75% · 29187 · 22%
3.5

Tony Dredge
Tony DredgeKew East Victoria2 posts

Double glazed windows

Great quality windows that have transformed our kitchen living rooms the install personnel did a terrific high quality job would highly recommend regards Tony Kew East! Show details
Melbournian Residents
Melbournian ResidentsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC
  • +5Thumbnail
Theresa and Rob
Theresa and RobGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I would recommend them

We heard about Ecostar from them reaching out to us asking if we wanted a quote. We started with a sliding door out the back and a new front door.

We were interested in thermal efficiency. It's definitely an improvement. What they said the product did, it does. The locks and the glazing works.

The installers were quick, efficient and they cleaned up.

I like the look.

No issues since they've been put in 18 months ago.
Today we are getting the rest of the house done with Jared. Show details

Larissa Wakeley
Larissa Wakeley2 posts
Lars
LarsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC4 posts

Excellent from start to finish!

Sales, delivery and installation were excellent. Jamie and Marty installed the job and were both excellent workers who took pride in what they did. Fantastic experience all round. Show details
Cameron
CameronGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good product, terrible installation

In 2022 Ecostar replaced two small windows (500x840) in our bedroom. In removing the existing windows, the installers damaged the plaster around both windows. Because the damage was covered by wallpaper, it was not obvious. However, over time the wallpaper over the damaged plaster has deformed and is now easily seen. An Ecostar representative has visited and torn off some of the wallpaper to expose the problem (see photo). He stated that because we didn't report the problem within the first 30 days after installation, it is not covered by the guarantee. He asked me to sign a form stating that the damage was pre-existing (which I refused to do). I would be very careful buying anything from Ecostar. Show details
RoK
RoK2 posts

Fully recommend

Ecostar have a great product manufactured in the UK. We got few doors installed couple of years ago and had no doubts when we wanted to change the windows. Double glazing in Melbourne is a must as it saves on energy bills and reduces sound pollution. Great customer service too. Fully recommend. Show details
Peter C.
Peter C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts

11 out of 10

Just removed and reinstall 4 sets of doors and windows. The quality of the product is second to none. Furthermore we cannot believe the fit and finish. Exceptional down to the last detail. The fitters who also came for the install were both exceptional in their professionalism and workmanship Show details
Anna V
Anna V
Job Satisfaction
Henry
HenryGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very Happy with the product and the service and dealing with the company

We ordered as we could afford. We started with the back of the house. We started about 10 years ago. Then we did the front of the house in 2018 with Jared.

On a hot day if you touch the glass outside you can barely touch it due to the heat. Inside it's cold.

On 30 degrees days. No Problems. It doesn't heat up. We did it for insulation.

The noise reduction has been significant. It's like being wrapped in cotton wool. Everything is much more quiet. I don't hear the rain anymore.

When they installed the back windows they were great. At the front the brackets changed but Ecostar came out and matched them.

We'd had issues which Ecostar have come out and tried to fixed.

Retractable flyscreens have been good.

Tim Kervin
Tim KervinGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very Happy with the product and the service and dealing with the company

For me, it's about the insulating properties. We're right on the trainway line and you don't hear the trains at all. I've done all the house other than the front door. I've done it in two stages. My most recent order was with Jared in January of 2020.

The installers were very straight forward and pain free. Ecostar handled the whole lot.

Dealings with the office = quite happy. No complaints.
The windows look very good.
Previously it was a bit patchwork. I like how they are now all white and don't need painting.

Today I'm looking at finishing off my house with the front door.

The flyscreens are good. I have the retractable kind so when you're not using them you don't have to look at them.

Annoyed
AnnoyedGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

The Richards
The RichardsCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Huge regret

Writing this at 11.45pm with a house full of mosquitos and bugs after battling flies all day. After a 34 degree day would be nice to be able to have the windows open for air but it’s impossible as they dont come with flyscreens. Something we weren't told in the sales campaign. The surrounds outside have had to be fixed twice as they all buckled and started coming off. In the sales pitch i asked if they came with child locks and was assured they did, they dont. A small clip on the side that my 3 yr old worked out after seeing it done once. With 2 small children in the house they aren’t safe at all.
We couldnt be more dissatisfied, Massive waste of $30,000. We are using APS for the rest of the house. Show details
Karen
Karen
Andrew C.
Andrew C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Over a month and we're still waiting for our deposit to be returned

It's a shame because the product Ecostar is selling is excellent. The quality of the sales pitch and information is very good, too. Unfortunately, we had to cancel an order due to an issue with ZIP money. A month later, and we're still waiting for several thousand dollars of deposit to be returned to us. Sadly, Ecostar is very good at taking the money but not so good at returning it if things go wrong. I can't recommend them. Show details

Peter

We have Ecostar windows plus front and rear doors. The rear door can no longer be locked (when the handle is lifted nothing happens suggesting either something has broken or become detached). If I open the door I can manually operate the locking mechanism but it no longer has any connection to the handle. The windows and doors were installed in August 2018. Is this covered either by warranty or the DBIA insurance? How do I go about having it repaired?

Ecostar Double Glazing   DM

Hello Peter, Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your door handle. Please send an email through to info@ecostardoubleglazing.com.au and they will be able to organise for a service engineer to come have a look at it for you.

Peter

A big “thank-you” to Ecostar for replacing the broken lock mechanism. Technicians arrived on time and were both polite and efficient. Very happy with the service provided.

Simon P.
Simon P.

Have had vacuum double glazing installed but now have sealant coming up past spacer which looks like waves, is this normal

Peter H
Peter H

I have 4x EcoStar double glazed windows installed. My only concern is the security as I can only lock when the window is fully closed; and if I just open a small gap, anyone from the outside can open it fully!
Am I missing something there or these windows are not supposed to be installed on ground floor?

Unlike my previous winding windows, at least you don't just open the windows without any tools from the outside?

Brett