Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WH7560P1 (7.5kg)

Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WH7560P1 (7.5kg)

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now

Tanya J.

Tanya J.Hunter Region, NSW

Rusty + Looong 8 min

Started off well, however started to develop rust on the outside and underneath after 1 year, never soaked clothes in it and wiped up any slight spills so no reason for it to rust so badly, still seems to work ok, however over time it seems 8 mins has turned into 20.. Wash wise has been a good machine, just disappointed in the amount of rust, leg has now snapped due to rust and unable to balance properly. Have since bought a new electrolux front loader. Fischer and Pykle are usually really good, however this model sadly seemed to fail in build quality. Would have expected to last more than 5 years. The softener drawer seemed to clog up regularly too which was annoying.

Purchased in April 2015 for A$700.00.

Foxh

FoxhMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

love this front loader

This is my first front loader and i will never go back. It washes everything well. the only thing it doesnt have a button for is soak, but you can manually go back and forward to do this.
Very quiet, cycle times are very adjustable.
Does woolens well

Purchased in February 2016 at Appliances Online for A$1,200.00.

KJPMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very poor quality product

We purchased this machine having had good experiences with other Fisher and Paykel products. Drum bearing collapsed after only 3 1/2 years of normal family of 4 use. We wash only normal family clothes no more than 3 to 4 times a week. Technician cost $120 (which is outrageous by the way) to come out to diagnose the problem and confirmed that it is a workshop fix that will cost over $500. Will definitely not be buying another one. I would expect to get a lot longer than 3.5 years out of this type of product.

Purchased in May 2015 for A$750.00.

Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WH7560P1 (7.5kg) compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

Shelly

Shelly

Great

I bought this a year ago and I love it. Very easy to use with turn dial and easy to read functions. Everyday wash cycle just under 60 minutes and great spin speed. however lately ive noticed it may need a clean usually put dark clothes in the washing machine , I'm very satisfied with the product's controls and its performance when I apply different settings.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Dee T

Dee TPerth

Great, efficient washer

Great front loader with many options. I generally use the 30 min wash which is perfect for normal soiled loads. Spins well and keeps turning finished wash to limit creasing, until I get back to hang out. Highly recommend the brand, although this model has now been upgraded, but likely as good or better.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Richard of Buderim

Richard of BuderimSouth East Queensland, QLD

Well Made, Works Well, But One Issue to Consider

We've had one of these now for six months, and it gets solid use. It washes well and is easy on the clothes, while being as silent as you could expect. The only issue I have with it is that the standard wash cycle takes just over an hour, so if you have more than one load a large part of your day is going to be taken up waiting for the machine. (On the other hand, I am sneaky, and generally use the quick 30 minute cycle which washes well enough that my wife has yet to spot the difference.) So when looking for a washing machine, investigate how long the wash cycle takes to make sure you can live with it.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
raragrrl

raragrrlPerth

great washing machine

This is the best washing machine ever. My partner works as a driller and previously always struggled to have his work clothes cleaned properly - this does it every time.
I love the fact it has so many options to chose from and the add garment feature is handy.
It also has a drum clean option which is fantastic

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Don’t do it!

Don’t do it!Canberra

Then the glass exploded

Yesterday the glass in the front door exploded. Literally. Glass all over the laundry and steam venting from the machine. Heavy cycle no more than 4 bath towels worth. F&P says this has never happened before but aren't in a hurry to investigate what went wrong (next available technician is 12 Sep and yes I live in a capital city). Up until that moment I would have rated the machine 5 stars. The replacement part will cost $50 plus a call out fee of around $145.

