VerifiedMPN:EE-HWS-A1-270E

4.4

Margaret
MargaretGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts

Great hot water system!

We switched from gas hot water to a heat pump four months ago. It coped well when we had guests staying, and the boost function in the app is always an option if the unit runs low. One negative is that I had to reset the time and date manually at the unit's control panel after a power outage recently. On the positive side, I have used the app to set the daily start-up time to be when our solar panels are generating power. Overall, we are very pleased with the unit. Show details
Overall
Noise Level
Lhan2 posts

Worth every dollar

Hot water delivery time is faster than the gas type we used to have and the boost function is awesome! Show details
Garfield13
Garfield13Sydney5 posts
  Verified EE-HWS-A1-270E

Overall satisfied with the heater

Had problems connecting through my phone, but solved by getting a new control panel.
We have had some days with very tepid water and days with water too hot. Show details ·  1
Vinay
VinayMount Waverley4 posts
  Verified EE-HWS-A1-270E

Excellent heat pump with very low noise. We are very happy with the product. Show details ·  1
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed
Wal28
Wal28Gippsland, VIC2 posts
  EE-HWS-A1-270E

Smart actions

Very efficient, but how do I delete the smart actions which I have put on? Show details ·  1
Tony
TonyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts
  Verified EE-HWS-A1-270E

So far the performance has been good and very easy to use. The app is also very informative. Show details ·  1
Sunil A.
Sunil A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Satisfied Customer

Delivery was in line with what was described in sales documents. Show details ·  1
Jeff T.
Jeff T.2 posts
  Verified EE-HWS-A1-270E

New electrical heat pump replacing gas unit

Installers were quick and professional. Unit fitted perfectly into place where old gas unit was. Hot water working fine with no issues with demand or temperature and we love the wifi control, especially being able to turn off system when we go on holidays. But software needs upgrading as wifi does not reconnect automatically after outages with nbn...a real pain to go through wifi reset after every nbn outage which happens frequently in our area. Show details ·  2
John L.
John L.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC3 posts
  EE-HWS-A1-270E

Emerald 270 liter hot water heat pump

Installation went smoothly with no issues. There is only two of us in the house so no problems with sufficient hot water. I like the idea of being able to switch the unit off and on remotely when we are away for extended periods. The water temperature is set at 60 degrees- I would like to set it a little higher say about 65 but the app doesn’t allow it. Also, would like the unit to come on during the day when our roof top solar is generating electricity rather than night. So far we have had for three months and particularly impressed with the efficiency of the unit. It is also very quiet- you wouldn’t know it was operating unless you were beside it. Show details ·  1
Madhava
MadhavaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC
  Verified EE-HWS-A1-270E

Very happy with the heat pump

We have had the heat pump for about 1.5 months. So far, the system is working very well. I received my first electricity bill after the installation and found that there was hardly any cost. The water temperature has been good and the pressure is also good. The only issue I have is with the app. The app always seems to lose contact with the pump. I am also happy that I am doing my bit for our environment. Show details ·  1
Ian H.2 posts

Very pleased sofar

Works efficiently and effectively.
Quiet, and App gives good control on start time and end time to maximise solar use.
Able to sw ok switch off when away for a period of time.
Very pleased indeed Show details ·  1
Wayne M.
Wayne M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Generally happy

I was happy with the installation and the heat pump itself but disappointed with the App. Is generally unreliable and you cannot change the temperature of the water remotely. I reccomend getting other quotes to ensure you are getting a good price Show details ·  1
Tanya
TanyaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great product, great service

great smooth installation, cleaned after them and removed existing gas with ease and not issues. The system is quiet and temperature of water is at a perfect setting. It's great to be able to control the water system from your phone device simply via their app. Show details ·  1
Warren T.
Warren T.
  Verified EE-HWS-A1-270E

Happy with new heat pump hot water service

The unit has never missed a beat. We have never run out of hot water. Show details ·  1
Steve L.
Steve L.
  Verified EE-HWS-A1-270E

My first month review/experience for the product

A few bad reviews online about this product before I bought this product. Use the new heat pump for 1 month, still very positive about my purchase including the wifi remote alteration and connection. Also availability of manually digital adjustment of the temperature of water in the tank which to me is very important to save energy/electricity and prevent early aging of the machine. The first month of using the heat pump remain positive. Show details ·  1

philipjones95
philipjones95 · All-in-One Heat Pump 270L EE-HWS-A1-270E

Does the fan on the Emerald 270L's water heat pump run continuously. Had mine installed today and after 5hours the fan is still running. It's quite noisy at night. I was told by the person that installed the unit the fan stop after water heats up. Like a gas unit.

David M.
David M.

No it doesn't. I needs to run when it is heating up.

Errol
Errol · All-in-One Heat Pump 270L EE-HWS-A1-270E

What is the cost of regular heat pump maintenance to maintain manufacturers warranty if done every 6 months as prescribed. This all adds to the cost and eventually the heating compatibility of the Unit

Emerald Energy
Emerald Energy   DM
Gabriel
Gabriel · All-in-One Heat Pump 270L EE-HWS-A1-270E

How many simultaneous showers can be had in a family of 4 with the 270E? Generally with instant boost (gas) only one can shower with good water flow and heat. Any other showers or taps direct heat away / lessens the heat.

No idea sorry

Frustrated
Frustrated

4 showers in a row No problem

Emerald Energy
Emerald Energy   DM

Compare all Emerald Energy All-in-One Heat Pump listings
CategoryElectric Hot Water Storage SystemsElectric Hot Water Storage SystemsElectric Hot Water Storage SystemsElectric Hot Water Storage Systems
TypeStorageStorageStorageStorage
Capacity270.00L270.00L220.00L220.00L
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Warranty Details5 years warranty on the tank, 5 years pump unit, 2 years labour warranty5 years warranty on the tank, 5 years pump unit, 2 years labour warranty5 years warranty on the tank, 5 years pump unit, 2 years labour warranty5 years warranty on the tank, 5 years pump unit, 2 years labour warranty
  • MPN: EE-HWS-A1-270E