• Build Stage
  • Electrical & Lighting
  • Flooring
Nyssa
Nyssa

Couldn’t be happier so far!

When we started looking at the display village, Format was the first display home we went into and after looking through all that were there, we came back to where we started and have been impressed ever since!
The service has been brilliant from the start and any questions we’ve had have been managed in record time.
The standard selection range has been one thing we have been happiest with, the options given at selections left us with very little to upgrade!
The build isn’t finished yet but so far we could not be happier and can not recommend Format enough!

So far, so GREAT!

Designing and building a home is a stressful thing, no doubt about it, but the support we have received from the team has been excellent. Our home hasn't been completed yet, we're hopeful to be in by late this year/early next but so far it is tracking on time, looking great and on budget. I think from our perspective what has helped is that we have been really realistic about time frames, the real cost of building a high quality home and that sometimes it's going to feel stressful. We absolutely cannot wait for our home to be completed so that we can enjoy many years living in it.

Chelsea

Dissapointing

Get quotes from Home Builders servicing your area

Receive up to 3 quotes with ProductReview.com.au

Get quotes

Sadly one of the most unpleasant experiences of our lives.

Structural Integrity

Tips for Choosing a Home Builder

Wendy Z.14 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-home-builder

Making ProductReview.com.au's home builder reviews work for you

Nathan S.14 Feb 2020
making-productreviewcomau-work-for-you

The best home builders in 2020

Nathan S.7 Nov 2019
the-best-home-builders-in-2020
Josie K
Josie KMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

WOW! You rock Format Homes!

I've had the best experience building through Format Homes, I couldn't be happier. The whole team is awesome, so dedicated and helpful it's unbelievable. Everyone is so knowledgeable, these guys really go out of their way to please and make sure everything is to your liking. Nothing is too hard, they're at your door the minute you call. The workmanship and quality of my new home is exceptional, absolutely perfect!
A truely rewarding experience, thank you from the bottom of my ❤️!

Totally disappointed

Troy R.
Troy R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great finishes on a great product

The supervisor was polite and accommodating, all the sales team did what ever they could to meet our needs ( which was a lot) accounts were always fair and reasonable and our trades were efficient and tolerant when we came on site and asked questions they were polite and even gave helpful advice to help us future proof our home.

Michael Papanicolas
Michael PapanicolasMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Couldn't be happier! We now have a beautiful house to make a home.

My family and I moved into our beautiful house four weeks ago and we are pleased to state that throughout our dealings with Format Homes, everything ran smoothly and to schedule. The quality of work was of first class and our every desire was met promptly, without any additional cost. For those looking to build within the near future, I highly recommend Format Homes.

- Michael Papps

Davo
DavoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

My Experience With Format Homes - Progress Report No 1

I am experienced in house building.
I first met Terry at the display centre on Sunday 29th Sept 2019. I sent him a rough house plan on Monday p.m.; received redrawn plan Tuesday a.m. and quote Wednesday a.m.; met again on Saturday 5th October; signed a contract 10th October. I admit I knew what I wanted but the professionalism and efficiency Terry and Format have displayed thus far is exceptional. Watch for more Progress Reports.

Get quotes from Home Builders servicing your area

Receive up to 3 quotes with ProductReview.com.au

A Disgrace...

Format H.Format Homes

We would like to point out that we have attempted to make contact with you on several occasions to no response; our offer to discuss your experience and follow up any issues considered outstanding is still open.

Kind Regards,

Tiger

No attempt has been... Not a phone call. Not a letter. Not an email. If did choose to contact me, there is no way you could rectify nor provide financial compensation for my loses.

MeiMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

The Build is Good, BUT …. The Rest Are “Too Good To Be True”

Morgan
MorganMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Flexible, accommodating and friendly - We couldn't be happier

Sandy
SandySurrey Downs

Stress Free Building

We had looked at many display homes, but it wasn't until we walked into Format Homes at Lightsview and met with Terry McWilliams that we felt completely comfortable with the whole building process.
We are very happy with our investment home. Paying a little extra for quality fixtures and fittings was definitely value for money. The workmanship was outstanding, with no issues during the build. All the team at Format were available to answer any of my queries.
We recommend them and would build with them again.

Build StagePost-Construction

Our Dream Home Ian & Wendy on 2nd Dec 2018

Build StagePost-Construction

Danny
Dannyasked

Hi we want to build 2, 3 bedroom 2 bathroom houses on our 795 sq mtr block 6km from Adelaide GPO. Flat block about 17 more frontage, could you please give me a quote I know maybe you need more information but ball park figure so I know where to start from. Yes need to knockdown our house we can arrange that.
Regards Danny.I

Hi Danny,
Thanks for your Question.
We are happy to provide some basic ballpark numbers but do need more information before being able to give you even a remotely realistic figure. Contact us at sales@formathomes.com.au and we'll be able to get you what you need.
Thanks,

Art Bro
Art Broasked

Two storey house-price list?

Hi Art Bro,
We are able to give you standard specification prices on our two-storey plans as requested. Please contact us at sales@formathomes.com.au or 08 8443 4555 so we can get you this information.
Kind Regards,

Donnaasked

Do you built at Normanville and do you guarantee your timelines with compensation paid to the client if you do not make it?

Hi Donna,
Yes we do build at Normanville and have done quite a few new homes there in the past.
We shy away from 'guaranteeing' building timelines purely because we take the approach that it is better to do the job properly rather than rush it for the sake of a few weeks. We have a core group of good trades that we use continually as they produce good quality work, and find we get a better result if we give them the time and space to do the job properly. Having said this, over 95% of our new homes are built within the Contractually specified build timeframe.

Donna

Thank you for your reply. Looking forward to talking to you when we come down from Qld in May. Cheers Donna

Mike
Mike

I am currently building with Format. The complete build from contract signature to completion is now expected to be 22-23 months although I still can't get accurate end date. If it was just a matter of a few weeks I wouldn't see an issue but I wouldn't build again without guaranteed timelines with compensation in the contract. I have lost track of the number of times that I have asked for an estimated finish date to be told that they will be able to give one at this milestone. When that milestone arrives and I ask for an accurate time frame and I get given another milestone of when they should know. Most of the estimates have been and gone.

Get an answer from our members and Format Homes representatives