Pathetic service. Our house is getting delayed due to poor management or whatever reason could be.

Pathetic service. Our home is not completed as per their initial commitment. Getting delayed which is affecting us financially and other aspects. Will not recommend anyone. Just by paying back as per HIA contract is not enough. Its our dream house and we have to pay existing rent and loan installment which is higher than what you want to pay. We are highly dissatisfied by their explanation on delaying the completion and their approach towards this. I will never recommend to anyone else.

Build StageMid-Construction
If you express your feedback about dissatisfaction on their facebook page they will block you. It would be great if they could provide proper attention towards customers. They just extending the timeframe or perhaps they have a good marketing team but not actual team who builds the home. They have just messed up our planning due to their improper project management.

Excellent customer service by Diem Ho at Fairhaven homes Thornhill Park display

Diem provided us with lot of useful information and went above and beyond our expectations to get us the best quote. She was very efficient and keen to meet our requirements and liaising with all the relevant parties on our behalf. Thank you very much Diem for all your support and the valuable advices you gave us to achieve the best quote. Hopefully our building process will be efficient as the service we received from you. Looking forward to working with you and I highly recommend Diem to all potential clients.

Build StagePre-Construction
Hi Amy, Thank you for taking the time to provide such a positive review on your experience with one of our sales consultants, we will be sure to pass on the great feedback! We love hearing that you felt supported throughout the process and where given valuable advice. What exciting times you have ahead, we cannot wait to start the next phase in your building journey! Kind Regards, Fairhaven Homes

Stay away from them !!Specially first home buyers.

We had in total 4 sales representative till now. Each and everyone has given us wrong information of one thing or a another. There company policy changes overnight. We were promised in writing that the maintenance period would be 6 months and now when we have to sign the contract it says 3 months. Surprisingly, they didn't even bothered to explain about it at all when we pointed that.
Its been 6 months since we paid the initial deposit and here we are still at the contract stage. It has been extremely disappointed service from fairhaven.
Its shocking how they can't understand that they are selling a product which is over 600k and could take atleast 20 years for the owner to be mortgage free. They do not have any heart whatsoever.
I would never ever recommend anyone to build with them.

Build StagePre-Construction
Hi Dhruv, We are sorry to read that your experience with Fairhaven Homes has exceeded your expectations. Could you please send us a private message with your build address, so we can have the opportunity to turn your experience around and have all your concerns addressed urgently. Kind Regards, Fairhaven Homes.

Worst Builder

Very Poor Service, not happy at all.
Guys do read the contract before signing and always go with a reputated builder so that u don't have to catch them when problem arise.
They won't listen once they get paid.
Good Luck

Build StagePost-Construction

Dream Home Achieved. Proud Home Owners!!

As a first home owner, we we're very nervous about such a big investment. Fairhaven have been a dream to work with, happy to answer all of our questions at all stages.
We picked our plan in Jan 2017 but due to the delay of our land titles we didn't start building until September 2018.

Our sales person was very responsive to our emails, addressing all our questions and concerns as well as providing his own recommendations which we, as first time buyers, would not have thought of. We were able to add big changes to the floor plan from the very beginning, ticking off all the boxes we wanted for our dream home.
We were able to add all the features that we wanted (40mm waterfall bench, floor to ceiling tiles, upgraded tiles etc) and still be within our budget! All the other builders basic floor plans were so out of the budget range that it would have left us nothing to play with during the colour appointment.

Our Customer Relation Officer (Erin W) was speedy with their responses and kept us up to date with their weekly responses and future plans for the build. There communication skills really made this build a smooth and calm build.

Our Site Supervisor (Rob C) is an absolute Godsend. He was very accomodating in allowing us to have our private inspections, even pointing out what needed to be rectified and when those issues were booked in to get resolved before we even realised it was a problem!
He was prompt in answering our questions, happy to meet us on site if we wanted to have a look, and also told us what days he was in the office so we knew the best time to contact him.
We truly felt that we were in good hands and could see that he takes pride in his work. We honestly could not have had a smooth build if it wasn't for him.

We received our keys 3/5, 2 months before contract was completed. Because of all the pubic holidays, our bank was a bit delayed in providing us the final cheque. While we waited for the bank, Rob met us on site every week correcting all the minor issues so that when we received handover there was hardly anything left to rectify. Even after receiving our keys, Rob has followed up on asking us if we had any concerns.

