Everdure by Heston Blumenthal FORCE

Everdure by Heston Blumenthal FORCE

HBG2G (Black), HBG2M (Blue), HBG2O (Orange), HBG2R (Red) and HBG2S (Silver)

Love it already

I bought my Force two days ago and it has satisfied my expectations. This is my first BBQ.

It was very easy to put together and extremely easy to clean. Gets hot very quickly and doesn't seem to have any cold spots. I cooked some sausages and steaks last night on the grill plate, the steaks retained their juiciness and the sausages cooked much quicker than in a frying pan. The slight smokiness was great and I can't wait to try cooking with the hood down and adding some smoking chips.

The only possible revisions I could suggest to Everdure are to enlarge and rubberise the wheels so it moves over paving a little easier, and to enlarge the left servery which is just too small to hold anything useful.

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $699.00.

Even Heat DistributionYes
Hi there, thanks for your review ,its great to hear that you are happy with your Force purchase, we will pass your feedback on to our marketing team. The team at Everdure by Heston Blumenthal.

Total disappointment

I rarely publish poor reviews but have been so underwhelmed and disappointed since purchasing this BBQ from BBQ Galore in Camperdown that I have to share my experience to maybe save anyone else from going through the same problem.
I purchased the BBQ in dec 2018 and did not receive it until feb 2019 - 2 months after paying in full for it. The store and Everdure kept blaming each other for the mis-communication (I was told there would be a delay of a couple of weeks as the colour was popular so they were out of stock). I was having gas plumbed in and would not have to pay much extra to connect the BBQ if it was done at the same time. I allowed 1 month (even though I was told 2 weeks) for the delivery so it could be done when my gas was done. It took longer than 2 months to receive it so I had to pay an extra $171 to get a plumber out again when it finally arrived. I didn't publish a bad review then even though I was not happy with the delay but if it was a good product I would have just put it behind me.
I have only used it a couple of times since receiving it because it took so long to cook anything - I resorted to using my old BBQ (which was about 1/3 of the price). I finally decided to give it another go a couple of weeks ago and left it on at full power for 30minutes (with the lid down) and I could not get it hotter than 150ºC. That's when I realised there must be something wrong with it. I have registered the fault with Everdure a week ago but have had no response at all from them. Not sure if I have to wait another 2 months before a technician will even contact me.
I have given 2 stars because it looks good, is easy to clean compared to other BBQs and they delivered for free due to the extended delay, but for cooking it is terrible - I've had to go back to my old BBQ or take food inside to do on the stove or oven.

Purchased in December 2018.

Safety
Hi Ellen, Thanks for you review and sorry to hear of the issues you've had. We'll follow up with a private message to confirm who you spoke with, so a technician can be organised straight away. The FORCE is a very powerful unit, that with the hood closed can reach 200-300°C within the first 10 minutes of preheating, therefore the temperatures you are experiencing are very unusual - we will ensure this gets inspected and resolved for you. Kind Regards, The Everdure by Heston Blumenthal Team

Force bbq

Great bbq, we have a larger bbq but the Force heats up very quickly and is easy to use, it is kept under cover and look a treat. Great job Everdure, easy to keep clean and seems to still work well when it is windy

Purchased in December 2018.

Even Heat DistributionYes
Hi Greg, Thanks very much for your review and we're glad to hear you're getting the most of the FORCE! Kind Regards, The Everdure by Heston Blumenthal Team

GREAT BBQ - EXCEPT

After much deliberation and weeks of homework we finally settled on the Everdure.We were and still are not disappointed.It heats up quickly and we use it a lot.Although i do have a couple of issues.The first one is lack of space to put things either side of the BBQ,have a table close by as their is simply no where to put anything.The second one is amazingly on top of the BBQ their are cooking instructions,warnings and diagrams around the knobs to show you which side of the grill you are using and whether you are on half flame or full flame,all of these instructions are now gone , after less than one month,they simply just wipe off and with just water.Now its all a guessing game.I intend to make contact with Everdure as i have not done so as yet.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for $700.00.

Even Heat DistributionYes
Hi Warren, Thanks very much for your review - we'll send you a private message for your details, so our team can contact you about the instructions on the side. Kind Regards, The Everdure by Heston Blumenthal TeamUPDATE- I would like to thank Everdure for their prompt reply to both my email and review. Everdure have replaced the barbecue and as a result of me being unable to return the barbecue to Harvey Norman have offered to have the barbecue picked up and the new one delivered. I would like to say a big Thankyou to Everdure and their customer service team for their outstanding service. I now know I definitely made the right decision. We love our barbecue.

Great BBQ. Simple to use. Easy to clean.

