Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store

Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store

2.3 from 1,294 reviews

Very upsetting experience, will never go back in my life

I bought a MacBook air Dec 18, stopped working 6mths later, took to Apple, they said corrosion damage, I know for a fact that nothing has been spilt on this computer, I saved for a whole year to pay cash, product care doesn't kick in until Dec 19, was told to take back to HN for assessment, the guy didn't want a bar of me, didn't look at it just said can't help you, I almost cried right there. He did tell me that If I had financed the laptop it would have been covered, I was raised I'd you can't afford it, you can't have it, so you do everything right and then you get scammed, worst experience in my life, maybe educate some employees regarding customer service, cause some are lacking in this area. And to answer the question if I've made a warranty claim, it's a bit impossible when they don't care enough to even have a look at it.

Store LocationOxley
Product PurchasedApple MacBook Air 13-inch

Tech salesmen misleading customers for their benefits

Went to purchase a laptop 2 years back at the valley store in QLD and the salesman was actively pushing you to take up the Flexi Rent option claiming false things such as at end of term, you can offer as low as 50 dollars and also claim all of it on tax etc. Got sucked in and they dont even show you the contract to read at the time, they just apply, ask you to sign and off you go. now at end of term you get hassled with baloon payments and then you understand why they rush you and push you to these things(only for them to get more sales and nothing in this for the customer).

If you look at the flexi rent page, most complaints are from people who took from Harvey norman, dont know why you guys promote such day time robbery.

one word of advise to all, please dont go for the leasing option here.

Store LocationFortitude Valley

Don't expect warranty from Product care.Have had my phone for a month and now trying to excessively charge for repair

Product care is a scam and don't rely on it at all for value or support. So I tried to use the product care policy I bought for an iPhone 6 as the screen went funny. They sent it off and after more than a month of mucking around it is still not repaired. The store has me calling the repairer who has me calling product care who has me calling the store and so on. They are now claiming ( Unfortunately I cant verify) the screen is broken and hence why it has gone funny. If this is the case why has it taken a month to be at this point and secondly they claim I need to pay for it -but at 4 times the price of the local shopping centre repairer for a screen. Clearly the policy is of no value and for repairs they want you to pay for they rip you off with overpriced repairs.

Store LocationHarvey norman
Product Purchasediphone

Good Price

Got a really good price for my new TV. Sales people were really friendly. Team were willing to negotiate with cash payment. Will use HN again for my next TV purchase

Customer service was terrible from the Blacktown computer franchise manager whose name is Josh.

Totally disgusted with lack of customer service at Blacktown Harvey Norman Computer Store, refused to swap over items that were not required to more appropriate items, very bad customer service

Store LocationBlacktown Harvey Norman

A shame they think they are Car Salesman

Went looking for a more than basic Laptop computer had a lot of questions, which a Junior Staffer was handling, we opted to keep looking, he went away to serve another customer. We then had decided on our purchase and was waiting for him, when a senior staffer came over & took over, and when the Junior Staffer returned, he waived him away, and he looked not happy. This left a very sour taste in our mouths and within an hour of purchasing wished we had rejected the senior staffer, and waited until the Junior was ready, but the Senior was very intimidating & also towards the Junior Staffer. Very poor, and feel will not use Harvey Norman again, if this is how staff are treated.

Store LocationCannington WA

Item was too expensive compared to other suppliers

The young handsome sales person very politely told me that I couldn't afford what I was looking at buying. He was very knowledgable about the industry and his people skills were absent. I left the store un happy.

Store Locationgladstone

Worst Ever Service

After placing my online order at 8 am.

Waited till 11.30 am for email or SMS about my pick up. Called rockhampton store to check on it. the staff over the phone said it is ready. (great never got e-mail or sms notification)
went to store, couple of staff talking around, waited 3-4 minutes. one of the staff finally finished talking and asked me if i was OK?
I told her about online pick up, she asked me my details and told me it doesn't show ready on computer,
when i said i placed it around 8 am today for 1 hour pick-up (in stock items) instead of appreciating my effort she replied oh someone has been busy since morning, blah blah...
she was trying to tell me we are too busy to handle online orders. when i told her that's not my concern. she rudely said 'oh someone is getting your order', turned around and walked off, just because i didn't listened to her excuses.
Then i saw another staff getting my item from shelf and gave it to me after signing collection docket.

seriously u don't have time to pick up from shelf and send notification to customers.
I don't care whatever your excuse is, What is the point of 1 hour click and collect.
sent an email to HN on same day, they replied someone will contact me, Never happened.
Good Customer Service HN (Rockhampton)

Sold me a product they didn't have in stock.

Purchased a product on the (10/4/19) for a kids birthday its currently the 7/5/19 I've had no one from Harvey Norman contact me to let me know what's happening I mean why would they have my money already and everyone knows when they deal with Harveys once they have your money they don't care about you its the Harvey way. There second store Joyce Mayne is no better.

EDIT: They don't know where the tracking number is, they don't know where anything is.
Customer gets left in the dark!

