Henley

Faulty Glass

We have been living in our Henley Home for just over 12 months with some small defects But now we have a problem with our bi fold doors when the sun comes thru you cant see out the glass someone has already admitted there is a fault by changing one of the glass panels,but now know one wont's to help any further. JWG standards are so wrong they state imperfection must not be visible from 3 meters WELL THIS IS,
So according to the last email no further action will be taken,so what are you saying henley i will have to take my own action????

Construction End DateSeptember 2017

Good Job

Overall we had a good expierience with Henley, there were sometimes in which communication wasn’t the best, however issues were dealt with well and promptly. Our site supervisors were great!

Fast & great service

Henley did a great job,They have completed job without any delay in just 5 months and final cost was same as estimated cost. I am satisfied with Henley and recommending to others.

Great job

House was built as we needed and My administrator (Brooke) and my Construction Supervisor (Paul) are such a awesome people. they are very helpful and very honest.
Only one thing I'm not happy that is the cleaning at the hand over was bit disappointed.

other that I'm Happy with Henley

Construction End DateApril 2019

Not a bad experience as thought

House was not built in time due to issues with suppliers I was told. However the process from admin to completion was smooth. Site supervisor [name removed] was great. We know few things was beyond control of the supervisor but he did his best to get things ready. Workmanship however was not great. Emperor 48 is supposed to be a signature house for Henley and we paid big money for it, but the finishing by their contractors is poor. Fingers crossed to see how things go from here regarding repairs and maintenance during the warranty period.

Not Great

Could have been better. However happy with honesty as they refunded all the extras they didn't use. Disappointed with the admin side as there where mix ups with constant follow ups by us rather than Henley being on the ball. Also problems at the beginning of the build as the sales person made errors that cost us time and money. After Build still have issues not fixed to date. Spoke with others who build with Henley in area and all i got was bad feed back on site manager [Name Removed]and Henley not completing things requiring fixing.

Construction End DateDecember 2018
Hello Lena, We are disappointed to read about your experience with us. Should you experience issues post settlement please do not hesitate to email through to customercare@henley.com.au where we can provide additional assistance. Best wishes, Henley Team.

Delays, poor execution and no sight of the finish line

I was initially wanting to post a review subsequent to completion of the build, however it unfortunately cannot wait and I hope this will draw Henley's attention and inspire them to finish our home with the urgency it deserves.

To give credit where it is due, their sales, design and contract/admin teams were excellent and provided prompt and precise information and feedback during the pre-construction phase. Good work.

Construction started on time and generally all went well for the first 3 months, and then the wheels fell off. A number of significant issues have seen completion of the home plagued with delays, with very little remorse and/or urgency from Henley to finish our new home:

Summary of mistakes, defects and general issues:

Alfresco raft slab poured to incorrect levels
Alfresco downlights set out and installed in the incorrect position
GPO's missing to walls already plastered and painted
Brickwork quality generally poor and below industry standards
Tiles ran out - delays
Stone tops to kitchen/bathroom not available when required - delays
Garage floor concrete quality appalling - not suitable for painting/epoxy
Tiles grouted with the incorrect grout colour

Working for a large commercial Builder myself, I do understand that in construction things can go wrong fairly easily and quickly. The disappointment I have with Henley is the lack of acknowledgement, feedback and urgency to rectify these problems and fully complete the home with due diligence and expedition.

I've seen little to no progress in the construction of our home for approximately 4 weeks. I'm a very disappointed, frustrated and irate customer. The poor supervision, execution and delayed completion of the construction of our new home is now at my financial expense and loss. I was expecting a lot more from this Builder.

Building Permit No: BS-U 1093/201802646/0

Build StageMid-Construction
Hello Lance D, We have sent you a private message so that we can gather some additional information in regards to your review. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Best wishes, Henley Team.

The Professional and Perfect

we build our House with Henley in year 2011. we were really satisfied with their professional service and advice given to us all the time. From the first day to until handover they have been so good I love their work their finishing of the house cant compare to any other builder once I was satisfied with my house I have referred Henley to my friends who also end up building with Henley. if I build again I will surely come back to you'll. Thank you once again for the great service given to us

Construction End DateApril 2012
Hello Sivanthi Punchihewa, Wow! thank you so much for your glowing review. We are thrilled to read that you had a fantastic journey with us and that you love your new home. Thank you again for your review and we appreciate your recommendations. Best wishes, Henley Team.

My Henley Haven

My introduction to wanting to build with Henley was not ideal - having searched display home after display home I'd fallen in love with the Sarhara 40 but we wanted a small adjustment my Husband and Daughter are both drummers so we wanted a separate "room" detached from the main dwelling. Initially our sales representative was all positive and said they'd investigate and get back to us however after 1 month of what felt like borderline stalking nothing...... I never thought I would have to push so hard for someone to build my home!! Finally we were placed with another Sales team and they were effortless to deal with. We able to construct the required space with the Sales Reps excellent thinking and advise. From that point on it was great, the staff were all delightful and helpful. The quality of build is satisfactory, so pleased with all the finishing's. Being a knock down rebuild the process feels like forever but overall happy with the finished product. Its only been a week little things require fixing, lets see how they get dealt with....... but overall really satisfied with my forever home.

