Greenfield Standard Series

Greenfield Standard Series Questions & Answers

17.5-32, 21, 21 (Steel Deck), 25-32 and 32 (Steel Deck)

62 questions from our users

Mike

Mikeasked

Standard Series

Any guide for replacing dead battery on a 15.5 32 fast cut ?

dumbo

dumboasked

Standard Series

Who sells them in Tasmania?

Aaron B.

Aaron B.asked

Fastcut Twin Briggs & Stratton 32 (Steel Deck)

I have 32 inch cut greeny and need to replace a front rim. Anyone know if any other rims fit please as it is way overpriced for a new one genuine. Cannot find a second hand one and need to get it fixed or get a new ride on basically. Thanks guys, Aaron

Alisa

Alisaasked

Fastcut Twin Briggs & Stratton 32 (Steel Deck)

Hi! I've got to replace a dead battery in a Greenfield Fastcut 32 ride-on mower, but can't work out how to release the old battery from its holding strap under the seat. Can anyone please guide me with this? Cheers and thanks!

victa vrx195-42

victa vrx195-42asked

Standard Series

why are the rear wheels on g/f really heavy can hardly lift them
Gerry

cathyryan8asked

Standard Series

How to remove front wheel from greenfield ride on

Chris4469

On the outside of the front axle/hub there is a little allen screw that holds the wheel collar/retainer to the axle. Once the screw is loosened and the collar removed the wheel 'should' slide off the axle. Problem is it only takes a small amount of rust or a burr on the axle and the hub bearings will not slide over. You will need to get a piece of sandpaper and remove all the rust or burrs from the protruding axle shaft before the hub will slide off. Use a liberal amount of WD40 to help it slide. Sometimes you may need to tap the hub from the other side using a piece of hard wood or whatever you can find to reach the hub. They can be (are usually) a right pain in da butt but persist.

Thanks that's very helpful

Mike

Mikeasked

Fastcut Twin Briggs & Stratton 25-32

Just purchased a greenfield 15.5 32 at an auction - having trouble disengaging the park brake, are there usually any problems with this ?

Kay H.

Kay H.asked

Standard Series

Could I have the tyre size for a Greenfield ride on Evolution 111 Mk 2A 11.5/30 please

John S.asked

Standard Series

Does anyone know. Is the red warning light (oil pressure) supposed to come on when you switch on the ignition prior to cranking? Greenfield 34 Fast Cut.

Chris4469

I would imagine so. There is no oil pressure until the motor is running.

John S.

Thanks. I thought that was the case. I must have a wiring problem.. I'm able to start the engine and it runs without problem.

Mowawizard

Mowawizardasked

Standard Series

Can the rear sprocket on a 34 inch fast cut be replaced ? I have removed it from the rear axle but cannot source a new one.

damo

damoasked

Standard Series

drive belt keeps shredding on my evolution 2000. any suggestions as to why? cheers

Ricky

My unit has now done over 500 hours and I replaced the drive belt for the first time at approx 450 hours. My only suggestion is you may be going from forward to reverse too quickly and not allowing the rotors to settle before changing direction.

Chris4469

Check all the pulleys for damage where the belt runs. Make sure they all spin freely and make sure the belt is routed and tensioned correctly and not contacting anything it shouldn't. Sometime something as simple as a stone can get caught. Once the belt starts to fray or gets a nick it won't be long before it shreds.

Guy

Guyasked

Standard Series

My greefield keeps stopping about 5 minutes after we start mowing.i have replaced the spark plug done the fuel is good.what do you think?

Chris4469

Sounds like fuel starvation. There is a fuel gauze strainer in the tank (accessible by removing the fuel tap or visually by looking in the tank) and possibly a fuel filter along the fuel line somewhere. Check both are clear and fuel hose is not kinked. Also make sure the airfilter is not dirty and blocked as this will act like a choke and cause the engine to overheat after a short time.

Alex6

Alex6asked

Standard Series

I recently had the alloy deck of my Greenfield 32" Fastcut welded due to all the cuts in it. The local welder did a great job. After about 10hrs of mowing, I again have the same problem and can't keep paying to have it welded. Could anyone advise me of a suitable type of welder to buy (at a reasonable price) so I can do it myself?

Rick. F

Rick. Fasked

Standard Series

I have a 25/42 about 3 years old with 110 hours. I’m finding out more about it and now believe it is one of the 1st one of a very poorly engineered model, particularly where the deck is concerned. I am constantly snapping belts and burning out pulleys. Now I’m having trouble sourcing new blades as I’ve heard greenfield are in administration. Any ideas? Can I change the cutting deck completely for a smaller deck? Will the swing away blades fit?

Chris4469

Rick, I'm unsure about switching to a smaller deck. It would appear the chassis is very similar to the smaller models so it could be quite possible. Snapping belts and burning out pulleys could be the result of over tightened belts, that said most belts have automatic tensioning so there may well be a tweek to rectify the issue. I'd recommend talking to a dealer who has experience with Greenfield. Bill Jackson Mowerland have plenty of experience so that maybe a good place to obtain some helpful advice. Good luck.

Fio

Fioasked

Standard Series

hi all used my Greenfield today and had trouble getting it to go in reverse, at end of day I got of mower and left it running while I shut gate and it went forward. I am guessing I have done something to the accelerator cable?? can I fix it or does it have to go to repairer ? any ideas on cost? Thank

Isit Just-iceasked

Fastcut Twin Briggs & Stratton 17.5-32

I bought a new Greenfield 32 Fastcut and the mower just didn't start. I found out that the solenoid needs replacing but there are no spare parts anywhere in Australia It has to come from overseas. Why are there no spare parts available when it's supposed to be an Australian company?

Ricky

Australian company making the mower but the workings (things that make it go) of the mower are probably all made overseas EG Briggs and Stratton engine. I find it very unusual that a brand new mower wouldn't start and needed a solenoid replaced. Maybe the dealer you purchased it from should have scavenged a solenoid from another new mower to get you going - very poor customer relations.

Chris4469

I can't imagine that the solenoid would not be available. Just about any aftermarket 12v starter solenoid should work and just about all mower repair shops should know this. Try Bill Jacksons Mowerland Bris. (07) 3355 9222

Isit Just-ice

Thank you for your advice and comments. You've been most helpful! I discovered that the starter solenoid is available in Australia as it is a generic part which fits a number of other ride-ons, but the fuel solenoid that's required is in fact a Briggs & Stratton part which is made in the US and is not readily available in Australia - It has to be ordered from overseas. Still can't believe that these spare parts aren't available in Oz as there are so many mowers with Brigs & Stratton motors. Thanks again.

Pjv

Pjvasked

Standard Series

8 hp Greenfield what battery voltage?

Andrew

Andrewasked

Fastcut Twin Briggs & Stratton 17.5-32

G’day. Was using the battery on the mower to run the air compressor to pump up a tire. As I was using it the seat fell and I noticed smoke coming out near the battery and also from under the hood. Now when starting the engine will turn over enough but will not fire. Do you think this could now be a spark plug issue or something more like the electrics? Any help appreciated cheers.

Gary

Garyasked

Standard Series

How do I empty the grass catcher on my Greenfield ride on mower?

mal

malasked

Standard Series

I have a greenfield model 30", how do I get the rear wheel off?

Ricky

Unless you have a special "puller" take it to the dealer you purchased it from. The wheel is attached to the axle like the steering wheel on a car. Assuming you wish to change the tube (flat tyre) this can be done with the wheel on with a little bit of care and trouble.

Get an answer from our members and Greenfield representatives