Mimosa Homes

No Communication, No Transparency, Never again will go with Mimosa and never recommended, Happily Never After!

Severe Structural Issues and poor maintenance!
No Transparency and No communication across tradies, Maintenance Manager and Team.
No Timeframe to fix these issues and poor customer service.
No clarity on the issue by any means as no one has any update anytime everytime!
Never any written/verbal communication by the customer care and worst management.

If you can't fix physically visible structural issues, i doubt what else you can fix!
I am really depressed, frustrated, annoyed and helpless despite shelling out more money.

We are hit by these structural damages to our house on ceiling, doors, Garrage walls, Floors and near skirtings and at the cornice and each and every corner of the house during the 6 month maintenance period on September 2017.

I was told during the maintenance inspection that we need to wait to pass through all the seasons around
May 2018 so that the gaps would be more visible to be fixed permanently.

They (Maintenance manager, Plumber, tradesman etc.,) have attended our house multiple times and never were confident or not known what to do or how to fix it which made us always panic.
They always mentioned that they will report after every visit but never came back at all proactively unless until we call them several times just to hear their excuses and without any further approach to fix this issue.

It is shame that Mimosa homes pride themselves as a best Brand with their tag line
***Happily Ever After***.
I would change it as ****Happily Never After**** .

Everytime they have provided with their Lame excuses that wiped out the trust and confidence in us that Mimosa Homes would ever fix these issues.

I would never ever build again with Mimosa homes for not fixing my structural issues despite me following up since May 2018 till date ..and I lost hope and I will never recommend to my friends/neighbourhood and anyone as i do not want them to undergo the agony that we have been through so far .

And I don't know if i need to hope at least they will come forward to attempt to fix this issue after they read this review with their two eyes open!

I here with attach my occupancy certificate as my proof.

After a long wait and series of inspections , now they say that they will hire an engineer and i don't expect to happen anytime in the near future .

Regards,
Anish Verma
Manor lakes 3024, VIC,

Construction End DateMarch 2017

Beautiful Home

We had a lovely experience building with Mimosa Homes. The build was smooth and no serious issues arose. We had a change of site supervisor halfway through the build, however trades had previously been organised and there was no disruption to our build in this changeover. The customer service team were always friendly, especially Sheryl. They are easily contactable and quick to respond.
As with any build, there were just some minor touch ups required, but we are now living in our Happy forever home.

Thank you Mimosa!

Construction End DateFebruary 2019
Hi Rebecca, Thank you for choosing Mimosa Homes and for taking the time to leave us such a great review. It fantastic to read that your journey with us was a positive one and that you are now enjoying life in your brand new home. Thanks again Rebecca, We wish you all the best for the years to come while you create many happy memories in your new home. Regards, Ned Mimosa Homes Customer Care

Perfection!!

What a great experience we will defiantly recommend!

From step one meeting with our consultant Beau was very patient we had heaps of questions, he answered them all and was so quick to respond even after hours, he was really helpful and the price was great, I just can’t speak highly enough of him.

The colour selection was also fantastic and mostly all items we wanted where already included!!.

When we met with our site supervisor he outlined the rest of the process really well and was just great to deal with.
Watching the whole home come together was like a dream and a really smooth process,
At handover everything was exactly the way we wanted it.

Couldn't be happier : )

Build StagePost-Construction
Hi Belinda, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It's great to read that you have had a positive experience with us. I will be sure to pass on your encouraging feedback to the team. Thank you once again Belinda, we wish you the best of luck and continue to enjoy your new home. Regards, Ned Customer Care - Mimosa Homes

Happy with our family home

The entire build was managed well.
We are very happy with the workmanship and build quality of our new home.
Any issues or concerns we did have during the build were resolved.
There was no hidden surprises with costing. Everything was discussed and explained to us during the contract stage. Final cost was what it was expected to be.

