Listing monitored by Elgas

• Rates and Fees

Absolutely Frustrating company with no service accountability

I moved into a property two years ago that had 2 ELGAS bottles left from the previous owner. I have for the last 18 months been trying to get Elgas to pick them up, plenty off phone calls and emails to them and promised a day when they would be removed but still there , I even put them at the gate for easy collection.I live in a bush fire zone area and have now been told to move them back in to a safe area on my property.I wonder if I sent them a storage bill for looking after them for the last two years if that would make them open there eyes.

michael2499
michael2499Northern Region, NSW

Ripped off!

I just got charged $166 for a bottle of gas! I use it for cooking, the last one I bought was $130 or so and I felt as though I was being ripped off that time. That's a rip off!!! I feel so sad. I am going to try and find an alternate use of energy like solar.

Rates and Fees

Terrible terrible terrible

4 days with no gas, called 6 times and no call back. Cancelled a family get together as couldn’t cook for the weekend. Possibly the worst service that we have ever experienced.

Problem?

Ordered 45k tank 24/10/21.arrived 26th. On 12/11/21 noticed red button. Empty after 2 weeks and 5 days? . Rang asking could someone check tanks, this has never happened in decades ordering gas. Was told not enough drivers, off sick. Ring back next week and she'll go from there. That's not helping me now. I've turned gas tank over but I should have had 2 full tanks. At $148 A tank needing to order another in 2 weeks 5 days to me is a problem that needs sorting by Elgas.

dgillett290
dgillett290Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Elgas Extortionate Prices ripping us off!!

Sydney
SydneySydney, NSW

Customer service is rude

Call them first time as i have just moved to a new house and never use 45kg cylinder gas previously. The customer service named Sarah is very rude. The next day i called, luckily someone else pick up the phone and the day after i finally got my new gas arrived.

Stephen
StephenSouthwest, VIC

No service, lots of charges.

I use one bottle a year and still pay $72.00 a year 'Service Charge'. This year the bottle price has risen to $160.60 and I suppose plus GST and some other charge. (Last year $118.00 all up) That's at least $240.00 per year for one gas bottle. I said, some people use many bottles a year and only pay $72.00 what about a discount? NO! Well can I get some 'service' please, like bring in the new bottle, and disconnect and connect the bottles when you come. Oh we do that! Not for the past five years you haven't! Well can you 'service' the connections then please? No that's your responsibility. So I pay heaps just for the gas and get absolutely NO SERVICE. Are Elgas responsible for anything? Not happy!

Customer SupportElgas

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
FrankW
FrankWSydney Surrounds, NSW

No problems

Ordered 2 cylinders Monday lunchtime and received them this morning (Wednesday). The delivering guy mentioned he's been doing it for 12 years. People don't work that long for bad companies!

Vanessa S
Vanessa S

Promises never kept

All I wanted was my LPG cylinders replaced, because I can't cook without them. ELGas promised to deliver on thursday, Friday, and monday, and didn't. Monday was 10 days without gas, which is all my ability to cook for my children gone for 10 days.

Mick
MickHunter Region, NSW

Price too high

I was about to order a 45kg cylinder, but decided I would compare prices (Supagas) $110
Elgas $188. Huge difference. Guess where I will be getting it from in the future

Rates and Fees
AndrewR
AndrewR

Really disappointing

Booked as new customer and still no gas bottles after almost a week, very very poor effort! Rang Supagas and got bottles the very next day, I recommend going with Supagas.

LTMSydney Surrounds, NSW

Overpriced, poor customer service

Rang (West Gosford) to cancel our account & have two empty gas bottles removed. Ten days later, still waiting for the bottles to be collected. Typical of the service we have recieved from Elgas over the years. Will never use them again & will be surprised if they are still in business in five years time - they used to have a monopoly, but thankfully there are other providers around now.

LTM

And despite the Elgas PR person replying to this review & sending me an email claiming they "hoped to turn this experience around" the empty gas bottles have STILL NOT BEEN COLLECTED.

Find out how Elgas compares to other Energy Providers

Very poor service, nothing but lies. Don't care about their customers period!

Customer SupportElgas

Can no longer deliver to me

I have had Elgas delivering bottled gas to my address for 16 years, 2 years ago had problems with a new larger truck and "new regulations" accessing my driveway, but they could deliver in their ute. Ok for two years, now I just went to reorder and they have stopped the ute delivery. The person I spoke to just said to find another supplier. So I am!

Tony M.
Tony M.South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible customer service

They said they had delivered 2 cylinders and charged us for 2 but only delivered 1. They took days to deliver even with a premmie baby in the house, which we told them about. Then when we called they argued the point and could not provide proof that they had delivered 2 cylinders and told us to take their word for it. The customer service was terrible over the phone, not getting back to us when they said and absolutely no follow up . I do not recommend this company

Jill G.
Jill G.asked

I’m told that being a pensioner we can get a rebate on gas according to Services NSW

Hi Jill,

Thank you for the enquiry. In regards to government rebate please refer to government website in order to claim the gas rebate.

Kind regards,

Natasha
Natashaasked

Had two bottles delivered in December, fir the house but now have a invoice for $94.60 for January when I've had a look on my online account its got Fac $94.60 what does this mean ? Why am I being charged for January and I didnt order anything in January

Hi Natasha,

Sincere apologies for this - I have just sent you a direct message to get some more information so we can investigate further.

Kind regards,

Aliciaasked

Is it common that Elgas are taking the full bottle rather than the empty bottle when people are reordering?

Dhaval P.
Dhaval P.

Yes they are..

Alicia

They just told me it’s very obvious by weight an empty vs full. However I have 2 empty bottles and got a new bottle delivered in April. You do the math Elgas!

Julie D.
Julie D.

Ordered a 45kg gas cylinder to be delivered today as empty last night..no heating
Phoned prior to closing to ask what time is delivery, to be told that I am on tomorrow list for delivery..imagine if I had to cook, shower and put heating on, it's freezing and we are in lock down in Broken Hill, I have health issues..looks like to bed early, as I have electricity..why do we get serviced by a Victorian business..not happy and very cold
Oh they could have arranged an emergency delivery for extra charges, yet it was before 5pm my time

Get an answer from our members and Elgas representatives

CategoryEnergy Providers