Hall & Hart Homes

Hall & Hart Homes

The only builder we will ever use!

Overall we have been very impressed with Hall and Hart and would recommend them to anyone else wanting to build.

From the minute we entered the sales office at Kellyville we were hooked. We’d been looking for our perfect home for many months and had not been having much success. After visiting several the other display homes sales centres and basically being treated very rudely walking into Hall and Hart was a breath of fresh air. Shaun welcomed us right from the get-go and took the time to listen to what we were looking for and at no point made us feel like he was just trying to sell a house. He helped us design the exact house we were looking for. The house we were looking at wasn’t built at the display village so he took the time to walk us between the houses on show so we could try and get a visual of what each room may look like, (e.g. this kitchen with that bedroom size from each house). In this case I’d honestly say that Shaun was the salesman we needed after such a difficult morning (plus it was 40 degrees outside which didn’t help).

We did things a little un-conventially and had chosen our house before finding the right size block of land. This took around six months more but when we returned Shaun remembered us, had kept notes on what we wanted and worked with us to create the perfect package. At no point was he pushy and he answered my constant stream of questions with a smile.

The team at Hall and Hart were great over the coming months. The registration of our land was delayed but Maddie in the office kept things moving with the house so that when the time came and the land registered, we’d be ready to go. She was incredibly helpful and again more than happy to answer my insane number of questions with a smile.

We did have some issues and faced a delay when it came to the legal/paperwork side of things once the land registered. It seemed out constant stream of progress halted, and we lost a few months. This came down to a lack of communication by staff and the fact that the company had grown exponentially with more builds than must have been anticipated so effectively the staff were overworked. Now while not helpful as we were living in temporary accommodation and needing to keep things moving when I raised these issues with senior staff they were dealt with swiftly and I was informed they’d hired more staff though that didn’t really help the months we’d lost. Going forward I wouldn’t expect anyone to experience any such communication issues or delays.

Once construction began the ride returned to being smooth. Joel was our construction manager and his attitude reflected the Hall and Hart brand. He was always happy to answer questions and went out of his way to be helpful whether it was agreeing to a late site visit or working with us to build our dream home. Overall, we had little cause for concern during the build as we knew he had the situation well in hand and was onto issues before we were even aware of them.

As far as cost goes there have been no hidden fees or anything come up that we were not prepared for or forewarned about. The team were very honest from day-dot what the price structure would be and what was expected from us. Thanks to this we have been able to budget accordingly and are super keen to move into our home very soon!

I’d recommend Hall and Hart to anyone as they are a rare kind of builder. They are happy to create a house that suits you (with no extra costs – in fact we saved money as we removed certain elements), they seem genuinely happy to be helping you and make you feel comfortable with the process as they guide you step to step.

Thank you Hall & Hart!

Construction End DateSeptember 2019

I have recommended Hall & Hart to my friends

I don't have any technical experience in building works. I went ahead and completed a knocked-down-rebuilt project in Willoughby area, despite friends warned that there will be a lot of problems throughout the project.

I am glad that I have made the right choice of selecting Hall & Hart and thanks to Jeremy, my building manager, the built was smooth and easy.

My experiences:
• Transparent and Fixed Fees – No hidden fees, all fees are transparent and fixed fees won’t increase once agreed.
• Ethical and Honest – Did not take advantage of my lack of building knowledge. All the issues identified during Stage inspection by a 3rd party inspector have been attended to. (My friend was surprised that Hall & Hart accepted all of inspector requests. From his experience, his builder always tried to persuade him to believe the issues are fine/over-the-top and no fix needed)
• Open and regular communications – I can ask any questions and I was aware of what is happening every week during the project.
• Flexible – I was able to add and make changes to building materials during Internal Lining and Fixed Out stage.
• Accommodating – After handover, I am not moving in straight away. I need to have the landscape and more internal fixed out customized. Jeremy was able to postpone the deadline for submitting maintenance requests to a later date after I actually move-in.
• Above and beyond – I have requested for paint touch ups and Jeremy was able to sort out the issues I have with the skirting as well.

Construction End DateDecember 2018
Thank you for your comments, it is very rewarding for the whole team to know that their efforts are appreciated Regards Neill

Simply Brilliant!!