Construction End DateDecember 2018
Hello ShaneB, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It great to read that your experience with us has been positive from beginning to end. I will be sure to pass on your encouraging words to the team at Mimosa. Thanks again ShaneB, We wish you the best of luck and continue to enjoy your new home. Best Regards Ned Mimosa Homes Customer Care

Great Experience all round!

Being our first time building the team at Mimosa Homes made this experience very easy and enjoyable. Customising our home was no problem and the team went out of their way to ensure everything was fantastic. We were really happy with our sales consultant Ross who was excellent. He was very knowledgeable and always got back to our calls and emails promptly. The communication from beginning to end was excellent. We were kept continually updated with emails, photos and phone calls when required between site inspections. Any issues that we had were solved quickly and professionally. We had a great experience during our colour selection and our construction supervisor Jason was also really good. There were no surprises when it came to build cost. The build price was exactly as quoted. Best of all is they were able to deliver it well within the promised timeframe! We are very happy with our house and would definitely recommend the team from Mimosa Homes!

Construction End DateJanuary 2019
Hello Mandeep, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It great to read that your experience with us has been positive from beginning to end. I will be sure to pass on your encouraging words to Ross and the team at Mimosa. Once again, thank you for your feedback and for choosing Mimosa Homes. We wish you the best of luck and continue to enjoy your new home. Best Regards Ned Mimosa Homes Customer Care

Great experience

This is our second home built by Mimosa Homes and we are extremely happy with it. The whole process has been seamless and hassle free. Our customer care consultant Brigitte and supervisor Jason were always quick to respond to any queries or concerns we had. Our sales consultant Bianca was extremely helpful even after construction commenced. Would highly recommend Mimosa Homes.

Construction End DateFebruary 2019
Dear UDK, Thank you for choosing Mimosa Homes once again, a returning client is always a great compliment. It's fantastic to read that you have had a great experience with Mimosa Homes, I will be sure to pass on your positive feedback to Brigitte, Bianca and the team. We wish you all the best of luck and continue to enjoy your new home and we look forward to the opportunity of working with you again in the future. Best Regards, Ned Mimosa Homes Customer Care Team

So far exceeded expectations

Currently just past frame stage with Kim as the supervisor and Brendon as the construction manager.

Have had weekly updates as promised, all questions via e-mail answered without an issue and very little delay.

Building is ahead of where I expected(16 years construction background) it to be and so far looks good with the site very clean and fencing kept closed and in good condition and to my knowledge the supervisor is going past site daily.

After reading reviews we were nervous about building with them, the $250 admin fee on private inspector seems a little harsh and since I know the standards we declined to get one and with the very few issues they agreed to fix without a single if or but and no problems we will get that done.

The point we did not enjoy fully to date was pre-constriction, feel it might be slightly under staffed at the time we got to that stage but otherwise from sales with Huss to colours with Oliva and now construction with Kristen very smooth.

Hopefully the remainder of the build will continue on as strong as the start.

Build StageMid-Construction
Construction End DateMay 2019
Hello David, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the honest feedback given and I will be sure to pass this onto our Management team for consideration. It's great to read that your experience with us thus far has been positive and we look forward to handing you the keys to a brand new home very soon. Once again, thank you for your feedback and for choosing Mimosa Homes. Best Regards Ned Mimosa Homes Customer Care

Very Happy

Our site manager was very responsive to all our questions and concerns. Nothing is perfect but mostly workmanship is good. Most issues were dealt with quickly an efficiently. Price comparison was very similar.
Overall we were both happy with the building process, and are happy with the changes that were made to our house design from the initial floor plan that we had picked.

Construction End DateDec 2018
Hello Julie, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It's great to read that you are pleased with the level of customer service and quality you have received. Thank you again Julie for your positive words and feedback. We wish you all the best of luck and continue to enjoy your new home Best Regards, Ned Mimosa Homes Customer Care

Great experience - Fast completion – Excellent Service

This is my repeated times building with Mimosa Homes, from beginning to ending house design to job completion, I am so thankful to building consultant Ross who is a very professional and considerate man. The quality of the house is great and the time-frame of construction is earlier than expectation, the cost of construction is quite accurate, definitely I will recommend Mimosa Homes to my family and friends.