You will not have a pleasant experience dealing with HARVEY NORMAN. JBHIFI is across the road and there products/ Service makes Harvey noman look like something out of a 3rd world country.

Store LocationHarvey Norman Darwin
Product PurchasedParrot Disco Drone

Harvey Norman Rothwell moderate unflattering reviews that contain facts. They practice consumer unawareness.

This is the review of my dealings with HN rothwell. It was deemed unsuitable by the team at HN rothwell. My 2 tablets reflect the quality of Rothwell HN.
I've included the stores response at the end. This is my factual dealing with this iconic Aussie retailer. Gerry Harvey himself wouldn't put up with these clowns.

Went into HN rothwell looking for a device for my children. Advised to purchase this tablet by staff. I bought 2, then I asked do the tablets come with cases and screen protectors, no they don't. Asked if there was any to buy as the product is for my children, no. So with the advice of the staff I trusted that the warrantee was as good as having a protective case. Got the tablets home and set up, then noticed incredibly slow to load even the home page, apps were freezing had to call the store for assistance, they gave me Lenovo helpline in India, they were rude and condescending and offered sneered remarks, similar to HN Rothwell. Then went back to HN rothwell for their not so friendly service and their failure to listen to the issues we're having. Consumer Affairs arranged a compromise between HN and I the customer. I attended the store was made wait 30 mins for manager. He was totally rude and denied the compromise set by Cons. Affairs. So, in trusting HN rothwell staff's advice, and using my local Aussie retailer, I can only advise locals in Redcliffe to give your money to any other store than HN rothwell. They should look up the meaning of customer service. Treat customers as you would like to be treated. You cannot fix your problems unless you acknowledge they exist. Stop intimidating, and deliberately sabotaging your customers attempts to claim valid warrantees. In the local word of mouth, your warrantees, are not worth the paper they're written on. Why mediate reviews that are appropriate, factual responses containing areas you need to improve? Reviews are feedback of truths, this is what your customers face when dealing with you. We want to buy via local Aussie retailers. But your ignoring the elephant in your showroom. SPEND YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE

This is HN rothwell company response to my review on their website.

It cannot be published on Harvey Norman, but..
Our staff have read your review on the lenovo tab e7 7-inch tablet - black. We value your contribution but unfortunately it did not meet all our review guidelines.
For more information go to www.harveynorman.com.au/customer-service/faqs/

These guys are the reason customers say "buyer beware"

Store LocationRothwell Harvey Norman
Product PurchasedLenovo tablets

Painfull return

I bough a router online at harvey norman bundall.
They dont have a dedicated collection point as does the store at mermaid waters. Had to go through 2 people to get it.
As it turns out the router was not compatable with HFC nbn , so, i did an online request for a refund.
A day later an email came saying someone from the store would contact me within 48 hours,
No one did. So i call the store.
Got a very unfriendly “Jim” on the phone, told him my story, his reply was that i was wrong the router would connect with any internet, blah, blah blah.
Got tired of listening to him.
I said what about the refund , he says we dont give refunds, give in store credit only.
What a load of crap.
Over night i decided i would exchange it for a d-link router.
Next day i went asked for jim, was told he was busy.
Great dont want to see him anyway.
I asked another guy and he sent to a returns area.
There was nicely spoken young guy, couldnt do enough for me. Should be the store manager.
Exchanged the product.
Jim if you read this, you know what you can do.

POOR Customer Service a JOKE of a Care Plan... DISGUSTING

Directed at the Gepps Cross, SA store. Purchased Apple Watch, took out a product care plan for warranty as it apparently it covers all defaults, damages and software malfunction... ABSOLUTELY NOT! Does not cover damage at all, defaults are a question mark to and the sales rep told us it did... KNOW YOUR PRODUCTS! Took it back to get repaired, had to send to Apple, a fee was charged for Apple to look at it... THIS WAS NOT COMMUNICATED. Provide the facts of the care plan, communicate possibilities, don't lie to customers.

Store LocationGepps Cross

Fantastic customer service

I recently went to Harvey Norman Oxley and purchased a Dyson Vacuum, unfortunately I was extremely disappointed with it, it didn't work well at all and was fairly expensive, I called the store and spoke with Robbie the Manager from the Appliance department, he was fantastic, very professional and friendly. I then drove into the store and he helped me with a replacement taking time to go over all the options, I was extremely happy with the entire experience. I have purchased from this store before and they do offer great customer service which in is rare these days, thank you Robbie and team at Oxley.

Store LocationHarvey Norman Oxley
The product quality refers to the home theatre system purchased from this store and the replacement vacuum which is a Miele.

A scam lettting vunuable people down

I have written so many times with regard filling out questions and getting them right and you have won a TV I do not want nothing for nothing but it is to me a scam and needs reporting I have a very old TV have and stage 4 cancer and twice I have been let down please be honest with people. Thank You Barbara

HP desktop computer

I was attended to by a polite patient sales assistant named Joseph in the electronics department of the Malaga store. He answered all my questions and helped choose the right product for me. I was also impressed by his kindness, his attitude to please me and sense of humour which not many sales assistants have today he made the whole experience of shopping enjoyable. If you want great service with a warm smile and politeness go to Harvey Norman Malaga and ask for Joseph.

