Everdure by Heston Blumenthal FURNACE

Everdure by Heston Blumenthal FURNACE

MPNs: HBG3B, HBG3G, HBG3M and 2 more
Listing monitored by Everdure by Heston Blumenthal

• Preheating Speed
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (14) · No (12)
  • Safety

Rusty plates and hard to clean

We bought our Furnace 3 burner in January 2020 and have found the quality of the cooking very good compared to our Weber Q that it replaced. Like many others on this forum we have encountered the same issues regarding hot plates rusting, decals wiped off during cleaning, impossible to remove staining and the partial contortionist act required to clean near the burners and ignition points. Today while cleaning I noticed the drip guard between the burners had started to disintegrate. Not good for $1000 BBQ just over a year old.

UPDATE
We have been in mediation with Lexi and a replacement BBQ is on its way to us. The service provided in resolving this issue has been very good and an outstanding resolution has been achieved.

Purchased in January 2020 for $1,116.00.

David H.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

One of the worst bbq’s I’ve ever owned

This has to be one of the worst bbq’s I’ve owned. We have had it for 3 years now and have had to have the plates all replaced under warranty as the finish broke and cracked away. The replacement plates rust (this is using non-abrasive cleaners, keeping the lid down and using a cover). The painted metal finish has bubbled and peeled away in several spots. The worst part of this is how hard it is to clean. Heaps of tight spots and nooks and crannies which makes cleaning an absolute nightmare. When it’s working, you need to have multiple burners on to get any intensity of heat, wasting gas just to get a nice grill on a piece of steak. I’ll never buy one of these again and recommend you avoid as well. Awful!

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman.

David H.

Just wanted to provide an update. Received contact from Alexis who was able to promptly and efficiently offer a solution. Thanks for your aftercare support.

LizMid North Coast, NSW

How on earth are we supposed to clean the fat from the body

This product cost $1000 and I couldn’t be more disappointed. Who thought about what to do after cooking? The fat that doesn’t go into the drip tray lines the rest of the belly and is impossible to get to unless the burners are unscrewed dismantled then hopefully put together properly with wires to consider.
Big flare ups if the fats left to sit.
Waste of good $
Oh and don’t expect the paint work to stay. Lost all the control markers pretty much right away. Look I just really wanted this to work. Looks stunning reasonable heat distribution but not great.
Nah doesn’t do well at all

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Daren C.
Daren C.Sydney, NSW

Disappointed

Terrible heat distribution across all 3 burner plates delivering unevenly cooked meat.
Paint started to flake not long after a year - this falls under the 2 year paint warranty but they said they will not fix, just to deal with it. All waste just falls into the bbq and onto the burners so its very hard to clean on a regular basis. It looks nice and has the Heston name behind it but don't fall for the marketing here...

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman.

So far, so good

Just took delivery of the 2 burner force. It took me a bit to assemble it but all you need is a phillips screwdriver so it's very doable. Everything looks very high quality. Fit and finish is wonderful. Easy to light and easy to turn off the gas at the cylinder. We tried it last night for the first time..cooked lambchops. They turned out perfectly. And I mean perfectly. I love the cast iron grates as they heat evenly and really sear the meat.

Purchased in November 2020 at Brandster Inc. for $962.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Robyn
RobynSouth East Queensland, QLD

BBQues good Quality not so good.

We purchased the Everdure Furnace BBQ about a year ago and it has been faultless. Looks fantastic, cooks great, easy to start. I can't rave about it enough. Best BBQ we have ever had.
This is an update to our BBQ:
We had the lid replaced once under warranty due to the paint bubbling. The new lid is doing the same and the plastic that surrounds the hotplates is also bubbling. Unfortunately its not under warranty any more. We have it under cover it gets no sun on it and we also have a bbq cover over it. Its a shame as its a great bbq but its obvious its not going to last. Very disappointing.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,000.00.

Very happy

The team were very helpful when I had an issue, and we’re prompt in reply. Reliable team and great bbq. I use it probably around once a week for my and the family.

Purchased in January 2017.

Hi Kane,
Thanks for the feedback , its good to hear that our team were able to assist , and that you are enjoying using your Furnace. We will pass this on to our marketing and R&D teams.

Looks Great But Performs Poorly

Uneven temperature over full surface area. Side-by-side steaks and kebabs can be inconsistent. Easy clean. Solid build. Nice looking. I sold mine for a better bbq which was cheaper. Buyer beware.

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman for $700.00.

TeePee
TeePeeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worst BBQ ever owned!

Auto lighting takes forever to light up (if it ever does light) and you cant see the flames so you don't know if its on or not (when solid plates are used which I have 2 out of 3 plates). The plates are so loosely fitted they keep falling into the BBQ onto the burners as you move the food around. The biggest waste of money I have ever spent. So I have paid $1,000 for a BBQ that doesn't light and plates keep falling in making it very difficult to cook on, practically useless! Save your money and BUY ANYTHING ELSE, a garbage bin lid would do a better job. I did get a full refund for this crap BBQ which was the only good thing about it, so thanks for that (but I would expect nothing less for something that simply doesn't work).

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for $908.20.

Safety
Even Heat DistributionNo

Penny
PennyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Easy to use. Even easier to keep clean.

We have had our BBQ for around 3 months and we use it at least three times a week on average. So easy to keep clean. Cooks food really well. Very pleased with everything.

Purchased in May 2020.

Very disappointing

The lid doesn’t close. How do you bbq? It’s impossible to close the lid!! Still waiting to hear back from customer service. This is the second year with the same repeated issue.

Purchased in June 2019 for $999.00.