From the very first moment we started to talk with Hall & Hart about building our home we knew the experience was going to be a good one. There was no high pressure sales, The entire team no matter who we dealt with at the pre construction stage, were extremely knowledgeable, helpful and most of all, listen to what we wanted then made it happen. They were always upfront with the costs and never at any stage under delivered on what was promised. Michael our building Manager managed the build to perfection. He continually updated us on the progress and always attended to any issue in a attentive and professional manner. Nothing was ever too much trouble. The end result was just what we wanted and more!! The final cost of our build came within a few hundred dollars of our estimate.

Construction End DateApr 2018

Professional and amazing communication throughout the entire process!

Hall & Hart has made our entire building process so easy as you’re guided through each step from external to internal selections. There’s a lot of communication as soon as building starts, with weekly email updates as to what will be scheduled and completed so that you know what’s happening and makes any changes easily managed.

Joel has gone above and beyond with all our requests. He has worked with us on any design defects/problems that we encountered and provided solutions until we were satisfied with the outcome. The level of care, follow ups and professionalism is there even after handover which is rarely seen with other builders.

Exceptional experience with Hall & Hart

When we first visited the Hall Hart display homes in Kellyville, we were greeted with such warmth by Sean and John who are experts in their field. As we are first home builders, we did not know what we were looking for, or how to best build to suit our block. The expertise that both Sean and John lead us to build our dream home design. At no point did we ever feel like just a number during the sales process, instead both Sean and John spent hours looking after us to make sure we had the perfect design for us.

After the post sales process, the hospitality and exceptional customer service we received was again second to none. We give a huge shout out to the girls in the office that we liaise with, Maddie is an expert at colours and selections, she gave us so much advice and we learnt so much in designing our dream home. Without her guidance, I don't believe we would be as happy as we are with our selections. Simone and Jess were so great in handling all of our compliances, council submissions and construction certificate. Even though we experienced delays in getting our council approval and construction certificate to begin construction, we were always kept in the loop, and Simone and Jess went above and beyond to making sure we would start construction as quickly as possible. Even though Simone had already finished for the day, the day we received our construction certificate, late at night she let us know the good news and we can't thank her enough for that. The effort that the girls put in to our build, and to keep us informed (most of the time daily) really really showed why Hall & Hart have such a great reputation. I would also like to give kudos to Elli who always answered my numerous calls when contacting the office and is an absolute pleasure to deal with.

This has then led us to construction where due to a change in Hall and Hart structure, we had Lance to manage our slab and afterwards, Ryan has managed the rest of our construction to date. I can't stress enough how good the service is that Hall & Hart offer you from the beginning to the end. The attention to detail that the site supervisors pay to your construction is again second to none. The pace that our build is progressing at is extremely quick, even our neighbours are commenting on this. We are always informed with weekly updates of the progress of our construction and both Ryan and Lance have been extremely quick in answering any questions that we have. We have regular contact with Ryan and Lance and this has made a process that should be stressful, to an extraordinary experience that is really stress-free. This is honestly the easiest part of the whole process and that comes down to great site supervisors who are on top of your build. We have shown our families who come from a construction background and again they have commented on the workmanship that Hall & Hart display. The value and inclusions that Hall & Hart offer is above and beyond other builders (we spent over a year finding the right builder) and we are extremely satisfied with the level of quality and value we have received.

I can't give enough kudos to all of the Hall & Hart team. If we do build again, I would no doubt be choosing Hall & Hart to manage our build due to the ease, the level of customer service and quality of workmanship. They add that little extra factor in customising your home to suit your needs, and will tell you straight up if something will not work. This has been extremely beneficial since we genuinely felt Hall & Hart wanted the best for us as we are first home builders and I absolutely guarantee that this would be the same for other customers going through the same process with Hall & Hart.

Thank you so much Hall & Hart and everyone we have been in contact with from your team, you guys are absolute gold! Keep up the great work!

Construction End DateSeptember 2019
Hi Frank , on behalf of the whole team thank you for your kind words. It is always great to know that the extra effort is appreciated . Regards Neill E

Great group of people to work with!