All in all, the communication was great, the quality is everything we wanted and extremely budget friendly to give us all of our dream features.
Highly Recommend this builder!

Construction End DateMay 2019
Hi Amanda, Wow, what a compliment your review is to us. Thank you for sharing your experience. It really helps us to acknowledge high performing staff and improve as a business. We love hearing that the level of service by our staff throughout the entire construction phase remained professional, helpful and courteous and that we were able to construct your dream home whilst also remaining in budget! We wish you all the best in your new home. Kind Regards, Fairhaven Homes.

Gooo service till fix competition stage

To inform all the viewers i m having very good time with fairhaven homes, now my house is at fix competition stage, site supervisor jammie is really supportive, helpful putting his efforts
Relationships officer kitsa,she helps quiet alot with minor changes without any charges,
Erin Williams (customer service officer) she is very kind always happy to help. Update everything via email.
Thanks fairhaven management i hope it will be a good time till handover the keys .
Thanks to site supervisor once again.
Regards gurvinder singh.

Build StageMid-Construction
Construction End DateJune 2019
Hi Gurvinder, Thank you taking the time to review your experience with Fairhaven Homes thus far. We are happy to hear that you have had a pleasant journey and that our staff have been helpful and courteous throughout the entire process. It's a very exciting time for you as you head towards the final phase of construction, and we wish you all the very best with your new home! Kind Regards, Fairhaven Homes.

Disappointing end to the experience

First of all I want to make it clear that the entire experience of dealing with Fairhaven wasn’t all bad only the final stages. The experience was brilliant through sales advice, to the colour selection and to contract signing. However towards the end of the build the standard of service provided from Fairhaven started to drop dramatically. It began with being provided a date for handover by the supervisor, the day before this set date I ran into the supervisor and he claimed the house would not be ready. When asked why I was not informed of this I was not given an answer. I had taken a day off work to attend the handover and when I complained to the management about this issue, I was given a pretty simple “it’s out of our hands”. Once another date for handover had been set things were in professional yet again. The day before my finance broker rang to tell me that Fairhaven still didn’t have a certificate of occupancy. Once again Fairhaven never contacted me to inform me of their mistakes I had to contact them. I can only say the service from the staff in the office was nothing short of unprofessional through this time. I won’t detail the phone calls due there is not enough lines to type it out. Moving on, 5 months down the track it came to the maintenance appointment. The 2 items to be addressed were lights to be fixed by an electrician and mortar to be fixed by a bricklayer. Once again the day before I contacted Fairhaven acting on a hunch that the appointment wouldn’t go smoothly. I then found out that the bricklayer hadn’t been booked or confirmed. Once again I found myself thinking that a professional company would have contacted me not the other way round but not to be. I still have no date for when the mortar issues will be fixed. Finally this events towards the end of the build have left a bad taste in my mouth. While this is our second home with Fairhaven, we will be strongly considering other builders for our next build.

Build StagePost-Construction
Hi Brendan, thank you for your review. We value your feedback and would like the opportunity to discuss this matter further, could you please provide us with your job number so we can resolve your concerns as soon as possible. Kind Regards, Fairhaven Homes.180076

Fairhaven ensures the quality of the houses they build and take any issues seriously

Fairhaven homes took all our issues we had after the settlement of our new home on board and did their best to ensure we get what we were promised. Build manager Elis and site supervisor James Spinks are professional and approachable and they treated our new home as their own. The way they were giving their 100% to the quality of our house, it felt like building with them was the right decision.

Construction End DateApril 2019
Job no. is 170812Hi Iqbal, We are delighted to read that all your issues and concerns were addressed in a promptly manner by our team, and that you felt they were professional and approachable at all times. We love to hear that you feel it was the right decision to build with Fairhaven Homes! We hope you enjoy your home for many years to come. Kind Regards, Fairhaven Homes.

Happy costumer, highly recommended

It’s been a long build with a lot of changes with our site supervisors but without Rob Cleland our build wouldn’t be smooth sailing. His made sure our house was ready to our standards on handover and is still working hard after handover meet our needs with the house. Highly recommend Fairhaven homes. Can not wait to build again in the future and hope Rob will still be around when that time comes.