Construction End DateMarch 2019
Hello Sally, Thank you very much for your 4 star review. We are delighted to read that overall, you are pleased with your new home. Congratulations on settling in your new home and we wish you many happy years living in it! Best wishes, Henley Team.

Great experience with small hiccups in between.

To start with Henley has some great design and we built Amalfi 29. Great experience standard inclusion are among one of the best part of Henley. We had minor hiccup in between with drafting team about our living room window as it was little bit confusing the way they differentiate openable and fixed window. On all the openable they have V shape sign in between of windows and no sign for fixed window but fact is V shape has nothing to do with openable and fixed in fact you need to look for tiny O&F underneath. I wonder why then they are having that V shape sign because all our bed rooms windows which Yu are openable has V shape sign in between the window and taking that into consideration I thought that’s the same case with living window because it has V shape I thought It will open but we ended up getting fixed because it has little F written underneath who need fixed window in living anyway that what we have now. I am following Henley group on FB and there are over 2400 members and many of them had similar issue. I would suggest Henley to look into it and be little more clear about such things. Even my site supervisor was surprise as he thought the same that I am getting openable window so when your own employees are still getting confuse and are unable to explain the different between drawing we are the customer and it’s obvious so no harm in making things more clear for customer.

We love our new house

Construction End DateFebruary 2019
Hello Patel, We have sent you a private message so that we can gather some additional information in regards to your review. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Best wishes, Henley Team.

happy with henley

Hi All,
good job and supporting was perfectly with henley.Our house was build with henley this was our first build.we felt henly went out of there way to help us, We are very happy with everything
Tradies worked really well.
Very happy with everything I would recommend henly.the house was build with high standards and trades.

Construction End DateFebruary 2019
Hello HNS, Thank you very much for your 5-star review. We are pleased to read that your first build went so well. Congratulations on settling in your brand new home and we appreciate any future recommendations. Best wishes, Henley Team.

My first home with Henley, positive experience but few critical negatives

Pre-construction : I had pleasant experience with sales process until I found out that in written I was told that I have fixed site cost but it turned out to be not fixed and I was charged ~$5500 more in my site cost. I learned that you can never win in such situation even you have written email from sales person confirming that I will not need to pay a dollar more than what is written and countersigned in the contract. Yes it was after contract signed I had to pay more for site cost.
Mid - Construction : I had very good site supervisor, I must say [name removed] is an amazingly good person to work with and construction was fast and of good standard. Unfortunately close to settlement [name removed] went on extended leave and my settlement and post settlement was handed to another site supervisor.
Post-Construction : As with any house they are few things left undone and issues that you encounter which we did. Post construction is a different story, hard to get hold of anyone. Weeks have gone and few things at fault of workman has not been addressed yet.
I always judge company based on post sale experience which has not been great that influenced my rating to 3/5.

Construction End DateFebruary 2019
Hello Digant R Chauahan, Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Should you still be experiencing issues post settlement please feel free to email us on customercare@henley.com.au and we will assist. Congratulations on your settlement. Best wishes, Henley Team.

Terrible experience never ever build with Henley

I m almost on road with my family but still waiting for my new home for last 1 year. By 1st week of Feb 2018 everything (land, contract,loan) was ready but building process was terribly slow and it's still under construction. I begged them whatever happen earlier forget about that plz complete this by end of Jan 2019 but they don't care about your problems. I have gone through so much stress that I can't explain here. My family life and everything disturbed v badly because of Henley. So I will never recommend anybody to Henley

Build StageMid-Construction
Hello Daljit, I believe your Site supervisor has been in contact with you since this review and we have made solid progress towards your settlement. Best wishes, Henley Team.

Not a good experience

We build Grenville 40. We love the floor plan, however having lots of headache and disappointment at early stage of the process where constant changed of the administration staff. Paper work was a mess. Items in Tender document was not reflecting/captured correctly in the final drawing. Staff was not attention to details. Did not have a good experience. It got slightly better during construction stage, the construction administrator and the site supervisor was very responsive and always attended to issues raised promptly. Quality of the workmanship was average. We wish Henley would sent more experience tradies for the house construction that way the workmanship is in line with Henley luxury name association.

Construction End DateJanuary 2019
Hello Rafael, Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. Thank you also for your feedback, we certainly take all of this on board as to constantly make improvements. We are pleased to hear that your Construction experience was pleasant. Congratulations on your settlement. Best wishes, Henley Team.

Very happy

Tradies worked really well.

Build StagePost-Construction
Hello Leanne, Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us, we are happy to hear that it was a positive one. Congratulations on settling and we wish you many happy years in your home. Best wishes, Henley Team.