After considering a number of project builders as well as custom builders, we finally chose Hall & Hart Homes because they had good designs, reasonable prices and most importantly, were willing to make changes to accommodate our requirements. We chose the Elyse design as the starting point as it was the closest match to our requirements and then proceeded to make significant structural layout changes. The team at H&H (Chris, Maddie & Jessica) were extremely patient and helpful throughout the whole process, including the many, many design iterations we undertook.

Construction began in Nov 2018 and we are now mid-way with all external walls completed. Our site supervisors (Lance and now, Ryan) have been wonderful and customer focussed. They have kept us up to date on a weekly basis and are always available by phone or email. As with any complex project, there are bound to be issues and things that we have missed during the design phase, but it’s how the builder and the team deal with these unexpected issues that matter most. To date, we have had no major issues arise. There were a couple of things that have been missed but all were quickly rectified as soon as it was discovered. Lance and Ryan were also very helpful with their practical advice and ideas, such as when we wanted to make design changes to one of the bedrooms.

Whilst we mostly communicate with the site supervisors during the construction process, last week we had the opportunity to meet many of the electricians and other tradesmen onsite. What struck us most was the wonderful team spirit amongst the tradesmen. In all our discussions, the tradesmen were all friendly and polite.

From what we have experienced thus far, the building quality and attention to detail have been excellent. This is our 3rd building process and I must say, the most enjoyable and stress free one. We would recommend Hall & Hart most highly.

Build StageMid-Construction
Hi Kelvin, Thank you for your kind words, it is great to know that the extra effort everyone in the team puts in is appreciated. Kind Regards Neill E

Great people to work with

I have been through the building process couple of times with different builders and I rank Hall & Hart at top so far. Few highlighted items:
- inclusions and quality of product is really great
- keep you timely informed about the construction
- set right expectations
- amazing supervisors

Construction End DateJune 2019
Hi Fawad, thank you for your kind words it has been a pleasure working with you to create your new home. Regards Hall and Hart Team

I made the right Choice,Hall & Hart proved me Right.

I was referred by a good friend to Hall & Hart. Knock down rebuild specialists. Good house designs, good inclusions, good price.
Hall & Hart has very ambitious team. Well spoken, well mannered professional and excellent in communication. A business prospers if the people who runs business respects customers.
Pre construction was lengthy but because we changed many things to suit our need. But they were patient with us and happily agreed with all changes.
I am now in the middle of construction. At first Lance and now Ryan the two site supervisors. I think I am lucky to have them. Always there to talk and give feed back. Weekly update regularly coming. Ryan is very helpful. Always smiling and goes out of his way to help. I am happy with the construction progress. Still long way to go but I think we will get the house complete before schedule. Let’s hope.

August 14th 2019 Update: Perfect builder perfect outcomes perfect communications

From the start to almost finish which is month away. Very very good builder. I am so excited and so happy to get on board with Hall & Hart and started this journey last year. Now we are a month away from getting the keys. All I can say Thank you Hall & Hart for building my house. My construction supervisor Ryan is simply too good and a lovely person. I wish him success. Great team, great builder, great visions. Beautiful designs. I wish them success for the coming future.

Build StageMid-Construction

Excellent home building experience!

Building our first home has been easy and enjoyable with Hall & Hart homes. We have been impressed right from the start of the process, where Sean at Home World Kellyville gave us expert advice when we wanted to alter the floor plan of our 'Zara 26' home. Once we signed our tender, we were then assisted by Jessica and Maddie in the office, who were excellent with communication and always went above and beyond for us to ensure a smooth pre-construction process. The build started in December 2018 and is nearly finished - it has been much quicker than expected! Our site supervisor's Ryan and Joel have been amazing. They have sent us weekly updates about the progress of the build and their knowledge and expertise of building has been excellent. We are very excited to see the final product and can't wait to move in to our beautiful new home!

July 15th 2019 Update: Couldn’t be happier with our new home!

Our beautiful new home was completed last week. We are so happy with the quality of the build and the service from everyone at Hall and Hart homes. A big thanks to Joel, our supervisor for keeping us in the loop through the whole process and getting everything sorted in a timely manner. Would highly recommend this company!

