Electrolux SilentPerformer

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (12) · No (8)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (3) · No (16)

Felix

FelixGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The joint between brush head & tube crack in less than 6 mths

Overall it is a good vacuum that do its job for both hard floor and carpet.

The wire is very long and the vacuum is light to carry around.

Just surprise that the quality of the parts are so bad that it crack in less than 6 mths.

The wheel is also very bad as I struggle to move it around instead of following me smoothly like the Nilfisk I own previously.

Got a replacement parts after contacting the Warranty department. The replacement arrived within a few days which is fast based on current COVID situation.
The component seem to be a bad design when I compare with my older vacuum which lack of that extra click which I believe will break again soon.

Purchased in September 2020 at The Good Guys for $299.00.

Empressbat

EmpressbatQueensland, 4304

Works well to pick up pet hair and dust and is easy to empty and clean - quiet but not silent

Purchased in January 2021 at The Good Guys Online store for $349.00.

Ashok H.

Ashok H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible Product. Don't buy !

There isn't anything silent about this vacuum except in the name. Nozzle jumps like a frog when cleaning and broke exactly after warranty expired. Cant even replace nozzle as it is discontinued and I just have to throw the vacuum away. Worst ever vacuum.

Purchased in October 2018 at Costco.

Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Electrolux SilentPerformer compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Terrible - (And dont buy from Godfreys)

This machine only worked properly for the first few times. It seemed to clog easily - manually having to clean out each of the many cylinders each time. Then it stopped working. (It seemed to overheat like a hairdryer). Because of the pandemic, Godfreys wouldn't fix, exchange, refund. I had to buy a new machine and now I'm stuck. Save your money

Purchased in June 2020 at Godfreys Online Store for $250.00.

annoyedwithoptus

annoyedwithoptusSydney, NSW

NOT silent. Sucks good, until it breaks down. Warranty is FAKE.

I do not know why they call this silent, it's actually as loud as any other vacuum cleaner. It does suck well. However, motor breaks down at 10 months. Warranty claim was refused. Said it was due to poor maintenance of filters. They expect you to clear the filter after each use or else warranty is void. Basically, they could use this clause on anything. They could even refuse your claim if the motor breaks down on the very first use.

Purchased in January 2020 for $280.00.

Stu

StuSydney, NSW

Economical vacuum cleaner with minimal quality accessories

This Electrolux vacuum cleaner was ideal for our budget as a spare machine at home. The 3-1 in-one-tool I found wasn't as effective as individual tools. Poorly designed 3-1 accessory and difficult to use. Compatible replacement bags are hard to find at local suppliers. Had to buy from Electrolux website. The tube to vacuum is very thin plastic and can kink when changing directions. The rear roller wheels are small so they won't roll easily over power cord. Hence you have to bend down and lift vacuum off cord when changing direction. Overall good suction. The retractable power cord mechanism could be more powerful preferably. Good length of power cord.

Mike W.

Mike W.South East Queensland, QLD

A welcome change from Dyson!

Purchased in June 2020 at The Good Guys for $299.00.

Kevin

KevinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst product I have ever purchased!

Worst product I have ever purchased and Electrolux customer care was woeful! Good guys reused to replace it and made me call Electrolux myself to try and get resolution which was a waste of time too. They absolutely didn't care at all.... Be warned and don't buy Electrolux anything!

UniqueVirgoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good little vacuum

Use this little vacuum on carpets to collect pet hair.
Does a fantastic job, and I love it's filter system.

Only down side is that the canister fills too quick and the internal filters also need regular washing otherwise it stops working.
Oh and the clips on the poles are plastic and easy to break.

Purchased in November 2017 at Evans Clarke Bidding Online for $230.00.

Anna

AnnaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent vacuum

We love our Electrolux cleaner - it has awesome controlled suction for different floor types (we have wood, carpet, tile and Lino surfaces), cleans our stubborn cat’s hair in no time with a turbo head, has a head that goes under our large couch and so on. Take note of the manual and clean all the filters (there are more than 1!) regularly to ensure it works properly.

Purchased in July 2018.

RobynS

RobynSNSW, 2582

This is nowhere near silent

Purchased in November 2017 at Yass Electricals for $299.00.

Electrolux
ELECTROLUX ..Electrolux
Tutaì J.

Tutaì J.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best invest in a expensive vacuum

Had this vacuum for only a week & already it overheats and stops working for long periods. On top of that it doesn’t clean my carpet as good as my old one (German).

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys Online store for $230.00.

Product is usedWeekly
Jeff

JeffEyre Peninsula, SA

Excellent Vacuum cleaner

For the price this is a very well performing vacuum. It is extra quiet and lifts dirt very well. We have used ours now for about 15 months and never had any issues with it. Very good all round vacuum.

Purchased in September 2018 at Betta Home Living for $299.00.

Started off great...

Started off as a great unit, I think I have had it a year now and suction is not what it was...I got this after a Hoover I had at 14 months old had the filter come off and block the suction. I am starting to think this is doing the same. How can I get a good vacuum that isn't going to cost me an arm and leg and work for more than a year or two...!

Purchased in December 2018 at Betta Home Living for $249.00.

Impressive!

Bought this vacuum today and OMG! I had the house cleaned last week but still managed to get 3 bags full of pet hair off the carpeted area in the living room. Great suction even at minimum and needs no effort to push around. Other reviews have mentioned short cord, didnt find that an issue. Happy with it, lets hope it continues to please.

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for $249.00.

Pip

PipSouth Australia

Neither Quiet nor Good Performer

Purchased in July 2018 for $199.00.

Kate

KateRedbank Plains

So impressed with my vacuum!

I bought this as it was an affordable vacuum. I wasn't expecting it to be great, however the power in this vacuum has me so impressed. It's quiet enough that I can vacuum when the baby is asleep which is perfect. Filter is easy to clean, and it packs away well for storage.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $200.00.

Enelia

EneliaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Awesome Product

We bought Electrolux Silent Performer Green Barrel Vacuum and we really like it. It does an amazing job because when we just moved in, after 2 days we used the vacuum to clean the place and we got a lot of dirt, which we thought we shouldn't have since we just moved in and for sure the place was cleaned properly.

Purchased in May 2019 for $249.00.

Steven A.

Steven A.South East Queensland, QLD

Very quiet

On hard floors works well. On carpets it’s good enough for what you need. Would possibly help having a motorised brush head. Have to turn the power to minimum for doing rugs. So quiet compared to others, you can even have a conversation whilst using.

Purchased in June 2019 at Joyce Mayne for $188.00.

Love it it's awesome

This is the most powerful vacuum I've ever had, and am completely happy with it. Could not believe what it picked up. Easy to empty, easy to use, long cord etc. At such a reasonable price you can't go wrong.

Purchased in February 2019 at Appliances Online for $288.00.