Construction End DateDecember 2018
Dear Sanjit, Thank you for your choosing Mimosa Homes once again. It brings us great pleasure to read that you have had a great experience with Mimosa Homes. I will be sure to pass on your positive feedback to Ross and the team. We wish you all the best of luck and continue to enjoy your new home and we look forward to the opportunity of working with you again in the future. Regards, Ned Customer Care - Mimosa Homes

Such an easy ride to take

From the initial deposit with the House Consultant to the Color Consultant through to the Construction Manager there were easy expectations and procedures set and met. My house was constructed within amazing timelines set. The standard options are amazing so the color appointment was easy and without disappointment.

Construction End DateDecember 2018
Hi Cheryl P, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It's great to read that you have had a positive experience with us. I will be sure to pass on your encouraging feedback to the team. Thank you once again Cheryl, we wish you the best of luck and continue to enjoy your new home. Regards, Ned Customer Care - Mimosa HomesMy pleasure,

Love our home thanks to Mimosa Homes!

We have been moving in to our new house built by Mimosa Homes for over a year now. I didn't want to write a review until now because I would like to see what is the afterward customer service like. And I am glad to say we are really happy with everything. From the sales person – Ross who we can’t thank enough, he was very professional and patient with us considering we changed our design 3 times, to all the assistance we received from head office, everyone was very professional and helpful. I have to mention our supervisor Nick too. He was always on top of things and communicate well. During construction, whenever there was something he was not satisfied, he would act on it straight away and get it fixed. Thank to him our house was built in time (5 months). As everyone knows, when you build a big house there will always be little hiccups. We had a few issues with plumbing, squeaky floor and noisy eaves, but all were solved very quickly and professionally without any problems. We truly love and enjoy our new home and we received a lot of comments how beautiful it is thanks to Mimosa homes!

Construction End DateJan 2019

Small Builder but good builder

It was good .There quality is excellent .

There are minute issues you will phase but the overall process is better than the big builders .
The cost was expected but some items were not existing when building and you need to choose what's available which is same with all other builders .

I have managed the building well in planned way and it went smooth and the site manager is good and flexible .

I would recommend mimosa is a good builder

Construction End DateDec 2018
Hi Raul, Congratulations on building your new home. Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your great review and providing us with your feedback on your building experience with us. It is wonderful to know how helpful and professional our team were and that they went above and beyond to deliver your beautiful home. Regards, Anne-Marie Customer Care - Mimosa Homes

So Happy with my Dream Home! Thank you Mimosa Homes!!!

Let me start by saying that I saw some negative reviews on here prior to signing up, but decided to trust my consultant and go ahead. People will not usually post a review to say they're happy, usually only to complain, but I felt like I had to share my experience.

I've had nothing but fantastic service from Mimosa Homes throughout the entire process. From the initial meetings to preparing the price estimate, to the meetings where we finalised and throughout the entire build, all staff members have been helpful and able to answer any of my questions.
Ross in particular was great do deal with. He got back to every single one of my emails and was very knowledgeable. He provided us with some great suggestions to save some money and improve on the house. The girls in colours were also great to deal with too. They were very patient and we got everything we wanted and it was mostly in their standard range.

We had a sloping site and we're a little concerned with site costs, but Mimosa provided us with a price approx $15,000 less than any other builder.

The number of options in the Mporium selection centre were amazing. We were able to pick everything to exactly match the look that we were trying to achieve. The workmanship and finished product fantastic. It was a little better than we had expected.

I would recommend Mimosa to anyone that is considering a new build.