Construction End DateJuly 2019

Lived up to their excellent reputation

Hall & Hart came highly recommended to us and I have to say the experience so far has lived up to their reputation. We found them to be highly organised during the selections process and now that the build is well under way, our site supervisor Jeremy has done a fantastic job keeping us in the loop and managing a high quality build. Having built many times before we were nervous about trying a new company, but we couldn't be happier with the decision and would definitely build with them again. They have been very accommodating with all of our requests and demonstrated a level of flexibility we were not expecting from a company of their size. We are excited to see the rest of the build come together to finish off what is an amazing house.

Build StageMid-Construction
Hi Idette, thank you for your wonderful review. We are looking forward to completing your home and wish you many happy memories. The team at Hall & Hart Homes.

A build that exceeded our expectations!

We would highly recommend Hall & Hart to anyone looking to build a home! We really did receive a custom home service for a project home price with the service and support from the Hall & Hart team making the process nothing but positive.

We came across Hall & Hart at Kellyville Homeworld and the customer service we received from Sean when we first walked in to when we signed the tender carried out throughout the process. He allowed us to make changes straight away to the plan to make it work for us and the tender price he gave us was spot on - no hidden surprises down the track.

After signing up we began the pre-build process, during this time we worked and met with directors in the business. Coming from a family of builders everyone had an opinion on the plans and every time we went back with a change there was never an issue, we were always put first as the customer and changes were accommodated. We chose to upgrade a few things and the final build price was still much less to what all other builders we saw quoted us as a starting price for a two-storey. I was going through the process with a friend at work who was building with a larger well known company and as we were comparing there were so many things that were a standard inclusion with Hall & Hart that she was having to pay to upgrade.

After all selections were done and approvals were in we started the build in early 2018 with handover in November 2018. We had such a positive build process, we were surprised with our slab when we went to meet our site supervisor and the positive experiences continued. We were given a weekly update via email on progress, even including photos for the period we were on holiday. Ryan our supervisor was across everything that was going on, he was very responsive and could answer any question when asked. Anything that came up throughout the process, as you expect when building, were communicated quickly so we could make decisions on how to proceed. I know Hall & Hart don’t over commit to the number of builds to ensure the service remains high and we really felt this, when dealing with Ryan it always felt as if we were the only house he was looking after.

In terms of the quality of build, my dad is a builder himself and attended all of our site inspections. He was impressed the entire way through with the knowledge from the supervisors and the quality of build. They let us be picky with the small things such as the paint. The first thing our neighbours said when we moved in was our builders looked great, they couldn’t believe that there was always someone working on the house.

We have been in our home for two months now and absolutely love it! Our supervisor Ryan is also looking after our post construction and he still goes above and beyond, anything we have picked up has been quickly fixed by the team and he is still as responsive as he was before the final payment. We would highly recommend Hall & Hart!

Construction End DateNov 2018

Wonderful people, quality product and hassle-free build process!

These days trust is by far more difficult to build and Hall and Hart Homes has done everything right to gain ours back to building business, which has left with few trustworthy players! From the initial consultation with sales rep to final completion and handover we had absolute pleasure working with these beautiful people with exceptional integrity among every team member. It indeed requires a very strong business discipline to drive everyone and every step toward customer satisfaction and quality products. I very picky when it comes to subcontracting work and spent months to research compare and select my ideal contractor and I am pretty confident that I found one of the best in the business. We loved these guys so much that started the 2nd project (a duplex) before finishing the 1st one! I don't want to go against other businesses but had some horrible experiences with few big players in the market and have had none of those with H&H Homes.
Pros:
- Initial price estimate was very close to final contract value
- Great build time with no disruption,
- Change in design in multiple times without feeling on pressure with no additional cost prior to DA submission
- Very reasonable upgrades/variation pricing
- Great presence of top management, supporting whole process from tender presentation to handover
- Exceptional customer service experience through built process absolute pleasure and hassle free. Weekly updates of what was completed and what was planned was very helpful
- Very friendly and responsible site supervisors supported by the construction manager
- Plus much more …

Cons:
- Selections process through 3rd party selection centres were a bit overwhelming
- Few items were non-conforming to design which wasn't picked by the supervisor, however they were rectified to match, (slightly added to construction time but still project completed within the contract time frame)
- And last but not least, there is only one of them in the town!!!

