Falken WildPeak A/T

• Off-Roading Frequency
Happy Baker

Happy BakerSouthern and Hills, SA

Second time around.

I was so impressed with the Falkens on my Colorado that I have just had a set fitted to my 150 Prado. The difference over the original BFGs’ is amazing. Quieter, better steering and hopefully better kms.

Purchased in April 2020 at Bridgestone Tyres for A$220.00.

Tyre Mileage 100 km
Car ModelToyota Prado J150 Altitude 4 Cylinder, 3 Litre
SquidKing

SquidKing

Great Tyre Great Price

Fitted to Pajero Sport 265/65/R18 before a Simpson desert trip , Found the Wildpeaks excellent off road and on Road , Importantly they work well in the wet , The test I saw was what convinced me to buy them as they tested well in wet and dry braking and this has been confirmed with use for the last 25000 km .
They have been quiet and if anything have improved handling, would definitely recommend them.

Purchased in June 2019 for A$200.00.

Tyre Mileage 25,000 km
Car ModelMitsubishi Pajero Sport QE
Tyre Pressure Used35 PSI

Jan ThorpeSydney, NSW

Better than first thought

After having had a number of recommendations from various friends to refit my Toyota Troopy with Falken WildPeak tyres I did so with reservations. My first thought was ,, because of their rugged look ,, they would feel harsh and noisy ,, but the opposite applied. They are smooth and quiet on sealed roads and have got me through a few very rough and muddy situations. I have only had these tyres since May 2019 but so far so good.

Purchased in May 2019 at Tyre Kingdom North Parramatta for A$219.00.

Tyre Mileage 2,000 km
Car ModelToyota Landcruiser Troopcarrier
Tyre Pressure Used35 PSI
Off-Roading FrequencyYearly

StevePerth, WA

These Tyres Rock

Needed replacements for some older Maxxis with good tread. A lot of research, a good deal, and now I have 305/70R16s on my built Patrol. They balanced up well, and are quiet on the road. Grip, especially cornering, is noticeably better on wet and dry roads. Off road traction is good, even in light mud. The sidewall lugs are heavy duty for an AT tyre. They air down nicely for sand too. After 10000 km the wear is barely noticeable. They suit my 60% road and light/medium off road driving and towing perfectly. They look good too. Recommended.

Purchased in February 2019.

Tyre Mileage 10,000 km
Car ModelNissan Patrol Y61
Andrew

AndrewGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good tyres so far

Tossed up between BFG KO2's and these. I found a lot of reviews on the KO2's about poor wet braking on tar (though great everywhere else), and on these, good wet braking (and probably nearly as good everywhere else). My usage is mostly Melb Urban, so I chose the Falkens. So far very happy so far. lots of wet tar and good wet braking. Note comparison is difficult as tyres removed were well past their prime

Ric

RicMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great Tyre

Bought the Falken Wildpeak AT for my new Holden Trailblazor in April 2019 to replace the factory tyres, got a great deal buy 3 and 4th one free at the time.
Bought them from City Discount Tyres Port Adelaide, they are great to deal with.
Have now done 6000 klms on them with over 1000 klms on Oodnadatta track towing Camper Trailer and the tracks were very corrugated and rough.
Tyres are great on road and quiet, and off road awesome, no chips from rubber and still look as good as new. so well pleased and would definitely recommend.

Purchased in April 2019.

Tyre Mileage 6,000 km
Car Modelholden trailblazor
Dry Weather Handling

Fantastic tyre at a great price

Have put a set of Falken Wildpeak AT 265/65/17 tyres on my 2016 Mazda BT50. So much better than the standard rubbish tyres I replaced. Hardly notice any noise difference than the HT tyres these replaced ... very quiet. Provide great steering & feedback, good in the wet and dry, very confidence inspiring. Grip really well offroad & work well towing the 2 ton van. Seem to be wearing evenly & lasting really well. I rotate every 10000ks.

Purchased in June 2018.

Tyre Mileage 20,000 km
Mimi

MimiNew South Wales

This is perfect

These tyres Safety is a key factor in my tyre selection and these tyres are very impressive.
Bit early to say about durability.
Good price. It was about $156 each and that was fitted, they look good

Purchased in December 2018 at The Tyre Factory for A$533.00.

Tyre Mileage 60,000 km
Car ModelHonda Civic
Tyre Pressure Used30 PSI
Off-Roading FrequencyNever

Paul S.

Paul S.Perth, WA

Never buy again

Brought these tyres based on reviews. 21000 kilometres in had an issue with the sidewall, tyre went flat in seconds while driving on the road. Took it back to the dealer, they contacted the supplier who still hasn't got back to my dealer and its been a month. Based on their customer service I won't purchase another Falken product.

Purchased in September 2017 at Bob Jane T-Marts for A$200.00.

Tyre Mileage 21,000 km
Car ModelNissan Patrol Y60
Tyre Pressure Used38 PSI

Amino

AminoDandenong

Very good traction low noise

I had Cooper at bf Goodrich mt ko2 Micky Thompson Atz they were very expensive grip wise not much difference land cruiser always distroy tyre even on right pressure it chews tyres. I have seen these tyres on most vehicles they were alright. I have balance the tyres adjust toe still same result

CarLand cruiser 105r
Saint

SaintBurnie

Good tyres

These tyres grip the road like glue. Safety is a key factor in my tyre selection and these tyres are very impressive.
The Car performs much better around corners and in the wet and they like the dirt. They are for road and off-road.
Bit early to say about durability.
Good price. It was about $250 each and that was fitted, they look good

CarIsuzu D Max 2013
Happy Baker

Happy BakerSouth Australia

Dubious at first but a great buy.