Construction End DateDec 2018
Hi Stavros, Congratulations on building your new home. Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your great review and providing us with your positive feedback on your building experience with us. It is fantastic to know how helpful and professional our sales, colours and construction teams were during the building process and that they went above and beyond to deliver your beautiful home. Regards, Anne-Marie Customer Care - Mimosa Homes

You get what you pay for, Poor!

What can I say, what you pay is for what you get and I'm fed up with this builder.

I took the option of getting my house inspected for fix stage 3 months ago. Keep in mind this builder is the only one of its kind charging clients a $250 fee for booking in their own inspector which to me is just a pure scare tactic.

What would have happened if i didn't get an inspection? Would Mimosa had still fixed defects pointed out from the customer? I highly doubt it, what a joke!

There were a total of 22 defects which were all quite fixable except one which resulted in my garage brick work getting pulled down due to a height fault.

Around 3 months later my home had been on delay due to poor organizing skills from Mimosa and their priority.

Now days i'm ringing Mimosa chasing up updates and answers rather than being notified weekly.

This builders attitude simply reflects in the way they have handled this situation. Quick to build a house and claim stage payment, complete opposite for taking accountability for their mistakes and making it a priority to fix them as soon as possible.

I also would like to mention since my inspection report I have now been introduced to my third supervisor, yes third! How is a house meant to be completed efficiently and on time if there is always a constant mix of supervisors. This is a common trait for Mimosa and it's poor.

I hope this email brings attention forward to the people at Mimosa who actually care if there are any! Most importantly I hope this give insight to those thinking of using Mimosa.

At the end of the day the managements attitude is poor and it reflects through out this company.

I've been let down, thanks Mimosa.

Build StageMid-Construction
Construction End DateFebruary 2019
Hi Robert, We appreciate your feedback & honesty, it certainly is not the culture or branding of Mimosa Homes. We are sure you also understand, that there is often 2 sides to every storey and will certainly be investigating to ensure we learn & strengthen from your feedback. Our Operations Manager is looking into your comments and will contact you today to arrange a suitable time to meet with you personally on site and go through your concerns. Regards The Team at Mimosa HomesTwo sides to every story you mean? Around 3 months in delay, independent inspector reports, pulling down bricks to my garage, poor communication skills and organisation skills, false promises all speak for itself really. This is feedback on Mimosa performance over the duration of the build. The damage has been done for all I'm concerned. As I mentioned Mimosa don't take accountability for their mistakes. As your reply highlights "there is two sides of the story".Hi Robert, We appreciate your open and honest feedback and as explained previously our Operations Manager has personally spoken with you and did advise you that he was following up on your concerns. Your recent post on (Saturday 26th January) one day after this conversation with our Operations Manager really didn’t allow us time to investigate fully yet. We acknowledge that you have potentially experienced some delay and issues with your build, this is unfortunate and something we don’t deliberately set out to do. However, you yourself as a private inspector would and should know very well that sometimes some trades and people can make mistakes. All be it annoying, we do understand and sympathise with you in this situation. We have never ignored or dismissed you when contacted, and we have actioned your concerns. We are always willing to work with our clients in an attempt to ensure a positive outcome that appeases all involved. Again as previously advised we stand by our brand name & product and will always comply with BCA requirements and the Standards & Tolerances 2015 as per Australian Standards. Regards, Anne-Marie Customer Care - Mimosa Homes

The best customer service ive EVER experienced!

We originally chose a builder that went into liquidation. Choosing Mimosa after all that drama was a dream as they took the time to take us through EVERY single step, helped us with our colour selection with a professional interior designer (we didnt have this with the last builder that went into liquidation so it was a surprise to us), emailed us every fortnight to update on everything that was happening with the build, even sent us pictures of each stage as my husband and I could not get out to inspect the house until lock up stage. We even changed positions of our master bedroom and front lounge which was no issue with Mimosa and easy to change. And you know what, best decision to date as we are now in our beautiful home and dont regret anything. Even when we had issues with the next door builders using our land for their purpose which took alot of time, our site supervisor quickly fixed that. From who we had originally, to who we went through and now living in our home, its been a great experience dealing with Mimosa and everyone involved in the process to get us to completion!

