• Rates and Fees

sadmushroom

sadmushroomSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Rude drop off/pick up guy

Peta

PetaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Rude person

After getting rid of elgas
Last year i am still stuck
with the bottle i rang to arrange pick up and was told to dump on nature strip
What a disgrace this company is as is the woman who answers their phone at woodend

John G.

John G.South East Queensland, QLD

Left in the lurch -

Daniel B.

Daniel B.Sydney, NSW

rip off

been with elgas about 5 years and lately every time i order gas its gone up in price well today i found a different supplier with a much better price cya elga$...

Suzy

SuzyPilbara, WA

Would give zero stars if possible

UPDATE I complained on their site and got a call from a lovely woman who resolved the situation. I suppose bad service can happen anywhere but they seem very keen to keep their good name and resolve things.

Fradulent, deceptive salespeople. Gave me price on gas bottle and delivered promptly. Then out of nowhere an 'annual service fee' arrives... what is this? I called them, it's for 'servicing and maintenance' do you mean screwing the bottle in? Nearly $100? I need to know who to call to cancel this and tell them to take their bottles away. Loads of similar stories when I posted on FB. Seems they've been making money doing this for a while. Disgusting.

Zanbee

ZanbeeNew South Wales

NOT COMPETITIVE AS CLAIMED

In November 2019 an annual service charge per bottle was introduced. This added $33 To the price of each bottle that year. We have not used as much gas as we expected & are about to be charged the annual service fee on each bottle again with no 'service' for the fee. No wonder Elgas recommends that people always have 2 bottles on hand, extra money for nothing. Since the change of the local agents being called directly, with all calls to 131161 there has been a substantial decrease in service. Don't recommend Elgas & will be going to all electric as it is cheaper.

Katie

KatieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bloody appalling we'd say

Ryan Hutchins

Ryan HutchinsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Didn't deliver gas on time, didn't do after hours, leak existed that they refused to acknolwedge

Had gas through them, they missed a delivery window, didn't ring back any other day. When I had time to call on the weekend they said they don't do non-standard deliveries.

On monday they said we would have to pay an emergency fee to have same day delivery despite the delivery being over 5 days late.

There was a gas leakage through the main fitting that was never checked or tightened by them, and they refused to admit there was a problem despite going through a bottle every 3 weeks.

Horrible company with dangerous practices.

Sue T

Sue TSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible company do not deal with them

rude customer service, don't care if you mark a gas delivery as urgent they will take over a week to deliver. And they change delivery days by 3 days or more and don't bother to tell you. $30 more expensive per bottle than competitors and competitors deliver in 2 days.

Noble comms

Noble commsQueensland

Will charge an annual fee for nothing

Spring Blossoms

Spring BlossomsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I've found Elgas to be really great and reliable.

I just had two Elgas guys come and change my old Gas tanks in Warburton, which they swap every 10-15 years.
I was pre communicated to that they were coming, which I requested, so I knew they were coming.
They really did an excellent job, trying to get the tanks up the big steep driveway.
Really great attitude, both of them, and hardworking! They deserve a big raise! I wanted to include photos.
I'm. Always really impressed with Elgas service, including the returned phone enquiry service!
Thank you.

David C.Elgas

Price rip-off on long term customers

I've been a rural Elgas bottled gas customer for 17 years.
I've just discovered Elgas' interpretation of "Valued Customer" is about how much "Value" they can squeeze from a "Customer" rather than how much they appreciated my patronage.
I've recently accepted a per litre gas price by a local supplier that's half that charged by Elgas.
In my case this translates to a saving of around $600 per year.
Check your bill and shop around !

Dhaval P.Sydney, NSW

Cheaters ..

one of my gas bottle was empty and I requested them to refill in june and no one came and pressurized me for payment. they charged me 129$ including late payment 11$ for gas bottle that was never deliver to me . i called them and they said they will check with delivery driver and will update me which was never done and now my both bottles are empty and and they says they cant do any thing...very bed customer service and cheaters..

Disgusting customer service , taking money from account 300$ without warning

These people are horrible !!!! The Tamworth branch, discusting customer service , stole money from my account 300$ , with no warning , no email NOTHING , I WOULD NOT recommend elgas to my worst enemy !! Took whole gas bottle from my house after i moved , with no reimbursements!! Compleate liars , dont know how they sleep at night ..

Absolutely pathetic

Waited patiently 6 days without gas for hot water or heating or cooking via Cook top and not an ounce of regard by Elgas even though we had already paid. Will never be using this company again.

Find out how Elgas compares to other Energy Providers

Elgas is the most disgusting company

After being a customer of 7 years suddenly my gas was not being delivered. When I questioned I was told that it was not safe fir the delivery man (in other words was too lazy to) so I was told an emergency bottle was dropped off (it wasn’t) abs I have elderly at rush people living on the property. Was told there would be a site visit from managers. This did happen but never heard from them even after trying to get hold of them. Finally after a rude email I sent they came back saying they can’t deliver gas to me (after being a customer of 7 years). I’ve now run out of gas abs have at risk elderly living with me. Utterly disgusted

David C.Elgas

Left to freeze in winter

hatepoorservice
hatepoorservice

I replied to you 2 days ago and have been ignored.

JanBrisbane

Unreliable

Jan

It's unacceptable that you don't care enough to ensure we have hot water, especially in winter. It's too late to make it right. We have cancelled our service with Elgas.

Louise

LouiseSydney

Stolen gas!!!

Twice now they have removed & replaced the bottle we are still using instead of taking the empty one not in use! The first time I complained they were rude to me and said it was a contractor and out of their hands. My husband will call this time and I am hoping they will listen to him. We still had half a bottle left!!! Will be taking this further now as this seems very dodgy indeed. I do not trust these people at all!

Seriously Frustrated

Aliciaasked

Is it common that Elgas are taking the full bottle rather than the empty bottle when people are reordering?

Yes they are..

Alicia

They just told me it’s very obvious by weight an empty vs full. However I have 2 empty bottles and got a new bottle delivered in April. You do the math Elgas!

Peter d54asked

Is it true that changeover bottles are not filled completely?

Jonathan L.
Jonathan L.

I’ve heard the same thing, I do know you got to watch them as they like to charge you for 2 bottles

Michael M
Michael M

Peter, I cannot answer your question as exchange 45kg cylinders are filled by weight.
My only suggestion would be to pour boiling water slowly over a "Full" cylinder and then feel the difference in temperature of the cylinder. The steel will be cooler at the liquid gas level and warmer at the vapor level.
This would give you an idea if done on a few "Full" cylinders and can be used as an indication of how much liquid gas remaining in a cylinder. Regards, MM

Peter d54

If that’s true it would suggest that they are filled until the scale reads a certain weight and then the filling process is stopped. I find that if I get mine refilled at a filling station they are heavier. So that is why for the same price you get more gas when you have them refilled while you watch. Would this then be the same with large bottles at home. Should I have them refilled by a tanker instead of getting a replacement? Only problem there is I have to rent 2 bottles which then costs more.

Linda G

Linda Gasked

Do i have to pay up front for my gas?

Dear Linda G,
Depending on your account set up yes, upfront payment may be required. For the best answer for your personal situation it is best to call 131 161 and you will be connected to your local branch.
Kind regards,
Elgas

Get an answer from our members and Elgas representatives

CategoryEnergy Providers