Date PurchasedMar 2014
Lee DWYER

Lee DWYERPerth, WA

Out of balance and the bearings are m asking a noise after 2 years

This machine has been playing up for the last 6 months and is not long out of warranty. The drum looks like it is out of balance and it keeps stopping halfway through the cycle, unbalance, error code 37, door lock, takes 40 mins to complete the spin cycle after 2 rebalances. The bearings are now making a knocking noise and it's just getting worse. Was nice and quiet but this has just got bad. Not much of a washing machine if it won't last over 2 years. Our last washing machine lasted 9 years.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

kerry

kerryCRAIGIEBURN

Works to perfection

I got this washing machine after a friend told me how good it was. I have found this to be so true! I have notice a drop in my water bill right from the start which was very important in my choice of machine. The efficiency in cleaning my cloths is noticeable and would have to say I am very happy in my choice. I have found it to be a little on the noisy side but the results of the wash are worth it.

Date PurchasedMar 2015
lizzie

lizziewest wallsend

Customisable and reliable

this machine is quiet and does not wobble on the spin cycle.
its customisable but as not as much as some newer machines. i love the eco-saving cycle. the buttons are easy to use. it rinses well. it cleans good. i paid $540 ,for mine in 2012 at harvey norman

Date PurchasedDec 2012
tigers56

tigers56Sydney, NSW

Impressive cleanig & whisper quiet

This machine replaced an Electrolux.. Rubbish machine.. lasted 2.5 years.
Purchased a new F&P and could not be happier.
An economical machine to run. When it is operating, you can barely hear it.. Super quiet and cleans beautifully.
It does not have a gear box so it is a very reliable machine to run. I would highly recommend it

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Perfect

love it , no complaints, best machine ever. no arguments cant live without. love it , no complaints, best machine ever. no arguments cant live without. love it , no complaints, best machine ever. no arguments cant live without. love it , no complaints, best machine ever. no arguments cant live without.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Ben W

Ben WSydney, NSW

Fantastic Machine! Quiet Operation

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Mythoughts

Mythoughts

Rust Rust Rust

Noticed paint bubbling & rust spots appearing near soap drawer & along the bottom kick plate. Hubby pulled off the base plate & all behind it is rust. The paint has fallen off & the floor under the machine had rust dust. Whilst the machine works ok, the preparation of the body work is disgraceful. I've bought lots of F&P products over the years, but after this, nah.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Christine

ChristineMackay

Love this washing machine, hasn't skipped a beat

Cleans clothes very well, clothes come out perfectly clean, not noisy at all, easy to use, even my 7 year old child uses it with ease. Highly recommend for anyone, fits a lot of clothes. Uses it for husbands work clothes and cleans with ease. Only issue is we had coins block the filter. It that was our fault.

Date PurchasedMar 2014
Alto

AltoBrisbane

Lifesaver

I have 2 adult children in and out and changing outfits too many times each day!!
Many loads later they are washed to perfection.
I live the button to add clothing once you he machine has started.
Working 2 jobs I do not have time to fuss.
It runs on its own.
My kind of machine

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Ash

AshSydney, NSW

Excellent ..hope new model is also the same

We have been using this machine for more than a year now and I have only one word to say ..Excellent. i bought this one after reading reviews here and i don't regret a bit. The machine works perfect cleans clothes easily and is quite. hopefully next model will also be same.

I have recommended same to my brother but they bought next model as this one is discontinued now..
They arre happy with new model and using that for 4 months now.. Thanks ProductReview for helping all buyers out here

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Nina

NinaDubbo

Timer is not reliable

I’ve had this machine for about 2 years and always had problems with the timer it is out, I have had a serviceman out a few times to rectify the problem but to no avail. Fisher and Paykel where no help at all and we have paid a bit of money to try to fix this problem and this is the one of the main reasons I bought this machine. All other aspect of the machine are okay. I will definitely will not buy this brand again.

Date PurchasedNov 2014
Sonia A

Sonia A

Front loader convert

Love it - quiet, good range of cycles and washes well. Can't believe this model is discontinued... great machine for a great price. I wasn't keen on a front loader after one I had years back that didn't have lint filters, so my last machine was a top loader and the most disappointing appliance ever!!! So I am wrapt with this one, highly recommend it

Date PurchasedApr 2015