Only reason for giving 4 stars is because of some minor cosmetic things to be fixed which we're fortunate that Mimosa has a 6 month contract to come and fix all cosmetics issues after handover so no big deal for us, but apart from that i would happily go through and build with Mimosa again, and rave on about them to family and friends!

Construction End DateDec 2018
Hi Lunafae, Congratulations on building your new home. Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your wonderful review and providing us with your feedback on your building experience with us. It is great to hear how helpful and professional all of our team have been and that they provided you with excellent customer service from start to finish after your experience with another builder who went into liquidation. We pride ourselves on helping our clients build their dream home and it sounds like we have done just that for you. We wish you all the best for the years to come while you create many happy memories in your new home. Regards, Anne-Marie Customer Care - Mimosa Homes

Marvelous! What a Mimosa ‘masterpiece’ and excellent support

From the first time my wife and I walked into the Mimosa Homes display home, we were very impressed. First with the layouts, designs and décor of the homes, then with the amazing customer service of the sales team. Ross in particular was excellent in his service, knowledge, kindness and in particular his genuine care to want to help us build our dream home. The Color Selection appointment was fantastic with every department being very knowledgeable in their field and helping us make some great choices for our home. Our home was part of the Lifestyle range and came with many great inclusions so only minimal upgrades were required.

Building a new home is always a journey from start to end. The journey is often daunting and overwhelming, but choosing a good builder makes it easier and Mimosa Homes is a wonderful home builder. With Mimosa Homes, the process is laid out from start to end, so you have an idea of the steps and the timeline of the build. You move from picking and customising your floor plan, to choosing your house's interior and exterior look and feel, to construction and inspection at each milestone stage, and then to completion and handover. So the plan is set clear by Mimosa Homes.
Helping us through the build process was our customer support and site supervisor, as problems arise or if we had any questions we contacted them. Having a good customer support (Chantelle, Catherine) and site supervisor Luke made the build much smoother as any issues were resolve capably and promptly.

In the end, we cannot be more pleased with the home. Mimosa Homes' build quality is fantastic, with some minor fixes need after handover, which were done promptly. Its been a worth wild journey, made easier with Mimosa Homes. I strongly recommend Mimosa Homes to build tour dream home.

Construction End DateNov 2018
Hi MD Anwar Pervez, Congratulations on building your new home. Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your fantastic review and providing us with your feedback on your building experience with us. We are so pleased to hear how much you both loved seeing your home come together. It is great to hear how helpful and professional our team have been from start to finish and that you received excellent customer service throughout from all involved. We wish you all the best for the years to come while you create many happy memories in your new home. Regards, Anne-Marie Customer Care - Mimosa Homes

TERRIBLE... If you're looking for a good experience building a home: AVOID

We moved into our new home in October. Our plumbing still doesn’t work and our power randomly shuts off throughout the day EVERY DAY. Today (a very hot Christmas Day) we spent the entire day without any power, no air conditioning and no way to cook food for our family. These builders have had every opportunity to fix these problems over the past 3 months and have showed absolutely no care or desire to resolve anything for us. Hopefully they start to take things a little more seriously and deliver us what we have already paid them for.
As for my experience as it stands now, Mimosa Homes should be avoided at all costs if you want to have a functional safe home.

Edit: 2/1/19
We were contacted by a very nice man representing Mimosa Homes...
He came to our home and made a list of the current problems to be fixed.
He has assured us that these things will be sorted out quickly.