I bought the Wildpeaks to travel the Simpson and surrounds with AT tyres instead of the fitted HT Duelers, a brand I ran for over 40 years.
After 20,000 ks’ I have left the Duelers in the shed and cannot fault the Falkens.
They still look like new and whilst slightly noisy are very good tyres.
The uneven wear reported elsewhere must be due to incorrect tyre pressures and some of the complaints hint at poor vehicle setup.

Car2017 Holden Colorado Dual Cab. Now with 50,000 ks’.
SnSFITZ

SnSFITZSafety Bay

Great tyres and price

Bought these tyres at the recommendation of the salesman at the store, couldn't be happier with my purchase. They're quiet and perform well in all conditions. Have had them for nearly 12 months now and they have been better than my previous Bridgestones, and they were a cheaper option by far than a replacement set of Bridgestones. Highly recommend Falken Tyres for any vehicle

Car2010 Hilux 4x4 Dual Cab

Long term review

I have bought these tyres because they have a 3ply side wall, were made in japan and very reasonably priced. I have runned them on my prado and camper. The size I'm running is 265/75R16 on both car and camper. I have had no issues with the tyres at all, running different pressures to suit the terrain they give plenty of traction, good wear and are reasonably quiet. The only downside I can see is they retain some rocks in the thread. Would I buy the again. Going on the service I have had with them I would definitelly put the on my short list again.

Car1997 Toyota Prado and off road camper trailer
Caitmee

CaitmeeKempsey

Look nice and do the job

Really impressed with these tyres. They don't cost a fortune and look really good on my 2017 Nissan Navara. They seem to have good traction and aren't slippery on the road at all. I went from having the stockie road tyres, which were really slippery when there was any wet weather to these and you can notice an instant difference. They aren't noisy at all either.

Car2017 Nissan Navara

Kakadaz

KakadazPerth, Western Australia

WildPeak's new AT3

So far these tyres are proving VERY good all round. I bought 275 65 18's for my Jeep grand cherokee and yes they make a slight noise, not as noisy as you would expect but its there, don't buy them if you want a silent tyre. If you plan to go off road occasionally these are awesome, they look sensational and wet weather grip is very very good. I'd buy them again and they're very well priced compared to the KO2's.

Car2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Wild Peake Rubbish

Started to notice cracking and lettering coming away on one Tyre at 37000 and was told it was because of gutter scrapping Gradually all tyres doing the same damn rep rude and said nothing wrong as did dealer but unable to pass roadworthy So much for guarantee Very disappointed and not going to risk them on a trip to the outback

CarRodeo dual cab 4wd

Good Allrounder

Car2013 R51 Pathfinder
rs2000

rs2000

Falken suprise

Usually I have had a road going tyre on my 4x4 as it spend most of the time on the black stuff ,but with the recent purchase of a new 4x4 dual cab ,I selected a rim tyre package to complement it ,as it turns out these Falken tyres were on special at the time , they are an aggresssive looking a/t tyre so far wear has been good ,grip levels up there with most of them ,no white letter 'yes' ,and seem quite on the smooth bitumen ,well price ,especially if you can grab a set while discounted .
Overall a good tyre I reckon , fingers crossed they last for 70/85k kms they have a pretty deep tread so shouldn't be a problem with rotation and scheduled wheel. Alignments

CarNissan 265/65/17

Gazza13AU

Great 4x4 tyre

Car1998 Isuzu Wizard mu

Rick M.

Rick M.asked

What is the air pressure

Steve

Sorry but this is not a question. Which air pressure?

Jan Thorpe

The air pressure in my Falken tyres is dependant on the terrain over which I drive. Around town I run the tyres at 35-40 and as low as 15 4WD on outback trails. I suggest you talk to your tyre retailer or study your hand manual.

Blueyasked

Hello l’m having 255/65/r17 A/T3w’s put on my Dmax on Thursday and will be towing a 22’ van would 41-42 psi be ok when towing and 38 psi when driving around town.
Regards

Steve

Falken give a table for all sizes of tyres on their website so you can look up the recommended pressure for all loads on all sizes.

Jan Thorpe

I strongly suggest you ask the tyre retailer that question. I do not tow trailers of any shape or form as my Troopy is configured as my motor home. All I can tell you about my new Falken tyres is that they suit my needs and so far I am quite happy with their performance.

Hong J.

Hong J.asked

Hi there, I m running Dunlop AT22 265/65/17 for my Ford ranger xlt 3.2(2018).Now, thinking of upgrading to Falken AT3/W, any lifting or modify needed? Tks

Jan Thorpe

I'm sorry I cannot give you any technical info as per your question ,,, all I can say is that I have had a few brands of tyres on my Troopy over the years including the Dunlops you have ,, plus ,, B F Goodrich and Coopers on which I toured Australia on some pretty rugged terrain. I was happy with the Dunlop and Goodrich tyres, disappointed in the Coopers and so far I am happy with the Falkens albeit I haven't done any serious off-roading yet. For a rugged looking tyre they are very quiet around town but I cannot give you any thoughts on 4WDing, although my tyre supplier has given me great recommendations. Give em a try and good luck.

Steve

If you stay with the same size tyre there is no change to any aspect of your vehicle.
If you change the tyre size you will need to stay withing any legal constraints applicable, here we are allowed 2 inch larger diameter for example. Then you will need to check whether larger diameter and/or width will foul the wheel arch - steering wheels have more movement. If there is any fouling you may be able to panel beat, adjust steering lock etc. or you may need suspension modification. Best place to look would be on a Ranger owners forum.