Guide Dogs Pet Insurance Comprehensive Care

Guide Dogs Pet Insurance Comprehensive Care

• Claim Resolution Time1-2 months (3) · 1-2 weeks (2) · <1 week (2) · 3+ months (1) · 2-4 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (8) · No (2)
  • Incentivised Review Yes (4%) · No (96%)

dodgy insurance

very easy to set up. i do not believe it is good value, they are trying to get out of paying a legitimate claim. I am not happy and i will be changing insurers in the near future.

Claim DateJanuary 2020

Hi Bree,
I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would like the opportunity to look into this further for you and I have sent you a private message requesting some additional information.

Kelly Cr

Kelly CrPeel, WA

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeasy

From the first helpful phone call to the refund, the process was extremely easy. After the the claim was submitted an email was received thus knowing that everything was in process. Then....voila... money back and all was settled.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Nicola

NicolaPerth, WA

Great cover and customer service

Super easy to set up and make a claim and good value for money. It took roughly two weeks from making a claim to having the money being reimbursed and updates were easy to get.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Sandra

Sandra

Very disappointed with extremely poor claims process

My policy was very easy to set up but I do not believe it is good value.
My policy commenced in June 2019 and I lodged a claim in September 2019, it is now the end of December and it still has not been settled. I am continually being asked to provide more and more documents which I consider to be a stalling strategy.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Hi Sandra,
I am sorry to hear about your claim experience . I would like the opportunity to have a senior team member look into this further for you and I have sent you a private message requesting some additional information.

Hi Sandra,
Thank you for providing us the opportunity to look into your experience. I understand that a senior team member has contacted you about your claim and this has now been resolved.

Karen

KarenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great cover for their age

Have only been here a short time & needed help to set up.

Claim was relatively quick to sort out after a phone call.

Happy with the service so far & relatively cheap for 2 fur babies

Number of Pets2 pets
Pet Type(s) InsuredCat

Ashley

AshleyPerth, WA

Extremely pleasant experience

From day one Guide Dogs Pet Insurance has been great to deal with, quick with refunds and very helpful. We suffered a sudden loss of our 10 month old puppy and they refunded more than we expected from two emergency vets. They also went ahead and cancelled our policy for us so we didnt have to make that phone call. They also included their deepest sympathies on our loss which I thought was a lovely thing to do. Recommend them highly, but I recommend to get insurance THE MINUTE you bring a puppy home.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week

Hi Ashley,
We are pleased to hear you had a caring experience during such a difficult time. We really appreciate your feedback and will ensure that we share your comments with our Claims team.

Mar

Mar

Still not sure.

Average value. Several errors on certificate of insurance, entered correct details online and advised over phone several times. On review thinking of canceling for older dog as covers nothing needed.

Number of Pets2 pets

Hi Mar,
Thank you for providing these details. I will pass your feedback onto the relevant team to have a senior team member contact about your experience.

Hi Mar,
I understand that a senior team member has reached out to you by email and rectified Asher's details. Your feedback has also been passed onto the relevant team for coaching to be provided where appropriate.

complicated slow and unhappy

It seems a culture of sitting on a claim then finally send a letter in the post to say we need more information to process claim is acceptable. It's not.
No breakdown of claims when finally settled is very frustrating.

Claim DateSeptember 2019
Warren Meyers
Warren Meyers

I would like to discuss this as well however Im heading OS tonight for work back second week December can we prepare a time then?

Quick processing.

Super quick processing. Submitted it through the online portal and had a processed within about two days. Will definitely be recommending to other friends. Great experience and will be back

Justine

JustineRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Went to another company for a reason

Call centre representative have no idea, they dont return calls
Claims dont get done unless you continually call
Premium more than other companies for less inclusions. Not happy so went with another

Claim DateOctober 2019

Hi Justine,
We endeavour to provide excellent customer service and I am sorry to hear that this has not occurred on your recent contact with us. I have sent you a private message in regards to this.

Robyn

RobynPerth, WA

Easy andnon pushy

I wanted to support the guidedogs and found the switch to their insurance easy. Oz was very knowledgeable and answered any questions I had. I had reviewed them first and found the pricing very reasonable.

Hi Robyn,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to hear of the ease in which you were able to set up your policy and of the great service that you have received from our team.

Jenni

JenniGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not a good start

I sent in a form completed by my puppies vet regarding her knee joints to qualify for a waiver should she require joint surgery prior to having pet insurance for 6 months. I sent the form in the post within 14 days of the examination but received a letter to say the waiver form was not accepted as they received the form 5 business days after I sent it and to reapply I would need to visit the vet to complete the examination again, at my own cost. There is nothing wrong with my puppies joints BUT for a first experience with Guide Dog Pet Insurance ( Hollard underwriters) it was very disappointing how rigid they were.

Hi Jenni,

Haley was a great help.

Not able to provide a review of the insurance due to not using it yet. This survey is a bit odd due to receiving these questions the first day after signing up.

Hi Adric,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I am pleased to hear Haley was able to assist with setting up your policy.

Lidia L.

Lidia L.Sydney, NSW

Ticked all the boxes

Just setting up new insurance for our puppy 2 people I spoke to were very nice clear and not too pushy compared with other companies who were more aggressive in approach. I looked online first within 20 min I had a call, that was annoying initially but good at the same time. Cover is comprehensive and seemed to tick all the boxes we needed.

Ian

Ian

I feel Better knowing I can ensure my boy gets the best care.

I have just taken out the policy, and I'm happy with the price, at the same time some of my premiums go to the Guide Dogs. The consultant was excellent.

Number of Pets0 pets
Debra D.

Debra D.

I like it because its perfect for me and my dog

The policy was great value and l have not made a claim as yet and l have been with the company for about three weeks and when l spoke to the representative they where great

Joy

JoyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

They dont pay out on claims

The first claim I made for a eye ball laceration they knocked back saying in was an illness not accidental. I even had to get my vet to write a letter saying that it was an accident not injury. The PDS even said it was covered under Accidental Injury on page 29 and even then they knocked back a vet follow up visit. I have spent so much time and energy calling and emailing them, without full claim entitlements.
They outsource their claims department to overseas who do not understand and lack customer service skills.
I would go elsewhere.

Claim ApprovedNo

Hi Joy,
I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with your recent claiming experience. We would appreciate the opportunity to look into your experience and I have sent you a private message to obtain further information.

Katie

KatieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very happy

The lady I spoke to was great and very friendly and answered all of my questions and provided me the best information. I like how covered my boy is now.

Amy B

Amy BSouthwest, VIC

Amazing Customer Service!

Thank you to the extremely helpful staff member I spoke to on the phone to set up my new policy, 10/10! Would definitely recommend Guide Dogs Pet Insurance to my family and friends.

Hi Amy,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review and recommendation with us. I am thrilled to hear of the great service that you have received and that we can provide you with suitable cover.
Jessica

Great value for the benefit amounts.

Out of all the insurance, guide dogs Australia insurance is great value for money. Has higher rebates and lower premiums than other insurer's.
Also cruciate ligament amount is higher than other insurance companies.

Hi Evan,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, we really appreciate it. I am thrilled to hear that we can provide you with an affordable option that is suitable to your needs.

See all Guide Dogs Pet Insurance reviews