Construction End DateOct 2018
Hi DBZ, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It is extremely unfortunate to read that your experience with us so far has been an unpleasant one especially over the Christmas break. I understand the issues which have been brought to the attention of our supervisor (which came to your home) are currently being rectified and addressed with our trades and suppliers. Please also keep in mind as some trades and suppliers are still on their Christmas break, these items will be rectified for you as soon as possible. Regards, Anne-Marie Customer Care - Mimosa Homes

Excellent customer service and My supervisor Nathan is good man , he did great job. Thanks for all

It's bit higher cost than I expect but it's okay because they have done good job. Our supervisor Nathan was good man and Chloe who look after during construction and she update every thing about construction on time and letting me know and making for ready all coming paperwork. Overall everyone have done great job and I got good Christmas gift as beautiful home. Thanks for everyone.

Construction End DateDec 2018
Hi Sohi, Congratulations on building your new home. Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your wonderful review and providing us with your feedback on your building experience with us. It is great to hear how helpful our construction team were and that they provided you with excellent customer service. We pride ourselves on helping our clients build their dream home and it's great to hear we provided you with your house keys prior to Christmas. We wish you all the best for the years to come while you create many happy memories in your new home. Regards, Anne-Marie Customer Care - Mimosa Homes

A welcome Christmas present delivered by Mimosa Homes

I have to say it's been a great experience engaging with Mimosa to build our new home. The sales process, involved us presenting many changes and Bianca's patience and professionalism stayed steadfast. Bernie was very transparent and thorough at contract signing which left us very clear and reassured. Colour selection was also a fun swift process with Tamara. The main building process, involved more changes to suit easement alterations and again we were all supported with well established procedures and processes. Mimosa have been excellent with their customer engagement throughout, providing regular communication updates and guiding us through the whole journey. We established a good working relationship with all staff encountered along the way, but in particular would like to acknowledge the efforts of our site supervisor (Kim) who was easy to engage with and consistently met our expectations with our different requests and needs.
We pressed for a our custom home to be completed before Christmas and Mimosa met the challenge delivering us a quality built home. We had appointed an independent building inspector for the different completion stages and sure there were some issues identified, but Mimosa dealt with them promptly, professionally and always manage expectations effectively with us.
Christmas will be much enjoyed this year in our brand new house - thanks very much Mimosa!!

Construction End DateDec 2018
Hi Glenn, Congratulations on building your new home. Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your wonderful review and providing us with your feedback on your building experience with us. It is great to hear how helpful and professional all of our team have been from sales to construction and that they provided you with excellent customer service from start to finish. We pride ourselves on helping our clients build their dream home and it's great to hear we provided you with your house keys prior to Christmas. We wish you all the best for the years to come while you create many happy memories in your new home. Regards, Anne-Marie Customer Care - Mimosa Homes

Excellent experience, highly recommend

First of all, Huss in Sales, was sensational, he was really patient and knowledgeable. Huge tick. We then had Ria internally deal with next, again sensational. Huge Tick.
The girls in the colour selection studio, really generous with time and guidance and we have a terrific home as we imagined it to be when we started. Huge tick.
We had Jason as our site supervisor, and not that I plan on building anytime soon again, i would enquire where he was working and request him specifically. Very professional and up front, has held up his word from day one. Huge tick.
All costs etc were as discussed, no hidden fees or gimmicks. Mimosa Homes have provided us with a great home and we are very thankful for all the team we have dealt with. Not one complaint.
A company is only as good as the people it has working for them, and Mimosa Homes has terrific people.
Really glad we chose them for this process.

A huge decider for us to go with Mimosa was the quick and attentive responses from Huss on initial enquiries. Other Builders didnt get back to us unless prompted 4 or 5 times.

It was a good vibe we got and we definitely recommend Mimosa Homes, upon completion of our beautiful new home.

Construction End DateDec 2018
Hi Dan, Congratulations on building your new home. Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your wonderful review and providing us with your feedback on your building experience with us. It is great to hear how helpful and professional all of our team have been from sales to construction and that they provided you with excellent customer service from start to finish. We pride ourselves on helping our clients build their dream home and it sounds like we have done just that. We wish you all the best for the years to come while you create many happy memories in your new home. Regards, Anne-Marie Customer Care - Mimosa Homes