Build StagePost-Construction
Hi Shiela, Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear that you would highly recommend Fairhaven Homes and that you cannot wait to build again. Its lovely to hear that you had such a positive experience with our supervisor, we will be sure to pass on the feedback. We hope you enjoy your new home for years to come. Kind Regards, Fairhaven Homes.

Building experience (customer service)

First build ever. Not totally smooth sailing with 4 site supervisors change and terrible communication from the construction coordinator in the offices. In saying that, Emilia doing contracts had awesome customer service and communication and our last site supervisor, Rob, has been great with following up things with our final stages of build and even now after we move in, he has made sure that we are happy with our new home. So thank you :)

Build StagePost-Construction
Hi Pearl, Thank you for taking the time in completing this review. We are glad to hear that you are overall satisfied with your build with Fairhaven Homes, despite a few communication issues. We hope you enjoy many happy years in your home. Kind Regards, Fairhaven Homes

Poor workmanship, no supervision on site, without experience tradies, delay construction.

Three times modification bulkhead and kitchen window, Done wrong paint and rendering,
During half construction five supervisor has been change.
Lot of DRG Mistakes by drafter and Every times done wrong things on site.
Supervisor not come to inspection on site after finish each job.
If any body want to see fairhaven workmanship Please call me on [contact details removed].
I don’t recommend other to build house with fairhaven.

April 19th 2019 Update: Don’t build the house with fairhaven homes

No construction scheduled and planning,
No construction update,
No corespondents with workers,
Delayed construction due to every stage DRG mistakes by drafter and wrong things done by tradies.
Builder have only local tradies with no experience.

Construction End DateDecember 2018
Hi Mukesh, We are sorry to hear of your unsatisfied journey with Fairhaven. We have your job number and are looking into getting this address urgently. Kind Regards, Fairhaven Homes.Still More problems arise on modification. Please see attached link which I have send email today to Ali. Do it proper fixing as per Australian Standard. We don't want renovated house, we spend money for new house. https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ik=30741678ce&view=pt&search=all&permthid=thread-a%3Ar5761375101878928144&simpl=msg-a%3Ar5766332551528980529.

Could have been a 5 star but can’t

My building journey with Fairhaven Homes has been smooth but not perfectly fine.We had few issues in the house since time of handover.Our Supervisor was changed at last moment and we were not happy the way handover was given.The Supervisors seem to be bit lazy and very unprofessional given the handover process for your very first home.The finishing works like paints were not good quality.The Garage slab floor and Alfresco slab floors were dirty and they already had cracks on them.We spent months cleaning the house.There seem to be issue that the supervisor was not looking after the house properly.
But We admire the after service of Fairhaven Homes as they have been following up our every email and sending their inspectors.
We had few plumbing leaks from top floor bathroom but haven’t been fully rectified.
I hope they will improve their service standards and endeavour to help their customers.I give them 4 Stars as there’s been no major dramas but could have been a 5 star.

Construction End DateMarch 2018
Hi Rick, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. We take our customer feedback very seriously and we note some constructive criticism in your review, which will certainly be taken on board to help us improve as a business. We hope you enjoy your new home for many years to come. Kind regards, Fairhaven Homes.

Highly recommend

Entire process was smooth and I was kept up to date.
I was well informed about cost and able to stick to my budget.
Easy to contact through email when I had questions
Colour selections was heaps of fun with staff who were very educated and helped make the decisions easier
Contract signing was also very smooth.
Friendly staff.
All over has been a great process so far. Cannot wait to begin construction

Construction End DateOctober 2019
Hi Bree, Thank you for the great feedback and 5 star rating! We are delighted to hear that each department has made the pre-construction phase so easy and fun for you, and all the while your budget has remained intact! We are excited for you to commence construction in the not so distant future! Kind Regards, Fairhaven Homes.

Fairhaven - Building experirnce

My house is now complete.
Except for few minor defects there is nothing I can say I am worried about.
The experience from beginning till the end was great and commendable.
There has been no single guests at our property who didn't appreciate the finishing of the house.
I am vey happy and lucky to have decided to choose Fairhaven Homes as builder.