Construction End DateSep 2018

Positive Experience

We had overall very positive experience of building our home with Hall & Hart and we are satisfied with the quality of the building. The site manager Joel was easy to deal with and he was always very prompt in his response to any of our queries. The post construction issues are being dealt with responsibly. The construction was completed within the initially estimated time of 10 months.

Construction End DateJun 2018
Hi Dus, many thanks for your feedback. We wish you all the best in your new home. Kind Regards, Hall & Hart homes.

Hall and Hart has just completed our house and it has been a great experience from start to finish.

Everyone in the team at Hall and Hart has been very approachable, prompt and helpful throughout the entire process.

In getting the tender done, Sean was really very helpful and understood our needs, such that the final tender price was not an unwelcome surprise. His way of facing the challenges of construction a home was our first attraction to Hall and Hart. We built Zara with variations to include visitor's room with en-suite, alfresco, walk-in pantry and downstairs area. These variations were included within a reasonable budget.

Some of Hall and Hart's inclusions in the premium package are upgrades in many other builders, which gave us more options to choose from. We had huge range to select from at Beaumont Tiles, General Stairs and Home Options, within the premium package.

We had a great experience with Lance and Joel, our construction supervisors who took us through all stages of building. Joel has gone out of the way to meet us outside working hours and his thoughtfulness and professionalism is much appreciated. Joel also sent us weekly updates by email and arranged walk throughs at each stage of completion.

Our house is now completed just the way we want it. Thank you Hall and Hart!

We have no hesitation in giving 5-star rating and we recommend Hall & Hart to anyone looking for a reliable builder.

Construction End DateDec 2018
Hi Iris, thank you very much for your great feedback. We wish you all the best in your beautiful new home. Kind Regards, Hall & Hart Homes

Extremely happy!

We are currently mid way through our build and we couldn’t be happier! The quality of the build so far is excellent. The communication between our site manager Ryan and ourselves couldn’t be better. We are extremely impressed that when any issues have arisen, we have never been stressed, because they are immediately resolved to our satisfaction. We have also been able to communicate at anytime with one of the directors Chris which has also been extremely reassuring. Chris mentioned at the very beginning that Hall and Hart pride themselves on building and maintaining an excellent reputation, and to date, they have upheld all promises made regarding building us a high quality home.

Even though our build is still not complete, I am writing this review because Hall and Hart deserves it. We have the upmost confidence in Hall and Hart handing over our dream home, built with a high quality finish. We would recommend them every time, and would never build with anyone else.

Construction End DateMar 2019
Hi Denisa, many thanks for your great feedback. We look forward to completing your dream home. The team at Hall & Hart Homes.

Great experience to date

We are currently approaching practical completion and so far build has been tracking well in both finishes and build time. H&H appear to be very well organised from the initial drafting/planning stage to the construction stage. The communication has been great as we receive weekly e-mail updates on build progress and phone calls are returned. Attention to detail and willingness to work through rectifications is also there which we are very pleased with and this is credit to our site supervisor. Nothing is too hard to address. As we approach completion we are in a position where we would recommend H&H as a builder for both experienced and new comers to the building game.

Construction End DateJan 2019
Hi James, thank you very much for your feedback. We wish you all the best in your beautiful new home. Kind Regards, Hall & Hart Homes.

Great builder with wonderful performance and high quality outcome

If you are looking for a builder who cares about high quality outcome and customer satisfaction, we highly recommend Hall and Hart. We've just moved into our first home built by this amazing team.
We had a great experience with our construction supervisors, Joel and Lance, who took us through all stages of the building. Their kindness, professionalism, passion for high quality and attention to details is much appreciated.
Our 3 bedroom house was in capable hands of Hall and Hart team who left no room for worry for us. They delivered great support from the beginning to the end. keep up the fantastic job!

Construction End DateNov 2018
Hi Ali, on behalf of the whole team at Hall and Hart, thank you for the great feedback and comments. We wish you all the best in your beautiful new home. The Hall & Hart Team.

