Gem Windows and Doors

Gem Windows and Doors

See the Best Door & Window Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Pay extra for better quality

Ordered 2 sliding doors from Gem at Mulgrave. Were told they would be 2 months, 4 months after ordering they finally arrived & I think only because many calls were made asking about their delivery time. When they arrived they were very flimsy & of poor quality. We had to take the screens back as the joins in the corners didn't even line up or touch. That took about another month to get sorted. One set of the glass sliding doors is missing the safety marks on the glass so no one walks into them which are an Australian Standard. I visited the Mulgrave showroom & was told I would have to email head office about that issue, so I did & 5 months later I got a response asking if the issue had been sorted. I replied NO & raised a few other issues about the terrible quality of their products & have never heard back since. That was the 27th of Feb 2019, it's now August. I would highly recommend spending a little more money & getting quality doors & windows with far better customer service.

Store LocationMulgrave

Cannot give no stars

Ordered and paid in full $23,500. Delivery was a month late and short 11 windows, 3 highlights and 1 door. Denied they are missing despite driver knowing they were missing. All windows were damaged too.

Store LocationMcGrath’s Hill

BUYER BEWARE

Over 12 months ago GEM windows delivered the wrong doors, they agreed, we’re very apologetic then delivered and picked up wrong door eventually, which was wrong AGAIN. Then we’re once again very apologetic picked up and delivered the wrong door AGAIN. We still can not use the doors. They even asked us to follow up ourselves with their suppliers - who runs a business like this? Re- think if considering. One star rating is too much.

Crap Windows

I have been lied too they dont make their own windows the windows come from a third party, services is bad still waiting for a service call back it's been 6 months wasted of my money should of went some where else

Terrible customer service

Ordered a number of windows and sliding doors for my renovation.
A receiver was missing from one of the sliding doors.
Told these guys I will install the receiver if you simply send me the receiver. I thought this was more than reasonable given their mistake.
It's been over two months. Called and emailed more than 10 times. Still haven't received the receiver. (Can't lock the doors)
Will be happy to delete this review if you send me the missing receiver.
It appears to me this company is punctual and prompt only when they ask for the advance payment.

TERRIBLE

My order is poorly assembled, missing parts and I have waited more than 6 months for a service call. It would seem they have no intention of honouring any warranty or completing my delivery.

Poor condition

Upon removing foam and plastic packaging the window sleeves were grubby and marked. Response to my email expressing my disappointment was told that I signed off on picked up that the windows were in good condition that’s the mistake I made. I assumed that the windows would be in brand new condition (silly me). Future customers please remove plastic and foam packaging to thoroughly inspect windows as poor condition can’t be seen.

Excellent service. Great product

Windows were well made.
Picked up windows from store and I running a little late and the staff waited for me to pick up.
Fitting was easy and they work a treat

Very poor products and worst customer service

I ordered windows and doors for my new house beginning of last year (Jan 2018), I received them in two orders as I requested but first I receive the second one then the first and it was in Apr 2018 what was two months later (First should come end of Feb 2018). I reported that some parts were missing from two doors, one window was dislocated from the frame and some rubbers were not in place and they said they will fix it but the girl what was working on the service said is better to report everything at once and they will come only once no many times and I have one year to report everything. I agreed because they were not installed and I said is better to install then and I can check everything easily. The girl contact me in Sep to ask and I said I will send to her everything probably next month. I checked all windows and doors and I found nearly all of them have a small gap where are the joints on the frame. I made pictures and put note for every window and on end of Nov 2018 I sent many e-mails with explanation and pictures. I call them next day to confirm that they receive everything and I ask the guy (new one because the girl left) when I can expect answer. He said he send it to service department and he is waiting for them to tell me when they can come to fix this. After one week nothing happened I call them again and again still no answer. I ask the guy if I can talk to his manager and he said she is busy but she will call me back. Nothing happened and I call again next day and he said manager is sick today but she will be back on Monday so she will call me. Nothing happened again and I call again and ask can somebody tell me they are going to fix this and when? Answer was I don't know this case is in management now but they are busy during this period so I asked it's ok but tell me when you can do next year and still no answer till now. It's nearly one and a half month and they ignore my request. I am going to try one more time next week and then if they still ignore me I'll go through tribunal to resolve this. My advise is if you want to buy from them the best way is if they have in stock product what you need then you can see and check everything but if you have to order better pay a bit more somewhere else. I spent $20000 including two deliveries for my orders and I'll not give up till they do something to fix this not happy at all to be ignored for a long time with out any option to contact manager or owner of this company.

Happy customers

Good quality and price. Prompt and friendly service from the sales team. Would definitely recommend them to other people wanting windows and/or doors.

Daniel feedback

Guys in office great and prompt , and helpful, just a little disappointed with staff at pick up . No very helpful and bit rude . But on a positive would buy off Gem Windows again. Thanks Daniel

Fast service

I ordered 2 windows and they were delivered 48hrs later. Very impressed with this turn around time. All other companies told me 10-14 days.

Really good

Service and prompt service. Would recommend them to my fellow builder friends without a doubt .
I would also not hesitate to use them in the future

Great windows

The product we received was perfect, the staff at Minto where windows were ordered from were extremely helpful throughout whole process, can not recommend this store enough. Only problem was communication with head office about delivery, no confirmation email detailing when delivery was likely to take place.

Service was ok, product is atrocious

Recently ordered a window for a renovation I am doing, I spoke to the Minto store and ordered for it to be ready in 4 days. I was advised it was ready for pickup. The price was comparable with others I had received quotes from, but they were able to get it ready for me faster.

When I arrived they "forgot" the flyscreens that were clearly on the invoice, but if only that was the issue. On inspection the window is disgusting, there are several chips and crazes on the paint, it looks like they spray them with $5 cans of spray paint from Repco and no primer whatsoever. The glazing has silicone coming all around it and there are dents and bends on the metal frame.

It's a real shame, thankfully I didn't put my whole order through this company and just 1 small window, at least now I know never to go near them again.

It's pretty obvious from the other complaints on the site that there is no point complaining to management, so I've just gone straight to my credit card company to lodge a merchant chargeback as they didn't deliver a product in accordance with Australian Consumer Law.

Prompt manufacturing of the required products that I requested for purchase & great service to match!! Will be back to the future.

Gem of a Window

Pleasure to buy from.
Placed my order mid-day on the Tuesday and was available to pick up within 24hrs.
On Time, reliable and exactly what i ordered.

Excellent service

We placed a first time order over the phone and were able to pick up same day. Customer service was excellent and staff pleasant to deal with. We have just placed another order!

Excellent Service - informative, seamless & hassle free

Well trained customer service representatives that provided seamless coverage from product information, payment, pick-up procedure & warehouse handling. It was faultless from initial enquiry to pick-up.

Good communication, service and product

The person we dealt with was very patient with all of our questions. The consultation was very thorough to ensure we had the correct product for our needs and the quality of the door was excellent. Will definitely be a return customer