A really enjoyable experience!

We built our new home (Monaco Lux Q1) with Henley which was completed in February 2019. We fell in love with the Monaco floor plan right from the beginning and were impressed with Henley’s list of standard inclusions as well as the presentation of their display homes. We had generally a great experience right from sales until handover. We had a minor hiccup in admin in regards to a retaining wall on our land but it was resolved quickly and smoothly by our customer service admin. We then got on site and things started happening at a good speed. There were a few hiccups throughout the build- but these are always to be expected and they were all fixed without any issue. We had an amazing site supervisor (Rene) who always made himself available for phone calls and walk throughs and was just generally a great person to deal with. We still have some minor things to be fixed post handover but these have all been noted and in the process of being done. We absolutely love our Henley Home and can’t wait to make many memories here. We can’t thank all the staff we’ve dealt with throughout the process enough from sales, to the design team, admin and construction, they were all fantastic! It has been a really enjoyable experience!

Construction End DateFebruary 2019
Hello Candice B, We are pleased to read that you were happy with the management of your build and love your finished home. Thank you very much for your review and congratulations on settling in your brand new home! Best wishes, Henley Team.

Excellent experience

The Henley team were such a nice bunch of people.
This build was for my first home with a number of non standard options. What I really fell in love with is the floor plan which Henley had (Amalfi). The floor plan had excellent flow, natural lighting and well organised and well proportioned rooms.
The pre construction team were so accommodating right from the very beginning and continued to support me through the very daunting colour selection process.
If you have a number of non standard items and have customised your home to a certain extent, you can expect the build to take longer than you think. My build took just over 10 months, so if your in a hurry to build, I probably would look elsewhere. However the build quality was way above the standard I have seen compared to other volume type builders in the area. There were a few hiccups along the way with ruthless theft in the area, however by building supervisor (Chris) dealt with replacement in a prompt and professional manner. My site supervisor was very easy to get along with and it was easy to ask questions and relay any concerns I had, he went above and beyond, and was able to pick up from the first site supervisor who had left in the first couple of months after the start of the build. The administration team were excellent and would answer emails within 24hrs.
I would suggest sourcing your own independent building inspector throughout the build as some of the tradesmen in the area which were used for my build were a bit questionable, however my site supervisor was able to remedy any substandard work.
Henley is not exactly a budget builder if your after your dream home, so expect to pay for the extra options and quality. I found that they were trust worthy if your new to the building process and would gladly build with them again.

Many thanks to Chris and the team at Henley for building our dream home.

Job Number: 309387
Development Approval / Building Approval Permit Number: 1093/201800515/0
Build Location: Lot 622, 8 Theodore Street TARNEIT 3029
Home Design Name: Amalfi AM631

Construction End DateFebruary 2019
Hello Marlon! Thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent review for our team, we appreciate it! Its very pleasing to read that you had a positive experience throughout the whole process. Congratulations on your settlement. Best wishes, Henley Team.

Great Home and Experience!!!

The whole building process went smoothly right from signing contracts and selections, all the way through to construction. The quality of the build was fantastic with barely any issues. My building supervisor Robert was amazing and very thorough, and went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect! Couldn’t fault anything at all! I would definitely recommend Henley as a builder of choice!!

Build StagePost-Construction
Hello Kat, Thank you very much for your lovely 5-star review. It is great to read that you were so happy with the process, the service and the overall quality of the build. We appreciate any future recommendations and wish you many happy years in your home! Best wishes, Henley Team.

Great Experience

Friendly and helpful staff right from the beginning. We found the process at the beginning a bit slow, however once the build started it was great. Our Site supervisor (Ray) kept us up to date with a call at least once a week, more often as the fit out was underway. We think that the build quality is excellent. There were some minor hiccups along the way, however these were dealt with quickly and effectively. We have moved in are totally delighted with our new home. Thanks to all the Henley staff who helped along the way. Will recommend Henley without hesitation.

Construction End DateFebruary 2019
Hello Bob Haddock, We are very happy to hear that you had such a great experience building and are delighted with your new home. Thank you very much for your review and congratulations on settlement! Best wishes, Henley Team.

Satisfied

Job Number: 312252 Development Approval / Building Approval Permit Number: 1093/201800413/0 Build Location: Lot 1406, 94 Stanhope Road TARNEIT 3029
Home Design Name: Sahara 34
First of all I would like to thank everyone who help us to build our dream home. I would say the experience we had with Henley while building the new house is ok. The house plan is exceptional and also it's looks really nice. I would have rate exceptional if I had delivered everything I was told by the henley staff on time. There are lot of bit pieces still to be done also the communication should be improved between the site supervisors and office staff. All an all we really like our new house.

Construction End DateFebruary 2019
Hello Udara Fernando, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we are pleased to hear that you are happy with your new home. Congratulations on settling in your new home. Best wishes, Henley Team.