Dream experience, quality product, and wonderful team

My husband and I were initially tentative building our first home because we had heard so many horror stories of people building. I took my time determining a builder and after researching for a year my husband and I signed with Hall and Hart. Its been one of the best decisions we've ever made. Building a home is momentous occasion, a joyous opportunity and significant life step and H&H made it easy and enjoyable.

From the first meeting we had with sales through to every selection appt. and now 3 months after handover we have been impressed with Hall and Hart staff, their product, and their process. They have been kind, honest and very flexible with what my husband and I wanted in our home.

Some of our highlights of the Hall and Hart experience:
-We knew all costs upfront: there have been no hidden charges in the whole process.
-We chose 'premium' in our house package and selections were many at each appt. At each appt. I was impressed by the great range we could choose from: colours, tiles, flooring, etc. I was so overwhelmed with tiles (in good way) because we could choose from half of the store!
-We were guided through a clear process and the team were always responsive to our many calls and emails (Thanks Maddie, Joel, and Lance!). They didn't mind explaining everything, even more than once -we had lots of questions because we've never done anything like this before.
-Hall and Hart team: Quality is the H&H distinctive. Every team member we encountered were passionate about quality workmanship and being proud of the finished product. We never felt like our dream home was just another one on the assembly line.
-Access to house during building process: we got to see the house with the site supervisor before H&H invoiced us for each stage of build to ensure we were happy with the work, to ask questions, etc. Each site appt. was about 1.5-2 hours long and we were never rushed by the team. They answered every question and helped us understand the process and get a feel for the final product.
-Even how the worksite was kept clean, ordered was impressive!
-H&H completed our dbl story home months earlier than the contract time. We received weekly updates and there was movement forward every week.
-Flexibility: From floorpan changes to even working with me to ensure I would have the right support beams in the right places in the building for where I wanted to put chandeliers, etc. the team were as flexible as they could be.
-Communication: We hardly went 3 business days without hearing from H&H when we emailed questions, etc. We often would hear back on the same day.
-Pre handover walkthrough our site supervisor was more picky than us! He went over the house with us in every detail to ensure it was a quality product we would recieve.
-We are now 3 months in and our site supervisor has just come to do a post hand over maintenance follow up. He answered every question and fixed a few small things himself.
-Every time our site supervisor or one of the office team said they would follow something up, or check into something- it happened no problem.

I will say that if you struggle with administration and are not in the habit of being on top of your emails, paperwork, etc. you will find the process a challenge no matter the builder. Their processes were efficient and clear. My husband is organised and it helped us stay on top of what we needed to provide to H&H.

I know this sounds 'too good to be true' but it has been our experience. We really believe we built without compromises in building with Hall and Hart. We have no doubt who will build our next house when the time comes...

Construction End DateJul 2018
Hi Katie, thanks so much for the great feedback. It's been an absolute pleasure building your home and on behalf of the team at Hall & Hart Homes, we wish you many happy memories in the years to come.

Outstanding Builders

We are in the process building our family home. Our project was a knock down rebuild on a site which had challenging access and a narrow frontage. Other project builders inflated their site costs and exacerbated the overall cost making us walk away from the build. Hall and Hart took on the challenge of building our dream home making our journey smooth and stress free, meeting all our construction and design requirements. This company dealt with all limitations the site offered, making strategic construction decisions along the way. Hall and Hart provided quality, well priced inclusions including their partnering suppliers providing professional advice. The experience so far from post construction until the fix out stage has been amazing. The entire team at Hall and Hart have been helpful, responsive and approachable throughout the entire process. They replied to all emails and requests in an open and transparent manner.
We had direct access with our construction manager who was always proactive by returning all our calls by COB. He repaired and attended all issues that we addressed at every stage. He was very particular to every detail and always tried his best to meet our needs and answer our "100" questions.
The construction manager arranged staged multiple walk throughs and provided weekly update email reports advising of next trade attendance.
I will continue writing this amazing experience once we are fully completed and are living in the home.... so far this company has committed and delivered above and beyond our expectations..we are looking forward to moving in and enjoying our new home with our family and friends.
Happy to provide any recommendations over the phone or email

Construction End DateDec 2018
Hi Toula, On behalf of the whole team at Hall and Hart i would like to thank you very much for your comments and wish you all the best in your beautiful new home. Kind Regards Neill

