Electrolux SilentPerformer

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

• Product is used
    • Several times a week (6)
    • Weekly (3)
    • Daily (2)
    • Monthly (1)
  • Pet OwnerYes (8) · No (5)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (2) · No (10)
Kevin

KevinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst product I have ever purchased!

Worst product I have ever purchased and Electrolux customer care was woeful! Good guys reused to replace it and made me call Electrolux myself to try and get resolution which was a waste of time too. They absolutely didn't care at all.... Be warned and don't buy Electrolux anything!

UniqueVirgo

UniqueVirgoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good little vacuum

Use this little vacuum on carpets to collect pet hair.
Does a fantastic job, and I love it's filter system.

Only down side is that the canister fills too quick and the internal filters also need regular washing otherwise it stops working.
Oh and the clips on the poles are plastic and easy to break.

Purchased in November 2017 at Evans Clarke Bidding Online for $230.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum
Clogging Issues Yes

Anna

AnnaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent vacuum

We love our Electrolux cleaner - it has awesome controlled suction for different floor types (we have wood, carpet, tile and Lino surfaces), cleans our stubborn cat’s hair in no time with a turbo head, has a head that goes under our large couch and so on. Take note of the manual and clean all the filters (there are more than 1!) regularly to ensure it works properly.

Purchased in July 2018.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Electrolux SilentPerformer compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

RobynS

RobynSNSW, 2582

This is nowhere near silent

Purchased in November 2017 at Yass Electricals for $299.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Electrolux
ELECTROLUX ..Electrolux
Tutaì J.

Tutaì J.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best invest in a expensive vacuum

Had this vacuum for only a week & already it overheats and stops working for long periods. On top of that it doesn’t clean my carpet as good as my old one (German).

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys Online store for $230.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Jeff

JeffEyre Peninsula, SA

Excellent Vacuum cleaner

For the price this is a very well performing vacuum. It is extra quiet and lifts dirt very well. We have used ours now for about 15 months and never had any issues with it. Very good all round vacuum.

Purchased in September 2018 at Betta Home Living for $299.00.

Product is used Daily
Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

Started off great...

Started off as a great unit, I think I have had it a year now and suction is not what it was...I got this after a Hoover I had at 14 months old had the filter come off and block the suction. I am starting to think this is doing the same. How can I get a good vacuum that isn't going to cost me an arm and leg and work for more than a year or two...!

Purchased in December 2018 at Betta Home Living for $249.00.

Product is used Monthly

Impressive!

Bought this vacuum today and OMG! I had the house cleaned last week but still managed to get 3 bags full of pet hair off the carpeted area in the living room. Great suction even at minimum and needs no effort to push around. Other reviews have mentioned short cord, didnt find that an issue. Happy with it, lets hope it continues to please.

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for $249.00.

Pip

PipSouth Australia

Neither Quiet nor Good Performer

Purchased in July 2018 for $199.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Clogging Issues Yes

KateHRedbank Plains

So impressed with my vacuum!

I bought this as it was an affordable vacuum. I wasn't expecting it to be great, however the power in this vacuum has me so impressed. It's quiet enough that I can vacuum when the baby is asleep which is perfect. Filter is easy to clean, and it packs away well for storage.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $200.00.

Product is used Daily

EneliaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Awesome Product

We bought Electrolux Silent Performer Green Barrel Vacuum and we really like it. It does an amazing job because when we just moved in, after 2 days we used the vacuum to clean the place and we got a lot of dirt, which we thought we shouldn't have since we just moved in and for sure the place was cleaned properly.

Purchased in May 2019 for $249.00.

Steven A.South East Queensland, QLD

Very quiet

On hard floors works well. On carpets it’s good enough for what you need. Would possibly help having a motorised brush head. Have to turn the power to minimum for doing rugs. So quiet compared to others, you can even have a conversation whilst using.

Purchased in June 2019 at Joyce Mayne for $188.00.

Love it it's awesome

This is the most powerful vacuum I've ever had, and am completely happy with it. Could not believe what it picked up. Easy to empty, easy to use, long cord etc. At such a reasonable price you can't go wrong.

Purchased in February 2019 at Appliances Online for $288.00.

CGT

CGTMelbourne

Cleans Well

This vacuum cleaner is very easy to use, durable and really does the job. It is very powerful, so if you've got so much dust at home and you really need to clean every day, this one's for you. However, it is quite noisy, bulky and heavy, so it is not really advisable for those who have two-floor houses. But overall, it does perform well and it's very easy to maintain.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Suchit jani

Suchit janiSydney

Not too silent for price to pay

Not too silent for price to pay, this Vac was really good performer till the warranty went on, Literally one day after the warranty finished harvey norman did not want to respond us. First thing they told when we called was to ask us how we have cleaned machine, they asked us to bring machine to store , upon bringing the machine to store. Store always found something wrong with how we have maintained the machine but never bothered to helps us professionally clean the machine. Machine is still the same noisy, low on the suction and unable to perform.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

NEIL ROBERTSON

NEIL ROBERTSONSydney

Impressed

I purchased this vacuum from The Good Guys and they were flexible on price and the sales person was across the aspects of the model. I have been impressed with its performance. I have only previously owned Dyson's and this vacuum is out performing the Dyson for suction and cleaning for the price. Highly recommend

Date PurchasedDec 2018
DAZ

DAZWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Great vacuum minor issues.

Owned for 10 months now. This vacuum is probably the best vacuum I have ever used or had. It has extreme carpet lifting suction. Only two gripes. The lead is short, you have to move room to room. If only it was even just one metre longer. The other issue is the rear(final filter), it is washable but the two layers of filter come apart after first wash so will need to replace after maybe 6 months if you have messy kids and animals with finer dust. It does benefit from a good wipe out and all filter wash after maybe every third fill especially if a lot of finer dust in the place. Overall great vacuum though.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Anjella

AnjellaSouthwest, VIC

Huge suckage! Not so huge silence!

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Yehudi

YehudiBAANDEE

Artifact

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Nickname

NicknameVictoria

Lives up to its name

This is a very good vacuum cleaner that picks up long haired cat fur because of its very good suction. It is much quieter than other vacuum cleaners I've used and the best feature is that it does not frighten the cat! I recommend this vacuum cleaner to pet owners.

Date PurchasedSep 2015