Ford Fiesta WZ

Ford Fiesta WZ (2013-2021)

Also referred to as: Ford Fiesta WZ 2020 and Ford Fiesta WZ 2022. Ambiente, Sport, Trend, ST
See the Best Hatchbacks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Ford? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Comfort
  • Features

No_longer_a_Ford_fan
No_longer_a_Ford_fanFar North Queensland, QLD

Great to drive, awful to own

Purchased in April 2015 for $13,000.00.

Emanon01
Emanon01Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Highly recommended!! Economical ✅ Reliable ✅ Practical ✅

My wife has owned a 2009 and a 2016 Ford Fiesta that were purchased new from dealership both have performed amazingly without fault. Have never had any of the issues I’ve seen reviewed on here which might be due to having maintained car very well with regular services always on time. The 2009 model we sold in 2016 had 120,000km and can confirm it is still running in perfect condition. I have no doubt the 2016 model will also perform the same. Some great things about the 2016 model is it handles well either long distance or around town, very economical with a full tank costing only 30-40$, comfortable drive with a little kick in it and smooth off the mark.

Purchased in August 2015 at Ford Dealers.

danielrya87
danielrya87South East Queensland, QLD

Brand new car leaked worse than my convertible!

Purchased in November 2013 at Ford Dealers for $23,000.00.

Kumar
Kumar

Good car

Purchased this in Feb. Already been 2years. Using this car on daily basis for work,visiting family,buying groceries etc. Fuel efficient.good average. Servicing this car when required or advised. Good for small family.

Purchased in February 2017 at Ford Dealers for $14,000.00.

ricko
ricko

Love It Great Little Car

We have a 2017 WZ Fiesta Sports 1.0L turbo 3 cyl ecoboost engine, I have driven quite a few small cars over the last few years, but not as enjoyable to drive as this little car, it does long trips comfortably and very good city driving, delivers good fuel economy 4.7 to 4.9 Highway Driving 5.5 to 6.00
City Driving. My Wife and both drive it, she drives it gently & I drive it with a bit of stick, and it copes very well.
There is plenty of leg room in the front, possibly could do with some extra gauges.
Overall a very good vehicle.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews

Ok except the transmission

Very disappointed in this car, to the point that we hardly ever drive it in case it breaks down. Constant clutch and gear problems - sounds like a bag of nuts and bolts loose in a bag. it's been back to the dealer constantly who reset programs and replace clutch. Terrible car.

BadgeOne
Date PurchasedMar 2016
Jen
JenSydney

FORD Shudders

I purchased the car 2 years ago and it has flaws in it's transmission. It has been repaired 3 times in 2 years, Ford have extended the warranty because of the issue. Initially they were reluctant to fix but had far too much pressure. Mechanics at Ford said "it drives like this because 3-4 people are driving the car and have different driving styles".... Really, it's a car. It's sluggish, shudders and adolescents in the house cannot drive it to Uni, as they feel unsafe with it's performance.

BadgeTrend
Date PurchasedApr 2016
Annie
AnnieBrisbane

Has been good but not without issues

Loved it at first as the engine was efficient, handling was great and I loved the exterior look. Over time however the ecoboost 1L engine became more and more annoying particularly when on hills as the car was just not as responsive as one might hope. Issues also arose at the first scheduled service with a coolant leak covered by warranty, however at year 2 another warranty issue arose and by the end of year 3 the tyres need replacing after only 30000 km of mostly city driving

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Julz
JulzSydney, NSW

Best daily car EVER

I used to own a highly modified 2008 Subaru STI pushing 300kw at the wheels. I sold it and purchased the Fiesta ST as a downgrade but boy was I surprised.. It's actually more fun and easier to drive! Besides going slow in a straight line this thing is literally a train on rails when cornering. Boost kicks in very early around 2000rpm so it's always feeling zippy. I get about 600km per tank of fuel. Very decent on petrol especially when I drive partially aggressive.

BadgeST EcoBoost
Date PurchasedNov 2015

Jacob C
Jacob CAU

Love It!

Have a 2016 Fiesta ST with the optional Mountune Kit.
I’ve prevously had a Honda S2000 and Infiniti G37. This car is obviously much smaller than those two, but doesn’t mean it doesn’t pack a punch.

Very responsive steering and throttle. Only complaints are that the Sync Voice system is largely unresponsive and slow.

In all areas of actually driving the car, it’s excellent.

BadgeST EcoBoost
Date PurchasedJune 2017
McDev
McDevPerth, WA

Love it!

I was a bit wary prior to buying my Ford fiesta ST before due to well known 'ford problems'. But then as I research, it's just the power shift ones! Months later on, I'm still enjoying my car averaging 6.6L/100km in mixed driving. Best of both worlds! The only problem I found in the car is that my cheeks hurt from so much smiling as while I drive it!

BadgeST
Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Doug
Doug

Excellent car!

Very good fuel consumption, easy to park and drive around. Has all the features necessary. Big booth as well. Hatch is a good option for carrying bags around. Very comfortable ergonomic seats. This is the best car I have ever owned. Drives very well in the city and on the open road.

BadgeZetec
Date PurchasedAug 2016
JLJL
JLJLVictoria, Australia

Great car with no problems.

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Allan
AllanBroken Hill, NSW

Economy Class Ride

BadgeAmbiente
Date PurchasedMar 2015

Other Hatchbacks

You Get What You Pay For. Unfortunately!

BadgeAmbiente
Date PurchasedMar 2017

Read more reviews - page 2See all Ford Fiesta reviews

Alan S
Alan Sasked
Fiesta WZ (2013-2021)

I just wanted to know if 2018 ford fiesta rear seat pads pull up so that when you push seat backs down it makes a more level loading area,as in ford focus,thanks

Billiamiscool
Billiamiscoolasked
Fiesta WZ (2013-2021)

Hey guys, so I've heard lots of horror stories about the Fiesta's and Focus' gearboxes, but I was wondering if the manual was plagued with the same issues? Specifically I'm talking about the ST, it's a really nice car that I'm very tempted by, but if it's got a whole lot of extra costs involved then I won't go for it.

Grant
Grant

Evening!
As far as I know it is only the Auto of each type that had the problem, I have not heard of any problems with the manuals as they do not have dual clutches.

Ollygt
Ollygt

I believe the Fiesta/Focus issues are related to the "Power Shift" DCG gearboxes. This doesn't apply to the Australian Market 6 speed. There are a few reports for the US domestic market Fiesta ST suffering from clutch issues but US cars are made in Mexico and the Australian Market ST comes from Germany.

Ford Fiesta WZ (2013-2021)

Compare all 8 Ford Fiesta
Engine4 Cylinder 1.5L3 Cylinder 1L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.5
Max Power82kW @ 6300rpm92kW @ 6000rpm134kW @ 5700rpm82kW @ 6300rpm
Max Torque140Nm @ 4400rpm170Nm @ 4500rpm240Nm @ 5000rpm140Nm @ 4400rpm
Country of ManufactureThailandThailandGermanyThailand
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)5 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateJan 2013Jan 2013Jan 2013Jan 2013