Store LocationHarvey Norman Malaga

Sold incorrect product

I had a very disappointing experience yesterday 7/04/2019 at Computer Superstore Morayfield.
I wanted to return a product (HDMI Adapter) as I was sold this incorrectly. I went into the store 28/3/2019 with my Mac book. I was helped by the manager (I was not aware he was the manager) and told him I needed help finding what I needed and explained I think it is a HDMI cord I need to go from my laptop to the TV to view photo's for a family event. Manager looked at my laptop and gave me what he said I needed.
When time came for the family to sit down to view photo's on the TV my Son told me that I was sold an adapter not a cable ( I understand mistakes happen). My son said he will go to the local Target store 5 minutes down the road and buy a cable, rather than going back to Harvey Norman (minimum 1 hour round trip). Thats great I said, next time I'm in Morayfield I'll drop in and get a refund.
As I said, I went into Harvey Norman and was served by a young man. He ask if I wanted an exchange , I told him no thank you I have what I need from another store. I was taken by surprise with his response. He was arrogant in the way he spoke as he said the correct thing to do would be to return to the store you purchased the product for a resolution. I was in disbelief in the tone he used. I responded by saying the correct thing would off been to be sold the right product so I would not have to drive back into Morayfield. He went on to say that the use of the HDMI adapter would off been explain to me and ask about my laptop. I told him no it was not explained to me I would just like a refund once again. He then walked over in a huff to a young lady told her to give me a refund(the young lady was very pleasant. As he walked away (no eye contact) he said see you next time. I replied with I don't think so. I walked out of the store shaken and close to tears. My husbard was waiting in the car park. I told him how I was treated, he was not happy. We went back into the store together to see the manager to make a complain. I asked another employee if I could see the manager (Tim was standing with him) we were told there is no manager on today but the young man is the supervisor. My husband told him he needs to learn customer service and we will be complaining. He did not try to put it right, only rolled his eyes really did not care.
I have never experienced this treatment before and are not the type of person to make complains but fell compelled to do so. It is a real shame I feel very uncomfortable at the thought of entering the store in the future. It was my go to computer and picture printing store. In future I will go to Good Guys or JB Hifi and Camera House for photo's.

Store LocationMorayfield

Got what needed at awesome deal

Staff was quite helpful and order was completed in no time. they had the stock of the item that was on special and no issues at with finding someone to assist with order at store

Store LocationCairns

Cairns Store - staff just want the sale

Firstly I was sold a laptop by Harvey Norman Cairns through Flexirent. Salesman sold it to me advising I would have full accidental damage cover (even on the loaner if one ever required). I asked about the loaner - would it be the same standard computer as my son uses it for multimedia subjects. Yes he said. I was approved for $11K credit!! I have since requested the paperwork from Flexirent that he submitted and he has falsely filled out the form on my employment status and income. I did not have to provide any proof of income. I advised Flexirent of this. They did nothing.

Fast forward 18mths, it needed a repair. Flexirent said the loaner would just be a standard computer and not able to handle the programs. Harvey Norman Salesman lied. We didn't worry about the loaner as they wanted $110 for a computer that was not going to suit us and was not going to be insured under the accidental damage!! Another lie the Salesman told.

Flexirent decided it wasn't worth repairing as it was a major fault. They valued the computer at $920 (I paid $1400 brand new 18mths earlier). The store said I had to spend the credit with them. I have since found out, I could have got my money back instead but this was not offered - is this a case of staff not knowing how it works (there were 3 staff there that got involved). I was told I had $920 to spend in-store on another one.

They sold me another computer that I had to pay the difference on. Fast forward 6 months and it has the same fault. It is sent to Acer for repair (manufacturers warranty). A month after receiving it back, it is doing the same thing. As it has a minor bump in the corner (which as been there since purchase and has come back worse after the repair), ACER now claim they will charge to repair this fault.

The staff at the Cairns store do not inform you of all your options, they just give you the option that gives them another sale. Now they are telling me to lodge an accidental damage with Flexirent and if it can't be repaired, I will be given a credit. No, I will take my money back and spend it elsewhere.

Avoid the Cairns Harvey Norman store. Stick with Good Guys or Betta Electrical in Cairns.

I have taken the matter to Office of fair trading and am getting an independent computer technician to look at it.

Store LocationCairns

Never again

Never again will I purchase anything from Harvey Norman.first of all over 3 hrs to sign up for a new phone,but the phone + earphones are faulty they don't want to own it instead wasted my time sending me else where to no avail.Head office are useless and just ignorant.

Store LocationBlacktown

Have shopped here often, always a pleasure

I've bought many many things from Harvey Norman over my lifetime. I have always found the team to be very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. There is usually plenty of staff members available to assist, sometimes there is a wait if the store is very busy with a sale, but usually it's totally acceptable.

The range at Harvey Norman is also really good, always with the latest and greatest.

Store LocationToowoomba