Site supervisor - Ellis really did a great job and was very approachable and always replied to our emails and correspondences without fail. He is a great guy and deserves a BIG SHOUT OUT for his wonderful assistance throughout our journey. I wish Ellis good luck for his future and I really appreciate his patience to deal with his clients' queries . Keep up the good work!!

Administrator -Sacha you were so good and your support as a new starter in the company is outstanding .You are definitely doing a good job. Never stop this excellent approach towards your clients. We are very happy for all your support.

Good luck to the company and keep up the great work!!

Construction End DateMarch 2019
Hi Amrita, Thank you very much for your 5-star review! We are absolutely love hearing that you are impressed with your new home, and the experience that you have had with Fairhaven Homes was a pleasant and happy one. It is great to hear that Ellis and Sacha were of such great assistance, we will be sure to pass on the amazing feedback. We wish you all the best in your new home! Kind Regards, Fairhaven Homes.

Horrible Experience, Do Not Build With Fairhaven

We were completely lulled into a false sense of security when signing up to build with Fairhaven, the deal seemed great, the people were lovely...it did not take long for this to all come crashing down. I now understand why Ipads were thrust into our face at our colour appointment as this is probably the only time they can manage to get good reviews out of people.
We began building our 22.5sq home with Fairhaven in August of 2017, we were initially told we would be in the house by Christmas that year (being realistic I though this might be slightly delayed) however the house was not finished until November 2018. During this nightmare 14 months our site supervisor changed 6 times! During the build we contacted a private building inspector to assess the property at each stage. Upwards of 40 defects were found at most stages and these were not addressed until the final month of the build period. In addition to the incredible time delays I had the company ignoring me the whole time with many emails going unanswered. After finally settling the damages owed to me due to time delays still to this day have not been paid!!! I have been trying to contact the company since December and since then have been met with one very rude phone conversation but still no solution.
Our house still has multiple defects:
- Floors aren't level - this is particularly bad on back alfresco - after raining water will pool.
- Walls are not straight, several walls meet at an acute angle!
- Bulkhead is out by 10mm over a 1.5m length above the kitchen bench
- Flooring is not completed as per plans
- Electrical issues
- Cracking
- Tiles not cut straight

It got to a point where it was too stressful to keep dealing with the company over these issues so took the house in a sub par condition but would highly advise to anyone considering building with Fairhaven to reconsider.
The level of service and professionalism is basically non existent. One of their site supervisors even admitted to me that they did not expect to expand so quickly and therefore are not set up with good trades to complete jobs in the North West suburbs of Victoria hence the delays and problems.
There is no excuse for such poor workmanship and poor handover, we have had nothing but problems and still we unfortunately have to keep dealing with them.
I had many other friends and family building at a similar time with Carlisle, Boutique and Mimosa and nobody had even close to the trouble we experienced.

Do not put yourself under the stress of building with Fairhaven!!!

Construction End DateNovember 2018
Hi Rachael, We are disappointed to read that we have let you down and that you are unsatisfied with your home. Could you please send us a private message with your job number so we can act on this and find a solution for you. Kind Regards, Fairhaven Homes.

Amazing customer service

Diem Ho,our customer service @Fairhaven was a great help.She guides us throughout house and colour selection process patiently .Very knowledgeable and honest.We felt that we are on the right place up until this stage.Hopefully the building process would be as smooth as these initial steps without any disappointment.Thank you Diem.

Build StagePre-Construction
Hi Mary, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback of your journey so far. We are delighted to hear that Diem was of such great assistance and you felt this phase in the building journey went smoothly. This level of service will continue throughout your upcoming stages and we are sure you will be absolutely thrilled with your brand new home. Kind Regards, Fairhaven Homes.

Sign me up again

I had my first home completed just over 12 months ago and my second build is in the contract stage. I’m also about to sign on for a third time and there is no other builder that can compare. After walking through every other builders display homes, I couldn’t find another plan that matched the Newport 275 and the price was still the best by far.

Construction End DateNovember 2017
Hi, Thank you for your 5-star review! We are so thrilled to hear that you have had fantastic experiences building through Fairhaven Homes. We look forward to commencing construction on your Newport 275 in the not so distant future, what an exciting time for you! Kind Regards, Fairhaven Homes

It's been awesome so far

We are loving our experience with Fairhaven so far. Our consultant Rene Mallia, provided great help and guidance throughout the process of Colour Selection and all pre-site stuff. Communication is always easy and she's always very attentive. You could feel that she is going out of her way to help and make sure that we've got adequate information so we can make proper decisions. We find the price competitive and the upgrade options/pricing reasonable.

