

Wicked materials.

I like the efficiency of them and the economic of them. Sound reduction is good.

Dealings with the office were easy.
Dealing with Jared was very easy. Sound advice. Very good advice.

Amazing product!

We had been considering double glazed windows on the west side of our house for sometime when we had Jared come out and explain all about Ecostar's product. Jared was very thorough on his explanations of types of windows, to the measuring up and how we could get best discount. We ordered four windows initially and have just had them installed by two of their super installers in John and Matt. These guys are meticulous in their work and cleaned up afterwards. The windows look fantastic. Our whole experience with Ecostar has been very professional and efficient. We are now on a mission to save up to get the remaining windows and doors done.

Store LocationDandenong

AVOID!!!

A 3 hour product demonstration at which we both had to be present is designed to prevent you from being able to talk about a decision and commit to a purchase at a later date. Avoid this company. The pressure they put on you is stressful and upsetting and should be illegal.

Our quote went from $47K for 7 windows and a door to $44K with a $7K deposit. It then went to $36K. His final offer was $26K with a $50 deposit!!! When we still said no because this was our first quote and we need to plan and compare the salesman wouldn’t take no for an answer. He then tried to do a deal for two windows and a door. The same ludicrous discounts kept being offered. He made phone calls to his boss and kept making new offers to us in an attempt to make us sign up immediately. Huge pressure was put on us. It was awful. It actually felt abusive.

How upsetting it is to know that people are signing up to this because of these sales tactics. Read this link! https://thewindowdog.com/husband-wife-must-present/

I’m using a fake name because I never want to hear from this company again. Fully expecting they will reply in a passive aggressive manner, claiming that I work for a competitor. I do not.

In summary - avoid Ecostar. If a product is any good it will sell itself and be priced for the market rather than need to rely on instant 45% discounts when you don’t sign up immediately!

Hi Jilly, we are sorry you felt that way and I can’t offer much help due to using the fake name. If the above is true regarding the cost I’m glad you bought this to attention as the above $47k would only require $4,700 for deposit not $7k so I’m not sure what was to be achieved there. If the above values fluctuated that much for the exact same product and there was no variation to the quote/product then that is a problem for us. We do apologies if you felt pressured to sign on the day. We do openly offer discount and incentives on the night. I feel we really missed the mark in finding something suitable for you. I can understand you don’t want us to contact you and we won’t. If you could at the very least email us your quote number I can at least chase up who this was and if this was ill priced or there was a variation of quote/product to change that price as commonly this seems to happen. All the best in the future,

New Tech

The Ecostar windows offer a package. Thermal efficiency, noise reduction, security and new technology. The argon gas is pretty impressive. My motivation for ordering 16 windows and doors is to reduce noise and I like the thermal benefits.

Heard Ecostar advertised on 3MBS.

European standards win

We were looking for efficiency. For heating and cooling and keeping our costs down. We originally ordered 4 bedroom windows and an en suite from Ecostar in March 2019. They were installed on the 25th of June 2019.

Windows are excellent. They are fabulous. Exactly what Jared told us they would be. Where we have done the windows it has made a massive change to the temperature. It can be pretty cold in Healesville but it has made it a lot better. We used to get lots of condensation on the inside of our windows. So much that I used to wipe them up every morning. Now there is no condensation.

The installers Mike and Dave were fabulous. Honestly, they were like a little organized team. They knew exactly what each other were doing and followed each other around. Drank too much coffee though. Dave likes his coffee white with a sugar and Mike black coffee. They got here on time and they left at 4pm. They cleaned up. I can be a bit anal like that, but they cleaned up and it was fantastic.

Dealings with the office were good.

Today we are finishing off our house and ordering everything else in our house.

Jared has a good product knowledge. Jared sold it for what it is. So often people sell you stuff which is just not right. It does what we were told. Since ordering we have learned friends also have Ecostar windows.

Our electrican with his old windows in winter with his heater blaring only got to 21 degrees. With his ecostar windows he told me with the same heater and the same amount of wood it gets to 26 / 27 degrees.

Upgrade the 1970s to 21st Century

I purchased my first home. Beautifully renovated inside but they hadn't done anything to the windows. They are wafer thing and mission brown from the 70s. I want an energy efficient home and getting solar power is important to me. I've lived in London and understand what double glazing can do for keeping warmth in and cold out. For me it was about finding the right company that had the credentials and the windows I was after. Which Ecostar definately did.

I was looking for a beautiful servery window for the kitchen that would allow for indoor outdoor entertaining and have a beautiful look both inside and outside.

The added bonus was the security factor and I love the ventilation feature.

I ordered a servery window from the kitchen, lounge room window, master and bathroom and have just had Jared back to order another bedroom window and the first ones aren't even installed yet.

Dealings with the office were great and the dealings with the surveyor were straight forward.

Jared was very friendly and professional and a joy to deal with. Someone once said 'it was a lot of fun spending this amount of money'. Not as fun when you have to start making the repayments, but anyway... I'm still happy.

Really happy with Ecostar so far, and can't wait to get my windows in. Would highly recommend them.

Ecostar needs to happen

Ecostar windows are fantastic. It should be a regulation for everyone to have double glazing. We saw Ecostar at Eastland shopping centre and I finally found out where to get these from. We saw these double glazing UPVC windows in Europe and know the quality. In England and Germany it is too hot in the homes because they are well insulated.

The representatives are happy to spend the time explaining the quality and do the measurements and answer any questions. Explaining any detail in the most efficient way for making it affordable.

Jared spent an extraordinary amount of time explaining every detail of the function, the cost, the efficiency of this product and we were very happy with his service.

Neat and clean

We had all our main windows replaced on our first floor appointment in April. They look the same as the other windows in the block so meet the body corporate standards. Instead of the rotting wood we have clean white uPVC frames.
We are on a busy road and they have cut down the noise and we get more sleep. The thermal control is good and we don’t need the heater as high or all day as we did prior to the installation. So our electricity bills have reduced.
The instillation was quick the installers were excellent and cleaned up after themselves. We are very happy with the windows and the service.

high-quality products with lots of long term benefits

Ecostar double-glazed doors and windows are of high-quality and maintenance-free product. Best product when you need to update home windows/doors providing extra comfort and security. The fire-resistant uPVC frames is definitely a winner!

Great product

I bought 2 windows for a north facing room and was so happy with them that I bought another on the same wall. They’re so good that I intend to save up for more windows in the future

Store LocationHome visit from a sales assistant

Maintenance Free

No more painting your windows frame as no up keep is necessary.
Amazing security
Maintenance free product which allows for your home to be warmer in winter and cooler in summer