Our previous BBQ was a Weber Spirit. The Everdure Force is easy to use and cook with and is easy to clean for this style of BBQ. We use our Force regularly for family meals. Unfortunately the coating on the surrounding deck has deteriorated. The decals have come off and the black powder coating has become dull and faded. We wash the cooking plates regularly after use and clean the exterior with soapy water. The BBQ is kept under its cover when not in use.

Purchased in March 2018 at Harvey Norman for $799.00.

Even Heat DistributionYes
Hi Lloyd, Thanks for your review and glad to hear you are finding the FORCE easy to use. We will send you a private message in regards to resolving the coating. Kind Regards, The Everdure by Heston Blumenthal Team

Great BBQ, first gas bbq I really enjoy cooking on.

Simply it’s the first gas BBQ I’ve used that gets hot enough to cook effectively and not just be a novelty item for cooking outside. Everything coming off this bbq has been a winner with friends and family.

The heat factor put it above the Weber q range and the design & build quality is better with the aluminium hood, and knob placement. It far exceeded the Ziegler’s I looked at with those dodgy clips holding your lid in place.

Cleaning isn’t bad, there’s nothing I enjoy cleaning but this is designed well, there’s nothing I’d suggest to change other than potentially 1cm more clearance between the burners and the bottom of the cook box to make it easier for my big hands. This is a very minor inconvenience though and something I could probably address with a few seconds thought.

One major word of warning if you buy the cleaning product (one was gifted to me free for claiming my $100 cash back offer).. it’ll probably get you hooked as it’s better than the other stuff I was using.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi John, Thanks for your review and we're glad to hear you're getting the most out of the FORCE! Please don't hesitate to let us know if there was anything else we could assist you with. Kind Regards, The Everdure by Heston Blumenthal Team

Look no further for a great bbq!

I bought this bbq based on the reviews here and the responses from customer service and I’m really glad I did.
It not only looks good but it works perfectly.
I used it for the first time today and everyone that came was impressed with its performance. I cooked 16 lamb loin chops on the grill plate and 18 sausages and 4 rissoles on the solid plate.
Followed the instructions about closing the lid initially until the barbecue got to temperature of 250° and then put the meat on to grill. It rendered the fat on the chops beautifully.
I would definitely recommend this barbecue especially if you’re considering a Weber which I was initially. This bbq has a much better design and is super easy to clean.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi Johnny, Thank you very much for your review, we're glad to hear you're enjoying the FORCE. Please don't hesitate to contact us if there was anything else we could help you with. Kind Regards, The Everdure by Heston Blumenthal Team

Steak to perfection

I love a BBQ, and I love a steak. After reading reviews I changed my mind from a Weber to the Force and I am happy. Steak with a beautiful char on the outside and rare in the middle. I have cooked chicken, chops, steak all to perfection. Easy to clean. Highly recommend.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi There, Thanks very much for your review and glad to hear you're enjoying the FORCE! Kind Regards, The Everdure by Heston Blumenthal Team

Felt like Master Chef-Love it cooks Steaks to Perfection!

Have to say this BBQ cooks evenly so used to different sections over heating and burning but not the Force the fact that it heats up with in seconds is another bonus and you can tell a professional chef was involved in it's cooking features as I'm pretty sure it cooks better than my cooktop inside the house. I would definitely refer this brand to anyone out there looking for a class act.
I can cook delicates like Prawns on one side while sausages are on the other side
So Easy to use clean and cook on very happy!
Love the fact it's on wheels comes with a lid and temperature gauge plus I bought the BBQ cover which goes all the way to the floor keeping it all clean and protected.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Hi There, Many thanks for your review and glad to hear you're getting the most out of the FORCE - Happy BBQ-ing! Kind Regards, The Everdure by Heston Blumenthal Team

Best performing BBQ I ever owned to date! with small aesthetic defect..

After doing my research I went into the shop wanting to buy a Weber Family Q yesterday afternoon.

While waiting to be served, a BBQ caught my attention due to the clean lines. It was an Everdure by Heston Force.

After seeing the product, feeling the built quality as well as doing some on the spot research, I felt confident Everdure by Heston Force tick all the boxes of Weber Family Q and more so purchased Everdure Force instead. The small premium is well worth it due to the built quality in my opinion. The metal bbq chassis and metal servery feels substantial and is superior to the plastic flaps on other products.

after getting Everdure Force home around 5 o’clock and putting it together (which was a breeze), everyone (4 of us) were seated and tucking into bbq lamb cutlets with salad and steamed veg by 7 due to the fast heating grill. Lamb cutlets had beautiful grill marks and didn’t stick at all and perfectly pink in the middle. Love it!

I am looking forward to trialing a few different recipes with Everdure Force when friends come over. I think they will be impressed with the built quality and the flavour the new kit can generate.