Our first home was built by a different builder and we definitely have a better experience with Fairhaven this time for our second house, from the Sales to pre-site stage. We felt we are better informed and we have the
confidence that our consultant is genuinely working for our best interest.

Our site start is in three weeks and we are looking forward to a smooth and stress-free Construction phase.

Build StagePre-Construction
Hi, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such lovely feedback! We love hearing that Rene has gone out of her way to make sure she answers all your questions and keeping you well informed. It seems as though our inclusions and service have met your expectations and we are sure this will continue throughout the remaining phases of your building journey! We look forward to continuing a positive relationship with you as you move throughout the remaining phases of construction. Kind Regards, Fairhaven Homes.

Very Exciting and Flawless Start

The first time we stepped into the Fairhaven Homes display in Clovertone we just new that was our dream home. We were warmly welcomed by Sanjana then, who is now at Highlands Display Centre. Sanjana was so patient in explaining and answering all our question. Sanjana offered some suggestions and ideas that we considered and took on board.She would most of the time sacrifice he time after hour to meet us to finalise some minor details.She has demonstrated some quality customer care that we hope is the custom at Fairhaven Homes. How ever we have raised our concerns with the negative reviews that we have read on line

Build StagePre-Construction
Hi Chazunguza, Thank you for your wonderful review! It sounds as though Sanjana went above and beyond to ensure this stage of the process was an enjoyable and informative one! We will be sure to pass on your kind words. We wish you all the very best for the upcoming stages of your journey. What an exciting time for you! Kind Regards, Fairhaven Homes.

The house nightmares were made of - Mandalay Beveridge

What an utter nightmare our build was.
The initial consults and signing up were a breeze and led to a false sense of security with this company. Our first supervisor to the build never even called us to notify us that the build was commencing. We were only notified when the next supervisor handling the build called us to say they underpoured the slab at the front of house and overpoured it to the rear and would require and engineer to come and rectify their error. We should have seen this as a sign of things to come but still excited about our first home. I will now dot point a short version of what happened next.
- frame was constructed by the apprentice and majority of noggins were short and when this pointed out the supervisor told me this was normal.
- windows and frames were all over 20cms from frame and nails exposed and barely holding them. Apparently according to supervisor this is to assist with windy days
- food scrapes were thrown into the wall cavities by trades
- insulation blew over the site after installation and not replaced just had walls put up.
- majority of the windows had to be chaulked to fill gaps between and windows and brickwork. So much so in the end I told them no more with the chaulking gun (their solution to all gaps)
- crooked walls
- floor was uneven through entire house (my fault apparently for not putting a footpath next to house)
- ceiling separated from wall on numerous occasions
- walls moved
-wardrobe door and doors in house moved
- had to install agi pipe around house to prevent movement of house. This solution did nothing to help with the movement of the house. It was still cracking the day we moved out.
- handover state of house was a joke
- hot water system broke on numerous occasions
- supervisor did most of the build as he couldn't supervise his trades
- the after build manager told me it was my fault that the house was moving because I didn't build my footpath next to the house and i should have done that due to the soil type my house was on. When i asked how i was supposed to know this soil type he said it was in my contract. We then went through the contract and he noted that I wasn't lying it wasn't in there.

How is the house now? I have no idea. The stress of the build and the money it cost us lead to a relationship break down and sale of the house.

I have written this review now as fairhaven called me recently to ask me for feedback. When I called them back to offer that feedback they didn't seem to want it anymore when they realised what house it was.

No compensation was ever offered by them all I received was trades coming back to do poor patch up jobs.

Construction End DateMay 2016
Hi, We are very sorry to read your experience with Fairhaven Homes did not exceed your expectations. We have sent you a private message to address your concerns. Kind Regards, Fairhaven Homes.So it would appear Fairhaven just gets on here and says they are going to contact people but never do. If anyone is thinking of building with Fairhaven feel free to contact me to ask for further or for photos. I wish I had known about their shoddy work prior to going ahead with them.