Alexis P.Everdure by Heston Blumenthal

Good morning Sanchez , thanks for contacting us with regards to the lid on your Furnace , please give our technical team a call on 1300 739 033 and one of our consultants will assist with your enquiry. The team at Everdure by Heston Blumenthal.

Dan M.
Dan M.Sydney, NSW

Poor Heat and Poor Design

Heat is really uneven and the BBQ plates shift and drop off their guides with even the smallest movement (like cleaning the bbq.) Looks cool but not good to use. Only used it a dozen times in 12 months because it is such a pain.

Purchased in September 2019 for $799.00.

Laura Milliken
Laura MillikenPerth

Everdure barbecue

The heat from the barbecue it’s super intense .
Very hard to regulate temperature.
I find it burns food very easily .
Love the look of the barbecue just trying to work out temperature.

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman for $799.00.

Alexis P.Everdure by Heston Blumenthal

Good afternoon Laura, thanks for your enquiry, if you would like to give us a call on 1300 739 033 and one of our team will put you through to one of our chefs who will be able to assist. The team at Everdure by Heston Blumenthal

alpha b.Peel, WA

Heston Blumenthal Furnace Review

We assembled it easily and started the fire. I noticed that the fire is not even around the rings. It starts well in the first row but there is a noticeable reduction in flame power - I would say it is half on the other straight line of the 'U'. I sent an email to the Maintenance department and I did receive a reply asking if it is LPG or Natural Gas. After that, there is complete silence. A little disappointed with the after sales service. Hope they rectify the fault.

Purchased in April 2020 for $999.00.

Alexis P.Everdure by Heston Blumenthal

Hi there alpha b , so that we can assist with your enquiry regarding your Furnace please give our technical team a call on 1300 739 033 Thanks the team at Everdure by Heston Blumenthal.

alpha b.

I did, they called and replied, requested for attachments- I sent, awaiting response

alpha b.

Hi, I have to retract about their customer service. It has been amazing. They are actually sending me a replacement unit today.

Rich BradshawSoutheast, SA

Cooks great but paint and transfers come off.

I cant fault the cooking ability of this bbq. But I have only had the bbq since Christmas and when wiped with a wet cloth the transfers have started to come/wipe off. This includes the ones on the controls which will make operation difficult. This never happened with my old webber q and I wouldnt expect it from such a pricey bbq. The ignition system is poor compared to the webber too.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $1,000.00.

Good Morning Rich,
Please contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 739 033, so they can arrange assistance with your Everdure BBQ.
The team at Everdure.

Rich Bradshaw

This issue was rectified very quickly. Excellent customer service. They even sent someone to my home to correct it.

Alexis P.Everdure by Heston Blumenthal

Good morning Rich, happy to hear that you are happy with our service and a positive outcome.

Read more reviews - page 2

Jonas L.
Jonas L.asked

Hi Everdure,

I'm considering buying a Furnace this month, but a lot of the complaints here have me worried now. Have any of these issues been addressed in production?

I'm especially worried about paint bubbling/peeling off, decals coming off, plates sliding off and falling into grill due to being too small, uneven heating.

Looking very much forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,
Jonas

Alexis P.Everdure by Heston Blumenthal

Good afternoon Jonas, our marketing and R & D teams are always working to improve our products, we believe that all of the points you have noted have been addressed. If you would like to discuss further before making your purchase please give us a call on 1300 739 033. The team at Everdure by Heston Blumenthal.

Dave Casked

Hi there just had a fire in bbq assuming it was from fat off steak .Was side of bbq had caught alight and was dropping burning plastic onto wooden deck below.Plastic side completely brunt through before being able to extinguish flame s .Have loved cooking on over the last year but am glad was no left unattended this evening.Are there replacement part for this 3 burner.RegardsDave

Alexis P.Everdure by Heston Blumenthal

Good morning Dave, good to hear that no one was near the unit at the time of the fat fire, please give us a call on 1300 739 033 and one of our consultants will assist with arranging repair of your BBQ.
Thanks the team at Everdure by Heston Blumenthal.

Dave C

Hi I’m in New Zealand do you have a service centre here? Sorry posted on your site couldn’t find a local one .please adviseThanks Dave

Alexis P.Everdure by Heston Blumenthal

Good morning Dave, our New Zealand team can be contacted on 9415 6000. We look forward to chatting with you.

Rob T.
Rob T.asked

How do I clean the underside of the lid, it has oily/orange burn marks on it. Soapy water doesn’t work.

Alexis P.Everdure by Heston Blumenthal

Good afternoon, thanks for contacting us regarding your your Furnace we can only suggest a mild aluminium cleaner that you can use. Thanks the team at Everdure by Heston Blumenthal.

Liz

How about under the burners mate ?
After taking the burners and the electrics apart ... what would you suggest Mr Evendure Team?

Alexis P.Everdure by Heston Blumenthal

Everdure have cleaning products on their website organic grills degreaser and organic all purpose BBQ cleaner .

See all Everdure by Heston Blumenthal FURNACE questions

Get an answer from our members and Everdure by Heston Blumenthal representatives

CategoryGas BBQs
Price (RRP) $1,099.00
TypeFreestanding
Cooking Plate / Grill MaterialCast Iron
FeaturesGrill, Hooded, On Wheels and Temperature Gauge
Dimensions 1067 x 1312 x 743 mm
Weight29 kg
Gas TypeLPG and Natural Gas (conversion kit)
Number of Burners/Zones 3
Gas Rate 29.1 mJ/hr
Colour / FinishBlack, Graphite, Stone, Orange, Mint
ManualDownload manual
  • GTIN13: 9312646023512, 9312646023888, 9312646023895, 9312646023901 and 9312646034846
  • MPN: HBG3B, HBG3G, HBG3M, HBG3O and HBG3S