The only reason I haven’t given it a 5 Star is that while wiping down Everdure Force this morning, I noticed there were two areas on the top surface of bbq chassis, just before the folded left hand servery there were some blisters. All up around 10 sq cm of surface which should have been completely smooth, you can see and feel the blisters...

I am disappointed with this and wouldn’t have accepted the product had I noticed it on the spot. In fact I would have asked for a product swap had I not used it last night...

Make sure you check the product in well lit area/day light if you think this is going to annoy you....

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Andrew, Many thanks for your review - we'll send you a private message contacting you for your details to sort out the blistering for you. Kind Regards, The Everdure By Heston Blumenthal TeamAn update on my review. The customer care team at Everdure by Heston is fantastic! They contacted me promptly and addressed my concern. Everdure by Heston is a premium product backed by superior customer service. If you are looking for a 2 burner bbq, I would recommend Everdure Force.Hi Andrew - thank you very much for the update. Glad to hear it's all sorted for you and please don't hesitate to contact us if there was anything else. Happy BBQing! The Everdure by Heston Blumenthal Team

Brilliant Barbecue

This is perfect, has precise heat control and looks very stylish. Lights first time

This is a quality product.

I cooked a perfect roast pork on my first attempt.

Would certainly recommend.

We have also ordered the cover and roasting rack with our $100 voucher which came with the force.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Janbo, Thank you very much for your review and glad to hear you are enjoying the FORCE! If you had any other questions or were after more info on recipes, etc, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thanks again, The Everdure by Heston Blumenthal Team

This is amazing

This BBQ cooks the most amazing steak .We had friends over Christmas day and it cooked the most beautiful and most tasteful food .Will be recommending this to many of my friends .The BBQ is stored on my balcony and i consider it to be very safe and easily maintained .

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Rachel, Thanks very much for your review and glad to hear you're getting the most out of your FORCE BBQ! If you were ever after some more recipes for the FORCE, you can find them at www.everdurebyheston.com.au/recipes Kind Regards, The Everdure by Heston Blumenthal Team

Persevered, but still disappointed

We have persevered with our Heston Force BBQ for about a month now and even though there are things I like about it, at the moment there is more that I don't like. I really like the design as it's so easy to clean and I like the way it cooks our streak. However you advertise it as being able to cook with the lid up, but as yet we have not been able to do this. It's not hot enough with the lid up, even after trying to heat it up for quite some time. The other issue we have is trying to light it. The electronic lighting fails more times than it works and this has become extremely frustrating. I'm beginning to wish I didn't buy it and I'm now very close to wanting a refund unless Everdure can help us to get it working the way they have advertised it.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Sharon, We're sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with the FORCE, you should definitely be able to cook with the hood up however we still recommend preheating to 200°C with the hood down and all burners on high first to get a consistency of heat, which should not take very long at all to reach. We're not sure what you mean about the electronic lighting though, as the FORCE is a gas BBQ with no electric components. We'll send you a private message asking for your details, so we can have a member of the team get into contact so we can help you get the most out of your BBQ. Thanks, The Everdure by Heston Blumenthal TeamAn update to my review is that the customer care by Everdure was second to none. They contacted me promptly and arranged for someone to come out and check the BBQ. They did the necessary changes (the conversion kit for natural gas was faulty), and fixed it promptly.Hi Sharon, thanks very much for the update - hope you enjoy your FORCE BBQ over the summer! The Everdure by Heston Blumenthal Team

Heston's Everdure - Force 2 Burner BBQ is amazing

Bought this BBQ a week ago. cooked every meal since on it including breakfast and a roast pork last night - simply awesome results.

Build quality is superior to all other popular makes on the market, and we tested them all....trust me on that one. Frame and trolley move without hassle and the wheel locks really work. Also bought a cover for it.........at $60 price was better than expect for the cover and the quality of the cover exceeded our expectation also.

Easy to put together and setup, easy to clean, easiest ignition (just like a indoor cooktop) I've ever had.

Strongly recommend to others to buy this wonderful BBQ.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi Andrew, Thank you for your review, we're glad you're getting great use out of the FORCE and are finding it easy to maintain. Should you ever have any questions or after additional information such as recipes, etc., please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks, The Everdure by Heston Blumenthal Team

Great customer support

Had two small issues on the day of purchase with the handle and hood.
After entering details into the online contact I had a phone call within a few hours and replacements were organised and sent out.
The best customer service I have had from any company by far.
The actual BBQ itself is amazing, the smaller size is perfect for a family of four.
This is by far the easiest BBQ a have ever cleaned, I'm sure this aspect alone will ensure it lasts a lot longer than every other BBQ I have ever owned.
The design aspect of the BBQ is amazing and is definitely not an eyesore like every other BBQ on the market.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Good afternoon Buddha, Thank you very much for your review. Glad to hear you're enjoying the Force cooking experience and the sleek looks. If there was every anything else we could help you with, please feel free to contact us at info@everdurebyheston.com Thanks, The Everdure by Heston Blumenthal Team

