Hankook Dynapro ATM

See the Best 4WD Tyres in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Hankook? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Off-Roading Frequency
  • Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling

Dwayne
DwayneWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Good all rounder

• +1Thumbnail

Purchased in at JAX Tyres for $265.

Did my homework, seems to have paid off

I drive a Nissan X-Trail medium SUV ( although it is registered officially as a wagon ) and needed to replace two tyres. Hankook had a buy 4 pay for 3 offer which did sway me to consider the brand.
I have pretty much always just replaced like for like with tyres on my car, but I did want to see what else was available for my type of vehicle.
Having purchased the full set of four does provide a fresh perspective on the brand change. No problems with stopping in the wet, they were quieter on the freeway than my previous Continentals, and although I do not go off road, did go onto a very bumpy rural road in the rain with no noticeable slippage.

I am very happy with the change to Hankook, and Tyrepower staff were also super knowledgeable.

Purchased in at Tyrepower.

No stereo sam
No stereo sam

Disappointed

Tyres are 2016 models with still having good tread, I purchased in 2018. pressures are checked regularly. I just got a flat tyre and found all 4 tyres are badly cracked on side walls. Would not recommend these.

jarrethr
jarrethrMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great for the price. Will probably try something else next

Decent tyres! Especially for the money! At under $200 a piece (265/70/17) they are great value.
They have a slight noise (whine) at about 40kph.
Decent off road grip. Rocks etc have scarred the sidewalls a little but they were sharp rocks.

Beach - Fantastic
15,000kms on them so far and hardly any signs of wear.

anthony
anthony

Absolute rubbish

Was happy with these tyres when first purchased but now they are a death trap!!
Incredibly slippery in the wet. Off the mark from the lights on a hill and I go nowhere but sideways, around roundabout loose steering control and braking... well you can guess that one. And all this while driving cautiously!!
I've only had them for a year and half, and they have to go before an accident happens.

Purchased in at JAX Tyres for $900.

Donald C.
Donald C.

excellent

second set of dynapro good wet and dry grip good off road ,done gibb road central highway no puntures smooth quite ride ,done 110000kms and tyres going on camper trailer

Purchased at JAX Tyres.

Very Happy with my Dynapro's

I have them on a PX Ranger which tows a heavy van. Have done about 40,000k so far and they are wearing very well. Should get at least 80,000k if the current wear is any indication.
I have found them very good in both wet and dry conditions, good off road, although like all all terrain tyres reach their limits in heavy mud. Good in sand.
They are quiet on road with little difference to my other vehicles car tyres.
They have done a complete lap of the continent plus another across and back towing 3 tonnes.
The vast majority of their life has been with the van on the back.
I would have another set without hesitation.

Purchased in at Bob Jane T-Marts for $220.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Excellent Victoria

Hankook Dynapro ATM

I’ve owned many sets of hankook 4x4 types & mud configuration all different sizes atm I’m running a set of 265. 70 . 18 on my Pajero sports great Tyers do all I can ask from this type of tyre. Deep Mud holes can be a little tricky but all all terrain types are not the best in this situation. I’ve read many mixed reviews about hankook but I can only say over my time in 4wd this brand has never let me down in all types of situations.not sure how others are having the problems they are stating just my opinion anyway. I highly recommend .

JohnG
JohnGVictoria

Absolute rubbish

Dazza
Dazza

Very disappointed

Will never buy again 40,000 ks went to Jack’s because of vibration and have been told 2 tyres have tread separation and are dangerous not covered by warranty.

Poor in wet conditions

Bought with car. Off-road pretty good . Very poor in wet conditions. Constant understeer at various pressures in the wet. Will not let my wife drive it in wet. Will upgrade ASAP

BunnyCaloundra

Very Happy

I have done 73000K on these tyres, they are now four and half years old and still heaps of tread.I cant wear them out.Very good off road, spent a week on Fraser Island, never looked like getting stuck.Kreb Track and Bloomfield Track no worries, handled very well.But they are getting very noisy, so a new set goes on next week.Very quiet when new , but noisy now, they have to go.Great value for money.

Purchased in at Roys Tyres Caloundra QLD for $235.

BradNorth Western Region, NSW

Don’t blow your money

No road noise, nice and quiet but not good with a heavy load and too soft in sidewalls and tread. Unbelievable amount of repairs.cooper At3’s or ST MAXX instead. I had these on a PX Ranger, had my 1st puncture in under 1000km. Could not get a run from them at all and also the tread started to “chunk” out very quickly. I submitted a complaint but didn’t even get a reply from hankook. After 30,000km and at least 20 punctures I got cooper ST MAXX, even though I was warned of dubious carcass construction. These tyres have done 45,000km over the same roads and worse than the ATM’s and I am yet to have a puncture. ATM’s May be ok for hiway only, don’t even consider going off road.

Purchased in at Copper city tyres Cobar for $280.

No good

Quiet on the road and very slippery in the wet
Absolutely rubbish off road.
Had to get pulled up every hill after just putting these on made me change them instantly

Purchased in at JAX Tyres for $900.

Linz D.
Linz D.

Low noise and good grip

Replaced a combination of Nexen and Toyo car tyres with these on a Mazda Tribute. The Nexens were near new. These tyres are significantly quieter and much better on gravel.

Purchased in for $1,000.

Paul D.
Paul D.asked

What is highest pressure unloaded for best fuel economy without damaging thread?

Anthony L.
Anthony L.asked

I have a question for the reviewers, relating to poor performance on wet sealed roads. do you have any weight in the back of your vehicle when the tyres brake traction?
I have experienced similar with my BFG KO2' and I am wondering if these tyres are as bad in the wet

Thanks.

Laurence B.
Laurence B.

Nil weight in the Ute with my bad experiences with these tyres. Hope that helps

Brad

Hi, I didn’t have an issue as I have 800kg on the back at all times. My main issue was flat tyres and excessive wear. Would never buy again. BFG’s should be a mile better. Although the Dynapro mud terrains seem ok

Bunny

Never had an issue in the wet,even as the tyres aged and hardened up a bit.90 percent of the time nothing in the tray of the ute.Never had a puncture in 73000 K.Could not wear them out,they just got too noisy as they aged,a common problem.

Robert S
Robert Sasked

I got a quote on 4 Hankook Tyre's 255/65/17 A/T the man said that the tread pattern is RS 11 or RS 10 is this right, as I am trying to find some reviews on the tyres.

Category4WD Tyres