Guide Dogs Pet Insurance Comprehensive Care

Guide Dogs Pet Insurance Comprehensive Care

Jenni

JenniGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not a good start

I sent in a form completed by my puppies vet regarding her knee joints to qualify for a waiver should she require joint surgery prior to having pet insurance for 6 months. I sent the form in the post within 14 days of the examination but received a letter to say the waiver form was not accepted as they received the form 5 business days after I sent it and to reapply I would need to visit the vet to complete the examination again, at my own cost. There is nothing wrong with my puppies joints BUT for a first experience with Guide Dog Pet Insurance ( Hollard underwriters) it was very disappointing how rigid they were.

Haley was a great help.

Not able to provide a review of the insurance due to not using it yet. This survey is a bit odd due to receiving these questions the first day after signing up.

Hi Adric,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I am pleased to hear Haley was able to assist with setting up your policy.

Lidia L.

Lidia L.Sydney, NSW

Ticked all the boxes

Just setting up new insurance for our puppy 2 people I spoke to were very nice clear and not too pushy compared with other companies who were more aggressive in approach. I looked online first within 20 min I had a call, that was annoying initially but good at the same time. Cover is comprehensive and seemed to tick all the boxes we needed.

Ian

Ian

I feel Better knowing I can ensure my boy gets the best care.

I have just taken out the policy, and I'm happy with the price, at the same time some of my premiums go to the Guide Dogs. The consultant was excellent.

Number of Pets0 pets

Debra D.

Debra D.

I like it because its perfect for me and my dog

The policy was great value and l have not made a claim as yet and l have been with the company for about three weeks and when l spoke to the representative they where great

Joy

JoyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

They dont pay out on claims

The first claim I made for a eye ball laceration they knocked back saying in was an illness not accidental. I even had to get my vet to write a letter saying that it was an accident not injury. The PDS even said it was covered under Accidental Injury on page 29 and even then they knocked back a vet follow up visit. I have spent so much time and energy calling and emailing them, without full claim entitlements.
They outsource their claims department to overseas who do not understand and lack customer service skills.
I would go elsewhere.

Claim ApprovedNo

Hi Joy,
I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with your recent claiming experience. We would appreciate the opportunity to look into your experience and I have sent you a private message to obtain further information.

Katie

KatieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very happy

The lady I spoke to was great and very friendly and answered all of my questions and provided me the best information. I like how covered my boy is now.

Amy B

Amy BSouthwest, VIC

Amazing Customer Service!

Thank you to the extremely helpful staff member I spoke to on the phone to set up my new policy, 10/10! Would definitely recommend Guide Dogs Pet Insurance to my family and friends.

Hi Amy,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review and recommendation with us. I am thrilled to hear of the great service that you have received and that we can provide you with suitable cover.
Jessica

Great value for the benefit amounts.

Out of all the insurance, guide dogs Australia insurance is great value for money. Has higher rebates and lower premiums than other insurer's.
Also cruciate ligament amount is higher than other insurance companies.

Hi Evan,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, we really appreciate it. I am thrilled to hear that we can provide you with an affordable option that is suitable to your needs.

Rochelle

RochelleGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing choices

Great value for what you get and it’s our first time insurance for our puppy and we are very glad to have joined and it’s a bonus to get first month free

Hi Rochelle,
What a wonderful review. We are thrilled to provide you with cover suitable to your puppy’s needs and pleased that you liked the choices available when signing up. Welcome the Guide Dog family.

Don

DonHunter Region, NSW

Peace of mind

I was told to review Guide Dogs Insurance before making a decision on pet insurance. I am pleased I did. Your staff member was excellent and very informative. Good value for money and peace of mind.

Aaliyah e.

Aaliyah e.South East Queensland, QLD

I feel happy now my 2 pup's are safely covered

I was impressed with the help on the phone & how quickly you rang me back. I have 2 pup's that l feel are safe now they are both covered just in case of any thing .pups6have no fear so best to javr covered them young .

Hi Aaliyah,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. I am delighted to hear that we have been able to provide you with suitable cover and with the peace of mind, knowing that your two pup's are covered.

Fast & Efficient

Exactly what you want from an insurer. The claim was paid within 2 days of submitting enabling us to spend the time with a sick dog rather the sorting the $$

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateAugust 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Plhi

PlhiSydney Surrounds, NSW

Value for money

After some research, I found this policy the best value for money compared with other insurances.
Easy to browse and set up online.
I’ve just started, so can’t comment on how it is to lodge a claim yet.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Sonya

SonyaDarwin, NT

Great value but difficult to maje payment to start policy

After looking at umpteen different policies, settled on Guide Dogs pet ins as it has the highest capping of $15,000 for their Silver policy. There were slightly cheaper policies on market which would have been almost as good eg RSPCA.
However, i couldn't pay for the policy and not because i didnt have the $! After several days n repeated tries, i gave up!!! Site kept pausing. Was contacted umpteen times by telemarketers and ended up purchasing it on phone, but not before she also had trouble setting it up.
Policy might seem to have a lot of benefits, but if the past week of nonsense with trying to start policy is anything to go by, we will be having a Very rocky relationship!

Hi Sonya,
I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would like the opportunity to look into this further for you and I have sent you a private message requesting some additional information.

Wayne

WaynePerth, WA

Well explained and cheaper than my other insurance provider with a lower excess and more coverage for items that can be claimed. My current insurer has a high excess so only able to make one small claim in past 18 months.

Number of Pets2 pets

Hi Wayne,
Thank you for your kind review. It is a pleasure to hear that we can provide you suitable cover and peace of mind and that you like the lower excess on your policy. Welcome to the Guide Dogs community.

Josef Senisin

Josef SenisinRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Essential if you have a pet

Expensive but if you have to claim you will be way in front
Easy to set up and easy to make claims
We have been with guide dogs for over 1 year and glad we joined as we had a incident which we are glad we had insurance

Number of Pets2 pets
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJuly 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Hi Josef Senisin,
Thank you for you for sharing your experience with others. We are pleased to hear the ease in which you were able to set up this policy and make a claim. We appreciate, your support.

See all Guide Dogs Pet Insurance reviews