We couldn’t have asked for a more positive experience

We were drawn to the Elyse display at Home World Kellyville. It gave us the Wow factor with the bright atrium. The general layout of the house , although needed some tweaking, we thought would suit our young family’s needs. We proceeded to then sit down with Sean and from that moment, our experience with dealing with H&H set the tone.
Being a new builder and an underdog in an well established display village, there was no over the top staging of the homes to distracted us from the design and layout of the homes. Sean was a pleasure to deal with. No sales and marketing pitch just an all round great guy that went about cutting and pasting scaled copies of plans to suit how we wanted to redesign the house to suit. At the time, they had not had the design software in place although that didnt bother us - we could see the ideas in our head come together. Sean showed genuine interest in our needs and was flexible in accommodating our requirements which we found was often a push back from other builders. He was upfront and conservative with his quote which ended up being very close (a tad higher actually) then our final tender price so there were no surprises.
On getting our tender, we went through a thorough comparison of the build and inclusions with other builders - H&H came on top in terms of the quality inclusions and value. Their standard inclusions turned out to be many other builders’ upgrades. This was also verified during the selection process with suppliers as we would often be picking styles from the premium range. There were only a few times we chose to upgrade fittings or fixtures.
When we decided to proceed to execute the tender, Chris led us through the tender in detail . He explained all the costings behind certain modifications and he also gave us input into building code requirements ie bush fire BAL ratings, cut and fill. They were knowledgeable with regards to set backs and BAL ratings as our site has an Asset Protection Zone (APZ) and easements that affected our site and how it impacted on our build and how we would work around that.
After tender, we met with Nick, one of the directors, to go through the build contract. It was reassuring for us to meet with a director and feel that they valued our business and our input.
The colours and selections process was seamless and well managed by Maddie with multiple consultants. She arranged to suit and schedules , which is no easy task. She also helped with the colour selections for the external and internal of our house which we’re very happy with now, to see the colours in the flesh.
During the DA process, there were some challenges with our block due to the APZ and BAL rating which delayed things and were out of control of H&H and Simone the compliance officer always kept us up to date and followed up with council, RFS and our fire consultant as to progress.
On successful approval of our DA, it was within 2 weeks that action began on our site (exciting times!) whilst waiting on the construction certificate (CC). It was not long after CC was approved that we met with our site supervisor Joel (JT).
JT has been the star of the build process and has really made this experience enjoyable and positive for us. His communication and transparency has been impeccable. His work ethic, hard work and good nature really made working with him a pleasure. He pushed hard for our slab to be laid the day before Xmas break so that the build could start soon after the NY break. He’s firm with his trades and does what a great project manager does to ensure work is done on time and of the highest quality.
JT would often make recommendations to improve on certain things or even pick faults and address them immediately during the build process. The weekly email progress updates were insightful and gave us comfort that things were on track. If there were any delays, JT was on it and we would know with a call and a subsequent email. We knew what was going on each step of the way.
After each milestone during the build phase, we had thorough site visits with JT. We always looked forward to these as we could see it all come together which was very exciting for our family.
The complete build process took just over 8 months (Jan to Sept 2018). The result has been fantastic! We went through a defects process prior to hand over and any minor defects post handover that we identify will be rectified within the 3 months maintenance period to allow for us to settle in.
Now we are living in the property, JT has helped us out on a few occasions which were not necessarily his responsibility as a site supervisor which were are very appreciative of.
We cannot fault the quality of the home and the design. It is the entertainment and family home we had hoped for and our children love the space. We included a mud room and butlers pantry in our design and so glad that H&H could cater for that and saw our vision of what we wanted.
We did not expect building a home could be so stressfree and enjoyable. The experience has far beyond exceeded our expectations and we have raved on to our friends and family about our builder.
Thank you Hall & Hart. We are so glad we took the leap and trusted our instincts. You certainly did not disappoint. To see you grow and your success is a true testament of your commitment to your clients.
We cannot recommend you highly enough.

Construction End DateSep 2018
Hi Cornelius, thank you for such a detailed positive review! We really appreciate your feedback. On behalf of the team at Hall & Hart Homes, we wish you all the best in your new home with many happy memories in the years to come. Kind Regards, Hall & Hart Homes.