Perfect BBQ blows away Beefeater and Weber

Amazing Little bbq. Was blown away by the finish, heavy steel and cooking capabilities. The finish a d quality is A1 well worth the extra hundred over other brands. The customer service was amazing as well as I called up for advice. This is definitely a keeper you couldn't go wrong.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Hi There, Thanks for your review, feel free to contact our service team anytime if you had any other questions or needed any extra info. Thanks, The Everdure by Heston Blumenthal Team

Fantastic Product, Very Happy

My husband has been looking for a new BBQ for a while and loves to research alot before he purchases anything. We usually use coal but moving into a new house and having access to gas we were in the market to purchase a BBQ that would work and taste as good as a coal BBQ.
The Heston Force is a fantastic BBQ it's two plates but perfect for our outdoor area and great for entertaining. My husband now cooks meat nearly evey night on the BBQ and I've also slow cooked lamb shoulder as it has the high hood making it easy to cook slow cooked meals in pots, the flavours that come out of the BBQ when you open it are just to die for.
If your in the market to buy a gas BBQ this is the one, you definitely won't be disappointed.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Hi Emz, Many thanks for your review, glad to hear you're enjoying using the FORCE! Kind Regards, The Everdure by Heston Blumenthal Team

Can I cook a roast in the 2 burner?
Hi, I quite often close the lid but usually for a short period, however, I couldn't see why you wouldn't have any dramas roasting on the two burner,as there is a good air flow over the burners and therefore no buildup if the lid is closed....Regards...GregI did some roast pork in my Force last night! You will need some sort of rack to allow airflow around the meat. A roast cooks via indirect heat, so put it over the burner that is unlit. When the temperature gets to what you need, turn the lit burner down to lowest and that will maintain the temperature. It will take longer than your fan-forced electric oven but the end result will be great.

Hi Team I am wanting a 2 burner BBQ that I can build in rather than be on a trolley. The reviews on the Evedure look terrific. Can you advise is it possible to install it without the stand? Regrds Stephen
Hi Stephen, we would suggest you email us at info@everdurebyheston.com.au so we can put you in contact with the Technical Service Team. They'll be able to discuss your specific requirements and advise you furtherAbsolutely you can. It’s a portable bbq on short legs that sit inside the stand. I’d opt for a stainless steel or aluminium front panel in front of the legs so you can lower the bbq area to line up with the bench... pretty easy to do.Thanks John thats great. Everdure have also confirmed it can be built in. Cheers Stephen

We purchased the force model last November and ordered the accompanying conversion kit from Aplliances Online. I’ve been trying to organise a plumber in Victoria to connect to our gas tap on balcony but I’m having difficulties as the plumbers I’ve contacted so they don’t do conversion of bbqs in Victoria. Any ideas how we can get this working?
Hi Damster, because it’s raining here today and I’ve got nothing to do, I spoke to the Master Plumbers Association of Victoria this morning. They have a website called https://plumber.com.au/find-a-plumber and if you enter the type of plumber you want, your postcode and a distance in km’s for the search it will come up with a list. Some have a description of the services they offer. The Master Plumbers advised that this is the tool that they always use when answering this question as they can’t specifically recommend a plumber. I really hope this helps you in some way. All the best. JohnThank you, John. You’re a champion!

Everdure by Heston Blumenthal FORCE HBG2R (Red)Everdure by Heston Blumenthal FORCE HBG2O (Orange)Everdure by Heston Blumenthal FORCE HBG2S (Silver)Everdure by Heston Blumenthal FORCE HBG2G (Black)Everdure by Heston Blumenthal FORCE HBG2M (Blue)
CategoryGas BBQsGas BBQsGas BBQsGas BBQsGas BBQs
Price (RRP) $799$799$799$799$799
TypeFreestandingFreestandingFreestandingFreestandingFreestanding
Cooking Plate / Grill MaterialCast IronCast IronCast IronCast IronCast Iron
FeaturesGrill, Hooded and Temperature GaugeGrill, Hooded and Temperature GaugeGrill, Hooded and Temperature GaugeGrill, Hooded and Temperature GaugeGrill, Hooded and Temperature Gauge
Colour / Finish RedOrangeSilverBlackBlue
Dimensions 1446 x 1175 x 743 mm1446 x 1175 x 743 mm1446 x 1175 x 743 mm1446 x 1175 x 743 mm1446 x 1175 x 743 mm
Gas TypeLPGLPGLPGLPGLPG
Number of Burners/Zones 22222
Gas Rate 23 mJ/hr23 mJ/hr23 mJ/hr23 mJ/hr23 mJ/hr
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)